Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #106  

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone! Day 19 just started, well here anyways. Thought this could interest you;

21 Day Challenge
This challenge is a goal(s) you set for yourself for 21 days. You can set them at one, two or three levels, which gives you one, two or three "pause" days depending on the level. 1 is something that is easy, 3 would be harder for you. If you fail, you go back to Day 1. All these rules are explained in the post better.

But, I have challenged myself to NO junk food for 21 days. While I am good with junk food and eating it nowadays, I did have chocolate twice and ice-cream three times in the past week. No crazy binges still where I ate a lot of junk food. So now I have challenged myself to be 21 days free of any junk food as well as my other two challenges. It's going to be a tough one, but worth the shot.

The link is posted above for anyone interested!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #107  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

The bad news- I overrate. The good news- my binges ARE getting smaller and I'm feeling less like a zombie when I overeat, like I'm more aware of what's going on now, if that makes sense. Baby steps... I'm counting today as another 1/2 binge. That puts me at 2 total for the month- I know- I'm kind of cheating. But if I can get a handle on this at 2 binges in a month, I'll tie my best month ever.

I almost didn't post about my slip up because I am so embarrassed trying for a month and I lose it after just 4 days. I'm so glad that everyone seems to be having such a successful July! I look up to everyone here and hope I can find the strength that you all seem to have.

I hate to be so negative! I DO feel that things are looking better, but it's a slow, slow, SLOW process for me. But progression is better than nothing or going in reverse! Having this thread helps my mental state so much after a binge, thanks for all being here.

Dreamer2012- thanks for the post, 21 days is absolutely something i would like to try!

Raspberry- I'm cheering for you!! I hope whatever is stressing you out gets better... Sending hugs your way!

Inglesita- love your insight. I need to start just going straight to your posts when I'm feeling compulsions.

Daisynyc- let us know how you get through your 5 days
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Jalsa - I think you are right. It's about learning about ourselves and what triggers us. It is a process to say the least.

danzing - I feel the same way. Like I'm making progress, and even if I overeat I feel like I'm becoming more aware and attempting to reign myself in.

Dreamer - Congrats on day 19, stay strong

Inglesita - your words continue to inspire me to work harder to be better and to not give in to the demon that is telling me I can't do it.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #109  
15poundsGOAWAY

S/C/G: 152/131/125-130

Height: 5' 7"

RIGHT there with you girls when you binge after hitting your new low weight. I hit 129 the day of my daughter's birthday party which threw me into a downward spiral and I binged Friday night to Monday night. Next morning I weighed myself at 139 pounds, TEN POUND GAIN! Didn't binge Tuesday or Wednesday and now I'm back at 132, hoping a bit more of this will come off, it normally takes me 5-7 days for it to come off.. hoping for a maximum 1 pound weight gain. Somehow I don't really believe 'calories in vs. calories out' pertains to binging... anyone else agree? I think you can only gain a maximum amount of fat in one day, like 1/4-1/2 pound or something... I've had binges that lasted 4 days always hitting 7,000-10,000 per day... if I do the math that would equal roughly an 8 pound weight gain, but a week later with hard exercise and pounding water I get within a pound to pound and a half of my starting weight.
natashawashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 PM   #110  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by natashawashburn View Post
Somehow I don't really believe 'calories in vs. calories out' pertains to binging... anyone else agree?
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

...a good thing, for sure. Maybe it's because we're relatively youngish?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #111  
15poundsGOAWAY

S/C/G: 152/131/125-130

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

...a good thing, for sure. Maybe it's because we're relatively youngish?
I have no idea... but I'm super thankful for it. I actually read on a body building forum that your body can only store so much fat within a 24 hour window... aka no 8 pound fat gain in 4 days for me. I think with the 4 day binge I just had a few days ago I racked up 8 or 9 thousand calories 2 of the days, 3,500 another... and 3,000 the other. If I subtract my maintenance calories that should have equaled about 5 pounds, I'm already 3 away from my starting weight and I know a bit more will fall off. Just seems odd to me! LOVE IT THOUGH... what sucks is the way my mind works and that makes me want to binge MORE when I think "ohhh the weight will just fall off soon, or I'll just gain 1/2 a pound a day, be up 10-15 pounds in water weight for a few days, then be back to normal" binging is such a vicious, sad cycle.
natashawashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #112  
Skinny girl wanna-be

S/C/G: 184 / 162/ 135

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone,

New to the boards and my worst enemy is binge eating!!! Grr... makes me so upset but this thread "No Binging in July" is great! (I am up for the challenge of "No Binging for the Second Half of July.") =P I have read through some of the suggestions and love them. I have a bit of a funny scenario though... I live with someone who is bossy about my diet and tries to do everything perfectly so I stay on it but it really annoys me and sometimes I binge just to prove! So annoying and so wrong... Any inspirational words?
Bella135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #113  

Welcome, Bella. You'll find plenty of support here.

Vent: I do not know what is up with me. I suspect it's because the scale has not budged in 5 days despite me being so on plan. Anyway so the binge thoughts began at work....I had my usual snack but before I was done with that I was already thinking about the pack of biltong in my purse which was empty in no time. Then sped home, driving like a mad woman stopped at the bakery wanted a slice of brownie cake which they didn't have, settled on a slice of black forest and a hotdog (lol), got home and then started kicking my fridge cause I couldn't get the ice cream out fast enough (no seriously, a 2 year old would have looked more mature). As I was finishing off the cake/ice cream/hotdog I thought I'm going to order pizza, Indian and KFC. Next thing I know it's 6 hours later - I'd blacked out from what I guess was sheer mental exhaustion and a sugar coma.

I didn't binge and only slightly exceeded my caloric allowance but man, I am exhausted and pissed off. I know I'm angry because my weight hasn't shifted and I know I'm being unreasonable because it will take time but I'm angry anyway.

Nonsensical vent over wish you the best ladies. Keep on keeping on.
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #114  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Natasha and krampus- I TOTALLY agree! And am forever thankful that every binge I've ever had is not directly turned into extra fat, but I DO seem to use it as an excuse sometimes. So I guess I just can't win ;-)

Carryonlosing- I'm sorry you've had a rough time! Hoping things get better for you soon!

Bella135- that's rough, the only advice I can give is to succeed your OWN way, proving to her that you didn't need her policing you for your journey to be successful!!i hope this forum helps you as much as it does me!

I have had NO appetite all day, so pretty much putting today together with yesterday = an almost normal amount of calories for two days. ;-) Saturday is my race day though so I'm planning on enjoying a few extra slices of toast or something tomorrow! Woot woot ;-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #115  

Thank you danzingurl, much better today. Good luck with the race!!!
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #116  

Height: 5ft3

Great advice Ingles

i'm just checking in binge free and to move my counter down 1 pound
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 09:09 AM   #117  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi people! I have had a couple of rough days, not because I binged but because I was feeling extremely weak and very hungry at the same time. As I am maintaining, I am supposed to be eating around 1300 cals; but then I have gained a little in July, which has made me nervous. Long story short, I decided to take a free day yesterday --not much: croissants, and cheese in a veggie sandwich-- and I feel so much better today! I needed the refeed! Back on plan today, but thinking that I need to make some changes not to get so hungry and to have more energy. Any ideas? I started with a protein breakfast today... Let's see how it goes!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #118  

Don't worry that much and start again tomorrow. The bloat will go away, and most problably you won't put on weight. That ice cream must have been fantastic!!! LOL
Plan ahead next time: eat a healthy meal before you go out for dinner, and then order just a salad. Ask for the simplest dessert if you want some, or just for a cup of tea. Once bf gets used to having dessert on his own --and maybe feeding you just a little-- he won't complain about your tea. And you will feel great, you'll see!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:58 AM   #119  

Height: 5ft3

Mer du Japon Eating out can be deadly, as far as I go, a lot of the poor me enters- into it and all sorts of thoughts come into my head to justify throwing all these calories down my throat - there's also some of the old childhood - 'clear your plate - waste not want not syndrome' entering in to it as well.

I find one way that helps is to look at the menu and decide what I will eat before I go when I am sitting in a sane place away from all the temptations
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:15 PM   #120  

How did you do over the weekend? I went out for a veggie sandwich and ate ice cream, but did not go over my calories. How about the rest?