Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Practiceliving - My husband is not a good cook...lol!! One time he made Hamburger Helper and messed that up. I don't know how much easier that can get...hehe. I'll just keep trying to get myself out of bed I guess. I just need to do it every weekday so I can get in the habit/routine and showers do feel good after a good morning workout. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #257  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Tee--inspiring photo reminders!

Faerie back to your Q: I am like others, when everyone is working hard it really encourages me! I love to hear about everyone eating healthy and working out! I am so "on" right now and I like that "on" button in my brain to stay on. If it turns "off" give me a reminder to get back out there...kick, poke, prod...I CAN do it...sometimes I just don't wanna.

DJ I have to shove myself out the door every single time for exercise...I don't know why. I love it when I'm doing it, it makes me feel great after, but I procrastinate and find a million morning chores to do. One thing that helps me is to get totally dressed for it, have my morning food planned and give myself a time deadline...by 9 I WILL walk out the door no matter what. Still doesn't help some days but I try. I also will tell myself...I will just do 2 miles and see how it goes...I've only "stopped" a couple times at that point in the last 8 months...so that one works.

HIYA TEAM!

I am going to run now! Make today a perfect, OP day. If you've already gotten off track, rescue it now. Make a good choice about the very next bite you put in your mouth!!!

Last edited by Manick; 09-16-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #258  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Marianne - I love the curcuit idea. How ingenious!

Sorry to not be too talkative right now. I am having school problems out my ears. I am trying to figure out how I can work full time and homeschool

I'll get out of the dumps soon (I hope). I also think I am just not used to not working out in the mornings, so I am draggin more than usual. Morning working out usually gives me that boast I need to get through the day. I may have to workout (lightly) tomorrow morning if I am still feeling blah!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:54 PM   #259  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

"Are We There Yet?!" - Blue Team Exercise Challenge

OY! I finally got it put together and posted!

Now fly little birdies! Fly like the wind and post all of your minutes!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #260  

I have a couple questions on some of the chat lingo that is used. What is OP and DH?
Sorry if it is a stupid questions...Is there a forum that shows what all the lingo is?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #261  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

OP - On Plan (i.e. you aren't cheating)
POP - Perfect on Plan (this means you not only didn't eat thing you weren;t supposed to eat, but ate exactly what you were supposed to eat (i.e. met your calories, ate all your servings, would depend on your plan

The "D" I believe is for Darling, although I think Devil could apply occassionally for my DS.
DH - Darling Husband
DS - Darling Son
DD - Darling Daughter
DBF - Darling Boyfriend
DF - Darling Fiance

Now, I have a question about the Exercise Challange. Do we need to make the 635 miles in 1 week or 3 weeks, since we are supposed to be posting for 3weeks. I am good either way, I just want to know what I am shooting for and in what timeframe
Old 09-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #262  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
I have a couple questions on some of the chat lingo that is used. What is OP and DH?
Sorry if it is a stupid questions...Is there a forum that shows what all the lingo is?
OP = on plan
DH = Dear husband
DS = dear son
DD = dear daughter

those all confused me at first. I don't know about a lingo forum but just ask!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:23 PM   #263  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430

That link might help you out!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #264  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Now, I have a question about the Exercise Challange. Do we need to make the 635 miles in 1 week or 3 weeks, since we are supposed to be posting for 3weeks. I am good either way, I just want to know what I am shooting for and in what timeframe
The way I understood it, we are ALL on the bus together...so all our weekly minutes count toward the destination we are all traveling to together, 635 miles this week.

Family vacation and all...

now get crackin' kids! I certainly don't wanna be stuck in some stinkin' rest stop in Jersey!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #265  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
now get crackin' kids! I certainly don't wanna be stuck in some stinkin' rest stop in Jersey!
That's for sure!

And, go potty before you go...because we ain't stopping!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 09-16-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #266  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
There's no timeframe. We make it when we make it.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #267  

Thanks Ladys for the help!!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #268  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

does bowling count as exercise? just checking My Dh and I walk to the bowing alley, bowl for an hour or so and walk back once a week usually. Shoudl I just count the walking part?
Old 09-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #269  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

OK, I've never done so many squats as at the gym today...prisoner squats, hack squats, ball squats, sumo squats...not to mention step ups, lunges, deadlifts... I'm sure my glutes will be screaming at me tomorrow. I do so love weight training though!

Gotta get my dd's to preschool now. I'm reading along and will do personals soon! It's so overwhelming!

Chelle - or Dee (or another organized person) - do you have a google doc yet with everyones screen name and name they like to be called!

Hi Anna! Miss you chicka! I'll hit plurk later... I can not freakin believe Poppie from NJ now! And Jen is so dang cute! WOOZER!!!!

Last edited by Nori71; 09-16-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #270  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Whew! You guys are crazy! I can't keep up with everyone!

While browsing I saw that a few people are doing c25k. I was on week 3 and injured my knee (I think I twisted it or something). But I took a week off and I am itching to go back! Has anyone else had to take time off from it? Did you just start where you left off? I'm thinking about jumping back a week...
I really do like it. I've never been a runner but always loved sports... Just can't seem to get the distance running down. This actually makes me feel like I could do it!

Hope everyone is having a good day!