3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

amyx33 09-22-2008 06:27 PM

happy birthday Jessica :D

flagirl28 09-22-2008 06:31 PM

Hi everyone :wave:

I had a bad weekend:( . I was not OP at all but I am not gonna let it get me down like I would have in the past. Today is a new week and I will be better.

Someone asked about workout dvds my fav. is 30DS it kicks my butt.

Hannah25 09-22-2008 06:33 PM

Hi team. Just wanted to share that I am in love with my Garmin Forerunner. Since there has been so much talk of jogging and running, just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone was planning to purchase themselves a nice running gadget as an incentive to keep it up. It is a little GPS thing that you wear on your wrist that keeps track of your time, mileage, calories, and some of the newer ones have a heart rate monitor as well.

lose'nit 09-22-2008 06:56 PM

Hey Everybody!
Wow....Lots of chatting going on today! I can't keep up.
Happy B-Day to everyone that has one today or over the week.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of us. God knows what we need/want.
Congrats to all those who lost this week and to those that maintained (like me). Looks like the Blue Team had lots of good losses.
I posted on the menue page this morning and I think that helped me stay OP. Maybe I'll get my head back into losing again.
I'm on my way to the gym and if I keep sitting here reading I will never get there soooo...I'll read some more later.

Tami

Lawrencia 09-22-2008 07:09 PM

Well,

I lost a pound in this last week's challenge. I know that it would have been more if I had been able to do cardio, but the broken toe is holding me back.

Anyway, my big discovery today is that apricots have only 17/calories per apricot, or at least according to fitday.com. For some reason, I guess because they are sweet, I thought they were a lot more.

So, yay! I found a snack that helps satisfy cravings for sweets.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's posts, but man, it is hard to keep up!

Congrats on everyone's journey.

Lawrencia 09-22-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chellez (Post 2374068)
On a side note: I'll be updating the cheat sheet and posting a list of people that need to weigh in after I make dinner/exercise for the night.

I hope that I'm not too late with my goal for the cheat sheet. It is to lose 21 pounds.

Thin4Good 09-22-2008 07:35 PM

I finally got caught up! I had to read while I cooked dinner. :)

Personally- I think if people never ever post, then yeah, why have them on the team? - They are really only hurting themselves though. While I appreciate the support I get (which only happens when you post BTW) whoever isn't posting hasn't really affected me. - not sure if that makes much sense!!

My back is throbbing and has been since Saturday evening. I'm not sure why. Guess I over did it?? I hope it feels better tomorrow although it doesn't seem to be getting better. It hurts less when I stand up but picking up DD all day (which could not be avoided) has been killing me!

Blue Serenity 09-22-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay (Post 2373813)
There is a difference between throwing out a mandatory comment in a forum that you do not care about (clutter chatter) vs. participating in a team discussion. I don't think it is required to do personals for a comment to be relevant to the team.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chellez
I was more along the lines referencing people that never chat and just post numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faerie
The weekly posts are certainly not clutter chatter. They're a part of the conversation on the whole.

Thank you all for clearing that up.

Fat Chick B Gone 09-22-2008 07:48 PM

Hey girls, just got back into town and I'm beat. I did pretty well while gone food wise but I shudder at the beer calories :). I'm beat and need quiet calm time and will catch up tomorrow.

chellez 09-22-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chellez (Post 2374068)
On a side note: I'll be updating the cheat sheet and posting a list of people that need to weigh in after I make dinner/exercise for the night.

Scratch that... it'll be after Heroes goes off at 11

Hun.e.B 09-22-2008 08:16 PM

Sorry for the negative energy Blue, I'll take my little response to PM!

Manick 09-22-2008 09:05 PM

"We are Family" people!

Perhaps we could all leave the past in the past and resolve to do our best to support one another during THIS challenge with a spirit of good sportsmanship and friendly competitiveness! I, for one, am really not interested in seeing a re-hash of past BL challenges.

Today is a new day, let's make the best of it folks! :cool:

Hun.e.B 09-22-2008 09:07 PM

I agree 1000%!! and I apologize for bringing negative energy to the blue team I should have done my defending in PM! I support moving forward whole heartedly! Thanks Manick!

Lovely 09-22-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2374327)
Perhaps we could all leave the past in the past and resolve to do our best to support one another during THIS challenge with a spirit of good sportsmanship and friendly competitiveness! I, for one, am really not interested in seeing a re-hash of past BL challenges.

Hear hear!

How about a question? (Does that count? :lol:)

What's your favorite form of exercise/activity?

I like my jog/walks on the treadmill. It's a good time for me to catch up on my Charmed :) Walking on a nice day around the neighborhood feels good, too. I also really enjoy yoga in the morning. Really loosens up the muscles, and clears the mind.

Manick 09-22-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah25 (Post 2374103)
Garmin Forerunner. Since there has been so much talk of jogging and running, just thought I would throw it out there in case anyone was planning to purchase themselves a nice running gadget as an incentive to keep it up.

Well thanks, Hannah! I've seen pictures of them but not checked them out yet...I *might* just have to call that "workout gear as needed" ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by just keep swimming (Post 2374093)
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes!

:celebrate:Happy Birthday, Swim! You'll still be invincible at 22, and fitter to boot! Whoo hoo! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagirl28 (Post 2374102)
I was not OP at all but I am not gonna let it get me down like I would have in the past. Today is a new week and I will be better.

You're RIGHT! Today is a new day, and a new week! Here's hoping this is a better one for you! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lose'nit (Post 2374137)
I'm on my way to the gym and if I keep sitting here reading I will never get there soooo...I'll read some more later.

Tami, hurray for working out! Your blue team wants you to workout first, chat with us later :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone (Post 2374202)
Hey girls, just got back into town and I'm beat.

Welcome back! We missed you! :wave:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manick (Post 2374327)

Onward to BL week # 2 folks! Only 6 more days...what are you going to do to make progress toward your goal this week?

I plan to figure out how to sleep. :lol: I've had an odd run of insomnia lately and last night, wouldn't you know, I went to bed at 10pm and then at 3 am all the lights came on and the radios turned on all over the house and then immediately went dim, down to half power. Dh and I stumbled out of bed and ran around the house unplugging all the electronic devices and called the power company. Sure enough, a brown out (I've never experienced one in my life). They told us to unplug everything as there would possibly be random power surges. After about an hour we lost power completely. Just after I finally got back to sleep around 6 am the lights all flicked on outside in the neighborhood and woke us up again. I stumbled into the kitchen and plugged in the fridge again, went to go plug in the modem in my office so Dh could use his laptop in the morning and promptly knocked my lamp off the desk shattering it all over :tantrum: At this point I figure I am one doomed, sleep deprived person...clean up the glass and fall back into bed. Next thing I know, it is 8:40 am. Ugh! What a night! I'm looking forward to a good night's rest tonight and hopefully all week! :crossed: