Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM   #346  

S/C/G: 245/245/200

Height: 5' 7"

Today is my oldest son's birthday. We are going to see him next week. He has semester orientation today and starts classes on Monday. How did he get to be 22? My mom used to say that to me all the time--how can you be XX because I am only 32? She finally had to change that line when she hit 65 "so I can get my social security check". Personally I am from the "it doesn't matter to me how old I am, just don't ask me how much I weigh" school of thought.

Lori, are there any tables with chairs near the exercise area? One of the girls that goes to the Fitness Center by me has been doing this--she has one child old enough for the nursery, and a newborn. She "borrowed" one of the neighborhood kids who is around the age of your oldest, who sits at the table with the baby where she can see them both while she exercises. The older one reads, or whatever she brings with her, if the baby naps and entertains the baby if it is awake. I don't know what the arrangement is but everybody looks happy. She doesn't have any other child to worry about, and the one in the nursery is busy, and mom gets some exercise. Maybe you and your oldest can work out a deal for exercise time. My daughter sometimes uses her hula hoop during commercials on TV--lays it on the floor and jumps in and out of it, kinda using it like a chinese jump rope. Maybe you and the older ones could do something together when the younger ones are napping to get some time in.

MM-I think that CRS often works like the old saying "Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids" It started when the boys were in High School, so yeah, right around 40.

Melissa-Go for it! I would die of shock if I got 3 lbs to come off in a month, let alone a week.

Check in later, have a good Friday.
Kathy
Old 07-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #347  
Amanda

S/C/G: 220/tracker/160 by Christmas

Height: 5'4"

Hi All! I hope everyone is doing well today! Our family and friends, about 30-40 of us, all go camping one weekend a month from April - October. So, I will be busy getting ready for our July trip for this weekend. Lot's of work to still to be done before 3 this afternoon. Anyway, I am going to try and stay on track this weekend, it is going to be tough! I weigh in on Monday so that will help motivate me to keep my mouth shut and pass up the fried potatoes at breakfast and have grapes instead! LOL! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

-Amanda
Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #348  

I like this idea of having a diet plan for 36 weeks - it gives me time to very slowly weine myself of my fave foods!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Tappingpeony - you could definately lose 3 lbs a week!!! You only have to get rid of 1,500 calories a day to do so! If I can do it so can you!!!

It takes around 2758 calories to maintain the weight your at now at a sedentary lifestyle. So if you only had 1,500 calories a day (which is alot) you have already burned 1,248 calories of the 1,500 so that only leaves 252 calories a day to burn with some movement...if you did 45 minutes of walking a day at 3mph's that would be a little over 300 calories burned for your weight....there you go ...you have hit over 1,500 calories...and can still eat whatever you want pretty much and only have to move 45 minutes out of a whole 24 hour day!!

I've lost 13 lbs in almost 3 weeks!!

Old 07-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
I am from the "it doesn't matter to me how old I am, just don't ask me how much I weigh" school of thought.
I hear ya there!!! Age is one number in my life that really doesn't matter to...weight is a whole 'nother story!!

I am staying on plan. I read the poste veryday...just don't always post. Scale is showing downward progress after the camping & 4th of July weekend splurges. Which is a huge ego booster for me!!! In the past I would ahve seen a gain and just given up. But I got back on plan and am feeling even more determined.

Exercise has been downa little bit. It is just so nice out I can't bring myself to go to the gym. However much of the time that I am not going to the gym I am in the pool at home running laps. Don't ask me to run on dry land...but in the water I could do a marathon!! maybe I should try the C25K program in the water!!

However everyday for work I have to go to the bank and post office. I now walk. I decided #1 I can used the extra exercise. #2 they don't pay me for my little trips like that so screw it I am not wasting my gas. It is 18 blocks round trip so it is a nice walk.

Sunday I am taking the kids (17 & 14) and their GF & BF to Apple River for a day of tubing and sunshine. I am packing a cooler and it will have lots of healthy stuff...if they are hungry enough they will eat it!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:37 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~Please let me know when you start your new threads. I want to join. They will keep me clean, op, and accountable. I have not snuck a peak at the scale just yet. I went to the library to get a Denise Austin book. I read about half of it and started scratching my head. I don't know what it is, but something about her gets to me. I might take her exercises and use them though. It would be a start.

Everyone have a healthy day. Pat
Old 07-12-2008, 12:01 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I will do that! i generally start them the day that the old one ends, and I'll post the link.

Joe and I got into it last night - it was an ugly one. he's still not talking to me. I'm going through a lot right now - and I'm not happy about it at all. I need some emotional support BIG TIME!

On a better note though - I did a "cheat" weigh in this morning and I'm down to #188.8 (#.8 down from Monday) I updated my tickers because I need something happy to look at and to keep me going.

I didn't do my pushups yesterday due to all the drama... but I will get them done today. Still no Tae Bo tapes I'm starting to get upset about that! grr!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:51 PM   #353  

Eny~I am so proud of you!! Don't feel bad. I told my sister last night that I'm sooo angry with my ex. My eating op has fallen off a bit because I don't know how to handle the anger. I do know food is not the answer to the problem. I will get back on the wagon starting right now as I type this. I have not done my push ups either. I need to start over any way. I still have my sights on a sexy, slinky black dress for Christmas. I will be blessed if I will let my ex get in the way of my dream again!! I do want to join in on your next challenges. I am re-motivated and ready to move on..Minor set back not a derailment. Thanks Pat
Old 07-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Good morning all, just got back from church.
Had a very busy weekend, wandered a little off plan, but all in all not too bad.

Need to get in gear today, still need to go out and run, have to do my homework for tomorrow night's class, need to clean, dust etc here and have to go back to work on Tuesday....

Eny, sorry about the drama at your house, that always makes it hard not to eat.
Self sabotage seems to be the trap I hit when I am stressed too.

Dixie, you betcha, stay on track to the little black dress, then if you do see him around, he can eat his heart out and what's not for him anymore. Don't let the ex keep you down.

Kate, love that you can walk to some of your work chores, good for you finding a way to fit it in.

OK, everybody have a great Sunday, we can do this!, still more than 23 weeks to go, that's 23-46 pounds if you average between 1 & 2 a week!!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 AM   #355  

Hi Everyone~I hope that everyone here is having a great weekend.

MotherMavis~Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. I did get back on track. I did 1 1/2 hour of stepping workout. I did 4 sets of 5 push ups. I started the push up challenge all over. I have already mapped out todays eating plan. I am going for a walk this afternoon. I sneaked a a peek at the scales this morning. Not good. I would kick my butt if I could reach it. Now I feel guilty for all the emotional eating, but I only lost the scrimmage. I have not lost the battle, I flatly refuse to loose the battle!! I will loose the weight. I have not hurt hurt my ex, I have hurt myself. Only a minor set back. Mother Mavis I will wear a sexy, slinky black dress for Christmas, not cheesy, just sexy. Okay, I will get off my soap box how. Thank you so much for letting me vent, thanks for listening

Eny~Are you ready for a re-dedicated mini challenge partner. Lets go girl! The 170's are calling our names. Shall we answer the call!

Pat
Old 07-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Pat - I'm in! Lets push to see those #170s QUICKLY! Unfortunately I can't go grocery shopping until Friday - so I'm having to make do with what's in the house... but I'll get there. My christmas goal is to be #163.6 - so the sooner I get to the #170s the better!

Joe and I are better - we talked a lot out yesterday... and didn't go to bed until 6 this morning - then of course the phone started ringing at 11:30. *sigh* oh well I can't slepp in to long, otherwise I'l NEVER make it to bed tonight in time for work tomorrow!!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 193/182/147

Height: 5'8

Hey Everyone...I'd love to join in if that's okay!! My goal is to be 147lbs and if I could get there by Christmas YEEEHAW! As of today there are 23 weeks and 4 days to Christmas. So I need to lose 1.75 pounds a week to make my goal. WOW. Ok, I'm totally in!

Thanks so much!
Old 07-13-2008, 06:58 PM   #358  

Cassangelidy~ Never to late to start on a healthy life style. Jump in the group is very supportive.

Mother Mavis~Can you please tell me what my Christmas goal is? I am sorry, I have gotten so wrapped up in this divorce I have forgotten. I will post it on the fridge so I will see it every day. Thank you!! MM I found that sexy, slinky black dress we have talked about. LOOK OUT NOW

I did over an hour stepping this afternoon. I added a little bit of a new twist to it. I jog for 1 to 1 1/2 min then start stepping again. Today the ball game is boring and my team is loosing. I did 4 set of 7 push ups.

I have been looking for a diet plan I can follow. Any ideas?? I can not eat fish, I am allergic to fish.

Pat
Old 07-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #359  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Cassangelidy, I will second the welcome, the more the merrier.

Whoopse, 36, Haley, KateB, Betsi, lumi, where is everybody?

Dixie, I think your goal was 30 pounds. I just started to go thru and gather them up, cause we are getting long and I am sure soon they will ask us to start a new thread, maybe one a month til Christmas? We'll see if we can get this one to the 24th...

Good job on your exercise today!! I went running and then did crunches. My team lost too. Being from NY I am a huge Yankees fan. I have a hot black dress for Christmas too, with a pair of gold heels, I am going to look smoking hot!

I do a modified low carb, I eat veggies and some oatmeal, but no white sugar, white flour or white rice.
Here's what it usually looks like for an idea..
Usually, a yogurt for breakfast, Dannon light & fit is my favorite, sometimes w berries or granola,
sometimes oatmeal instead
String Cheese or such for a snack
Big salad w grilled chicken for lunch, south beach or light done right dressing
Fruit or raw veggies, sometimes w cottage cheese for a snack
Protein, fish, sorry.. chicken, pork chop, red meat about once a week and tons more veggies for dinner.
Loads of water and a trim creations fudge bar from the Schwan's frozen food guy! If that big yellow Schwan's truck comes to your house, try those fudge bars, yum and only 50 calories!!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:35 PM   #360  

19 weeks and 2 days left till christmas... (wow this year has gone by fast)..

I hope I'm not too late to start... If I lose 2lbs/week I'll be down 38 pounds, which will bring me to 207 (I'm 245 now).
Closed Thread