Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Today there was a farewell party at work, because two co-workers retired. There were sandwiches and cupcakes. OMG. I ate four pieces of cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches --the size of my palm-- and half a cupcake. That amounts to a lot of calories, but eating half a cupcake and saying no thanks to the other half --and to all the other cupcake varieties available-- sounds like victory to me, right? No dinner after that, of course!

Last edited by inglesita64; 07-03-2012 at 11:09 PM.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 AM   #32  

Height: 5ft3

TurboLaura - Great to see you here
Ingles - that's really great - I have to eat at one of these things on Friday - they are always very difficult - but I can always get back on track by eating a little less and exercising a little more the next day
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 222/150/140

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, ladies! Yesterday was a success and today will be too!

inglesita: Nice job on only eating 1/2 the cupcake!!

Take care all and I hope that you have a wonderful 4th!
TurboLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:01 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

I had an episode of overeating things I shouldn't have last light. I had a bar of mint chocolate and some vita tops. It's nowhere near the normal kind of binge I would have so I'm pretty happy. I'm not even going to call it a binge considering I wasn't over 2100 calories for the whole day. My binges tend to be over 4000 cal. It feels like a bit of setback, but it's a step in the right direction. I guess what I am really proud of is that usually I have such an all or nothing attitude. I recognized I went a bit overboard and even thought the urge was there to go completely food crazy after, I didn't. Small victories! 8 days binge free!

Last edited by raspberry13; 07-04-2012 at 09:10 AM.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #35  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 227/156/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Recover

I have come to realize it is not the size of the binge, it is how I recover from it. I ate four huge cupcakes yesterday. Once I finished them, I realized how yucky I felt and STOPPED. I also took some time to journal and determine what else was causing the binge. Like raspberry13 says, it's the small victories!
princessbgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #36  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Congrats and big kudos to those that survived another bing-free day!

Hugs to those that stumbled.

Well, I binged yesterday, but I was still within my daily calories and lost another pound. The binge issue is a separate problem from my weight. I know this and even though I only ate a cup of pasta in total, I still felt out of control for a bit. It is good to have that understanding though and my binges are becoming less frequent and less damaging. I guess it just takes time to work on it.

Last edited by archychick; 07-04-2012 at 01:43 PM.
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #37  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Hey hope everyone made it trough the 4th?? :-) I haven't gone this long without a binge in a while and it feels so good!! Keep up the great work and let's just keep trucking along!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #38  

I feel right at home on this thread. Last binged on the 1st. 5 crepes before I stopped, realized the madness and confronted what i was covering up with food.
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #39  

danzing, keep going! I know you can do it!
Welcome to the thread, all newcomers! Isn't it great to have met people who know what we feel when we raid the fridge and the cupboards?
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #40  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

Im in, this month is no binge month after I stuffed myself stupid at the beginning of the week and felt sick. You name it, I had it snickers, loads of toast - i was so bloated and felt so sick. Come on peeps we CAN do it and we ARE in control. Good luck xx
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/see tracker/110

Height: 5'1"

I'll go for it! Count me in.
CoffeeFueledUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #42  
15poundsGOAWAY

S/C/G: 152/131/125-130

Height: 5' 7"

My last binge was on Sunday the 1st, so far I am almost 5 days binge free. The weekend before last I had a 4 day straight binge, where I literally didn't stop eating... the day before I decided ENOUGH was ENOUGH I went to a buffet and ate 17 (decent sized) slices of pizza, 5 breadsticks with sauce, 2 bowls of mac and cheese, spaghetti, fettucini alfredo, 2 tacos, 4 slices of red velvet cake, 3 slices of cheesecake, a donut, carrot cake, 4 cookies, and ice cream. Yes I ate myself sick. Sadly to hide most of this from my husband, he had to stay at the table with our daughter so we could get food by ourselves and I would put a ton of food on my plate, shove it in my mouth as fast as I could, then load more onto my plate before I sat down... He probably saw me eat a 1/4 of what I mentioned above. I stepped on the scale the next morning 18 pound heavier! A week later I somehow managed to lose all of that weight, I worked and exercised my BUTT off though... then of course I said I will never binge again with how sick I got from those 4 days, but once again, this last Sunday... church party potluck, 3 huge plates of food, 3 dessert plates later, then my husband grilled burgers right after that, then I had 1/2 a gallon of ice cream, then after he went to bed I snuck to taco bell and burger king, then came home and finished the ice cream.

that was a mouth full. I've never admitted these kind of things to anyone, it just feels good to not have it 'hidden' anymore. you wouldn't think I have a binging problem, I'm 5 7 and weigh 131 pounds, after every binge though I workout like crazy and almost kill myself for a few weeks straight to get the weight back off, it's such a vicious cycle.

this week I have struggled a LOT, my mind starts racing and I want to drive through the usual 4 different fast food joints... I passed that buffet I mentioned previously 2 days ago when Iwas out with my daughter and almost went in to stuff my face, I contemplated it for over 15 minutes then drove off. I hate this so much.

Last edited by natashawashburn; 07-06-2012 at 03:01 PM.
natashawashburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #43  
I'm wide awake

S/C/G: 202/184/126

Height: 5FT

NATASHAWASHBURN - Bless you for being so honest and well done on your weightloss so far. Just take each day at a time and try to remember how you feel after each time you have binge - sick and dissapointed with yourself. In my first month of weightloss I craved junk food so bad, I actually dreamt about sweet and sour pork balls one night and custard cupcakes. These foods are designed to leave you wanting more as they are comfort foods.
I have decided to cut out my treat meal this week and replace it with a book that I have wanted for ages. I bought it earlier in the week and have given it to my husband to give to me on saturday night (the night I would nomally have my treat meal). It's given me something to look forward to and I feel great rewarding myself with something that doesnt come fried with cheese. lol.
skinnypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:15 AM   #44  

Great idea, Skinnypie! And welcome, Natasha! What you tell us is something most of us have been through, so our hearts go up to you, really. What I have read most of us say when somebody asks for advice is:
Explore your emotions to find out what feelings trigger the binges, and try to work on the cause of those feelings. I discovered frustration was what was makig me overeat.
Cut down on refined carbs so you can control your craving. I went two weeks without flour before I was sure I was in control.
Take up activities that will help you channel your anxiety. In my case, jogging is making the trick.
Make small changes, so you won't feel deprived. I stopped eating cheese, which is a trigger for me; then I gave up peanuts and later cookies. After that everything grew easier. Now I can eat a bit of everything without going overboard.
And have faith in your own strength. We are here for you!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #45  

natashawashburn, hugs!
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote