Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, Cass, come join our merry little group. I need all the help I can get! There are so many places to start and quite a few free online places that help with planning too. There are about too many to choose from. and Hi to you too lalique!

I have been busy running amok getting Emily off to camp, so this is my 1st chance to catch up this weekend. Actually it's double duty, since I need to also get everyone packed up to leave for Chicago Wednesday evening. Now I just need to get me ready. I'm on call Monday evening, and that should mess things up royally.

everyone have a good weekend? Hope it was.

I have a doctors appt tomorrow morning, so that will be my weigh in. I don't think it will be a good one.

Melissa, I got to thinking about what you said and went to crunch some numbers. On the metabolic tester that the dietician has, my maintenance is 2000 cal. 1500 calories makes me starve, and usually doesn't get me enough of my carbs for my diabetic diet, so I try to stay around 1700 cal. I have been doing the 50 mile walking challenge, and average about 2 miles a day, plus 1 hour dance class a week. And I tend to do the "gain 2lbs, lose 3lbs, gain 4, lose 1 or 2" so that is why I am lucky if I can lose 3 lbs a month instead of a week. I would so love to do that! If the scale is right, I am probably at the gain end this week since I lost last week. I hope the dietician has some new ideas next week, because I am about to get frustrated again. I'm not doing a very good juggling act, but I'm not sure what is unbalanced.

Talk to you in the morning all.

Kathy

Last edited by TappingPeony; 07-13-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #362  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!!!!

Hi everyone! Wonderful ladies, I am doing well. Job change for me, so last 10 days have been emotionally exhausting. I am not giving up on the Christmas challenge - No way! Friday was a perfect example of my Commitment to Christmas! I had a work meeting from 9:00 - 10:00, worked out from 10:10 - 11:00, ran home showered and dressed for an interview at 12:00, at the doctors office at 1:30, back at work from 2:30 - 8:00. Whew!!! Iknew working out could have easily been "skipped" but my life is always going to be busy, so I better figure out a way to make it work.

I have lost 3 pounds, which is great, but I have been very sloppy journaling, and taking time to check in with you.

Thank you so much for caring. That really does mean so very much to me.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:28 AM   #363  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

Hello All - I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, I had too good of a weekend. Today was my weigh day and I gained 1/2a pound! However, I am not too disappointed because this was our camping weekend and I ate like a cow the whole time! After a few to many adult beverages my will power went ka-put!

Anyway, I am not going to be sad! I am just going to be super motivated this week to make up lost ground!

Talk to you later...

-Amanda
Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 AM   #364  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Wow, 36, that's busy, busy. I was just tired reading it. I can't imagine living it.

I had a really neat experience yesterday. I've been looking for hiking boots, and will eventually invest in a higher end pair (like when I have some actual disposable income), but decided to hit the Timberland store here to see if I could find anything that would help me now. I hate using my running shoes for hiking, but it's the only shoes I can wear comfortably for long periods of time.

I feel so self-conscious most of the time when I'm talking about exercise, maybe that people look at me and think, "Who are you kidding, you don't exercise!"

I spent about a half hour with a guy yesterday, trying on shoes and telling him exactly what I was looking for. It turns out he hikes in Louisiana, and turned me onto an area that I'm looking forward to exploring when the weather is cooler and I have more free time. It was a really nice half hour. I wasn't self-conscious at all, and he seemed interested in the trail I usually hit.

It wasn't until I was out of the store that I realized I wasn't self-conscious, and I ended up walking in my usual walking place (flat) for about half an hour to work towards breaking in the boots.

I'm so very shy that this is a big deal for me, and it was strange, not being aware of my size but just talking about stuff that interested me and going in and getting exactly what I wanted. I could get used to that!

I'm down a little over a pound this week, and I'm moving toward that life I want, little bit by little bit.

My gym is closed on the weekends, and I actually found myself missing it, just a little.

Oh, what a change.

Edited so I can go back and track my progress through this thread: 1.2 lost this week, down to 312.0, 13 lbs to go for Christmas goal. Started at 326, I think.

Last edited by EarthShaker; 07-14-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Good morning girls!
36 - Great job fitting exercise into your busy life!

Earth - WAY TO GO on not being selfconsious! That is a HUGE step!

As for me - the weekend was a complete bust! Joe and I fought all Friday night and almost all of Saturday. It sucked! We're doing better now, and talked Saturday night about things and didn't go to bed until 6AM!!! Which screwed up the eating schedule and the sleep schedule. Hunter is gone until Thursday - and she's having a really hard time away from mommy. She's called everynight - which isn't like her at all. I think I'm going to drive out and see her tomorrow after I get out of work. I miss the heck out of her too!

I didn't get any exercise in this weekend, and it wasn't because I was too busy - I was L-A-Z-Y!!! I have to stop that! I HAVE to lose this weight for Christmas! I WANT TO WIN THE FAMILY CHALLENGE! The extra $150 would be AWESOME! I have to keep the goal in mind.. and When I hit my goal of "overwieght" at christmas I will DEFINATELY need new clothes! I have NO idea what size I'll be when I'm in the #160s - but I know it'll be smaller then the 16s I'm in now!!! I HAVE to hit it!!!

There is 23 weeks left until Christmas - and I have #25.2 to lose. That means I'm still aiming for a #1.1 - #1.2 loss EVERY WEEK! I can't Back slide! I CAN NOT EVER BE #190 AGAIN!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 08:52 AM   #366  

I did my wi this morning and I am 2 lbs closer to my Christmas goal. Now, I'll need to stick close to this thread for motivation to keep it up.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 308/194/162

Height: 5'9"

Wow, I've missed a lot last week. I haven't been around ... I was having a pity party for myself. lol I lost .8 last week which I should be happy about but I'm not. I'm not used to having these small losses and this last weigh in was actually a big one compared to the last few weeks. I am so not ready for a plateau! But, thats okay, I'm coming to terms with it now .... Not happy about it but I'll work with it.
I'll try to post later. I have to go to work!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #368  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi everyone~

36~Good to hear from you. You are one busy lady.

Bluu~It will be okay, your body is adjusting itself. You will start loosing again. Keep up the good work you will see the scale start to move down again. Right now you may be loosing inches instead of pounds. Take a quick check to see how your clothes are fitting.

Eny~did you weigh in today? I weighed in at 188.8. I didn't quite get my 1.2 pound loss, but I will takei!! I am a little bit futher from the 190's and a little bit closer to my Christmas weight. I hope to be a size 12, will settle for 14. I have a lot of 12's in the closet. Don't get down on yourself. Enjoy visiting with Hunter. Come on we are headed for he 170's.

Contrats to all the loosers this week Keep up the good work!! Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-14-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #369  

Eny~I just went back and checked my Christmas goal is 162. That is overweight for me too. We are close in our numbers. I started at 192. Not a big loss but it is a start!! A journey of many miles starts with one step! Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-14-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Pat - I did. I'm at #188.8 as well! I know that I will still flux into the #190s - my body just does that - but I'm getting further and further from them! Being "overweight" is like heaven to me... Once I get there I KNOW that I can accomplish anything! I've been obese for SO long! (my lowest "adult" weight is 160 when I was 16!)

I also have to hit #1.1 -#1.2 loss a week to hit my Christmas goal. I made my July goal a little more agressive so that it can off sett some of the lull I'm sure to hit. I have #3.3 more to go by July 31..(#1.4/week) and that will put me 1/2 way to my ULTIMATE goal. (I started at #241) - that will be an incredible feeling!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone!!!

Well I am happy to report a 2 pound loss for the week. Despite the diet damage I did over the weekend. It was the local summer celebration weekend. Street dance Friday night, Parade and Street Dance Saturday. Then yesterday I took the kids to Apple River in Wisconsin to go tubing.

Friday I kep the drinking in control. I rode in the parade for work and threw candy and only ate 2 bit o honey candies. Saturday was a different story. I told myself I could have 3 Mike's hard lemonade's. Well I had the 3 I allowed myself, but then three more people bought me drinks. By that time I should have said enough..but ohhhhh nooooo. My sister in law's parents own the local bar. So I help with clean up and stuff after the street dance. Then after we get done cleaning up, we sit in the bar and talk and drink. I had 3 more during that time. I know I did a lot more moving than normal on Saturday, I don't think I did enough to cancle out 9 Mike's. I did not get home until 5:00 AM.

We were on the road by 7:30 AM Sunday morning. My son drove to Wisconsin, while I slept (if off) in the back seat. I packed a cooler and had sandwiches, watermelon, & carrots, I had a few chips, but not a huge amount. One the way home everyone wated ice cream. Ohhhhh how I love ice cream!!! So we stopped for ice cream...At Cold Stone Creamery. I am sorry but there are some things I just won't pass up. I don't even want to take a guess at how many calories were in that dish of ice cream. I ordered a small one, but could not finish it. But I did enjoy everybit of it.

Today is a new day. I do not feel I have "failed". In fact I know I could have did much more diet damage. This morning i was back to my healthy breakfast, and I packed my lunch for work.

The scale did not punish me, I wll not punish myself and sabotage all have done these past 6 months.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Thumbs down

KateB, I remember going to Apple River on vacation with my parents right out of nursing school and having bought my first camera. We camped in the Apple River Canyon, but I think we were on the Illinois side, because we were near Galena and President Grant's home. Very pretty!

As expected, I am not a happy camper. 4.5 lbs gained. About to have a If my labs come back alright, what is the problem?

Earth-great job. I'm glad you are proud of yourself. You're right, it's a big positive step.

Glad to see everybody this week.

Talk to you later, going to finish drowning my sorrows in my coffee.

Kathy
Old 07-15-2008, 05:59 AM   #373  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all
Kathy, hang in there. Enjoy your trip to see your son, maybe it's stress that's giving you the issues right now.

Earthshaker, wtg on the NSV!

KateB great job on the loss, especially in light of the celebration! I agree, Cold Stone Ice cream is a "worth it" treat!
Blue Mommy, great job on 2 more gone.

Bluuskies, a loss is a loss, even when it's less than you want! Celebrate that it's down, not up, if you can!

Dixie and Eny, cool that you are right there together, what a motivator!

OK, I have to go, today is my first day back to work since July 2.

I have to go get my exercise in, then get in the shower before car pool gets here at 7:30. I also plan to take a 2 mile walk at lunch and drink at least 6 bottles of water today!!

TTYL
Old 07-15-2008, 09:43 AM   #374  

mothermavis- i just noticed that we are 'challenge sisters'. my goal is to lose 40 by christmas. gl to ya hun, we can do this.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 AM   #375  

Hi Everyone. I am going blueberry picking this afternoon. I have not done this in a good 20 years. This will be fun, my niece, sister and I. In the winter we will have fresh picked and frozen berries to enjoy. I will let ya know how it went when we get back. Pat
Closed Thread