3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

krjpy 09-24-2008 10:04 AM

Faerie - Good luck on the wedding, the 18th is my birthday and my anniversary is on the 25th one week later, so October is the best month!

Blue Serenity 09-24-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportmom (Post 2376151)
Are you also using some time of online food tracking system like FitDay, Daily Plate, or Spark? I think that IE can be a total disaster unless you are tracking. After eating on plan initially, I am always starving, even after a full bowl of oatmeal. My body quickly gets used to eating too much and if I didn't track, it could lead me to doom.

I was logging everything I ate for about a month while counting calories but it seemed to add fuel to the fire as far as getting sick of tracking, weighing, counting, measuring. It got old fast. Last year I lost weight with IE and I didn't log anything. Problem was I really didn't have any accountability then and eventually went back to bad eating habits and gained it all back (and more).

Now I need to go read the umpteen pages I missed (lol) ...

Blue Serenity 09-24-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin4Good (Post 2376908)
as you go through and see people you would like to reply through, just click on the quotation mark button. Then, on the last person you are going to reply to (after you click on the quotation mark in their box) you click on the "quote" button. - That should bring you to the reply page with each person's statements in quotes. Then you can go through and edit out what you don't need and insert your comments in between each person.

OOOOOOOooohhhh! Thanks! I knew there had to be more to it! lol

krjpy 09-24-2008 10:10 AM

OK, for all you multi quote challenged people.

For each post you want to reply to something that was in it, you need to click on the button in the bottom right of the post that has a piece of paper with a " on it and a +. Once you do that, the blue background of the button should turn redish in color letting you know you selected it. Once you have finished selecting all the posts you want to respond to, go the bottom of any page and click the "Post Reply" button and you will get the reply screen with ALL the posts you wanted to quote in it.

NOW for the hard part, edit the quoted posts to remove what you are not referencing, BUT do not remove the formating that looks something like [QUOTE] from before AND after the entire quote only take out the stuff in the middle you are not going to respond to. If you remove the [QUOTE] formating, the quote is going to look funny when you post.

When you are done responding to each of your quotes, post it.

Tutorial done:D

suitejudyblueeyes 09-24-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2376721)
I'm in a bit of a fog today. Have been ever since telling my boss that I'm quitting.

I was just talking about this with a coworker - exactly how do you live out those last days, knowing you're leaving? I bet you are SUPER excited to be out of that job. I am excited for you! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin4Good (Post 2376782)
oh- and a total NSV..... DH told me this morning that my butt felt small. :lol:

AWESOME! :whoo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2376897)
Yesterday was a good binge-free day for me. One day at a time. I tried the restricting diets but I think it is the restriction that causes me to binge.

That is key - One day at a time, don't expect miracles. It was exactly at the point that I chose to relax around food instead of being hyper-vigilant that my bingeing stopped. (And by relaxed I don't mean that I stopped caring, I just stopped being militant about what I could/couldn't eat.) Good luck, that is one tough battle to fight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2376636)
Onederland!!!

YES! :celebrate:

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2376648)
OK, the best that can be said about this week if that even though I was horrible eatingwise (at least horrible for what I should be doing, but not TOTALLY out of control) I still managed a loss.

A very small loss of 0.4 lbs. ... I need help with my eating. I have been very stressed and using that as an excuse to eat poorly.

Here is a suggestion put forth by my WW leader, which I REALLY like. On a bunch of small scraps of paper, write down activities you can do when you're stressed. Anything you feel is relaxing/therapeutic. Lay on the floor in a quiet room. Listen to relaxing music. Take a bath. Go for a walk. Exercise. Knit. Read. Anything you think you could actually use to divert yourself, to give you a minute to re-figure your priorities (which do not lay in the bottom of a bag of chips). Put these pieces of paper in a bowl and keep it around for when you need to divert yourself. It's like a game :)

And CONGRATS on your loss. No matter how small, every loss should be celebrated!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas (Post 2376697)
So, today's goal: I will do my C25k and I will go back to the fitness center for another round of the weight machines.

How'd it go, Rhonda? You went, right? :twirly:

Ooh, loving this multi-quote thing. I always thought people formatted it all out themselves in a Word doc or something. :love: It makes posts longer but I think they are easier to read, it's certainly easier to respond to more people this way!

So I ran last night 2.2 miles, and I managed to get a TM in front of a mirror - that was a new experience. I've never watched myself run. First thought - I NEED a new sports bra :eek: Those ladies are just flying all around! Second thought - the guy on the bike behind me is totally staring at my butt. :p Third thought - holy thigh muscles, batman! :D

I am really hoping to break into new territory by the end of the week. I am sick of the 185/186 dance I am doing. TOM is over, no more hormonal excuses, I should be losing. Present indications say no, though... But I'll wait til Saturday to make it official. I am itching to officially cross the 30lb threshold and to head further towards the 170's... I remember the first time I weighed myself at home in 9th grade or so, I was already in the 180s, so who knows how long it's been since I've seen 170's... exciting times!

Anyhow, I'm hoping BL is up online already, going to spend my lunch hour watching. This is the first season I'm actually watching, I had never seen the show before...

Hope everyone is having a happy hump day! :D

dixied 09-24-2008 10:28 AM

Djay - :bravo:

Kelly - :frypan:

me - :stress:

Lovely 09-24-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2376921)
Faerie - Good luck on the wedding, the 18th is my birthday and my anniversary is on the 25th one week later, so October is the best month!

