Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #136  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Portion control. Even if you're not entirely successful, you can't just say "I might binge" and use that as an excuse to not live life and try new things!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:45 PM   #137  

Height: 5'4

Natasha, I would suggest you do both; bring your own healthy food, but enough for everyone to share. Make a couple of big veggie based dishes and bring some fresh fruit with you. You can eat that stuff for the bulk of your meals and then have a few bites of the dishes that are served by everyone else.

After meal times, put the food out of your sight and go do something active! You can do it if you try.

Also, I think at some point we need to stop worrying so much about "offending" people. They will get over it, and as long as you are tactful in your approach to the situation they should be fine with it.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #138  

Height: 5'1

Natasha, I agree with the others. You should focus on your portion control. Don't worry about leaving some foods on the plate. And if you can get in there before the food is dished up, you could control how much is even put on your plate in the first place. I can understand the feeling of not wanting to upset anyone but you're all family, hopefully they will understand.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #139  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hey how are you all doing? We are getting to the end of the month!!! This seems to be the most successful month this year, doesn't it?
I have a couple of good thigs to tell: I could jog for 20 minutes non-stop for the first time ever, and I lost a couple of pounds, which means I am below my maintenance weight. I'm really happy!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #140  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Great work, Inglesita!! I LOVE running... I feel SO good after a long run.

Nothing is going to bring me down in the next few weeks, I just got a call-back for a dance company called "Odyssey" in my area... Even just getting a callback is a dream come true... Gotta be ready for some biker shorts and half tips in 12 days!!

Hope everyone is ready to finish July strong and have August be even better!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #141  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Congratulations, Danzing! That's great news! You must be so happy!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #142  
Jessica

Haha and I just re-read my post. Half TOPS, not tips. ;-) but thanks Inglesita! I'm pretty pumped!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #143  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i've had a bad few days of binging ...maybe even a week, i stopped counting when i was supposed to be losing 6 pounds this month, and i did lost around 4 pounds at the beggining of the month but after and during my period i went crazy. it was like a sweitch...i just couldn't stop eating. i don't even wan't to think how much money i have spent for that. on the positive side i did walk a lot..like a 4-5 hours a day and in the biggest heat!!!
in a few days i'm returning home and on august 1 i'm starting over and i'm not using scale because it just messes me up. as soon i see some progress i sabotage myself. i was supossed to be at my goal by the beggining of the school day but i'm gonna be far behind
i also got a great offer to transfer to school in italy and am really nervous because i have to decide soon, and that is also one of the reasons for my binging. if only i could stop being so anxious all the time.
if i don't count binging, this was one of the best months of my life.

inglesita-wow i caould only wish to be under my goal weight! congrats
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #144  
Jessica

missunshine- well the good thing is that youre going to get back on track. Getting an offer to a shool in Italy sounds AMAZING... big decisions are a trigger for me also, its a hard spot to be in, so dont beat yourself up too much! I hope things get easier as far as food goes!

Ive been SO hungry this morning.. by 1:00 I'm normally around 400 calories in for the day.. today I'm already at 800. GULP. Im really hoping that my HUGE breakfast just keeps me full for a while and I can stay under my calorie goal. only 2 days of July left! I HAVE to make it... my self-esteem needs this successful July!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #145  

Only today and tomorrow to go, everyone! Hang in there, almost there! I think this would be the first time in...probably forever that I didn't binge once!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #146  
Jessica

Starting over. Ugh- sometimes I just feel like giving up. I haven't bunged AS much this month, but I had a lot of higher than normal calorie days. I'm
5 lbs up... I kind of hate that being "skinny" is such a big part of my dance life... I'm extra stressed about being bloated and auditioning and it's making me feel more like giving up.

Just a bad day I guess. Sorry, needed a place to vent. :,(
Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM   #147  

danzingurl77 Hang in there! And never give up. We are always going to have those bad days/weeks/months but the best thing to do is to hang in there and keep on going. You did just as great as everyone else this month by only bingeing a couple of times. As someone who was (and I'll probably crack again at some point), I know how difficult it is to wake up one morning and wanting to spend the day bingeing and not doing it. It is a difficult task and we are all here for you to help you along the way because we do all need to support each other.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 268/260/194

Height: 5'7.5"

I only joined the thread 5 days ago but I've been doing well. I always find the first several days the hardest. Looking forward to taking on a whole month binge-free with everyone in August!
zizania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #149  

The end of the month is here! I can't tell you how grateful I am for this thread. I am going through the most testing time of my career and personal life and not once since joining this group have I binged. Thank you for all the incredible support. This thread is one of the top reasons iv lost weight this month.

danzingurl, don't give up on yourself. And bad days are a given

See you all gorgeous chicks in August
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #150  

I'm so grateful for this thread too. It kept me going and from having a binge free month for the first time in my life!

However, just when I was starting to feel hungry and knowing dinner won't be for at least another hour or hour and a half, I feared I would go down and raid the cupboards. But then I remember, I didn't have my afternoon snack - my apple which was sitting right beside me and didn't realise it. So I just had and it and enjoyed it so very much.

I'm so determined to stay away from the junk food over the next two days because I saw 136lbs this morning which is what my goal for July was! I would love to still be there for my official weigh in on Thursday.

Keep on going everyone, only a couple of more hours.