Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #136  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Today was an emotionally tough day. I felt very sad and very tired all day long, and though I thought that eating something I liked could cheer me up, I did not move a finger to get myself something sweet or crunchy --my favourites. Now I feel better, on the one hand because I kept under control, and on the other because the sadness subsided. I attribute that feeling to exhaustion, because I have been working too much. I'll try to eat good food during the weekend and get more sleep.
May you all have a healthy, happy weekend!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Just wnted to check in to say that I've been on track for almost 2 months now. It hasn't always been easy.

Inglesita, congrats for resisting temptation!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 03:16 AM   #138  

Height: 5ft3

Ty Inglesita and Demosthenes for your words of encouragement and so good to see that everyone's doing well - it's been a rocky few days for me with a lot of travelling which is tiring and erratic mealtimes which really upsets my binge free intentions - but it's one day at a time and today I'm back on track
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #139  

S/C/G: Restart 4-28-14 298/280.5/140

Height: 5'3"

ooopsie I've been eating all the wrong stuff -- darn sugar cravings show their ugly head, and before I know it I'm head first into an M & M bag.....sigh
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Yesterday was day 13, and today WILL be day 14
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #141  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

hi ladies,
i have been crazy eating for the last 2 days...i don't know if it is my pms but i hope it is.i crave sweets so much. right now i'm planning what to go buy to store so i can binge. aaaa it's driving me crazy!!! and i just don't know/want to resist it
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #142  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
... I have a date with my scale on Sunday to see what damage, if any, remains from the Easter weekend indulgences and subsequent binge last Monday.
4 pounds! Grrr... that's so disappointing. I have been totally on track since the 10th, so that's not 4 pounds of bloat or water weight.

I know for some people seeing a gain motivates them to kick it into high gear, but for me it's the opposite. Add a death in my family (yesterday) on top of that, and I'm just not feeling it today.

I need some serious encouragement here!
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:46 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
hi ladies,
i have been crazy eating for the last 2 days...i don't know if it is my pms but i hope it is.i crave sweets so much. right now i'm planning what to go buy to store so i can binge. aaaa it's driving me crazy!!! and i just don't know/want to resist it
JUST SAY NO! Is there something else you can do besides going to the store? What about calling up a friend and going out to do something so that you won't binge? I know for me, I would NEVER eat that way in front of someone else.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #144  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Ugh- my day 8 has turned into a disaster. My high day of 2,000 calories somehow turned into 4,000. :,( SWEARWORDS- I'm so sick to my stomach and this overwhelming guilt is all too familiar. I can't seem to go over 1500 calories without losing it. I'm training for a marathon so 1500 is not enough- but anything over that and I lose it. I've had my dance students competing every weekend for 2 months (I teach at three different studios) and still have 3 to go- my girls were having meltdowns left and right today and I am so tired and worn out... And I feel so burnt out from dieting all the time... Sorry for the rant. I'm just so frustrated- eating should not be stressful- but every time I'm hungry or think I'm hungry or it's a mealtime or someone talks about food my heart starts to race and Im out of willpower :,( I don't know what to do. Obviously giving up isn't an option, all these unhealthy foods have made me so sick- why can't I just find a balance. I didn't used to be this way....
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:36 PM   #145  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Sorry- enough about me...

Jossfit- I hope those lbs come off fast- you've done it before and CAN again!

Missinshine- you've always been so inspiring to me, don't fall off the wagon!!

Elizabeth- I hear you on the M&M's. Evil- bite sized addictive binge triggering drugs.

Meganthemishroom- great job on the 14 days. Hope you're still doing well

Jalsa- glad you're back on track- sometimes that's the hardest part.. Finding a way back.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 AM   #146  

Danzingurl I hope that you get through this one ....I really know where you're at.

as for me - I've just taken the decision not to go to a wedding to help keep me binge free for today - sad I know but the wedding means two real red lights in my book - travelling and then unlimited eats, neither are going to do me any good - not today anyway

Last edited by Jalsa; 04-22-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Jossfit- I hope those lbs come off fast- you've done it before and CAN again!...
I spoke with my BFF about it yesterday, and she recommended I weigh myself again today just to see if some of it was stress-related water weight, hormonal, or whatever... and she was right! I was down 2 pounds from yesterday, which I'm definitely okay with.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #148  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

It is hard, of course it is. Food has been our way out of many issues for a long time; it provides instant satisfaction, it is great to self-sabbotage, it is everywhere and designed to trigger more consumption, and we cannot do without it every four-five hours. It is very hard. But it is not the answer and it is not impossible to control.
Let's shut our mouths, say no to unhealthy carbs and fat, and make our lives better. Nobody else can do that for us!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #149  

Thanks for that Inglesita, it's hard - food has been medication for me for so long - I was overeating at the age of 2 because everytime I wanted something i got food shoved in my mouth - but that was then and it only matters what I eat today - we can take care of tomorrow when it comes

I made it through yesterday and today is going good so far-

Have a good day everyone
Old 04-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #150  

This thread seems to have fallen off... what happened?