3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   No bingeing in July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/261975-no-bingeing-july.html)

inglesita64 06-30-2012 01:47 PM

No bingeing in July

And here is a new thread for those who commit to not bingeing in July.
By bingeing we mean the unplanned eating of a lot of calories --by the thousand/s-- in a short time, not being able to stop till we run out of food or feel sick. It is an eating disorder, not like overeating or like a splurge, and it does not end in purging.
Join us in our journey! We want to learn to control these episodes!

luckymommy 06-30-2012 04:25 PM

I would really like to commit to this in July. June wasn't a good month for me and I gained 10 lbs. Thanks for starting this thread.

hatgirlie 06-30-2012 05:25 PM

I'm in! Good luck to all.

danzingurl77 06-30-2012 05:46 PM

I'm in too! :-) lets do it!

Jalsa 06-30-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inglesita64 (Post 4389245)
And here is a new thread for those who commit to not bingeing in July.
By bingeing we mean the unplanned eating of a lot of calories --by the thousand/s-- in a short time, not being able to stop till we run out of food or feel sick. It is an eating disorder, not like overeating or like a splurge, and it does not end in purging.

This is a very clear and true definition of bingeing -it really sets the boundaries and confirms that I have an eating disorder Thanks Inglesita .

I'm in and taking it one day at a time............ just made it through day 1;)

princessbgirl 06-30-2012 07:21 PM

I am in - just to clarify - I can binge on v low calorie items, such as celery and salsa. They may not add up to many calories - I recognize that it is emotional eating, nonetheless. I commit to no binges of any sort in July.

freelancemomma 06-30-2012 07:31 PM

Count me in as well. I haven't had massive binges in a long time, but this month I've had several episodes in which my control slipped. Back in the saddle!

F.

desiresdestiny 06-30-2012 09:39 PM

Yes!!!!

natashawashburn 06-30-2012 10:28 PM

I'm in! I planned to do this for June, but failed 5 or 6 times... When I binge, I don't binge on a 'few' thousand calories... it's a full day that ends between 7,000-10,000 calories, and yes I get extremely sick. I need so much strength for July, I know I can do this!

raspberry13 06-30-2012 11:20 PM

Hi everyone!

So, I didn't do so great in June. It wasn't totally binge free, I had a few major binges. I've now been 5 days on track and am looking forward to taking this momentum into July!

We've got this!

corinthian314 07-01-2012 01:00 AM

I'm in for sure. I've so been wanting to binge...especially on something sweet or bread/ pasta.

Milly1 07-01-2012 04:24 AM

Guess I don't fit in to the true binger definition. However I will follow this thread with interest as I feel like one. It really is a mental game and I need to work on not trying to be perfect, maybe I should start a thread on that:-)! I do hope you all find what you need.

inglesita64 07-01-2012 11:32 AM

It is great to be with you on this, people! My last binge was on sweets on New Year's Eve, so today I am celebrating six months without binges. Anyway, I don't think I have recovered. The very fact I keep opening these threads and logging everything I eat and counting calories speaks about disordered eating --not an eating disorder, but some issue with eating. I am very much afraid of slipping back into old unhealthy habits, as I always did in the past. Let's help one another get to August being healthier and saner!

desiresdestiny 07-01-2012 11:58 AM

Im 3 months binge free; hoping to keep going!!!

abejune23 07-01-2012 12:50 PM

i'd like to give this a shot-- i have days where i'd just shove food in my mouth even though i'm not hungry.