I've got a friend whose birthday is the 18th, too! And my parent's 40th wedding anniversary is the 19th, and that's also a dear old friends birthday. So October is definitely a wonderful time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2376952)
I was just talking about this with a coworker - exactly how do you live out those last days, knowing you're leaving? I bet you are SUPER excited to be out of that job. I am excited for you! :D

Well, I can tell you what I'm doing! :lol: I'm finishing my work... but I must admit, it's getting more & more difficult to focus. And since I'm not getting included on e-mails/meeting notes about the future, I have more time to browse 3FC :D

djay 09-24-2008 10:45 AM

I'l try another multi-quote later today when I have more time. I try not to create any more split personalities!

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for all the support! It's humbling really:o!

I'm loving it here in Onederland and I have no intention of ever leaving! I can't wait to see more blue faces here!

When I arrived in Onederland I found out that the reason that I had such a difficult time getting the door open was that there was someone blocking the door (the only unfriendly face I've seen here). So when You get here...if you have trouble getting in...just knock 3 times, wait 15 seconds then knock twice. That way I'll know it is one of my blue friends and I'll go jump that someone who tries to block the door!

PSSST!...DO NOT give them the secret blue knock!

them=Red Team Shhhhh!

Lawrencia 09-24-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Ladies....
I have news....
In a word....

Onederland!!!

:flow1::broc::broc::broc::flow1:
:woohoo::woohoo:

Wow, that's just fantastic!!!! Good job!

Blue Serenity 09-24-2008 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixotica (Post 2376457)
to keep house plants alive you gotta get the totally maintenance free ones, cactus, succulents, spiderplants...stuff that needs watering every one to four months:) and make you feel like you have a green thumb!

haha! I love it ... this is me totally. I'm all for self-maintaining plants!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2376952)
I was just talking about this with a coworker - exactly how do you live out those last days, knowing you're leaving?

I once quit a job to take another job and during my final two weeks my new job fell thru! I had to pretty much crawl back to my boss and ask for my job back. Talk about an akward situation. He ended up letting me go a few months after that, he knew I didn't want to be there so he was all to happy to replace me. It all worked out tho. I really did NOT want to be there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krjpy (Post 2376940)
OK, for all you multi quote challenged people.

Once you do that, the blue background of the button should turn redish in color letting you know you selected it.

OK, I must have a stupid browser or something because when I click it it turns red and automatically takes me to the reply page. I have to hit the back button to go back to the thread to select more posts. Something is not working right for me. This is even worse than formatting it myself! Am I doing something wrong?

AND congrats to the losers! :yay: I would quote you all but as you can see I'm not having much success getting this multi-quote thing down.

kissingginger 09-24-2008 11:09 AM

Onederland !!! WOW!!! that just seems so far off for me.

Okay, so today, I have a huge sore throat. I'm off to the Doctor to make sure it's not Strep again. (i just had strep two weeks ago). Doh! Makes me mad, now I can't go to the gym tonight and I HAVE to rest.

Have a great day everyone!
Cheers, Ginger

mountain mama 09-24-2008 11:11 AM

thingood:i remember the first day my DH told me my butt was getting small! hehe It was a good feeling.. but he was upset. He was like.. NO keep your butt! hehe but that's his way of complement. He's really struck on letting me know that e loves me no matter what-but totally supports and helps me with my lifechange.

Faerie: congrats on an upcoming wedding!! I just got married and moved the US from Canada.. so i'm in between jobs and looking for some schooling too. It is liberating and move nd start afresh, isn't it??? Minus my indecisivness.. start anew is great! haha. Good luck with everything, girl!

Maybe it's because I am a new army wife.. but does anyone else watch that show.. army wives? Im starting from the beginning nd trying to catch up with the new season.

Nori71 09-24-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2377079)
Something is not working right for me. This is even worse than formatting it myself! Am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, there must be a glitch - if I hit the middle button with the pic of the page and the + on it it just turns red also. Then after I get done reading though all the zillion pages I hit the post reply button on the mid-lower page (Above the fast reply box) and they all appear. Sorry you are frustrated with it. I would be also.

Quote:

Ladies....I have news....In a word....
Onederland!!!

OMG!!!! Did you do a little dance?!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by going to lose 200 (Post 2376698)
Will be gone until Tuesday night of next week.

Chellez beat me to it, but I wanted to make sure you put your weight in this morning before you leave also! We need you on this team and would have to see you use up both freebies so early on...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2376714)
I don't care for the Lara bars either. Luna bars are healthy, never fear. Luna's and Clif's are definitely on the healthy side!

Thanks. Have you tried the kid's clif's? They are really good. And my girls like them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2376775)
Getting hitched. Moving near Boston, Mass. Going to go back to school to get a degree in <insert degree idea here>.

The fiancee has a career, and I have a job. It was pretty clear that I was the one who would relocate. And I love change, so I'm excited about it. :)

How fun! I've never relocated. Seems like it would be fun. Except I never want to leave the Pacific Northwest. I could move to Portland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin4Good (Post 2376782)
oh- and a total NSV..... DH told me this morning that my butt felt small. :lol:

Woohoo! Feels good, huh?!

I have a very busy day here...so will probably not be on again until tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

Nori71 09-24-2008 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2377106)
thingood:i remember the first day my DH told me my butt was getting small! hehe It was a good feeling.. but he was upset. He was like.. NO keep your butt!

My husband prefers a round butt also. He obviously cares most of all that I get healthy...but has mourned the butt shrinking going on.:dizzy:

mountain mama 09-24-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2377140)
My husband prefers a round butt also. He obviously cares most of all that I get healthy...but has mourned the butt shrinking going on.:dizzy:

We will just have to focus on stairclimbing and lunges to keep our butts in shape! haha