Old 07-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #1  

Default July Weight Loss Challenge-thread2

Girls....the threads are designed for optimal functioning below 500 posts, thereafter we may start experiencing some thread problems so we typically do a continuation thread andddddd here we are
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #2  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Today has been really hard. I have no motivation and just want to eat. So far I have not succumbed to the temptation but the kitchen is on my mind. I usually think TGIF but it seems the weekends present more challenges. I just need to remember I am doing well and need to keep truckin' to make my goal.

There. Now I feel better that I got that off my chest. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I can't wait for Monday to read about everyone's losses.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:12 PM   #3  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Nello-The weekends are usually more challenging, but you can make the good choices even when it's harder. That what'll separate you from those who don't make it long-term. Just remember portion control! Have a great weekend!

I am gonna relax the rest of the day and enjoy family time. Hope you all are doing well. I am missing some people. I don't know if they're on vacation or just busy, for example where is NewShinyMe? I miss you girl!

Thanks for starting this continuation thread, FSA. Take care chickie...you're still rockin' this!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 07-17-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #4  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

hey FSA!

nello ~ Don't fret my dear it will get better.

Sandye ~ You know, I don't think it is. I think I've stressed myself out so much and just got off routine, that my body is trying to readjust itself. Lets just hope I can get it straightened back out in the next week. Prep work sounds good. Lets do it. Can't tonight though, gonna enjoy those thirties.

LTTG ~ Thanks Oh you guys will hear about my evening tomorrow. With a disclaimer of course. I hope your well darling and still trucking.

MsP ~ on the pound and all the encouragement. You're a peach!

I'm going off of memory here, and I probably missed some posts, but I'm in a bit of a hurry. Need to get the house clean before my company comes over this evening. Hey LaruenA, mystical, tummy, NSM, jacque, jacqui, gekster and all you other ladies. Keep up the groovy work and I'll get in here and give you guys the full scoop tomorrow. I have reintroduced some things to my life now that I feel like I have a good grip on my exercise and diet. I'm hopeful this will counter the stress about Canaan. Anywho, gotta run ladies. Luv you gals.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-17-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #5  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Height: 5'6"

nellonello weekends are always hard for me! Hang in there! Sending you some

Last edited by L R K; 07-20-2009 at 02:56 PM.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

LaurenA

Delphi Good job on getting a grip on the diet and exercise. Please let us know the full scoop. Take care! Have a great evening.

Ms Perception Hope you get some good relaxation and have a good time with the family. Have great weekend

nellonello I have to agree weekends are always the hardest for me. That is usually when the family wants to go out to dinner. Just kidding! I just have to make choices and enjoy myself. I concentrate on portion size and I go for water to drink. and have a great weekend.

Hope all you other ladies are having a good day!
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #7  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

good Morning Ladies!
Just wanted to bump this thread to the top, because our other one should be closed off soon, and I noticed some still posting as I almost did on the wrong one~ I hope everyone has a Grrrrrrrreat day!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:00 AM   #8  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Ladies I just had to get on this morning and say....Oh My Goodness! I've Met my July Goal!!! This morning I weighed in at 156.0 on the nose! WOO HOO!!! This means I didn't wait until the last day of the month to reach my goal for this first time in a LONG time!!!! Please show me some red, Jacqui!

Just wanted to share that, since I'm on cloud nine right now. Thanks to all you wonderful supportive ladies for helping me stay on track and making this my best month so far this year!

Time to go get some exercise and keep on being a big loser!!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #9  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

MP- Congrats on Goal

Last edited by nellonello; 07-18-2009 at 10:15 AM.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #10  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning, chickies.

NELLONELLOWeekends are tough for me too. My DH loves to go out to eat, which, after a long week is tempting. However, times are tight, and I don't think I have the willpower to eat just of half a good meal! So it's actually a good thing that money is tight-no temptation! Keep on trucin'!

MSP Woo hoo on the panties, girl!

