Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #241  
pretty.nerd.girl.

S/C/G: 9999999

Checking in...

First, my best friend helped me take measurements yesterday. Here are my measurements as of July 7, 2008. I will take my measurements monthly to compare loss.

Neck: 15
Shoulders: 43
Chest 39.5
Biceps: 12R/12L
Waist: 33
Forearm: 9.5R/10L
Hips: 43
Thighs: 39 (22.5R/23.5L)
Calves: 16R/16L

Onto my workout, I'm so proud of myself. I wasn't able to get to the gym yesterday, plus my lackluster performance during the first week of the July Fitness challenge in 20-Somethings made me want to really get it together. Food was not good at all yesterday, but much better today.

I walked from 8:26pm until 9:51pm... That's 1 hour, 25 minutes.... or 85 minutes!!! I did a mix of power walking, walking, and jogging on a track and then on the street. Yay! It felt so good to walk, listen to my ipod, and have time with my thoughts. My goal is to now incorporate more walking into my routine. It's really fun and relaxing. I'll be back, ladies!

Last edited by Tamara; 07-09-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #242  
Babygal

S/C/G: 238/225/135

Height: 5'3

Oh my goodness so many postings yet I can't respond to all that I would like due to time constrants.
Kenziemomma: U R Good!!!, Thanks for all your help and you were on point with the suggestions in regards to the depression.

It is no secret that I suffer from depression and have for years. Mine got so bad that I am now on two different kinds of meds. And if either one of them dare act like they are not going to work - I am

My doctor was not sure what to give me in the beginning. Because of my profession I was aware of several different kinds and what worked best for different situations so I end up telling him what to put me on but he decided the dose. I am grateful to this day that he is an extremely knowledgable doctor that is also humble and willing to listen to his client.

Katenicole: I feel for you dear. And I pray that the ugly bug of depression will leave you as fast as it came upon you. If you are able to get up, if you have any engery please listen to Kenziemomma and do something that will get you heart rate up, cause you to sweat. Talk to a friend, pastor, or counselor. We must take care of our mental health just as we do our physical being.

Pinup: I sware I was gonna cut that grass. I failed to mention that he left a patch for me to cut. I haven't done it yet Why he do that Men, he should have cut the whole darn thing, shoot.

You know what ladies: It is time for me to confess------I hate sweating. I guess that is why I am doing so poorly when it comes to excerise.

Chelby: I hope you are around when I get to the Lard phase. I could use your encouragement. I WILL GET THERE!!! Yes I WILL

Eny: Please don't get in a funk. I need you. without you
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Kate I understand completely! I actually went yesterday for a med check, as I was put on celexa 2 weeks ago! I'm thinking that this might be part of the funk too... not as bad as my bad days before, but definately a complete lack of motivation!

I'm doing better today, but still not completely out of it. I'm retaining a TON of water, so I know that might be part of it too... TOM is coming! I'm still really tired too!! Who knows what's going on! But don't worry baby - I'm still here!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:58 AM   #244  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! I feel like I haven't been on here forever but it's only been a day. I forgot to log on last night to recap my day & it's thrown me way off now! Not in my eating or excerise but in my daily routine. Yesterday was a perfect day if I do say so myself. I ate totally within my points, I did yoga (for the first time), piltates, and a 2 mile walk & tone. I felt great. I did have a 2 1/2 hr phone conversation with my mother in law last night which is what caused me to forget to log on before going to bed. I noticed that after spending all that time talking about family issues I was hungry when I got off the phone. But I didn't let that lead me to the kitchen, I just drank some water & went to bed. It turns out now that this rare neurological disease that my father in law has could lead to dementia. Recently there's been situations that have worried my mother in law - for instance the other day he answered the phone & was talking to someone for a few minutes and then gave the phone to her, when she asked who it was he said "Your mother" but her mother just passed away this February. So needless to say, she's scared which in turn scares everyone else in the family. I personally don't deal with depression & anxiety for myself but with my husband. And now that he's going through the ups and downs (mostly downs) with his father's health he's been pretty upset. He's on 3 medications to calm him & let him sleep. When he gets like that is when I eat & don't take care of myself because of the stress it puts on me. Those commericals that say that depression affects everyone are right. I don't get sleep, I am unhappy, and then I'm not healthy. Unfortunately it's taken me 80 lbs to see this and to put my foot down and say I need to take care of me. Doing those walks with Leslie really helps me feel better. Even though it's kind of cheesy - the way she gives a pep talk during each walk saying how excerise helps take away depression really gives me an extra push. I don't want to be depressed and I think if I don't do something about it on my own I will one day be on medication like my husband. I see how dependent he is on it & I personally don't want that to be me. If we both were depressed where would that lead us? I know it's a medical condition that people need to treat but I just feel if he did something to naturally make himself feel better that it would be healthier for him. But like I said, I am trying to do something about it now as opposed to later. Sorry to vent... but you all have been great listeners and I'm so thankful for that!
I wish for you all the best day ever!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Eny - I'm usually exausted and drained and just feel pooped just before and during TOM!! Hang in there! Remember TOM burns extra calories alone!!

Nessa - I'm so sorry! I couldn't imagine what your mother-in-law and husband are going through. No wonder you are soooo stressed out. I love my husband so much! I couldn't imagine what it would be like to spend many happy years together, raise a family, and live a life and then at the latter part of it when you are supposed to get to retire and enjoy life have to deal with something like that....and the saddness of him forgetting all the memories and etc! You and your family are in my prayers!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #246  
pretty.nerd.girl.

Another great walk! I walked for 59 minutes today... from my house to the track, then 21 minutes on the track, plus 100 crunches! Wooo... I feel great. Just had a light breakfast, and I'm going to bum around until I begin cleaning. Tonight, I'll go back to the track, and update with my daily info! Keep on pushing ladies!!!!

Last edited by Tamara; 07-09-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:08 PM   #247  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all of the support from everyone!
I'm a little bit better today, but still not myself.
I can't seem to make myself workout, but somehow I made myself clean the living room. I'm worried about losing my weight this week, doesn't seem like it's happening. I'm in a mini-slump. Hopefully my meds being doubled will help.
I just feel so alone even though I'm not. Sorry to be such a downer!
I must say, I think I'm going to cheat tonight with a couple Oreos! haha, been kinda craving them.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #248  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

First let me say--katenicole, mckenziesmomma, and nessa--please do not apologize for long posts, or venting or rambling, etc. Thats what we are here for...support!

I'm in a funk, as Eny would say, myself. I don't want to do a damn thing! I will make my bookie get on that treadmill and do my 10K training and do my pushups before the night is up. I get so freaking bored on the treadmill. I need an ipod. I will be buying one for myself for my b-day which is in a couple of weeks but I don't know if I can wait that long besides I will be downloading like crazy which will take some time.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #249  

It's crazy how we all seem to go on the same cycle! When we're up - we ALL seem up.. when we're down.. we ALL are down! UGH! GIRLS WE NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS SLUMP!

I need to get my pushups done - and wake Joe up for our walk... or at least change my cloths and DD and I can go. I didn't workout yesterday do to this funk - and I'm not going to let it get me 2 days in a row!!!

I had cheat day today - since yesterday was supposed to be, but I had no desire to eat. Today though I was craving salt and sweets and EVERYTHING! So I decided since i was under 1500 yesterday then today I'd go between 1500 & 1800 cals.. so I've ended my day at 1713. And I have fulfilled my cravings!

Ok - I'm getting out of this funk - strapping on my walking shoes and getting outside!!! I have a long week ahead of me - a HUGE project on my plate over and above my normal day-to-day stuff - and Hunter will be gone... It's going to be CRAZY so I need to keep in routine!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #250  
pretty.nerd.girl.

In addition to the exercise mentioned in my earlier post, I jumprope for about 10 minutes and did 15 minutes of Gilad's Body sculpt along with the fittv program. Let's get this weight off!

Last edited by Tamara; 07-09-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:31 PM   #251  
Babygal

Tamara: You are jamming girl

Keep up the good work and you are going to get good results.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #252  
Babygal

Ladies I got dramma
DBF bought pizza yesterday, and today for dinner, then told me he wants me to fry fish on friday and Buffalo wings Saturday.
I think he is purposefully trying to defeat my weight loss. Dag, I haven't even made it to ten pounds yet. You can't even see the weight loss yet. I told him how I felt about his request and how it defeats my efforts and he just smiled and walked away.
I must do something quick. I am out of town until Friday evening but when I return something has got to change. I am not going to go backwards.
I am ticked
Old 07-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #253  

baby boys are SO dumb sometimes! What I would do is stock up on salad stuff and eat that first BEFORE you eat any of his fixin's that way you'll have a MUCH smaller portion. I'd say just don't eat it.. but if you're like me that's NEVER going to happen!

I did my pushups and then DD and I went for a 2.1 mile walk. I feel SO much better! Maybe the whole "exercise the blues away" does work... hmmm...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:42 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygal View Post
Ladies I got dramma
DBF bought pizza yesterday, and today for dinner, then told me he wants me to fry fish on friday and Buffalo wings Saturday.
I think he is purposefully trying to defeat my weight loss. Dag, I haven't even made it to ten pounds yet. You can't even see the weight loss yet. I told him how I felt about his request and how it defeats my efforts and he just smiled and walked away.
I must do something quick. I am out of town until Friday evening but when I return something has got to change. I am not going to go backwards.
I am ticked
OMG...that would sooo make me mad!!! My husband would never ever be anything but supportive. How can he say he really loves you and he can't sympathize with something you want and can't be supportive....He is specifically trying to sabatoge you for sure...is he overweight too??? Maybe he is afraid you will lose weight and leave him??? I have heard of guys being like that. Does he live with you?

You need to set him straight! You need to tell him that part of being in an adult relationship is you support the person you love when something is important to them!!! I just can't believe that!! OMG....where do you live...I just want to come over there and ask him...what the crap....do you want her to die a painful death...do you want her to die early....have a heart attack, stroke, or something else....OMG!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! I just don't believe that!!! Oh no....If I were you he would have to go!!! How long have you been with him??????

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 07-09-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:41 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 228/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

wow... what a day... I feel like i accomplished absolutely nothing... I was OP and great until i got caught running some errands and then on the phone with a friend who's halfway across the country from me... threw some pasta (white pasta, totally not in my current plan...) in the microwave and ate it while talking to her because i was STARVING.... ugh... got off the phone and it was ridiculously hot here. what do i do? sleep. no w/o, no cleaning the house... i slept...

well, with the exception of the w/o i got laughing at this... we have a new kitten who is the definition of the curious cat. he is completely fascinated by the two aquatic turtles that live in two tanks in the living room. one tank is not covered, but so far we have been careful, keeping an eye on the kitten and the tanks. tonight, the kitten climbed up on a desk that's near the tanks and was peering into the lower, uncovered tank... i was just about to call to my roommate to ask her if i should chase him off when *splash* he jumped straight into the tank! Well, he must have rebounded the second he hit the water, because i hadn't anymore than stood up to get him and he was out of the tank and flying around the living room soaking wet! Hasn't been within about 3 feet of it since then, lol.

now i'm sitting here drinking my protein shake and looking for the next cardio w/o on fit tv... here's to a more productive thursday!
Closed Thread