Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #166  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Whew, made it through day 4! I'm excited to get through this month with only two binges- that's good for me and I'll be proud of myself when I make it (not if, when ;-) )

It's so helpful to see the struggles and success on this board- big shout out to all of you and thanks to each and every one of you just for being here :-)

Let's finish this month strong!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #167  

Height: 5ft3

Ok here goes - day 9 and only 1 binge this month so far ........for me-that's remarkable

Have a good day everyone
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #168  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi everyone! I've been sooo busy I had not time really to visit the thread. How are you all doing? I have not felt any urges at all these days, and rarely think of food. I attribute that to having developed some good relaxation techniques --good posture, breathing deeply, walking in a different way-- that have worked wonders. I eat an occasional treat, but keep within my range of calories. Just five more days to go, and we are there!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #169  
too big to fail

Bahhh... back to day 0 after a good week two weeks. Getting back on the horse. No more trigger foods for me!
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #170  

S/C/G: 62/62/55

Height: 169cm

Default New to the forum but keen for a binge free May!!

Hey guys,
I came across your 'binge free April' via a random google search. Sucks that the month is almost over, but i would really love to join you all on maintaining it this month, and also next. I have been up and down with my eating, resulting in lots of uncontrolled binges. Really not good for my health, including my mental health! It is like an emotional rollercoaster.
Looing forward to some stability!!
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #171  

Hi Cconn! Welcome to our thread! We are all familiar with what you say: the frustration of going from some days of "perfect" diet to dark days of uncontrolled eating, the pain of not knowing why we cannot control ourselves with food, the dispair of feeling bloated and fat and heavy and not being able to do much about it. That is why we are here: we want to learn to be in control as an essential step in our weight loss, and above all, an essential step in our roads towards self-awareness and peace.
It does not matter if we get to the end of the month really "binge-free"... What we need to do during each of our challenges is learn a bit more about what triggers our eating, about ways to avoid bingeing, about how to cope with emotions withour resorting to food.
We never stop being bingers. We may be "bingers in control," but we are still bingers. I have not binged since New Year's Eve --what a New Year's determination!--, but I still feel the "mental tug" towards food when I feel frustrated over some very difficult task, or inadequate, or not loved, or... and the list goes on. But food is not the answer to that --what a huge discovery to make!--, so I am learning to deal with each of those feelings one at a time, trying to solve the problem rather than create a new one.
I wish you the best of lucks in your way towards self-knowledge and control! Please do join the May binge-free challenge which we will open soon.

Demosthenes, what a pity! Have you done your soul-searching to learn what happened? Try to, so in May you can work on that...

Lots of love to all of you from South America! It's our first cold day here...
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Except for the first weekend in April during my birthday I did not have any incidents, until yesterday I was sick all week and I always bought trigger food even more when i was ill, but I didn't and I even lost weight until I got a few bits in the corner store on the way home the afternoon before yesterday and got a box of apple crunchy cereal, 2 bowls that night and three bowls the next morning almost 2000 calories, I tried not to eat that much after but its triggered a lot of feelings, I ended up buying a bag of crisps/chips on the way home then got to my bfs house and had a 300 calorie icecream chocolate thing, then he wanted to go the cinema and he got a large popcorn and didn't finish half of it and it was wrecking my head and i couldnt get rid of it so like the cereal I felt like I needed to eat it all because if I threw it away I would still be thinking about it and feeling loss?

So the next day bleugh gained a pound, did a bit of shopping I was so zoned out and cravings were through the roof I was staring at foods and trying so hard, I ended up buying 3 packs of ferraro sweets 180 cals each and had them this morning and felt sick after, Other wise I am kind of back on track no trigger foods in my house now going to the gym today but its finals for college and i just cant concentrate

2 binges in a month aint bad, I blame going low carb not sure if anyone finds that, it was just too much restriction.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #173  

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but today is Day *30* for me. I have not went more than 2 weeks-ish binge free for about a year and a half now.
Yesterday was the hardest of all 30 days. I'm trying to figure out what and how I've gotten to these 30 days and to keep the streak going FOREVER.

Hope everyone stays strong today and to finish the month and weekend strong.
LAKERSKB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #174  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I spent a couple hours this afternoon watching Youtube videos about people with binge eating disorder. I haven't binged since late summer but I can still feel the guilt and terrible emotions affiliated with the act.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Krampus, how have you been able to maintain such a low weight (i.e. i assume you're dieting or somehow restricting calories) while recovering from binging? i know one way to recover from binging is to stop dieting...but that's kind of contrary to what we're all trying to do here.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 62/62/55

Height: 169cm

Hi everyone!
Inglesita64 - thanks so much for your kind, welcoming words. They really rang true to a lot of what i have been feeling. I think a big part of it for me, is that feeling of fullness. It is like i HAVE to be full, and i am not settled until i am. I dont know what that it is indicitive of - whether i feel empty in other parts of my life? Anyhow, i just have to learn to re-program the way i eat.

I also have a BIG problem throwing uneaten food out. I always thought it was to do with how i was raised, but reading about the feelings of loss associated with throwing it out, might also have some truth.

It is like food is the answer for every aspect of my life....when i gain weight, when i lose weight, when i am stressed/bored/upset/happy. There is no wrong answer!!

Well today is day one. For me, trigger foods include caffene, sugar and carbs. So it is out with them, at least until i can get a handle of this.

Bring on many new days of a binge free lifestyle!!
cconn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:57 AM   #177  

Hi Cconn

Good to see you here. I can relate to everything you say - especially the bit about food providing an answer for every aspect of your life - that's me all over.
It's a medication for stress and tiredness that has the side effects of making me constantly get depressed over my huge gut, my low self esteem and really keeps me locked in the stinking thinking

However, when I break the chain I start feeling better - for me I have to start doing a little less work and start looking after me.

I hope today is binge free, yesterday was pretty bad but no full on binge.

happy Sunday everyone!
Old 04-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

Binging since thursday night, im done now. I feel more in control of the issue day to day but when i fall off the wagon i am less in control. Went low carb for a week lost 4-5 pounds, went a bit mad, dehydrated and exhausted so 3 carby days ensued, balance balance balance, no more obsessive food watching
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #179  

Swissy, if no-carbs made you feel bad, try low-carb to see if it keeps away the cravings. You may elimiante only refined sugar and cereals, and eat all the rest. Drink a lot of water and keep calm... Cravings diminish a lot, you'll see. But don't go hungry, because you will eat without control if you do. Start over, and never quit!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:43 AM   #180  

Moving on to the last day of April and it will be only one binge this month if I can make it through today - no weight loss though which is a big downer -
have a good day everyone and let's finish April off with a binge free day