Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

mothermavis... thanx for asking still waiting on an appt for an ultra sound or x-ray on my galbladder and then my dr will decide if it comes out or not.

I'm down though, struggling with the dieting and stuff.I'm losing weight and inches still, just .2 or .6 at a time now but its depressing and I'm not eating too good at all times. Since June 11th I started at 184lbs and down to 176.6 now and 9" down, but I'm struggling. Hard not to eat bad exspecially when summer is here and we like going on picnics with take out after a long day of work.

Congrats to all the "losers" way to go!!!!!!! proud of yas

Isabel
Old 06-25-2008, 09:38 PM   #227  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~Today was not a good day. I cried most of the day. I got official papers from my lawyer saying the divorce is final, done, ended. I have been an emotional mess all day. I have done no exercise, eating has been okay, not great, but certainly not bad. I seriously doubt I will lose weight this week. I need to get a hold on my emotions, stress, and depression so I can get on with my life. Life DOES NOT end where divorce begins. I need a major dose of courage and determination. I will be okay in a few days. Thanks for listening. Pat
Old 06-25-2008, 09:49 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Pat, We are here for you.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

PatDon't beat yourself up too much. You still need to grieve-that is a major loss in your life in spite of it all. And the papers are a shock, even when you know it's coming. So take care of yourself for a couple of days, and ease back into it. We're here for you.

Isabelthe waiting is awful, isn't it? Only seems to make matters worse.

Losing weight is such a struggle, no matter what. I get along fine for awhile then WHAM--something knocks me off track, and makes a big mess, and I give up. So far, I am having a good week, but I think it is all of you keeping me on track. Guess I feel like I have plenty of ears and shoulders I can count on this time.

Enygirl, you still doing good today?

We'll see how much the pasta tonight threw me off, but since my blood sugar was good this evening, I am more concerned about that I guess.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Working tomorrow, so I will check in later again tomorrow.

Kathy
Old 06-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #230  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Dixie- I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!! My divorce was finalized on Monday. And although I wanted it SO badly - it still brought back all of the feelings of failure, doubt and not being good enough I wish you and I could sit down have a cup of tea and just cry it out! All I have to say is that it will get better. I know that Monday i was a wreck, but I just stuck to my guns and thought about how different my life is now, and how much better it is. I've learned so much about myself since we separated, and I found myself again. Remember - we're here!

Tapp- I am still doing good. BF went for a walk with me last night (for the first time EVER!) It was GREAT! we did about 2.5 miles, and we went slower then I usually do - but it was So worth the time together. Eating's on plan for 7 days now, and exercise for 3. Still going strong!
Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~Enygirl, I really wish we could sit down over a cup of tea to talk and cry it all out. I believe we would feel better. I feel like I just flushed 35 years of my life down the toilet. I went to court on the 16th we got divorced. But the assets have not been divided yet. It seems like a nightmare or dream that just won't end. I can't wake up from it, I can't get away from it, it follows me everywhere I go. Maybe after the assets are divided I will fill like I have some closure. I hope so, this grieving is awful. I was already grieving over loosing my Mom, then my black lab, now my marriage is dead too. I know there has to be life after divorce, I have a journey to find out who I am again. It is a road of recovery and discovery. Thank you for your understanding and kind words. I wish you all the best of things that life has to offer.

Mother Mavis~Thank you too. This is a wonderful group of people that are not afraid to reach out to each other. THANK YOU ALL Pat

Last edited by Dixiemae; 06-26-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 10:07 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

Were here for you I haven't been through a divorce, but my parents were when I was real young. I couldn't imagine what your going through, but I'll still be there any time.

Isabel
Old 06-26-2008, 11:22 PM   #233  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Smile

Evening all! What's going on this evening?

Went on a hunt in the avatars and found one that is part of my life. We own condos on the Caribbean side of Cancun that we rent out, and the picture reminded me of our place on the beach. Was there actually in April, checking up on the "spring break damage". Not as bad as last year, although one condo was out of comission to re-do the bathroom. What gets left, broken, or stolen is always interesting!

I have been working on my signature, and where it is, I haven't a clue. Anybody else seen it? Send it my way if you do. Thanks.

Here's hoping that tomorrow brings good numbers for all of us. I am eager to get off this plateau, if you can even call it that. More like I am sitting in a puddle of crazy glue.

See you in the morningKeeping 'em crossed for all of you.

Kathy

ps: dang! it just popped up out of nowhere. tomorrow i'll have to figure out how to edit it!

Last edited by TappingPeony; 06-26-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 AM   #234  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

It's been a crazy couple of days, but an okay kinda crazy and I've been doing really well staying within my WW points AND not using my points for only junk I shouldn't necessarily be putting into my body to begin with! A little junk, yes ... but nearly as much as I'm capable of!

I have the next two nights off (Friday & Saturday) and am hoping that I can find some good recipes I can make with the stuff I have on hand with my crockpot so I can stockpile some decent meals. Because next week is a holiday week I'll have Thursday, Friday & Saturday off next week! I'm a little worried because normally the more time I have at home the more I slack off on doing what I should .... which is a big reason I'm hoping to have some stuff already stashed.

Ah well, time to go finish watching this week's episode of America's Best Dance Crew online (my friend Jon is in SuperCr3w and they're rocking the competition so far!) and then get working on that recipe hunt!!!

Hope everyone who weighsin in the morning has great success ... and that the rest of us don't go overboard before we weighin!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:23 AM   #235  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Everyone~Enygirl, I really wish we could sit down over a cup of tea to talk and cry it all out. I believe we would feel better. I feel like I just flushed 35 years of my life down the toilet. I went to court on the 16th we got divorced. But the assets have not been divided yet. It seems like a nightmare or dream that just won't end. I can't wake up from it, I can't get away from it, it follows me everywhere I go. Maybe after the assets are divided I will fill like I have some closure. I hope so, this grieving is awful. I was already grieving over loosing my Mom, then my black lab, now my marriage is dead too. I know there has to be life after divorce, I have a journey to find out who I am again. It is a road of recovery and discovery. Thank you for your understanding and kind words. I wish you all the best of things that life has to offer.

Mother Mavis~Thank you too. This is a wonderful group of people that are not afraid to reach out to each other. THANK YOU ALL Pat
I am so sorry to hear of your pain. I have been through a divorce, and it is a loss and you do have the right to grieve. I'm still discovering and recovering, and I can't be more grateful for the opportunity (as bad as that word is). I'd have never have known myself as well as I do if I never had gone through that.

Hang in there seems so inappropriate, but I empathize. It will get better.

*Hug*
Old 06-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #236  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

<<<<<hugs Dixiemae>>>>>>>

I'm so sorry you are going through such a rough time.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #237  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Oh boy, have I been busy the last week or so. I'm currently working two part time jobs because I can't find a full time one right now, and I picked up extra hours as a tutor. Not great money, but it's fun, and it keeps me on the campus so I still feel somewhat "studently."

I've discovered a hiking trail less than an hour from my house. I've gone twice so far, once with my father for about two hours (I was rather impressed with myself, really), and once by myself for about an hour of actual hiking time. It was hard to estimate since I lost my phone in the creek, but I was gone for almost three hours.

I broke my goal of 1000 minutes yesterday, a few days early, which is probably a good thing since it's raining here already. And the scale moved a notch. An aunt that hadn't seen me in a while said, "Oh, look, the weight's just melting off isn't it?"

I told her definitely not, but it was so nice to have it noticed.

That's my good stuff. I've decided the bad stuff is trivial and doesn't matter.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:09 AM   #238  

S/C/G: 308/194/162

Height: 5'9"

I'm new to the boards and was wondering if I can join this challenge? I'm hoping to be at goal by Christmas and need something to help push me a little harder. This challenge might just be what I need.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #239  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome bluuuskies, of course you can join us!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-27-2008 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

bluu - the more the merrier! It's a great group!

Earth - WTG on the compliment AND breaking goal early! That's awesome! Maybe for next month you could add 100-200 more minutes to keep challenging yourself.

Whoopsie - I'm watching you! Stay strong this weekend -= and we'll ROCK the scale come Monday morning!

I'm at home today - which always poses a challenge for me. Not eating wise - I'm over that hump - but right now it's SO beautiful outside it's HARD to sit in the office and work instead of going outside and playing w/ DD and such *sigh* Just have to suffer through it - or at least complete enough to fake it for work

Have a GREAT day girls!!!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 06-27-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Closed Thread