3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   April binge-free challenge: keep it under control! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/256045-april-binge-free-challenge-keep-under-control.html)

inglesita64 04-01-2012 03:03 AM

April binge-free challenge: keep it under control!

To new and former friends, let's try once more. We'll try not to binge during April, ok? Why not start with advice? Can you say what has worked for you in the past when you DID succeed in remaining under control?

I will start with my last "finding": I am training myself not to eat the last bite and leave it uneaten on the plate. I feel great when I do that, because it is becoming some kind of ritual that reminds me of my problem, though I have been binge-free for some time now. I never want to forget that no matter how much under control I may be, Mr Hyde is still there...

What have you been doing that has worked for you?

Jalsa 04-01-2012 05:12 AM

I was doing fine and then I got very busy workwise - that means tired, no exercise and back to bingeing because i don't get the opportunity to eat on a regular basis.

New month and new start here comes day1

GettinFit 04-01-2012 10:32 AM

I'd like to join in this challenge this month. I have been having some serious binge issues but I am trying to go through the month of April without one.

I hope everyone has a great month.

danzingurl77 04-01-2012 11:02 AM

Oh I'm SO glad were starting a new month! March seemed rough to me! But it's a new month and I'm ready to kick its butt! ;-)

Something that has worked for me is keeping a journal- ill list off all of the reasons Im stressed and then make another list of everything that I can do to solve the problems- and I get started on it! Helps me stay busy, de/stress, and be productive!

I like that idea Inglesita! :) I think I'll try it through April! I'm totally a plate-licker haha ;-)

Gettinfit- let's do it together! :) a completely binge-free month! I'm excited!

Violet73 04-01-2012 11:08 AM

Have any of you read "Brain Over Binge"? I'm reading it now...

GettinFit 04-01-2012 11:14 AM

OK danzingurl - Let's do it. I will be sure to check in everyday.

Violet - I will definitely check out this book. Let me know if it helps you. Thanks for sharing.

AilsaPearl 04-01-2012 11:36 AM

I also has 2 binges in the past 3 days...I would love to join and try to go the whole month without one! i also threw away my trigger foods (trail mix and peanut butter) and hope that will help! the awful feeling after a binge just isn't worth it! good luck everyone :)

ashori602 04-01-2012 01:03 PM

I find that when I have a lot of time on my hands that's usually when I feel the need to eat my trigger foods :/ I want to try being binge-free this month :D and @AilsaPearl good idea throwing it all out it really isn't worth how you feel afterwards. Good luck you guys!

desiresdestiny 04-01-2012 02:00 PM

I'm in too....
Had a terrible binge last evening and feel awful this morning...I really wanna skip a meal but I don't wanna get into that cycle either :(

mrslosingit 04-01-2012 09:35 PM

still haven't binged since 3/9.i'm in for april too.

surfergirl2 04-01-2012 11:05 PM

Just finished my first real binge in a while (I've had what I considered small binges but not like this) and I feel pretty icky. Now that I remember what my binge foods taste like, they really aren't that great. Mostly I just wanted them because I couldn't have them.

Now that I've been doing IF I've noticed that whatever you eat when you're physically hungry tastes delicious. I was loving the taste of fruit and salads. My binge foods tonight I ate when I was already full. So in my mind they don't taste that good. I think that's a good thing.

ilovemo 04-02-2012 12:10 AM

YES YES YES Im in! :)

Jalsa 04-02-2012 02:48 AM

Happy to be here again today - this is day 2 for me - have a good day everyone

GettinFit 04-02-2012 10:09 AM

Good morning,

Day 1 was good for me. No binges. Working on day 2 now.

Have a great binge free day everyone:)

tyla 04-02-2012 11:16 AM

HAPPY APRIL, EVERYONE!

I'm ready to make this another month that I'm in control. Let's do this thing!

Welcome, all newcomers!

:easter2: