Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:34 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

katenicole - congrats on 140's

babygal - Maybe I will get my masters in social work or something to do with the family....the reason I don't follow social work is because it is of the government.....they are so backwards in the things they do .....sometimes they hurt people more than help even though they have good intentions.

As far as the you can do anything you want....I believe that with enough work and by finding the right people to help you that you can....I believe if you let enough people get you down you will not think you can do it...however...I don't know what you and other minorities go through...but all I can do is try to bring to light what minorities go through. Keep your head up and don't ever let anyone get you down! Keep trying! I believe in you!

If anyone is interested in learning how ignorant people can be...just google Emmett Louis Till....read about him...it is a very eye opening and sad story...and also see what images you can find on him.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #392  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Can't wait to see the scale on August 1. I'm hoping it will read nice and low. I havent worked out since Wednesday, so this coming week, it's ON!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:21 AM   #393  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls! Well it's Monday! and my official weigh in is #187.4! I'm happy with it, it's#1 down from last week - AND during TOM! I don't think I'm hitting my july goal, but definately still on target for this one! We have 5 WEEKS LEFT! We need to WORK!!! I know that I've completely slacked on the exercise front, although eating is still REALLY good!

I'd LOVE to be in the lower 1/2 of the #180's soon! I'm working towards it! I need to remotivate myseolf to work out...other than my pushups. Something about the way that the challenge is set up works for me. I need to do something similar. I'm thinking of the C25K program. How cool would it be to be able to jog 5K AND do 100 pushups! My biggest problem is ggetting out of the house to exercise... if only I had a treadmill! I think I'm going to look into one on some discount sites and stuff... any suggestions?

How is everyone else doing 5 weeks before the goal date?
Old 07-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #394  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Eny -- I had a treadmill. It was a great place to hang clothes. I find that exercising with a friend keeps me motivated. If it's social, if it's fun, I'll do it!

I was a little scared to get on the scales this morning. My MIL had knee replacement surgery one month ago. Her doctor has told her to get out of the house, but she is having a hard time doing it -- because of the pain and the fear of pain, I think. So, my sister-in-law, my niece and I kidnapped her for a girls night out last night. We went to a local steakhouse (my MIL's favorite) and to see Mamma Mia. (If you haven't seen it, you HAVE to go!!!) I figured steakhouse would look real bad on the scales this morning. I didn't lose, but I did maintain. 179.

Here's to a loss next week! 6 pounds down, 4 to go in the Labor Day Challenge.

Last edited by Chelby29; 07-28-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #395  

Eny - Congrats on the loss!!! Keep it up you'll not only hit the lower 180's but you'll be in the 170's before you know it!!!!

Chelby - Congrats on the maintain!!! Hope your MIL feels back to her old self soon!!

I'm up a little this week in pounds but down some in inches....I pretty much took all of last week off due to the "big test" and stress...but I'm back with a vengance now....I'm starting SBD today to start trying to keep my carbs in check. I had a cheesy spinach quiche for breakfast this morning...I'm not crazy about spinach but it was actually good...better than I thought.....I liked the cheese!!! YUM!

So here are my numbers ....format follows start/current/goal

weight --> 255/245/241

Bust --> 48/45.5/45

Waist --> 49/47.5/46

Hips --> 55/52/52 (goal met)

Legs --> 28/27/26

Gained 2 pounds and lost 1 inch Oh well...its back on the horse today!

I did pretty good at my money management last week!

I'm looking forward to next month!
Old 07-28-2008, 10:04 AM   #396  

Height: 5'6"

hi everybody i hope its not too late for me to join i started a year ago on my weight loss but ended up gaining 15 more pounds but seeing all u motivated ladies really impressed me and i wanna give it another try so lets see what happens now a little about me im 26 and have a 2 year old daughter infact today is her birthday
and im planning to start SBD im currently 215.8 lbs and a size 16/18 and i would like to lose about 15 lbs during this challenge i think thats it wish u all a happy week

Last edited by strawberryeyes; 07-28-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

strawberry You have alofty goal for 5 weeks! You're going to have to work your butt off! (Literally ) What plan are you doing? what workouts?

I'm glad you're joining us - having support and motivated people around you makes a world of difference!

Momma - Don't worry about the gain.. the inches are coming off! I've come to the point where I'm going to measure myself for August. I've been running from the tape measure for too long! But I KNOW that losing weight is making a difference. Oh, and I'm buying the 30 day shred that you talk so highly of. I can't wait! I'm getting a couple other DVDs too - I need to mix it up more, but mostly I need to get excited w/ exercise, and my current DVDs are just boring to me now. *sigh*
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #398  

strawberry - you'll get those 15 back down!!!

Eny - Yayyy let me know how you like the new work out DVD when you get it! Stick with it...push yourself. ITS ONLY 20 MINUTES! I promise it gets easier!!! LOL This DVD will also help you with your push ups!!!
Old 07-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #399  

Is it naptime yet?

I feel the TOM bloat coming, bleh, but I don't think it's going to be that bad this month.

Good job everyone for being so motivating and working towards your goals!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #400  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

I havent posted in a few days, but I'm back. I walked for 160 minutes tonight with a little jogging thrown in. It was fun and sweaty! For the rest of the evening, I'm going to do a major bedroom/closet cleaning plus laundry and add that to my post in the 20-something fitness challenge. My eating was also REALLY good today. Things are starting to get better in life, so I'm trying to keep the faith. Glad everyone here is staying committed to our goals. My next weigh-in will be August 1 during my vacation to the British Virgin Islands!!! Yay!!

RAVE: Running/jogging is still very new in my life. I cant usually do even half a lap. Tonight, I ran ONE WHOLE LAP with my best friend. He helped me a ton!!!!!

Last edited by Tamara; 07-28-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #401  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Yea ENY KEEP UP your good weight loss efforts

strawberries

Chelby: Good control

McKenziemomma: thanks for the luv

Katen: snooze if you choose but make sure ya lose: how is that

Today I went to a fitness club just to check it out and I think I am going to join. I worked in the yard again, that seems to be my new obsession, my knees and back are so sore but I can't wait to do it again. My DGS is right out there with me it is so fun getting him to help because he is such a lil man. He works a little then goes and drive his car or ride his bike, just like a darn man.
It seems that I am in the dog house with the big guy. I stated that I was going to do something then didn't do it as stated. Oops Oh well this dog house has air conditioning and cable
Old 07-29-2008, 10:45 AM   #402  

Tamara - You go girl!!! End this month strong! Keep the faith! You are doing great you got a little cleaning going on....alot of exercise...and eating on plan!!! Keep it up chickey poo!!!

Babygal - Good job on joining the gym! Its a perfect no excuse workout! I love love love to walk around my neighborhood! But, sometimes its too hot and humid...or raining! So, I got me a gym membership and on those nights I go to the gym and get my walking in....sometimes on the treadmill...but I also like to switch it up and use the eliptical and the bikes or a stair stepper and sometimes I even do some extra strength training

Katen: Errrr it won't be long my TOM will be back around! I just keep in mind a post TOM whoosh if I stick to my plan!!!

Eny: Can you beleive we only have 5 weeks left in this challenge!!! How about a little sneak peak into your next challenge??? LOL...5weeks will go by so fast....I can't wait! I'm only 4 pounds away from my labor day goal! I have the feeling I'm gonna have to change my Labor Day goal....I tell you one thing for sure...I'm gonna have to quit getting my threads mixed up and posting the wrong stuff on the wrong thread...LOL!!!

GUESS WHAT!?!?!? I weighed in at 241 today!!! My BMI is only 2.8 away from being out of the 40 somethings!!!!! AND I'm almost in the 230's.....1 more pound and I will have lost my first 20 pounds!!! I'm so excited!!!!

I'm gonna wait until I meet my goal of 237 (labor day goal) before I update my goal...I think I'm gonna meet it before labor day...here within a couple of weeks...but before I go changing my goal I wanna see how much time there is left in the challenge so I can make it realistic
Old 07-29-2008, 01:39 PM   #403  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Go Melissa!!! Good for you! You are almost there! How old is McKenzie? She sure is a cutie! Is she your only? I have an only.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:22 PM   #404  

I am proud to say girls that today marks 20 lbs. lost for me!! TOM and all.
I honestly don't know how I did it, I never thought I could lose 20, much less 5. I'm about to go get my nursing tetanus shot, ugh.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #405  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Go Melissa!!! Good for you! You are almost there! How old is McKenzie? She sure is a cutie! Is she your only? I have an only.
McKenzie will be 1 year old next Thursday August the 7th!!!

My sweet little baby is getting so big! It seems just like yesterday I was pregnant for ever!!!!

And yes she is my only! I want to have another one maybe in about 4 more years...a sweet little boy!
Closed Thread