3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

tnangel 09-23-2008 01:25 AM

Missed weigh in.....

didn't get my name on cheat sheet
My Goal for the biggest loser is 40 lbs.....

Sorry :sorry: everyone I have missed being on here for a few days. Me and my family are being hammered with a stomach virus :barf: I promise to get back on track! Anyway my weight is 222lbs. (-4lbs) :cp:.

My goal for next 5 years is to reach and maintain my goal weight, finish earning my RN degree and most importantly spend as much quality time with my family as I can.

Angel

kissingginger 09-23-2008 01:45 AM

Hi everyone,

Went to the gym and I feel energized and great...except now, it's 10:45pm, and I really should be hitting bedtime soon. I finished at the gym at 9pm. I'm not used to exercising, let alone later in the evening and I just feel off?? Does anyone else feel this way. I feel kinda wound up? What do you other later in the evening exercisers do to calm down?

topic of the day (or is it week?) - I like the spin bike. It's my favorite because it makes me sweat and raises my heart rate fast and I love to push myself -so I play games with myself to go faster, harder, or longer. I find I can really "toddle" along on the treadmill or elliptical if I'm not paying attention.

Okay, off for more surfing and then try to hit a pillow soon.
Cheers,
Ginger

Doragone 09-23-2008 03:52 AM

Whew - what a workout! Reading the Blue Team chat that is - must be worth at least 100 calories!?!

About the mandatory chat thing - I can see both sides of the issue - come to receive and give support and/or consumed with other business/family/shyness. Kelly addressed this well, too. I lean more toward the essential premise is to share in each other's struggles and triumphs to help us all beat this disease. Yes, disease. Obesity is the biggest killer, stemming from low self esteem, upbringing and hordes of other causes. But it is beatable - and from latest writings I've read, those who succeed have this in common - SUPPORT. Though I do think the non-contributors will eventually weed themselves out, Chelle gives so much of her time to keeping this group high functioning that I will go along with her decision(s) on this matter.

Donna - so glad you let your fingers do the "talking" and keep you from eating. I'm still impressed with your loss! And on the bad men choices - we could start our own Biggest Loser show on that one.

Jen - I'm proud of your "the past is the past - I'll just learn from it and move on" attitude. Helps me too.

Anjuli - 6 days in a row of exercise? Anjuli? Did I just see a pig fly? No, honestly - very proud of you because I remember how you hated exercise last challenge. And thanks for your support of my teeny .2 loss. i also like your "twisted" plan to not go off plan - in having to do more exercise. That'll do it.

Jaime - I'll have to pass on to you Anjuli's encouragement - a loss is a loss. Now that TOM is over, don't make me don my frock - get out there and run.

Mannick - I'm "so very proud" of you too!!! You are sticking with it and encouraging all of us at the same time. Like you , I am very proud of this team too, with losses like . .

Ginger and Tammy (dumpling) - like Donna said WOW (she said it bigger and better). It just goes to show what Lori's (flowingair) tag line says "Nothing great is ever acheived without great effort." So true, so true, and you guys are proof.

Denise - going on an "adventure" spa? Tell me more. That sounds like a great reward. I'm planning a reward of possibly laser hair removal on my legs when I reach the 50 pound loss mark, then maybe a spa thing like you for 75 pounds, then at 100 a cruise, likely to Hawaii.

Tammy (itsgreat2beme) - I agree it's great when people are so honest, it is so refreshing - so you gain - it's life and that's why we're here. And the big 4-0? Think of me, 2 more to the big 6-0!!! As for weight, you and I are at almost the exact same place going for about the same goal. Happy upcoming birthday by the way.

Happy Birthday Jessica too!

Melanie - congrats on packing up all your food, cooking ahead - that shows real dedication to your goals. Fran and Abby gave some good hints on adding to the oatmeal too. I use Torianni or DaVinci SF coffee syrups for part of the boiling water (my current favorite is SF German Chocolate Cake). I then put FF half and half and fruit and yummmmmy!

Thanks for asking Nori - yeah - we are still getting tons of tomatoes, spaghetti, crook neck and zuchinni squash, lemon cucumbers, green peppers and have some pumpkins coming up too. Oh and 5 huge sunflowers I'm getting ready to harvest. Now I've got to get it ready for fall green manure planting - it never ends. We're getting our gazebo up too, pics later when things slow down here on the thread.

As for me, I had a little off time this weekend, ate a half a hot dog and some marble cake with jelly filling, so not so surprising only .2 loss. Otherwise I've been fully OP with diet and exercise and in fact my arms were rubbery after this mornings WO. I use WATP and Turbo Jam DVDs and like someone else, have oodles more, but these two keep me going for now. I had tried running, but injured my knee so what I do now is the dvds and free weights.

The acupuncture is done by someone else and I know it works for pain (for me at least.) There was one treatment I particularly remember, that I recall asking her if I was smiling too much and was glad I had someone to drive me home because i was so-o-o-o relaxed. All I can say is, it works for me.

Bye for now

Dora

Iconised Ghost 09-23-2008 05:03 AM

i have heard that accupuncture can have amazing results (i study health psychology), its great to hear that its working for you. I have an old hip injury that flares up every now and again, and i ahve considered accupuncture for it, but the injury is right on the bone and the idea of needles there gives me the heebee jeebees :o I know it would be pain free, but still!

mj5 09-23-2008 06:03 AM

Good Morning!

Last night I went through my side of the closet and moved some things around--I pulled out some capris and jeans that are too big (yea!). I need to do the same things w/ shirts, but I ran out of time. Some pants that were too small, fit again! Yippee!

I was just looking at my calendar and realized that I have been OP for 35 days straight! it would have been 46, but I forgot to eat breakfast one day!!!! I cannot believe it. I cannot start taking things for granted. I have to keep doing what works.

Congrats to everyone on weigh ins this week!!!

staja 09-23-2008 06:50 AM

Oh my! I was looking over the list of weigh ins this morning, and we have some amazing losses for the past week! Excellent work, Blue Team! It is so inspiring to see so many of working towards the same goal (and I feel so motivated to work out and stay on plan, because I don't want to let you all down!)

Best of luck, as we start a new week!

Manick 09-23-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kofarq (Post 2374586)
We sneak :s: over to the RED chat thread, :devil: MOON :yes: them, and then steal all their cheese! Don't tell! And don't mention my name! All right? Let's GO!!!

:rofl: (wait....er...cheese? I might have missed something...)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2374600)
This weekend went OK, diet-wise. I little high on the calories, but also lots of walking on the beach.

Hope you had a good time Nori, welcome back!:wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doragone (Post 2374660)
Whew - what a workout! Reading the Blue Team chat that is - must be worth at least 100 calories!?!.........
Mannick - I'm "so very proud" of you too!!! You are sticking with it and encouraging all of us at the same time.

Ha ha! I wish reading burned more calories, it would become my "favorite" exercise!

And...Thanks Dora! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mj5 (Post 2374680)
I was just looking at my calendar and realized that I have been OP for 35 days straight!

Awesome! Good job! :cb:

djay 09-23-2008 07:42 AM

Dora! You are so amazing! I don't know how you remember so many names and details to do all of those personals. But your posts are always so positive and helpful!

I read all of the posts and laugh and cry and celebrate all along the way with you all...but when it comes to responding...my mind goes blank on who said what and lost how much and is doing what workout! We have some tough competitors on this team.I am very impressed and inspired by some of the workout schedules that you keep. I know I can't be satisfied with my little 30 min. a day walk. I have been reall pushing to keep up!

I'm still in the 'force myself to excersise' group. The "twistsed excersise" theory of staying OP so that I don't have to do more excersise makes perfect sense to me! So I guess I'm twisted also!

So Onderland has been calling...I hit 200.8 on Wed. of last week and got stuck there. I'm pretty sure Onderland is closed for maintenance...because no matter what I do...I can't seem to get in! :) I was sure after doing an extra hour of walking yesterday...today would be the day. I jumped out of bed when the alarm went off...ran to the scale...it seemed to take forever for the numbers to appear...200.0...AAARRRGGGHHH. Why can't I get in? Is there someone I need to bribe? Very frustrating!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-23-2008 07:55 AM

Good morning, Bluesers!

Today is on-plan day #9. Calorie counting and eating healthy is working well. I'm clear headed and optimistic for the first time in quite a while. The only problem I'm having right now is that I'm very very sore from my weight machine workout on Sunday. You should see me trying to sit or go up the stairs! :D I was planning on going back for more weights today, but I think I'll need to postpone that for another day. Today, I will do another 60 minutes of the beginner's running program despite the pain.

Kori - I'm all for raiding the red team. However, I think I better take fresh veggies and fruits instead of the cheese. Cheese is dangerous for me!

MJ - 35 days on-plan! :carrot:
Angel - Congratulations on your 4 pound loss! Hope you and your family get well quickly.

I'm playing catchup today at work to make up for my 2 days vacation. Should be a fun day. :dizzy:

Have a great on-plan day!

:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: GO BLUE! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Mrs Snark 09-23-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah25 (Post 2374103)
Hi team. Just wanted to share that I am in love with my Garmin Forerunner.

Whoa there sister, that's my boyfriend you're talking about! ;) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Forerunner, it is my favorite gadget of all time. It is so motivating isn't it? I rush right in from my runs and plug that sucker in so I can intensely examine every piece of data is collected. It's just the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2374327)
Perhaps we could all leave the past in the past and resolve to do our best to support one another during THIS challenge with a spirit of good sportsmanship and friendly competitiveness! I, for one, am really not interested in seeing a re-hash of past BL challenges.

Today is a new day, let's make the best of it folks! :cool:

Right on, I say. RIGHT ON!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2374357)
What's your favorite form of exercise/activity?

I love running. Love it with a passion. I particularly love it since I spent the majority of my life thinking I could never be a runner and envying those who could. I was the most shocked person in the world to discover that I could indeed run, it just took time and effort and PATIENCE to get there. Now that I can run I just want to hug it, and squeeze it, and love it to death.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2374738)
Dora! You are so amazing! I don't know how you remember so many names and details to do all of those personals. But your posts are always so positive and helpful!

Dora is a goddess isn't she! She's is so encouraging and delightful and sweet! I'm so glad we have her on the Blue Team!

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2374738)
So Onderland has been calling...I hit 200.8 on Wed. of last week and got stuck there. I'm pretty sure Onderland is closed for maintenance...because no matter what I do...I can't seem to get in! :)

You're going to get there any moment now, how exciting! Maybe tomorrow will be the day, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! :carrot::carrot:

djay 09-23-2008 08:04 AM

AND Jo! Thank you for the sweet comment yesterday!
Yes, You are hearing correctly I do have the slightest hint of a southern accent. :)
Maybe we will both hit our goals tomorrow. Unless....You got to 140 today maybe? But surely you wouldn't keep that a secret!

Mrs Snark 09-23-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2374763)
AND Jo! Thank you for the sweet comment yesterday!
Yes, You are hearing correctly I do have the slightest hint of a southern accent. :)
Maybe we will both hit our goals tomorrow. Unless....You got to 140 today maybe? But surely you wouldn't keep that a secret!

Nope, I didn't hit it today, still sitting .8 pounds away. Maybe tomorrow will be a great day for both of us! *crosses all her fingers and toes*

scarahjs 09-23-2008 08:37 AM

Just stoping in to say Good Morning!!!

Can't wait to see how much weight we have all lost!!

krjpy 09-23-2008 08:42 AM

Chelle - just as a reminder about tkglenn, based on the last post we got from her, she still doesn't have power (Hurricane Ike) and is having to go to her mothers (which I don't think is too close to her) to use her computer occassionally.

going to lose 200 09-23-2008 08:50 AM

darn darn darn!!! I got home from my weighin and FORGOT to post until it was too late. Hubby now has the flu and I think sometimes he is worse than ANY child!!

Sorry Michelle!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I just add it to next weeks? ;)

btw!! I lost 4lbs this week...............:cheer3: