Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

dancing I'm glad you're here! We're a lot of fun. And there's 4 1/2 weeks left. I will start a Halloween challenge after this one too... I like holiday goals. It helps to keep me honest through the get togethers!

Blue - as well! Just keep posting on your progress!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:13 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

dancingirl - OUCH...sorry to hear about the dr's visit....sorry to hear about the boyfriend too...why did you guys decided to call it quits...is he moving for good????

Eny - I can't wait for your halloween thread.....you kick butt on planning these challenges!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:10 AM   #423  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Dancing and Blue!

Congratulations McKenziesMom!

Chelby ~ It is SO not fair that men can lose weight easier than we can! That just burns me!

Eny ~ Basically, yesterday was my birthday. I knew I was going to be kinda depressed about it and I really just wanted to chill. I ended up having to go to both jobs, my supervisor at the VA yelled at me, my mama forgot to call me and wish me happy birthday, and my BFF kept trying to 'cheer me up' when I told her that I would be okay after my birthday was over and to just leave me be for a minute. Then today, I woke up in a good mood, got to work and my other supervisor yelled at me as soon as I walked in the door. Then we were severely shortstaffed so everyone had to do like three times the work as usual and my back and arms were screaming when it was all over. I called Nikki (BFF) and she just jumps on me because I didn't call her last night. Well I got off work from Valero at 130 in the morning and I wanted to call her but I figured that she had to be up at 7 am for work so I said I would call her today. She was pissed off because I talked to Kittie but didn't call her. Well Kittie called ME while I was on the bus and by the time I got off the phone with her, I was walking into Valero to start my shift. So she fussed at me for like ten minutes, talking stupid stuff like she thought I was going to kill myself yesterday and she was the only one who wanted to cheer me up, which is NOT true, my lil sister and brother and stepfather all called and left me messages on my birthday, so did my cousins and auntie and she's mad because I talked to Kittie and not her. I ended up getting so angry I just hung the phone up and wanted to punch a hole in something. Everytime we fight, she manages to make me feel like a ****ty person and I just didn't want to hear it today. I called Kittie cause I wanted to vent and she was as confused as me. But I decided I'm not calling her again till she calls me. I'm too tired for this bs!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:15 AM   #424  

Height: 5'4"

congrats on me and you making 20 lbs mckenziesmomma. wooohoo!
i still have 8 pounds for my goal though. But I'm happy anyway!!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #425  

Shari - I'm sorry you had a crappy day. My b-day the last 2 years has sucked too. I decided that I'm just not celebrating it anymore! *sigh* And tell Nikki that she needs to get over herself! You have me, what else could you need???? I can't WAIT until you come here! I need to work my butt of (literally) so i can get into those 8's!

I did a little workout last night - about 20 mins total. I'm just SO bored with my videos. ugh. Tomorrow I'm DEFINATELY buying the 30 day shred (thanks Momma) and another yoga video. My eating's back on plan - but my calorie counting website has been down for 2 days! I'm going FRANTIC!!! I'm going to have to paper and pen it until it's back up I also realized that my water intake has been AWFUL lately! I need to work on that!

I've been SO tired lately! I took a 2 hour nap with Hunter yesterday and the day before! I'm not sure what's going on with me!

Tomorrow's payday. and my new raise will be reflected on this paycheck. I'm going to get some new clothes.

Ok time to get to work! 4 1/2 weeks left girls! LET'S HIT THOSE GOALS!!!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:50 AM   #426  

katen - YAYYYY for your 20 lb loss!!!!

Jasonslea - GEEZ.....sounds like your friend is a little obsessive! Sorry you had a bad b-day!
Old 07-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #427  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I just wanted to post my update on my Labor day goal since I hit halfway there today. So exciting to have escaped the 250's. Hope everyone is doing well.

Sw: 254
Cw: 249
Gw: 244
Old 07-31-2008, 10:54 PM   #428  

Height: 5'6"

hello girls well today went well except for a small cup of iced tea and a little sip of pepsi ,breakfast is the worst meal for me coz i feel as if i cant eat anything but today i tried a salad n i liked it n we are going for the weekend and i plan to do lots of walk over there ok ladies best of luck for the weekend
Old 08-01-2008, 03:19 PM   #429  

hey girls - I'm happy to report that I'm down again. #186.6 is my offical August weigh in! Which means I have 4 weeks to lose the #2.2 to hit this goal! I'm GOING TO hit it early, as I've set my August goal to be out of the #180's. I'm going to have to really WORK! I managed to lose #4.4 last month, so #6.8 will be a stretch. It's a good thing I have you girls here to keep me on task!

My biggest problem is slacking off on work outs! So I'm committed to 30 mins, 4 xs a week minimum! WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 08-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #430  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Newbies, jump right in and get moving

Shari: Happy belated birthday. You can celebrate your birth any day you desire.

Yesterday I tried to post. I wrote all my stuff and must have hit the wrong button because it all just disappeared. So here is my latest: I joined the BAC and had an instructor give me a workout schedule. It has 4 or 5 floors and seem to be a very nice facility.
This evening BF ticked me off...tears couldn't help and laying in bed didn't help so I got up got myself together and went and worked out then I went down to the Marina and walked about a mile or two, it was wonderful. I am starting to believe BF and I are growing apart. Emotionally it is painful but I choose not to stop growing and going in a healthy direction just to apease him and keep this "relationship" going. He better pull it together or I got to walk and ladies I will relay on you all for that sisterly support. MommaKenzie I know you got me Eny: I know you will not let me fall by the "wayside "

Strawberry: I feel your struggle about eating in the morning. I have a hard time with that also.

Chelby: It is better to take that baby weight off now oppose to waiting 25 years. Better yet taking it off and putting it back on then taking it off again and putting it back, Yep I am guilty. Now I want it to be my lifestyle.

I am a bad girl at 40, I'll be a pretty 50 and sexy 60 year old.

I am going to rest now, good nite
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #431  

Baby - youknow no matter what I've got you! I'm feeling a little of the same. Joe and I seem to be more and more distant. I think there's other factors going on rather than just us growing apart though. I need to figure out a way to work on them...

I weighed in this morning (as always) and I'm down. I love seeing a lower number on the scale! A bigger one with the daily fluxs doesn't bother me either... but I REFUSE TO SEE A #190 EVER AGAIN!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #432  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Evy: Congrads on your loss. You are doing quite well considering you are going through some stressful times. I love the option of going to work out rather than sit around eating. I just got to figure out how I am going to keep me on the elpitglide (sp) I get up there and soon as that heart rate get going so do I. Now weights I will lift and pull all day. Music might help I need me an ipod or something. Any suggestions until I can afford an ipod.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:30 PM   #433  

Eny - Yay on the loss....you go girl! I have faith in you! I know you'll get out of the 180's this month....just think....all we have is this month and the labor day challenge is done! Just think how you will feel when you reach your goal.....you'll be so siked and you'll start off on your next goal feelin' good about yourself!!! WOW I bet by halloween you will be 155 - 160!!!!

Babygal - I'm so glad you are such a strong woman!!! and yes I will be here no matter what you go through ups and downs!!! I know it sucks that there is a possibility that you have grown apart from your BF.....there have been many times in my life that I was with the wrong person and spent a long time trying to make them the "right" person and make it work....and that is just more time your losing with the real "right" person!!! TRUST ME! He is out there and when you find him he will make you happy in every way and be a very supportive person....not saying you won't fight or ever have disagreements....but it will be different!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #434  

baby - I bought a 2GB MP3 player at Wlamart for $35. It's a cheaper alternative to the Ipod. Plus they don't have the Ipod shuffle in pink.

Melissa - you seriously need to go back to school for social work! You rock! My problems right now suck... and I don't know how to approach Joe about them without him getting on the defensive. Any advice on that front?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #435  

Eny - Well....without knowing specifically what the problem is...I can tell you a really quick fix to any problem that usually helps get the conversation started on an adult level...LOL....I usually start off with a hug and then I say that I'm sorry! He will say why?? Unless you are fighting for something specific....and you can just say....."I'm juggling so much right now....daily life, work, trying to eat right, and exercise, its that time of the month (insert as much as you can here but make it about you ...not how he treats you or how you feel he treats you...LOL) and I get stressed out sometimes. I think I take alot out on you that I shouldn't. I was wondering if we could talk about things I've done to upset you so I can better acknowledge how to deal with my stress and not upset you in the future"

NOW....when you say it like this....you open up the lines of communication acknowledging that there is a problem and taking on the brunt of the problem as your responsibility....this usually gets them to open up because you aren't pointing the finger and yelling...LOL!

He will talk to you and maybe say....."Well....sometimes I just feel like you expect so much from me...and I do this and this and this...and I just feel like you don't appriciate what I do!" or whatever he says....he may really say SOMETHING with feeling that you didn't know....he may really say something about how you treat him that you aren't aware of that kind of hurts his feelings....Men hold it in!

He will probably also admit some things he does to you that hurts you that he should do better....

Whatever you do make this conversation about him and his feelings. The two of you should have a date night...where you can reconnect, talk, laugh, enjoy each other's company! You also need alone time.....you need time to think....you should both have down time....remember absence makes the heart grow fonder!! LOL By no means does this mean he can go to the bar or out clubbing or to a strip bar...LOL....it just means ...if he wants to have a poker night with the guys and have a few beers....you should give him the house and go have a girls night out....dinner and a movie...or shopping for some smaller clothes cause you are losing weight....or exercise!

Every injured relationship needs a hero! When we start dating someone its new and exciting....we don't argue or fight cause we don't want to scare the person off...LOL...so we accept a little more...then when we are comfortable the real us comes out....someone starts the first fight and then its on from there....if someone doesn't become the hero real quick things can go bad real soon....the hero needs to just decide that even though they aren't the cause of ALL problems in the relationship....they do have ownership of some of the problems...but that they can help be a solution to all the problems if they just have some compassion and listen to what their partner is trying to tell them!

Good luck hope this helps!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 08-02-2008 at 11:08 PM.
Closed Thread