DELPHI Well ?

SANDYE Everything okay? It's not like you to not check in.

I fully expected to be up this morning. I didn't drink my water, had a good ST session, and I felt puffy when I woke up. So I was pleasantly surprised to be down a wee bit, .6. I've lost just 4.2, but I swear I feel smaller, and even look a little smaller. Hope you all have a great weekend, and since Sandye is incommunicado, I'll say it:

DRINK YOUR WATER!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:20 PM   #11  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Way to go MsP! and on the panties girlfriend.

LTTG ~ I'm just now gettin' around to posting this morning. Eleven in the morning if that says anything at all. Unfortunately, no hanky panky, but a good evening indeed. on being down a little bit. It all counts in the end darling.

Hi Le, mystical and lauren.

As for me, I'm a bit short for time. I have some things to take care of around here. Gotta a late start and all and just returned from running errands. So hopefully, I can get a few minutes a bit later and catch you gals up on all my NSV and adventures.

You ladies take care...ohhhhhhhhh, I almost forgot. Finally down a smidge this morning, but I'll take it and that 197. FINALLY!
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies just thought I would check in before the workout and the rest of the packing begins. Today is the day we get all the rest of our apartment packed and ready to move on Thursday. I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

I am struggling with things this week. I am doing well with my eating habbits and just don`t know why I am like a roller coaster. I mean I lost almost 8lbs the first week and then every day since that weigh-in it has been up and down. Up 2lbs down 2lbs. It took me all week to get that weight down and for the week it ended up just .5 loss and now I am doing the same this week. I am up 1.5 lbs already and don`t know why. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong.... Please help it is driving me nuts. I will check in soon
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #13  

Good afternoon girlsssssss and happy weekend HOpe your all having a great weekend. I closed our other thread to avoid any confusion.

MsPerceptionnnnnnnnn congratulations on having MET GOAL . :ch eer: awesome news dear girl You have a beautiful weekend

HI Nello, Hoping your having a better day today. As msP said, the weekends can be more challenging. (they are for me) Having foods in the house that are not OP makes it a lot harder.........though we dont all have the luxury of being able to always do this it really helps. When I have jsut my OP stuff around, when I get those days that I feel extra hungry , I think of what's in the kitchen to eat and boy does it help just having my OP stuff in there. Anyhow, congrats on doing well and hope you have a great weekend too! . Dh is away so this weekend is like any other day to me but when he is here I need to be more careful, lol .

Delphiiiiii, hiya girl! OH I hope you have a fabuloussssssssss time with your company tonight! wtg girl! I look forward to hearing how your night went. Keep up the great work .....chat soon.

HI Lauren , Mystical, Lewisempire, late to the game, and all of you other chickies!
Lewisssssssss, you have a ggggreat day too sweety...enjoy the weekend.

Late to the game, that is wonderful! Congrats on your loss

Mystical.... our bodies are all unique and respond in different ways as im sure you know. It sounds like because you had such a good loss the first week, your body is stabilizing that loss (thus the up and down). Mine is very stubborn but usually yields as long as i keep at it. Aside from that...I don't know...do you keep a journal of what your consuming? Sometimes certain foods impede our loss or clinge onto fluids (like carbs, salty things). Honestly, you just hang in there and keep on fighting. I want to congratulateeeee you on that loss thus far....it really is super NOt sure how frequently you are weighing but if it gets really frustrating maybe best to spread it out a little? then again...if your working on seeing which foods work for you right now, etc...you may be keeping an eye on how your body responds. In a nut shell......even though you are playing with a few lbs. right now (which is natural for a lot of us) you are maintaininggggggg that awesome loss and something tells me it's going to start nudging down for you so you just keep at it girl

A big hi to all of you chickies.....hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I need to run as I too am getting off to a very late start.. I am doing well here, staying OP....not seeing the scale move much but I am eating well etc. Dh gets back on friday. I am keeping busy with the chores around here and have been swimming when I can (did again yesterday). I did very well with my water yesterday. I feel so much better eating light and healthy after that vaca stint a while back. THe bunny rabbit still comes around for the carrots! lol. I put a big carrot out yesterday and the day before and they are gone. I better go....miss ya all. Looking forward to chatting real soon. Ladies, keep up the wonderful work ........ pssssssss....my daddy is feeling okay
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies!!!

FSA~ thanks for starting a new thread for us!! Keep up the great work! I'm glad to hear things are going well and that you're just truckin' along!

Nello~ I hope you're feeling better today! Weekends can be tough for sure! I'm finding that the further along I get in this journey the easier it's getting though. And on those days where we have people over or go somewhere to eat, I'm able to just control my portions and I'm good. However, when you have the urge to eat, eat, eat--it can be tough! Just remember, we're here for ya if you need a nudge in the right direction.

MsP~ Woo Hoo on the Panties girlie!!! Man--you are smokin' through the 150s hun!!! Yeah baby!! Congrats hun!

Delphi~ there you go proving me wrong again! No plateau for you! Yeah! Congrats on a loss--even if it did take forever! Geez! I am so proud of you for toughing that out, a lesser woman would have caved! Can't wait to hear all the juicy details hun so hurry up and spill it!

Mom
~ ahh, it was nice chatting you this morning amid the deafening silence that surrounded me! I'm home now, just ate and yes, I'm here checking in! Thanks for filling in for me as the Water Woman! Congrats again on your loss, now just keep moving forward and exercise patience young grasshopper! So...have you gone to the gym yet? Hmmm?

Mystical~ I agree with FSA, there are so many things that can make your weight bobble around. You lost so much at first that you're bound to stall for a bit while your body plays catch up, kwim? Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll see more weight come off soon!

Well, I'm back after a busy morning of getting my drivers license (finally), shopping and much needed Me Time. I went to get fitted for running shoes and left without buying because they only had 2 pairs in my size to try on. If I'm going to spend good money on shoes, well, I want to try them ALL on! It was neat though because they video taped me running and showed me how I pronate and that I need shoes to support my ankles. I can't wait to get new shoes, mine are so beat up and cheap!

Then I went Barnes & Noble and bought a cook book and a small calorie counter book--alone! Ahhh, it was glorious!

After that I went to Goodwill to look for some clothes. All of my shorts and capris (with the exception of one pair of capris) are all falling off of me. I have nothing else left in my closet or dresser to reach for. (Yay!) And since I'm not at my goal weight, I don't want to go spend tons of money on clothes that I don't plan on wearing for long, kwim? Anyway, I was in there for almost 2 hrs just going through everything and then actually got to try everything on that I picked out--something I NEVER get to do when I have the kids with me--I walked out of there with 7 bottoms and 6 tops and spent under $57! Now that's what I call a deal!

After that I called my mom and went to the grocery store and bought some things for my fil's bday picnic tomorrow.

Ahh, just a wonderful morning I tell ya! It even makes me forget that I was up .6 lbs today! (I'm retaining water today! Ugh)

Anyway, so that's what I did this morning! Oh and I did my HIIT before I left too!! Yeehaw!!

Okay girls, well, hubby is home with the kids and I need to get going. He mentioned something about going to a pet store! Perhaps we'll be looking for a pet? I dunno....I'll keep you posted!

Have a wonderful day and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:13 PM   #15  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I guess I'm the only one without a life! I have been off work for two days and have not left the house. It's too dang hot. It's still 110 on my patio, which is in the shade. Sorry, Sandye, I did not go to the gym. I guess today will be my rest day, and tomorrow, I'll get up early and hit the gym before it gets too hot. Hangs head in shame.

MYSTICAL sending good vibes your way. : I don't understand why we go up and down. But 8 lbs in one week, crikey! I think you're adjusting somehow now. Don't give up!

FSA Glad your dad is feeling better.
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote