Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Amanda, have fun dancing. Are both kids boys?

I am only taking one for the summer session (3.5 hours 2x a week), but I will be taking 2 or 3 in September, depending on if I can fit them all in. I am trying to get 2 web supported classes and one in class, class.
YS is a Sr in HS, he is active in sports and his Ma has been at every single game, 4ever, for both kids and I won't start missing now. I also have a FT job (I'm on vacation right now) so as much as I am trying to get it all done, it has to work around my life!!
Old 07-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I got in 2 hours of exercise and my push ups. I am a pooped puppy. I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Mother Mavis~I finally found the Turbo Jam dvds. Can any one clue me in about Ballet Booty Camp dvds. Does any one here have this set of dvds? Thanks Pat
Old 07-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #333  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Mother Mavis - Dancing was great! We had lots of laughs!!!

My two kids are both boys. The oldest is 6 years and the youngest is almost 3 months. Then if you add in the husband and our 2 male dogs (golden retriever yellow lab mixes), we have enough testosterone around here to last a lifetime!!! But I wouldn't change a thing!

As for school, I am really amazed by you now! It sounds like you have a great plan. I wish you all the luck I can!

Pat - WTG on 2+ hours exercising! You are an inspiration! I am doing good to get in 30 minutes! I guess it is time to raise the bar...

Everyone else - have a great day!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm starting w/ day one today again. I splurged last night around 10:30 and had a Jimmy John's sand which, which put me over my cals by 462... it could've been MUCH worse! I'm just moving forward.

Hunter leaves for Grandma's tonight, and then Camp on Sunday - I'm going to Miss HER! But I'm going to use the week to get caught up at work, and to push the exercise with out so many distractions. I'm going to push to lose #2 in the week that she's gone. I NEVER want to see the #190's again (right now i'm so close that I know I'll flux back into them) I need to get the scale moving down - so that I can see the #170's! THAT WOULD ROCK! - Right Dixie??? I'm almost 1/2 way to my goal - which is a cool thought as well.

So today - eating clean - drinking my water (which I've been slacking on) - limiting the diet coke - and working out!

Time to get some work done! & for everyone!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM   #335  

Eny, Good job on moving forward, 2 pounds while she is at camp would rock, you go girl!

Pat, I know nothing of the Ballet Booty dvd's, let us know what you think if you find them. I second Amanda, great job with all the exercise.

Amanda, thanks. It is a lot of work, but like you, I wouldn't have it any other way. My "boys" are 17 & 20 and 45, so I know where you are coming from!

Where is every one?

36, Kate, Kathy, Bluu, Haley come out and play. If you are off plan, it's ok, come get some support, we've all been there, that's why we are here!!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~I am with you 189.4 is so close to 190. I was thinking about this last night. I don't ever EVER want to see 190 again. 170 something would be a lot safer. You had a JJ sandwich, I had pizza. Like you said it could have been a whole lot worse!! I was chicken, I did not sneak a peek at the scale this morning. Moving on for this day. I have my 64 ounce jug of water cooling in the fridge. I have to better plan my meals. I have an idea for meal plans in my head, but need to put it in writing. Take something out the freezer for dinner. Oatmeal with yogurt and blueberries for breakfast. Turkey sandwich on whole wheat with carrots lettuce and tomatoes for lunch. Dinner working on it. I will get my stepping in at 1 pm. Wall push ups 3ish. Dinner at 6ish. That is the out line in my head.

Mother Mavis~I am so proud of you going back to "school". You are an inspiration to the rest of this group. You are one organized lady to be able to juggle a schedule like this. WTG!!!! Next thing you will be telling us you made he deans list. I know that you will succeed.

36~How are you doing. Please post so we know you are ok.

Kate, Kathy, Bluu, Haley, jump on in let us know whats new with you all.

Where is Bitsy?? Is she on vacy?

I will catch ya all later. Pat
Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #337  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

im here....just been so busy with homework/going to the beach with my daughter....i have been OP....its hard to keep up with this group lol everytime i log on theres about 50 new posts and by the time i read them i dont have enough time to post anything myself lol i hope everyone is doing good!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

If its okay...I would like to join this challenge. I'm working on the labor day challenge....but that is just in like 8 weeks....so I'm going to need something for when that passes...

I figure there are about 24 weeks and I would like to lose 3 lbs a week...thats about 72 lbs but I'm only going to shoot for 69 lbs to account for some plateaus or for holiday splurges...

a 69 lb loss would put me at 180 lbs!!! That would be soooo awesome! I can't wait to see ONEderland....let alone the 180's

There are just too many posts in this thread to go back and read so...if there is anything I need to know or do for or about this challenge can someone bring me up to speed??? How often do you guys weigh in?

Thanks
Melissa

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 07-10-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #339  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Hey all, better late than never!

I could swear I posted last night to check in with the bunch, but I don't see it anywhere.Guess my CRS was working overtime yesterday!

I got called into work again today, so that's my excuse for not being here. Come out and play--it made me giggle! I am over whatever bug I had, and so now I have water retention. I can feel it in my shins. I think I will wait until Sunday or Monday to weigh in and see if I lose it first. And actually I have been good the last couple of days, so I don't think I have gained weight. I am just glad I feel better. I can do better on my walking now too.

I need to get going with washing clothes and packing up my daughter for camp next week. Guess I will be saying no if the hospital calls tomorrow morning.

See you all in the morning.
Kathy
Old 07-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #340  

Location: In the great state of Iowa long the Mississippi River

S/C/G: 285.0/285/180.0

Height: 5'10

Hello every one!!!! It sounds like everyone is doing well.... Isabel.. thanks I love your name also. This week has been ok. I have had no real time to exercise. I am limited in what I can do outside of walk and you cannot imagine how hard it is to try to get a walk in when you are dragging with you a stroller, a 3 yr old, a 5yr old, & a 9 year old. I need to go to the ymca however Isabel is too little to leave in their child care room. I have been forced to wait for my husband to come home and then I do not always get aalk in. I will try harder today....I hope every one is doing great!!!

blessings,
Lori
Old 07-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #341  

Melissa, There is really nothing specific you need to know, we are just working towards Christmas as our long term goal. Trying not to beat ourselves up when we have a bad week as we are in it for the long haul. Everyone has adifferent weigh in day, but there are several Friday'ers.

I just got on the scale for the 5# challenge that you started but my official day is Monday, that keeps me OP for the weekend I hope.

Haley, I am not sure if I sensed a little bit of "overwhelmed" in your post, but don't feel that you have to do personals for all, sometimes you may not even have time to read them all. It's all good. Do what works for you chick, this is to lessen our stresses, not add to them.

Momma Possum, I picture you trying to exercise, like a Momma Possum , with the 3 older kids hanging from your arms and legs and the baby in a sling across you. It makes me smile. Keep on keeping on.
You know from experience, it gets easier and there is always September. Do the older 2 go to school?

Kathy, glad to hear you are doing better. We will weigh in on Monday together!! I also suffer from CRS frequently. It came with the 40's for me.

Last edited by mothermavis; 07-11-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #342  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

McKenziesmomma - I'm glad you joined this one too! Although - just so you know, I'm notorious for starting threads for holidays, and after the Labor day challenge I'll be starting a Halloween one. which is 8 weeks after Labor day. And then probably a Thanksgiving one - to keep us working towards our end of year goals

I weigh in every 2 days, but my 3FC official day (and my family Christmas challenge) is on Mondays. #3 a week would be INCREDIBLE! Keep on working it girl!!!

Lori - I like MM pictured kids hanging from you Definately a funny visual! Keep working at it. Have you thought about a obstacle coruse thorugh the house or back yard? they're pretty easy to set up with household items - and can be GREAT workout (and fun) for you and the kids! Just a thought.

Kathy - I'm glad you're feeling better. And I'm glad you poked your head in!

Dixie - We just need to work together! I didn't weigh yesterday (I only do every 2 days) and this morning I was #190.0... I know it's just the natural flux - but #185 would be SO much better! (But not as good as #130's going to be!)

I made it through my new day 1 - and here's to moving onto day 2! I broke down and bought an MP3 player for myself yesterday. I got a 2GB one for $39 at walmart - i couldn't pass it up! It made the 3.6 mile walk SO much better yesterday! I'm trying to work on my speed so that I can do the 5K in less then 50 mins... Music helps the pace - now I just have to get music that I like on it, instead of Joe's music!

Here;s to another ON PLAN day! &
Old 07-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #343  

This is just what I've been searching for. I plan to be 40 lbs lighter by then so I need to step it up a bit.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #344  

Yayyyy....glad to hear about the halloween and thanksgiving threads to come!!! I'll be watching!!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #345  

Yayyyy....glad to hear about the halloween and thanksgiving threads to come!!! I'll be watching!!

Closed Thread