Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #91  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Hi all, teetering on a tightrope here. I hit my all time low weight on Saturday and have been overeating all weekend. Not BINGING but almost-binging - like multiple bowls of ice cream eaten really fast - I want to know why this happens??? I haven't been overly restrictive but it's like my body is screaming for a refeed, but I've been feeding it more and it's running away with it!

5.2 lb higher than Saturday morning :/ A lot of it is sodium bloat as I had PF Chang's yesterday, but eugh. Want my control back!
That low weight thing is a trigger for me too... you start to feel as though you deserve to binge or overeat... and to some extent, YOU CAN! You have to be able to enjoy yourself, you know that.

I know that you don't want to gain it back though, and that can be the slippery part of the slope; trying to rein it back in when you have overdone things a bit too much.

What continues to motivate you? You know that my wedding is coming up on Saturday and so I'm damn near unflappable right now even though I'm at basically my lowest weight (114.8 lbs currently). Do you have anything like that to focus on that can help you get back on track? I know you aren't overly restrictive day to day and that you have a very moderate approach to your diet and workouts -- very good balance overall. Sometimes we need that little extra "push" though.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM   #92  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the pep talk JossFit - I think I am going to focus on eating wholesome food vs junk and on workout consistency/quality instead of weight loss. Being around 125 is comfortable, I feel like I look good and am not carrying around toooo much extra. I did stay the same for over a month - can't expect to drop 10 pounds instantaneously.

I do have my "one year back in America" anniversary coming up July 31st. I was probably 135 when I got back, so being squarely 10 lb lighter would be a nice number.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM   #93  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I do have my "one year back in America" anniversary coming up July 31st. I was probably 135 when I got back, so being squarely 10 lb lighter would be a nice number.
There you go! I know we each have our own tools so to speak, but for me, it helps if I have some sort of event to look forward to.

For some people the added pressures might backfire and end up causing them to binge or otherwise throw in the towel, but I've found it helpful.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 270/260s/120

Height: 5'1"

Today is my first day of officially not binging. I've learned that I don't binge when I'm stressed as most people do. In fact, I tend to lose my appetite when I'm stressed. But I do eat a lot when I'm bored. As long as I keep myself busy doing something, I'm okay.
LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:45 PM   #95  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Krampus! Hang in there!! It is dang hard when you hit a new low... But don't give in to the binge!!

Ladypetite- way to get on the right track

Im feeling good and back on track. Weighing in tomorrow, hopefully by now the binge damage is gone!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #96  

Height: 5ft3

Quote:
Hi all, teetering on a tightrope here. I hit my all time low weight on Saturday and have been overeating all weekend. Not BINGING but almost-binging - like multiple bowls of ice cream eaten really fast - I want to know why this happens??? I haven't been overly restrictive but it's like my body is screaming for a refeed, but I've been feeding it more and it's running away with it!

5.2 lb higher than Saturday morning :/ A lot of it is sodium bloat as I had PF Chang's yesterday, but eugh. Want my control back!
this happens to me also, I work hard at losing weight and all of a sudden as soon as it starts dropping I want to binge -I don't believe that it's psychological sabotage but wonder if it's some kind of instinct back in the days when we were hunters and gatherers? ie the brain sees the body losing weight as a bad thing and so urges it to eat
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #97  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

My bloat weight is dropping and I feel pretty much no desire to eat junk food. Will check in again when I hit that low again...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

21 Days without bingeing today. I am determined to make it through July. One thing I hate though is how much planning and effort and control I have to put in to not bingeing. I feel like I am walking through a field of land mines and if I step on the wrong one I'm going to binge so badly. Why do I still have this urge? To sit in my room and eat myself sick (have to hide shameful behaviour from my roommates). I feel disgusted with myself for even having the urge to eat more food than I need. I just feel like I want the comfort of being alone with food. I don't know why, it feels like such and addiction. I'm thinking of all the things I would eat. UGHGGUGGHHGGHGH.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #99  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Raspberry, you are going through detox! LOL At the beginning it is really hard, because the wiring is still strong and our minds drift to food all day long. But you'll see that as time goes by and you learn to do other things rather than bingeing, the wiring --though always there-- gets weaker and sends only remote signals. It will get easier, you'll see!
Krampus, Danzing, good job!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #100  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

raspberry-21 days is incredible! and I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from... every morning and night I feel like I'm just one bad thought away from a binge, and each night I am relieved and a little suprised that I've made it another day. Sometimes I wonder if this never gets easier, we just have to get stronger. I get so annoyed with myself sometimes!

Inglesita- I'm so glad you are still here checking in and thanks for the encouragement.

Krampus- Im glad your bloat is down.. I was still 1 lb up this morning but Im HOPING it will be gone tomorrow. that 1 lb into the "danger zone" really bothers me, even though I know that in the grand scheme of things its not so bad. I hope neither of us ever craves junk again.

I thought about bingeing for a second tonight. I kind of just acknowledged that the urge was there and let myself sit and be mad about it for a second. I chugged a whole bottle of water, sung a song, and wrote down 10 things I am thankful for. It magically worked. Urge to binge- gone for now ;-) were over the 1/2 way July mark, so lets finish strong
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:05 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 212/201/127

Height: 5.5ft

i lost 10lbs on 1-7 july,
on 8-14, the whole week was binging, so glad i didnt gain.
this week, 15-21 im setting a goal to lose 5lbs. half of the week i did good, 3 more days to weight if i can reach the goal.
the desire to binging still strong, gotta control myself!!

*He who conquered his enemis is great. He who conquers himself is mighty*
babystepsto127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #102  

Hi everyone. I am a binge-eater. Just found this thread and would love to join in for the rest of July. My most recent binge was last night. I would like to initially shoot for 5 days binge-free.

Looking forward to checking in/getting to know everyone here.
Daisynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Yesterday I had a bit of an overeating episode. I ate some chocolate, but didn't eat the whole bag of mini eggs which I consider a win. Today I really feel like I am teetering on the edge. All I feel like doing is eating. Im so stressed. I hate how this is taking up so much of my life/time. I'm going to eat around 1800 today to keep grounded I think.

So for venting so much I'm just really struggling today.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #104  

Height: 5ft3

Welcome Daisynyc Happy you can join us

Raspberry, it s like walking through landmines, but then you start to learn where the landmines are and you begin to work out how to avoid them
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #105  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi Daisynyc! Welcome to our thread!
The urge to binge is not an order to binge. When you see a wonderful necklace on a shopwindow you don't steal it, though you may really really want it so much. The wish to possess some objects may be even painful --let alone possessing people LOL--, but we refrain from taking action to grab the object and run away with it. That is a learned behavior... and we have to learn to not give in to immediate gratification with food in the same way we leave alone that which is not ours. Feel the urge, acknowledge the urge, embrace it and feel it part of your past and your present and our future, and then let it die out in the same way we allow other urges to die out without taking action. I know it is easier said than done, but try! Breathe in, breathe out and move on! There are better things to do in life than make ourselves miserable with food, right?

Last edited by inglesita64; 07-18-2012 at 05:31 PM.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote