3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

Smiling1 09-24-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2377682)
Carrot cake Clif bar was MAJOR FAIL. I had one of those and some kind of blueberry oatmeal something or other. It tasted more like building material than food!

I'm telling you, you all hate Clif bars and you just don't know it yet! :dizzy:

hadaad - you are right, chocolate muffin > mc donald's. Good for you passing up the McDs, it can be an awful temptation when you're hungry and it's right there.

:dizzy:Whaat? I was just about to go and hunt down one of those carrot cake ones. My mouth was watering. I was envisioning a big ole' piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. When am I going to learn that anything that delicious has 1,000 calories and just looking at it makes me gain weight.:)

pintobean 09-24-2008 04:52 PM

I honestly cannot remember eating Cliff bars or Luna. Although I remember buying Luna bars at some point in my life :?:

Jo, I think your weight is teasing you. .4 to goal! I'm surprised you're not sitting on the edge of the seat biting your nails going...com'on already!!! :D

Hadaad, great job on passing McDs. I can totally relate to going hungry to a store and you want to eat every food in sight.

Jaime, thanks for the carrot cake flavor FAIL tip. Looking at it in the store I'm sure I would have picked it up cuz I like carrot cake.

practiceliving, they have dropped the price of SenseWear now from what I read on the thread I posted earlier. I believe by $100 or so. I bought it couple months ago. Their demand has gone up from word of mouth and I am also reading people are finding it hard to get thru customer service cuz of this.
Thin4Good, :carrot: Have you thought of a reward for yourself for achieving this goal?

Okie dokie team I'm off to do my workout otherwise I know myself I'll not do it later...have a wonderful evening everyone :D

Manick 09-24-2008 04:58 PM

Clif Bars! Hate the Carrot Cake :p, love the Blueberry Crisp!

Very, very, very picky about what constitutes "good" RL carrot cake too!

But I like this guy :carrot:

suitejudyblueeyes 09-24-2008 05:03 PM

As long as nobody's making :carrot: into cake, we're good, right?

A link to share:
http://bestwellnessconsultant.com/20...her-earth.aspx

Next time you feel like you want a McDonald's hamburger, take a look at that photo. (It's not gruesome or anything, for the squeamish.) I am not saying her methods aren't flawed, I'm not saying there aren't problems with her claims about what this means about McD's hamburgers, but I am saying that 12-year-old food shouldn't look that fresh.

dla 09-24-2008 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2376636)
Awww, Heather, Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for comming by and shwing the support for the team!

Ladies....
I have news....
In a word....

Onederland!!!

:flow1::broc::broc::broc::flow1:
:woohoo::woohoo:

Congratulations!!

I leave for vacation in the morning. I have already weighed in for this week and will weigh in when I return. I hope everyone has a great OP week!!

ChristinaGetsFit 09-24-2008 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma (Post 2377530)
During the summer I was doin 90 min a day...I would do 20 min of 30 day shred...and 60 min walk...if it was too hot I went to th gym and did 30 min treadmill and 30 min elliptical! It was tough...but when you dont' work and school is out for the summer the way I look at it is an hour and 20 min is nothing! NOW....120 min.....that is 30 more min a day...I don't know if I would be up for that...LOL!

During the summer I was eating out at least 3 times a week and I mean the worst possible things I could get. Worst of all I did no kind of intended exercise at all. I lost my mind and gained over 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months. :( So that is why I am here now. When I was doing my best after losing 60 lbs down from 350ish(highest weight before this time) to around 290, I was doing 30 mins a day treadmill, and some days an hour hip-hop and others water aerobics. On Saturdays I would do a kickboxing class that would kick my butt. Shocking as it was, I was loving it till I over did it in a pilates class and hurt my back. I hope to get back to that healthy feeling again soon so I will crave the exercise and not HATE it like I do now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xMeaganx (Post 2377742)
Hello everyone! I have a question for you all, does anyone use Wii fit?
My friend bought me a wii yesterday and I don't play video games! However I was thinking that since I have the wii and I know a little about wii fit that I would buy the wii fit tools and use it in part to my exercise routine. Does anyone have any opinions of the game? I'm not sure if it would be beneficial to buy it, any opinions would be great!

I was looking into that too and found this tread. It has some informative stuff and some opinions on the workouts. I am sure you would get the info you needed here. Unfortunatly, I am over the weight limit of 330 right now. But I plan to make it there before my birthday and make the Wii Fit my B-day reward. :)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146539

dixied 09-24-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

We have a wii fit. I've only used it a couple of times, but it is fun. If you want to start using it we could create a daily check-in page for wii fiters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2377776)
Next time you feel like you want a McDonald's hamburger, take a look at that photo. (It's not gruesome or anything, for the squeamish.) I am not saying her methods aren't flawed, I'm not saying there aren't problems with her claims about what this means about McD's hamburgers, but I am saying that 12-year-old food shouldn't look that fresh.

Everytime I get a craving for McDonalds, I hear Anna's voice in my head say "IT'S NOT FOOD, IT'S PRODUCT!"

Jo - Since I expect you to hit 140 tomorrow, will you be posting goal pictures and your story under the main "GOAL" thread?

suitejudyblueeyes 09-24-2008 06:05 PM

Anna's voice works too, but for those of us who are visually rather than aurally stimulated, the photos will do the trick ;)

Mrs Snark 09-24-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixied (Post 2377825)
Jo - Since I expect you to hit 140 tomorrow, will you be posting goal pictures and your story under the main "GOAL" thread?

I hope I hit tomorrow *crosses fingers*. But I'll probably wait to make a "goal" post since I know I want to set a second goal and reach that, too. Waiting to post an official "goal" post will keep me motivated! Does that sound weird?

Blue Serenity 09-24-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2377776)
take a look at that photo.

Ewww! That's just gross!

djay 09-24-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie (Post 2376775)
Getting hitched. Moving near Boston, Mass. Going to go back to school to get a degree in <insert degree idea here>.

WOW! That is a lot of exciting changes all at once! What will you do for an encore? I'm very happy for you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thin4Good (Post 2376782)
oh- and a total NSV..... DH told me this morning that my butt felt small. :lol:

hehehe! Hang on to that man! He knows how to get a girl in the right mood!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes (Post 2376952)
Here is a suggestion put forth by my WW leader, which I REALLY like. On a bunch of small scraps of paper, write down activities you can do when you're stressed. Anything you feel is relaxing/therapeutic. Lay on the floor in a quiet room. Listen to relaxing music. Take a bath. Go for a walk. Exercise. Knit. Read. Anything you think you could actually use to divert yourself, to give you a minute to re-figure your priorities (which do not lay in the bottom of a bag of chips). Put these pieces of paper in a bowl and keep it around for when you need to divert yourself. It's like a game :)

Now as a true stress eater...I really appreciate that advice. When I get stressed I can't think of the things I need to be doing. All I can think about is carbing out! It would be good to have productive ideas written out and ready to grab instead of the chips!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2377079)
I once quit a job to take another job and during my final two weeks my new job fell thru! I had to pretty much crawl back to my boss and ask for my job back. Talk about an akward situation. He ended up letting me go a few months after that, he knew I didn't want to be there so he was all to happy to replace me. It all worked out tho. I really did NOT want to be there!

Oh MY! That is like the nightmare of career changes! You are stronger than me...don't know if I could have asked my old boss to keep my job since I probably would have told him all the things I REALLY wanted to say over the years, when I gave my notice! hehehe

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nori71 (Post 2377140)
My husband prefers a round butt also. He obviously cares most of all that I get healthy...but has mourned the butt shrinking going on.:dizzy:

HaHa...I have the hardest time picturing you as overweight. You look so slim in your picture...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2377357)
I actually SLEPT last night :carrot: I'm much better today, if a little groggy.
I'm off to run in the beautiful fall sunshine! Hoping for more running today and less walking now that I'm sleep fortified. I've gotta be out there every last second! :running:

Sleep is a wonderful thing! Glad it finally happened for you! Seems like runners enjoy excersise the most...wish I could run...but alas...the bum knee. Enjoy the run!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone (Post 2377431)
I don't remember who all had butt comments but I have to share one I got this weekend. I was visiting friends I hadn't seen since May and one of the guys whom I've always flirted with said - "you're looking good but man I'm going to miss those hips". I thanked him and said I'd mail him an old picture because they were NOT coming back :D

Wow! That had to be an ego boost eh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by practiceliving (Post 2377471)
Well the bad news is that I had a mini-binge last night. The good news is I stopped, thought, and shut my mouth before it got totally out of hand. My stress levels have been through the roof lately, so I'm pretty proud that I was able to stop and reassess. Today is a new, better day, and I have a plan to try to keep myself in line for the rest of the week.

From one stress eater to another...I'm impressed! I think it takes more will power to stop in the middle of a binge than to not do it at all! And a very useful skill to master! Congratulations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by hadaad (Post 2377604)
Right now, I'm trying to think about food choices. I made a good one yesterday. I found myself at the Wal-Mart, hungry, and I walked right by the McDonald's, temptation trying to turn my head (nice alliteration). But I went home and had a chocolate muffin. Sure, I could have chosen something better than that, but that was better than the McD's.

You are right. The muffin was the better choice. Getting in the habit of making the best choice is half the battle! Keep working it...Next time you might suprise yourself by picking an apple over the muffin!

Quote:

I love my wii fit! lots of different options so you don't get bored doing the same routine every day. I like the yogo, hula hoop, tight rope, boxing, step class, soccer, and strength training. I do one or 2 activities each time and try to keep increasin my time. As far as extras...I would recomend that you get the siicone cover for easier cleaning and if you have hardwood floors...the yoga mat helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dla (Post 2377796)
I leave for vacation in the morning. I have already weighed in for this week and will weigh in when I return. I hope everyone has a great OP week!!

Enjoy your vacation!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristinaGetsFit (Post 2377814)
During the summer I was eating out at least 3 times a week and I mean the worst possible things I could get. Worst of all I did no kind of intended exercise at all. I lost my mind and gained over 40 lbs in 2 1/2 months. :( So that is why I am here now. When I was doing my best after losing 60 lbs down from 350ish(highest weight before this time) to around 290, I was doing 30 mins a day treadmill, and some days an hour hip-hop and others water aerobics. On Saturdays I would do a kickboxing class that would kick my butt. Shocking as it was, I was loving it till I over did it in a pilates class and hurt my back. I hope to get back to that healthy feeling again soon so I will crave the exercise and not HATE it like I do now.

Me too! I keep waiting for that excersise craving to kick in...so far it is a battle with myself every day!

Well...that is attempt #2 at multi quoting. Hope I got it right this time! Thanks again for all the support ladies and gentleman...Do we really only have one man among us?

djay 09-24-2008 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2377905)
I hope I hit tomorrow *crosses fingers*. But I'll probably wait to make a "goal" post since I know I want to set a second goal and reach that, too. Waiting to post an official "goal" post will keep me motivated! Does that sound weird?

Keeping good thoughts and fingers crossed!I'm sure you will make it tomorrow!

zinkemomx2 09-24-2008 06:54 PM

Quote:

Darn, there goes that idea... that's almost half my rent!
Half your rent?!?! That is MORE than my mortgage with taxes and insurance escrowed!

just keep swimming 09-24-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopefulpinkangel (Post 2377739)
You know I wish I could shrink you and put you in my pocket so I could always have you around. :hug: You are the best cheerleader ever! :cheer3:

:lol: Now every time I'm feeling lazy about food or exercise, I'll just think of a tiny Josephine shouting at me from my pocket.

I don't know about Clif bars, but Luna sunrise bars are pretty good, in my opinion (the strawberry and blueberry flavors, anyway). Caribou coffee bars are SO GOOD too. I don't know that they are particularly nutritious, but I just thought I'd mention them since we were on the topic of delicious bars. :D

Naia 09-24-2008 07:30 PM

Hey Blues!

I know I'm on the opposing team, but I just had to come by and give you all a great big

:balloons::bravo:CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! :bravo::balloons:

for winning this week!

And a big hello to Manick & Faerie & everyone!!