Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 AM   #451  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Dixie - I'm not sure where you're calculating your BMI, but by my calculations you're at 30.3 for being #188 and 5'6". You're just moments awy from being "overweight" which is my Christmas goal! Also what questions do you have for quilting? i'm not an expert by any means, but I can pretty easily ask a few if I don't know the answer.

Earth - Chin up girl! It's ok to have Blah days... I have them often. You don't have to be gunho about training... just start off and do at least 20 minutes. see how far that takes you. on days that you're not blah go more. you can and WILL do this!

TOM decided to finally show up (better late then PREGNANT! ) but he brought #2 of water weight with him! My goal during TOM is to accomplish some sort of lost by the time he's gone.. which is a challenge in itself! I can't let go of the goal in site - I just have to embrace the struggle!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~I have a scale that calculates BMI. I did a sneak peek this morning. My weight is 186.8. But the body fat was 47.7~by this scale it was almost 52 when I started at 198. I like your numbers tons better!! Is there a fitness site that I can go to to get the way to figure the BMI myself? If my scale is wrong I don't want to rely on the percentages!! I don't like thinking I am almost half fat.~~~I thought before I start on a full size quilt I would make a Christmas tree skirt. I found some beautiful Christmas fabric assortment cut into 4 inch squares. Now all I need is a pattern with pictures. I found patterns on a web search, none had pictures. Any ideas where I might find a pattern?

Earth Shaker~ you can and will do this Have a training schedule in mind. Build up slow and steady. Rome was not built in a day, but Nero nearly destroyed it in a night!. We all have down days it is okay. You will be fine.

MM~I am going to hold off on the out side walk/jog and continue to to it in the house. My right knee started bothering me last night. I have 2 walk jog workouts. I will start on them today. I want to test this knee a little bit more before I hit the pavement. I take arthritis medication. I may have to take an oc pain reliever too. That is okay with me. For every pound of body weight I loose it take 4 pounds of pressure off my knees. That is what I want and need to do. One justifies the other in my mind. I will be out there doing the c25k in a week or so. I am asking ex for my treadmill so I have back up when the weather is bad. Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 07-24-2008 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:40 AM   #453  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ahh - that's what it is. body fat calculations are different then BMI. I'll look and find some quilted tree skirt pictures for you.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #454  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies,

It's not to late to join, is it? I love challenges, and have been away from the boards for a while...

I have another challenge that is pounds related, so I's like to do something different here...

I would like to wear a size 14 by then... currently, I wear a 20. I think in 5 months, with a lot of hard work, it would be possible.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #455  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

DixieMae,

Self has a BMI calculator at shape.com/fitness_tools/bmi/

Sorry about not posting the link... I don't have 25 posts yet.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #456  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Welcome, dcapulet! Best of luck with your goals!

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your support yesterday. My downness started with the numbers and just kind of snowballed into everything I've ever done wrong. (Ha). Still a bit down. It's my last day at a job I really enjoy, at least for a while.

I got the all-clear from the doctor, though, and signed up for the meeting. I decided to go with an earlier meeting although I'll have to drive a good bit further because I don't think I could wait 6 extra days.

I'm going to start a thread, I think, when I have more time to track my training.
But I think I'll wait to when my camera's charged (charging now). I have a picture from a little less than 3 months ago, but there's a 25 lb difference. I hate the camera, but am hoping I'll be a little inspired when I see the pictures back to back.

Thinking that I just might be able to walk a half marathon in five months got me through my gym work out this morning. I'll be back this evening to work the treadmill.

Thanks again, folks. This is why I love this place. :heart:
Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM   #457  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

Hi All!

Well I went to a Birthday party for a friend last night and did pretty good. At least I didn't completely blow it! I also got my walking in! YEAH!

Pretty Paula - Congrats on the loss!

Bluemommy - I hope your little one gets to feeling better. I have to take mine to get his 4 month shots in a few weeks. That is never fun!

Pat - I hope your team won the baseball game!

Earthshaker - Keep on Truckin! Don't lose site of the goal! Your motivation was contagious; I am looking forward to hearing more about your endeavors!

MM - Close that window and keep OP! TOM and all the friends that come with it suck, but sabotage is worse! If you can handle everything you've got going, you can do anything!

To everyone else - have a great day!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #458  

Slimmin~Thank you for the site. I found it, I used it I am happy!!

Eny~Your calculations are correct! Thanks to Slimmin I calculated my BMI. It did say 30 I need to loose 31 pounds to be in the right range for my height. I don't know where the scale gets 47 but I will ignore it from now on. Thinking I was 47% fat was not okay with me. Even though I did see it come down from 52~~Thank you for looking for a Christmas skirt that also has a picture with the directions. I greatly appreciate it!

I am going to ask Ex for my treadmill as part of the package of dog sitting. That way I have a back up when the weather is bad. Pat
Old 07-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #459  

Hi All I did a 33 min walk jog dvd. We walk 3 min Jog 3 min all through the dvd. I surprised myself I did pretty darned good. I missed a few steps here and there but not many. She got our arms involved also. For one that cant walk and chew gum I did pretty good. Though I chose not to do some of the arms. I am pooped. One of those days (daze) I woke up tired, have stayed tired all day. I did 25 upper ab and 25 lower ab crunches. My mid section is achey, not sore. I accomplished what I wanted to do. I know me, if they are sore I will back off. I can't back off the black dress beckons me on.

Akhrob~My Cubs did win. I am going to watch them again tonight. Do some stepping and some arm weight trainning. I have to start gently and work up to more reps and sets.

Hope everyone is having a good evening. Pat
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 PM   #460  

ackrob- thanks]

sorry i didn't read all of the post b/c i'm holding my baby whos sleep. i did my watp today + the stretches afterwards. i hope everyones had a good day. my scale showed a 3 lb gain which is probably right. i ate so much birthday cake this week but now its time to get back on the right path!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 256.6/242.8/160

Height: 5'9

hey guys! Sorry I don't check in here too often. Sometimes the size of this thread makes me go I'm down a little on my weight. 255.2 from 256.6 and I have been binge free for 3 days so all is going well!

I'm finding a little but more time for exercise than I thought I would originally between the two jobs.

keep up the good work everyone!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #462  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Look at everything going on here!

First, welcome to our new friend Dcapulet! We are glad you are here.

Pat you are doing great with the exercise! Black dress, here she comes! I hear ya on the knees, mine protested tonight ( I run between work and class) I had to wog a bit instead of all jogging. I am on my way to do crunches now.

I think maybe I am out of the doldrums, I had a test in my class Monday, was really concerned but I got a 95!! I went to the store on my way home, bought some groceries I can eat and feel good about and maybe I can crawl back on the wagon...

Slimmin, I went and used the site too. That's cooll

Earthshaker, let us know if you start a thread for the half marathon, I actually have signed up for one in September, I am going to run as much as possible and walk the rest. I also participate in a 500 miles by Christmas on the exercise thread, might give you somewhere to start keeping track of your miles.

Bluemommy, I envy you the sleeping baby, my baby is almost 18...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #463  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Friday is my WI day and I'm down .6 lbs. I'm still holding on to Onderland and never want to leave it again.

I put on clean jeans this morning (friday is jeans day) and found that I'm going to have to buy smaller jeans... darn!! These have been looking sloppy for a while. I love going down a size... then it really shows the weight I have lost.

I can't wait until I get my signature!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #464  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

WTG - Slimmin!!! I agree with you - I am never going back to where I have been!!!

MM - Congrats on the test!

Well, I gotta get to work - talk to you all later...
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #465  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

wow, there sure is a lot going on in this thread!

thanks to all for the nice welcome.

congrats to everyone who's down some pounds this week. my weigh in is tomorrow.

even more congrats to the ladies sticking with it when the results can be discouraging. you can do it!

I walked 1.5 miles today, for the 4th time this week. Tomorrow, I'm going to make it 5 times in one week: for the first time in YEARS. I think I will be a regular exerciser, at this rate.
Closed Thread