Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 AM   #151  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

good morning chickies!!

update from my side of the battle plan:
scale is on the up. 178.4 today (so an .8 fluctuation from yesterday- HELLO ICECREAM!!).

it's okay though. fully back on plan today, yesterday was a little on a little off, today is day 17 of the big-ol yoga challenge, my body still feels good, but statistically i know that i need to to a calorie up (mostly drink coconut water and some supplements because im starting to feel like a dried out pepperoni). yum yum haha

big week this week, i am incredibly excited, this weekends boy (not man, boy) drama aside everything is good- because clearly a) i'm a better person. b) im having more fun

i am going skiing again this coming saturday and then again in 2 weeks to a REALLY amazing hill about 2 hours out from where i live with one of my girlfriends and i had originally invited this person to come with- he's almost a pro-skier, and has absolutely no other way of getting to that hill. I WIN!!
sorry, still a little grumpy about the whole (pardon my french) ****-u-ation.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #152  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Ladies!!!
I had a crazy weekend and I'm back at work and cranking out the work!!! I got up late for Church and didn't do my measurements so I will do them this coming Sunday. I should be very happy with myself by this Sunday. On Plan and all.

Been really working on my thinking. I had something unexpected happen and I got so excited that I forgot about catching on posting. We went shopping at stopped in Victoria's Secret. I was looking at the sleepwear they had marked way down and the mediums looked like they may fit but I wasn't sure if they would. I actually went looking for a new bra because the others have gotten too big. So I decided to try on the mediums and THEY FIT!! On one hand I couldn't believe they actually fit. I kept telling my husband that I was shocked because they fit. I never thought of myself in a medium...heck it took me a while to go try on a bra in there. So to get in a medium was way over the top for me!!! I was feeling really good about it but in shock nevertheless. I was going to get online Saturday and tell you all but it was really late when we got home and I was tired. ANYWHO!!! YAY ME!!! Now I'm on a mission to get too small for all the clothes that are in my possession. I want a new wardrobe I think I have found my new look...not trashy but sexy!!

Let's make today an awesome day!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:56 AM   #153  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Way to go Jiggle! That's super exciting about the medium VS jammies!

Stimkov, you'll lose that .8 quickly. How fun your ski trip sounds!

I weighed in this morning at 221, so another pound down! I'm so ready to get out of the 20's I'll feel like I'm not so far away then.

I'm soooo trying not to look back, but I just can't help but shake my head at myself. When I reached One-derland before, I swore I'd never get above 200 again. When I went over, I wasn't as devastated as I should have been. I should have gotten my rear in gear RIGHT THEN! Oh well, woulda, shoulda, coulda...

One thing I'm doing differently this time around, I'm weighing in EVERY DAY. I played around with it too much last time and I know myself better now and know that I need that daily reminder whether good or bad to keep going in the right direction. The only days I won't w/i is whenI'm on TOM.

Ok, off to do some more work! Have a tremendous Tuesday chickies!
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

Just checking in, I kind of forgot about this thread...

I've been doing well. I'm 4 pounds down as of last Friday and from the look of things, this week is going to be a good weigh in also. ^_^ So I have nearly a month to lose 6 pounds for the challenge. I've got this!

Feeling rather proud of myself today. I'm doing a weight loss challenge in my town (first place prize is a year membership to Anytime Fitness!) and our weigh ins are on Tuesdays. I weighed 4 pounds less than last week! Now, I know part of that is water, since I was 2 days from TOM at the first weigh in, but I'll still take it. It looks good for the contest anyway.

Plus, my calories are really low today. By time I get off work at 7, I'll only have had about 500 calories, so that leaves a good amount (700) left for dinner. Which is great, since the last couple of days haven't been very good. (darn TOM hungries!)

Plus, I got a wild hair and did a little extra exercise this morning. I go to Anytime Fitness (as part of the contest) for half an hour tonight and I take an hour long light weight training/cardio class on M/W/F, but I felt like doing a little more today so I did half an hour of Just Dance on the Wii. Ok, not the most intense exercise, but it's fun and really does get the heart pumping!
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #155  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

I was on the high end of my calorie range yesterday but still in range. Today, I am not sure how many I have eaten honestly. We went to see some sites in the historical area and walked around for a few hours. BUT we also stopped by the chocolatier and I have had one small cashew turtle and probably 1.5 ounces of a decadent fudge. We went out for lunch and I ordered a small bowl of chili and a diet soda. I have no idea how to count today so I decided to just eat as normally as possible with my planned dinner and continue on hoping not to do much damage. It was a rare treat for us to get out so I am seriously not gonna sweat it. Besides, I also did some upper body and abs work along with 15 minutes on the recumbent bike ~3miles, good for taking off about 150 cals on top of all of the walking around we did when we were out. It was so nice to get out on such a bright, warm, sunny day.

Tomorrow it's on.... I am just a few pounds away from breaking into wonderland for this challenge and I want to make it happen! Just shy of a month left, plenty of time to see big results!

Last edited by 4star; 01-17-2012 at 07:14 PM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Fit Bit came in the mail yesterday. I really think this is going to help
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #157  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieyarb View Post
Way to go
The only days I won't w/i is whenI'm on TOM.
- AGREED. I refuse to weigh in (in or around) TOM. nobody wants to know that stuff, and the weigh in might make me resolve to chocolate (which is okay, but not the best method of action).

- today is 178.0 i'm still in cheat days because my mom brought up some russian food that i a) don't cook for myself b) don't know how to cook, and c) would have absolutely no way of calculating. my method of action has been to eat as regularly as possible and to eat the russian food (most of it is protein based) as i would any other protein, on a salad or with some steamed veg. trying to keep the carbs pretty lean. I have one more portion of this russian shnitzel-type thing that is DELICIOUS. after tonight, back to clean clean clean (but up the calories) as today is day 18 of the yoga challenge and I WANT TO EAT THE WORLD. I am also going to try to refrain from any cheat days this weekend in order to balance out. it's hard to know my real weight right now though until the 30th of the month because my body retains water like crazy when i do too much yoga so, around the 1st or 2nd of the month is when i'll have a good measure/weight to update. I think im actually going to shoot for the 172 by vday. and the big bad -100 (169 for the end of feb). THAT would be amazing.

Jiggle, SUPER exciting. Don't you also love the whole rational "oh i'm going to try an xl, of wait too big? gotta try a L, oh wait, that's still too big? do clothes even go below a L??? It's a great feeling lol
Old 01-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #158  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!
Had a great day yesterday. I feel like it's going to be another good one. I am having lots of fun. I have to keep up with what's going on with me so I can have a NSV on Friday.

Stimkovs...I was looking at the xl thinking they look too big but then I saw the large and thought that may be it but I opted to try on the medium first because it looked like it may fit. Sometimes looking like the large may fit is when I find out it's too big or it is a good fit. It is really cool to have those kind of surprises. Going shopping to try on smaller clothes is how I used to keep track of my losses when I initially started. Now I know why...its so rewarding!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

toobig, I'm excited to hear about your Fitbit!

I'm doing great on most things, but not on this challenge! I'm thinking maybe the timing wasn't right. My original plan was to maintain for awhile, and then go for the last ten pounds later in the spring, rather than do it now. So I'm beginning to think that was the right plan. Because that's what seems to be happening. My life is not allowing for enough activity to lose weight, and I'm not willing to eat less, apparently. Too much stress at the moment.

So I think I will be happy with maintaining for now, and if weight loss happens, that's fine too.

I'm changing my challenge goal to "stay under 135." And I'll probably go for weight loss at the next challenge (Warmer weather! 5k season!)
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #160  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimkovs View Post
- AGREED. I refuse to weigh in (in or around) TOM. nobody wants to know that stuff, and the weigh in might make me resolve to chocolate (which is okay, but not the best method of action).

- today is 178.0 i'm still in cheat days because my mom brought up some russian food that i a) don't cook for myself b) don't know how to cook, and c) would have absolutely no way of calculating. my method of action has been to eat as regularly as possible and to eat the russian food (most of it is protein based) as i would any other protein, on a salad or with some steamed veg. trying to keep the carbs pretty lean. I have one more portion of this russian shnitzel-type thing that is DELICIOUS. after tonight, back to clean clean clean (but up the calories) as today is day 18 of the yoga challenge and I WANT TO EAT THE WORLD. I am also going to try to refrain from any cheat days this weekend in order to balance out. it's hard to know my real weight right now though until the 30th of the month because my body retains water like crazy when i do too much yoga so, around the 1st or 2nd of the month is when i'll have a good measure/weight to update. I think im actually going to shoot for the 172 by vday. and the big bad -100 (169 for the end of feb). THAT would be amazing.

169 by the end of Feb sounds reasonable to me and you're definitely working your butt off for it!

How are you feeling with the yoga challenge? Are you fatigued or are you feeling good?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #161  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglefree View Post
Good morning everyone!!
Had a great day yesterday. I feel like it's going to be another good one. I am having lots of fun. I have to keep up with what's going on with me so I can have a NSV on Friday.

Stimkovs...I was looking at the xl thinking they look too big but then I saw the large and thought that may be it but I opted to try on the medium first because it looked like it may fit. Sometimes looking like the large may fit is when I find out it's too big or it is a good fit. It is really cool to have those kind of surprises. Going shopping to try on smaller clothes is how I used to keep track of my losses when I initially started. Now I know why...its so rewarding!!

jiggle- on your medium!!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #162  
Dedicated Yogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4star View Post
169 by the end of Feb sounds reasonable to me and you're definitely working your butt off for it!

How are you feeling with the yoga challenge? Are you fatigued or are you feeling good?
hey! thank you so much for the encouragement.

the yoga challenge is going well, far better then it went in november (first time around is always hardest).

i have lots of sore muscles, joints are starting to hurt, back hurts, super dehydrated etc - unfortunately this is something that is very expected. I made it to yesterday without electrolyte supplements which is awesome, i think i started using them around day 11 or 12 last time around, im hoping to hold off on the coconut water for another week or so - it's a great rehydrator, but it's a calorie bomb, and makes you retain water weight.

from here on out the scale will unfortunately only go uphill until the very end because the body goes into this really defensive mode of "I DON'T LIKE YOU. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS???" sadistic right? but the benefits are exceptional, especially after 2 or so rest days when you've had time to get rid of all the water lol

who ever thought yoga would be so challenging??
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #163  

S/C/G: (HW 247) 241/215/199

Height: 5'- 4 1/2"

Stimkovs - The Russian food sounds wonderful. My daughter is Russian, her name is Dasha. I've never had the Schnitzel type thing you're describing, though. I'd wondered if you were Russian, by your name. I think your new plan, of the end of Feb for your big 100 lost goal, sounds like a great idea!

Hope everyone is having a great day today! Drink, drink, drink your water!!
susieyarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! Looks like some nice progress is going on!
Jiggle: I'm very happy for you!! It is always exciting to go down a size, but even more exciting when it's unexpected!! Awesome work!

The last few days have been pretty good. I've been averaging about 1500 calories and exercising pretty hard. I got new running shoes and those worked out well today for my run. I think my WI on Friday will be showing down, which I'm happy about! I also plan to take measurements for my NSV on Friday as well.

Anyhow.. later chickies!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Back after a long break. Since I'm a little late...my goal is 4lbs by Feb 14.

SW: 194.8
GW: 190.8
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote