Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #76  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

i don't even know what triggered me today. But I binged, bad... I had been doing so much better and then, WHAM... Today I just lost it. Ugh. NO more binges in July... There's got to be a way. If others can do it, so can I. I always tell others not to be so hard on themselves but I'm pretty upset. I SO wanted to make it this month without a huge binge... What do you girls to to get back on your feet?
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:18 AM   #77  

I am prone to depression. Two weeks ago I was 'stuck in my head' and really out of it. Made me feel extremely ashamed as I'd been doing so well as the 'happy, energetic, bubbly girl.' A friend told me most people who are prone to depression are only a thought or situation away from a bout of depression. I apply the same principle to bingeing, I know I am only a thought or situation away from a binge and so I am constantly on guard. If I do relapse, i hope that I will tell myself that that one time does not negate all my binge- free days. And I will keep going (or at the very least come here to get some major support from 3fc) Yup, that's my plan.
CarryOnLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #78  

Height: 5'1

danzingurl77,

Don't look at it like you failed. Because you most certainly didn't! You lasted two weeks which is pretty impressive for anyone. Try to think now you have two more weeks left and you can fight them. If at the end of July you binged once but overcame that, you are a winner in my eyes. To be honest with you. I think when you have binged once, the hardest fight is to fight that urge for the second time in a row. So you binge one day, and the following day because you've had what you wanted to restrict you could be thinking in your head another day won't hurt and end up doing it again. That is where I see the real strength of bingeing.

You did so good to get to where you are. Be proud and not too hard on yourself. Tomorrow is another day.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:43 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

danzingurl77, this too shall pass. For me it only takes a few days back on track until I start to feel better again. I do agree with dreamer in that it's really hard not to binge the second day. My binges always go through cycles. Like, I tend to binge at night, and will often eat in the middle of the night. The morning is the hardest when you wake up and feel like absolute crap. In those situation I often feel like the only thing that makes me feel better is more food. It's like I need to detox from all the sugar and carbs because it just makes my body crave them more.

Hugs and strength everyone. We can support each other. <3
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 AM   #80  
Jessica

Once again I am very touched by the support I find here.

Dreamer and raspberry- thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement. You are both absolutely right, I need to just forgive myself and move on. If I don't- I will have a hard tune getting back on track today. So I'm stopping now, I'm accepting that what happened, happened, and I'm trying to remember that I have truly done better in July than in June and that's all I can ask of myself- as long as I am always improving.

Carryonlosing- that's actually a really smart way of looking at it. When I start to feel "safe" and like I may not get any urges to binge... It sometimes just hits me like a ton of bricks for what seems like no reason. I guess this is just something I'll always have to be aware of and watching out for...
Old 07-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #81  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

danzing, I sometimes think we are afraid of living without the "food fix". When we realize we can --as you could for two weeks--, we get scared, like when we are learning to bike and we notice our parents have removed the side wheels and we fall down just because we noticed it. Imagine a life without binges, a life in which food is just food and you able to confront every day issues on your own. Do you think you can make it?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #82  

I binged 5 minutes ago too. I am glad to find this thread. I do pretty well until the afternoons/evenings. They are just so hard for me. And I would apprecaite it if anyone can tell me how to get my little tracker to show up. It has red x's and won't load or something. Thank you
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:56 PM   #83  

I have been weighing every morning for a couple of months and have been able to stay within about 8 pounds but last year I put on about 20 pounds and have not been able to take it off that is why I am back to this forum. It is so helpful when I make it a habit. Thank you all for your postings
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:56 PM   #84  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

I am so grateful for the strength not to binge since last week. So far, so good. Sending strength and peaceful vibes to you all and myself ---------------------->
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 239/173/155

Height: 6'

Today I am working on 19 days without bingeing. I stumbled a bit last night. I was working outside all day for my new job and didn't really eat enough because there wasn't the best options available. I came home and ate a bit too much. I'm proud because I just reached a point where I was like ok, you are full, why are you still eating? I felt guilty even though I didn't go over my calorie allowance by very much. Instead of letting it get to me too much I went for a run. I'm hoping for a better day on track today!

Let's love ourselves <3 Once again I thank you guys for all the support I get here.
raspberry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #86  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #87  
Jessica

Thanks desiresdestiny

Inglesita- I think I can do it, that's why I'm still here trying!!

Grabec- I don't know how to get your ticker going but I'm glad you're here a d the support will hopefully help you with your bingeing habits!

Archychick- good luck to you as well! Thanks for the good vibes!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #88  

Height: 5ft3

Danzing - you can do it - just forget about the odd slip and acrry on - none of us can achieve perfection- the way to go is to keep coming back here

Raspberry great that you went for a run - it's a good way to get back in touch with your body -it's sooo good for us to exercise it gets all the body's machinery working and makes us feel great

As for me ...I'm doing fine - not binge free as yet but it's less frequent and I appear to have shifted a few pounds -
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I used to hit up these boards every day, but I've been busy...so now I'm back! Still on track being binge-free for over 2 years now. It's gotten easier, but there are hard days so I decided to just check in for a bit again. I do still overeat, and I'm trying to stop that, but the binging is so much better, and I think I'm really well equipped to fight the urges that do still pop up from time to time.

Thanks for being here!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #90  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all, teetering on a tightrope here. I hit my all time low weight on Saturday and have been overeating all weekend. Not BINGING but almost-binging - like multiple bowls of ice cream eaten really fast - I want to know why this happens??? I haven't been overly restrictive but it's like my body is screaming for a refeed, but I've been feeding it more and it's running away with it!

5.2 lb higher than Saturday morning :/ A lot of it is sodium bloat as I had PF Chang's yesterday, but eugh. Want my control back!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote