Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #91  
too big to fail

Binged again tonight. I cannot order takeout. The last three binges I had were takeout related! I am frustrated and feel like banging my head against a wall. No more!
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #92  
FLG

S/C/G: 275/266/175

Height: 5'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Binged again tonight. I cannot order takeout. The last three binges I had were takeout related! I am frustrated and feel like banging my head against a wall. No more!

Sorry to hear about your binges. I know that it is extremely frustrating. The bright side is that you are identifying foods that can trigger binges. Sometimes avoiding those trigger foods for a while can keep us on the right track. (I know, it's easier said than done). Hang in there!
FLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #93  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

demosthenes takeout food is definitely one of my trigger foods as well, along with trail mix! just try to limit yourself if you do go out to half the portion and forget it! eating it alone or in your house can change the relationship w/ the food and the scenery and make it harder. good luck...I know where you're coming from
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #94  

Default Tiny urge to binge yesterday

I spent the afternoon with a dear friend with end stage ovarian cancer. Beautiful person and sad to feel the reality of her impending loss. On my way home noticed I was thinking about stopping somewhere to buy a bunch of candy. Remembered the binge pledge and just focused somewhere else. That, at least felt good.
mirabai50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Made it in range another day. Was tempted pretty badly, but came here to post insstead. Ahh, the craving passed.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #96  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Ugh. Okay. So today is supposed to be my off day anyway because I did well on my French oral exam. So I ordered takeout (I feel your pain Demosthenes). I used to be obsessed with this takeout service we have that delivers from like 70 different restaurants in town. Anything you could want. I ordered twice a day, a lot. I ordered today, didn't eat it all but more than half. I'm still under calories but I want to order again, eat more. I'm also having a couple of glasses of wine because, you know, I'm celebrating right? I don't know, if I planned to eat off plan is it a binge when I do? I don't like to eat crap all day even on my off days because it sets a bad precedent and makes me feel out of control. I haven't binged yet but it's like I can feel it coming.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #97  
too big to fail

Today has been a binge free day! Woohoo. Thanks for all your support, guys.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #98  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Whew! Eleven! I've got a good feeling about this month. :-D

Demosthenes- way to get back on track!

Tyla- glad to hear this thread helped

Munchievictim- for me, a binge means its unplanned and out of control. I know I have "trigger foods" that I can't even have a bite of- because it will lead to a binge. However- I do have high calorie days, where I might allow myself a treat, or just get to eat a larger amount of healthy food- whatever I feel like I need. So- if it's planned and you feel in control, I don't think it's a binge at all! Good luck and I hope the rest of your night goes well!

This warm weather I've been in has worked wonders for my carb-cravings... Does anyone else find it easier to stay on track when it's warm and the sun is shining!?
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #99  

Height: 5ft3

Inglesita - that's right we are never cured, I have fallen into that dark hole many, many times and let the bingeing take over, but over time i'm getting to know this dark demon and its triggers . It gives me some weird logic that it will be a cure for all the problems in my life. I've lived in a kind of muddle for quite some time now, not knowing where I want to be - out of the bingeing for 12 days and I can see a little direction coming forward.

Have a great day everyone
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I went about 40 days binge free- my record. Now I'm back down at Day 4. Hopefully, this time I can stick with it.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #101  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
Hang in there Demosthenes - Today is a new day and you get to start fresh. I hope you have a great day!

Congrats to everyone else who was successful.

Yesterday made 11 complete days for me I gotta keep it going!

Have a great day
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #102  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

Well, I'm going to count last night as a binge I only ate two meals all day but they were both high calorie take-out meals and I really binged on wine. Not good. I gained 1 lb back, which I'm not stressed about because it should be easy enought to take off.
The thing that will discourage me from doing it again is how I felt last night. It was incredible. I had a splitting head ache, my stomach hurt, and I woke up randomly at 4 am and was wide awake until like seven. When I was eating like that every day, I felt like that every single day. I would sit up until 4 am every night, I had headaches every other day (bad, debilitating ones) and my stomach was constantly in upset. I knew I felt a little better since I'd started this diet but I had no idea how miserable over-eating made me EVERY SINGLE DAY.
So, I have no desire to binge again today, or any time soon. Here's to day one again, and going strong.
You ladies are my inspiration. Keep going!

Last edited by munchievictim; 04-12-2012 at 10:53 AM.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #103  

Default Day 5

No binge today or this week, but hungry and at the store today needed to remind myself that though I thought I could handle cookies, the reality is that I would not be able to so didn't buy them. Thankfully.

Did buy myself a healthy protein bar, but haven't eaten it yet. Actually forgot about it until just now. That is a first! Hope all are having a good day!
mirabai50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #104  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Though I have been binge-free for more than three months and have been saying it gets easier as time goes by, I have to admit it is not that easy... Now that I am getting more stressed at work, when I get home I have the munchies... Not too hungry, but you know, I open the frindge and gaze, gaze, trying to find something comforting and crunchy. What saved me this evening was an apple: I diced it and heated it in the microwave oven and then ate it with a fork as if it were the chocolate cake that is sitting in the fridge right now and that I never even thought of touching. Hot apple tastes really sweet, and it helped me unwind. I know we should not unwind with food, but ... three months and 12 days binge-free!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #105  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I'm barely hanging on.. Not sure why. I'm not stressed... I had a good day at both jobs... It was even my yoga and bike day, which is usually a breeze. Humph. Maybe I'll just go to bed and hopefully not be so "hungry" tomorrow. Here's to day 12 hopefully...

Keep holding on everyone. I'm determined to hang on until tomorrow- and I want to hear about everyone else succeeding too! :-)
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote