3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Biggest Loser Challenges (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges-225/)
-   -   We Are Family - Blue Team Chat #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/151902-we-family-blue-team-chat-2-a.html)

mountain mama 09-23-2008 11:30 AM

Hey guys!! So glad to see so nay positve happy posts this morning.. well besides the oatmeal incident one of you had! hahaha i'm weird about food and i always make it ech morning. One pot in my house is deemed 'abby's oatmeal pot' now hahah Good luck finding a way to fix it. Maybe add some water before you zap it and won't just be a hardened glob in a bowl good luck!!

Jessica! i was thinking the same thing as you! you were always JKS and now.. we hve real names! eheh it's fun! we will have to exchange best friend charms soon.. that's the next step after first names , right? hahaha

Kofarg! I would LOve to moon the reds and steal their cheese, but like girlygirl said... cheese is my downfall!

Does anyone else eat LUNA protien bars? They are amazing! low on the glycemic scale. 70 percent organaic and come in a SMORE flavour!!!

ive been managing 2 workouts a day for the past two days. im proud of myself!

Nori71 09-23-2008 11:37 AM

:carrot::carrot: CONGRATULATIONS BLUE TEAM!!!!:carrot::carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissingginger (Post 2374623)
. I finished at the gym at 9pm. I'm not used to exercising, let alone later in the evening and I just feel off?? Does anyone else feel this way. I feel kinda wound up? What do you other later in the evening exercisers do to calm down?

It doesn't work for me to work out that late either. I get very pumped and cannot fall asleep at my regular bedtime. I have to go late some days, but I usually try to be done no later than 7:30-8:00. Even at that time, I can be buzzing around at 11pm...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jday (Post 2374738)
So Onderland has been calling...I hit 200.8 on Wed. of last week and got stuck there. I'm pretty sure Onderland is closed for maintenance...because no matter what I do...I can't seem to get in! :)

LOL! Closed for maintenance. I have my fingers crossed that you arrive there this week!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by going to lose 200 (Post 2374826)
btw!! I lost 4lbs this week...............:cheer3:

WTG! That's great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pufffin (Post 2374832)
Is it really possible for a 50 y/o to significantly increase her fitness level? I still lag well behind other people of my own age when walking upstairs etc.

ABSOLUTELY! I see gals in their 50 quite often at the gym and am impressed. It is amazing how quickly your body responds when you push it a little. It's actually a very efficient machine! Whenever I start something *new* it's hard to do 10 minutes and then after a couple weeks I can handle 30+ minutes...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2375094)
I switched my plan to intuitive eating (IE) and the freedom has been, um, enjoyable. After following restrictive plans it is hard not to binge on all the things I've been avoiding. I think my constant yo-yo dieting has turned me into a binge eater.

Good luck! Shay, who was with us on blue last round has done beautifully on that plan. I have tried the IE route and while I sincerely hope that it works for me at some time in the future, I need the structure/restrictions at this point. I am also a binge eater in recovery. (Big time binging...3-4,000 calories, easy...) I don't know if I will ever *be at peace* with food.:?: My favorite food is tortilla chips and salsa. (I wish I could say by now that it is apples or salad.) Obviously, even *healthy* chips, aren't all that great while losing weight, but if I measure out a serving of them and actually log what I eat, I stay in better control and can avoid binges most of the time. Anyways, it's all a balancing act...each day...between keeping myself out of a binge, and eating low enough calories to lose weight...and I know just arriving at a goal weight will not mean the war is won.

mountain mama 09-23-2008 11:39 AM

Oh and yeah and YEAH!!!! BLUE TEAM WINS WEEK ONE! We rock guys!!! Way to go!! Let's keep this going!!

Nori71 09-23-2008 12:21 PM

ok, I'm off to the gym. I'm going to challenge myself to stay on the treadmill for 20 min doing 2 min walks followed by 1 min jogs. I'm a little heavy to be full out running yet and I need to baby my knees, but with all this talk of running, I'm itching to get started and build up my endurance for it! the stepmill has become a little boring and I feel my body is efficient at it so I'm probably not burning the same calories.

Lovely 09-23-2008 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fauxtini (Post 2375137)
Does anyone else eat LUNA protien bars? They are amazing! low on the glycemic scale. 70 percent organaic and come in a SMORE flavour!!!

The S'more flavor is my favorite kind! I generally eat one Luna Bar after my work out each day :)

practiceliving 09-23-2008 12:28 PM

My brother is safely home now. We picked him up from the airport last night and went straight to the doctor. The doc here said that the doctors in Germany are over-cautious, and that no antibiotics or hospitalization will be necessary. Just lots of rest, fluids and the BRAT diet until things are back to normal, unless symptoms change/get worse. Basically he looks and feels awful, but will be okay. What a relief! Thank you all again for the support, prayers and good wishes - I really do appreciate it. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2374751)
Now that I can run I just want to hug it, and squeeze it, and love it to death.

:rofl: I love this! I hope one day I feel as positively about running (or any other exercise!) as you do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Serenity (Post 2375094)
It's not looking like I'm going to have a good weigh-in this week. I switched my plan to intuitive eating (IE) and the freedom has been, um, enjoyable.

I follow intuitive eating, too. I find that when I have a calorie range or list of "bad" foods, I go a little crazy and do the opposite of what I intend. :dizzy: Instead I'm trying to relearn my bodies cues and needs, and eat accordingly. It's not easy, and it's not the speediest way to lose weight. It's been better for my mental health, though, and to me that's just as important as my physical health!

Finally, a big :congrat: to our team! Way to start it off on a good note! :carrot:

Mrs Snark 09-23-2008 12:29 PM

I love the Luna bars, I keep them for special treats though, because they are just that yummy. Thank goodness they are vegan! My current fav is the iced oatmeal.

*drools*

mountain mama 09-23-2008 12:50 PM

faerie and Tyler: I always eat em in the afternoon, after or before my workout. I have only seen the smore and lemon ones before. i will hae to scout out for different flavours!

Lovely 09-23-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2375236)
I love the Luna bars, I keep them for special treats though, because they are just that yummy. Thank goodness they are vegan! My current fav is the iced oatmeal.

*drools*

Oooh the iced oatmeal is yummy, too. :drool: Now I can't wait for my work out so I can have my luna bar after! :lol:

Dumplin 09-23-2008 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Durden (Post 2375236)

*drools*

I will have to get me some you all make them sound sooo good!!!

GirlyGirlSebas 09-23-2008 01:01 PM

Luna bars are not allowed in my house. They are a trigger for me.

bjeweled 09-23-2008 01:03 PM

2 days OP!!! :carrot::carrot: baby steps! cant wait till my weigh in on sat so i can actually contribute to this weeks loss.

i will have to pick up some luna bars this week ya'll are def making me hungry.

why is it so hard to get back on the wagon? i dont understand what my issue is i always have a fridge full of healthy food but i go buy food to eat that isnt healthy and that i cant afford!!!! ugh! i dont get it but that was 3 days ago today i am OP and happy about it.

congrats blue team!!!! lets do it again next week!:hug:

Kofarq 09-23-2008 01:38 PM

New Plan!!

Okay, BLUE TEAM! Let's re-think this plan!

Tonight we sneak over to Red Team's Headquarters. We yell, "Nanny-nanny-Boo-Boo!" :p Then we MOON them, steal their LUNA BARS, and RUN!!:dancer:

Whoever said we steal their cheese is a doofus! We don't need no stinkin' cheese! :crazy:

Who's with me??

mountain mama 09-23-2008 01:53 PM

kofarg: I'm always up for stealing Luna Bars! hehe

The board is so quiet today! I'm suppose to be packing up my apartment today.. Why isn't everyone posting so I can procrastinate by coming on here???? heheheh

Mrs Snark 09-23-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeweled (Post 2375312)
2 days OP!!! :carrot::carrot: baby steps! cant wait till my weigh in on sat so i can actually contribute to this weeks loss.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Every day on plan is a huge accomplishment, and the first few are usually harder than all the rest! Great job getting yourself into the groove! :bravo: