3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

krjpy 09-24-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2377009)
I've got a friend whose birthday is the 18th, too! And my parent's 40th wedding anniversary is the 19th, and that's also a dear old friends birthday. So October is definitely a wonderful time!

OK, this is just too weird, my parent's anniversary is the 19th of October. Now for those of you who are going, wait she was born on the 18th and he parent's were married on the 19th ... I was a 1 day early 6th anniversay present.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2376990)
Kelly - :frypan:

me - :stress:

Thanks for the :frypan: I need it too because I = :stress:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2377079)
OK, I must have a stupid browser or something because when I click it it turns red and automatically takes me to the reply page. I have to hit the back button to go back to the thread to select more posts. Something is not working right for me. This is even worse than formatting it myself! Am I doing something wrong?

No, I would say that has to be a browser thing ... either that our you are "specially challenged" just remember ... multi-quoted or not, we love you, and in the immotral words of Dora (from Finding Nemo) "Just keep posting ... just keep posting" :lol: BTW ... I multi-quoted following my instructions and it obviously liked me better ... at least something is going right for me this week.

Dumplin 09-24-2008 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin4Good (Post 2376908)
as you go through and see people you would like to reply through, just click on the quotation mark button. Then, on the last person you are going to reply to (after you click on the quotation mark in their box) you click on the "quote" button. - That should bring you to the reply page with each person's statements in quotes. Then you can go through and edit out what you don't need and insert your comments in between each person.

HTH

I am practicing this double quote thing! I did'nt know!
[QUOTE=krjpy;2376940]OK, for all you multi quote challenged people.

For each post you want to reply to something that was in it, you need to click on the button in the bottom right of the post that has a piece of paper with a " on it and a +. Once you do that, the blue background of the button should turn redish in color letting you know you selected it. Once you have finished selecting all the posts you want to respond to, go the bottom of any page and click the "Post Reply" button and you will get the reply screen with ALL the posts you wanted to quote in it.

NOW for the hard part, edit the quoted posts to remove what you are not referencing, BUT do not remove the formating that looks something like [QUOTE] from before AND after the entire quote only take out the stuff in the middle you are not going to respond to. If you remove the
Quote:

formating, the quote is going to look funny when you post.

When you are done responding to each of your quotes, post it.

Tutorial done:D
....and now I do! Thanks for sharing the info!

Dumplin 09-24-2008 12:04 PM

I still think I have something wrong with the double quotes (look above)

Lovely 09-24-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumplin (Post 2377220)
I still think I have something wrong with the double quotes

no no no... you did it right, I'll explain in a moment.

Lovely 09-24-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dumplin (Post 2377212)
I am practicing this double quote thing! I did'nt know

....and now I do! Thanks for sharing the info!

Kelly's quote came out looking a little weird when you quoted it yourself due to the content of her post. You'll note she used ['quote'] twice. She did not, however use ['/quote']. Had she, it would've formed a proper quote box. Since she only used the first half... when you went & quoted it, your ['/quote'] matched up with her ['quote'] box, and not the one at the very beginning.

You can even type in your own quote boxes if you want.

Quote:

You can even type in your own quote boxes if you want.
['quote']You can even type in your own quote boxes if you want.['/quote']

Dumplin 09-24-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2377222)
no no no... you did it right, I'll explain in a moment.

I think i am responding to a quote.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2377233)
Kelly's quote came out looking a little weird when you quoted it yourself due to the content of her post. You'll note she used ['quote'] twice. She did not, however use ['/quote']. Had she, it would've formed a proper quote box. Since she only used the first half... when you went & quoted it, your ['/quote'] matched up with her ['quote'] box, and not the one at the very beginnin

You can type in your own quote boxes

['quote']You can even type in your own quote boxes if you want.['/quote']

This is only a test

Nori71 09-24-2008 12:23 PM

What am I still doing online?????
Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2377180)
We will just have to focus on stairclimbing and lunges to keep our butts in shape! haha

Yes! I go plenty of both! My fav cardio machine is the StepMill (sort of like a short escalator) and I go many varieties of lunges. I intend to have a nice backside!

Now I'm going to get going on my day!

Dumplin 09-24-2008 12:23 PM

Thank you Faerie!!!:hug:

Mrs Snark 09-24-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2376775)
Getting hitched. Moving near Boston, Mass. Going to go back to school to get a degree in <insert degree idea here>.

Oooo, Boston is full of schools, which one are you planning on attending! I love Boston, such a great town!

Lovely 09-24-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2377319)
Oooo, Boston is full of schools, which one are you planning on attending! I love Boston, such a great town!

Still undecided. Leaning towards UMass Lowell at the moment. But, you're right there are a ton of schools in the area. So when I get up there, I'll be doing more research and some visiting.

Manick 09-24-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2376952)
Third thought - holy thigh muscles, batman! :D

:whoo: Looking forward to the 30# pics, Suite!

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2377031)
I'm loving it here in Onederland and I have no intention of ever leaving!

HUGE :bravo: DJ! :cp: When I got there I was so excited I took a picture of my scale :D

Manick 09-24-2008 01:10 PM

Hey Blue team!

I actually SLEPT last night :carrot: I'm much better today, if a little groggy.

I am not a fan of the Luna bars...they seem like candy bars to me and are rather sweet for my taste. I love Clif bars and am really enjoying the new Maple Nut flavor! I also like Greens+ energy bars occasionally; I learned about those listening to Jillian talk about them on her radio show so I feel good knowing they are Jillian-approved. ;)

Boston is such a great town, so much history and so many cultures and art centers and places to walk and explore, you're going to have a great time, Faerie!

I'm off to run in the beautiful fall sunshine! Hoping for more running today and less walking now that I'm sleep fortified. I've gotta be out there every last second! :running:

irishkatt 09-24-2008 01:17 PM

Oct is a great month, my birthday on the 2nd, my bros on the 13th and a wedding (for which i need to loose another 7lbs to fit into a dress for!) on the 18th.

TechieMom 09-24-2008 01:25 PM

Wow.........I'm sooo far behind again!

Congrats to Djay for reaching Onederland!! That's so exciting.

To everyone else....I have you all have a great OP day!

I'll try and catch up later, the multi-quote thing is cool.

just keep swimming 09-24-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2377319)

Boston IS a great town! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2377327)
Still undecided. Leaning towards UMass Lowell at the moment. But, you're right there are a ton of schools in the area. So when I get up there, I'll be doing more research and some visiting.

Hey I worked at UMass Amherst last summer! Yep, LOTS of schools around here.