Old 09-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #136  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I have to know in advance....

How many of you read/want to read/will be reading the Twilight series?

I will convert you readers before long! *evil witch laugh*

I vampire romance and I'm sure before long it will infect the Blue Team's chat because its all I tend to read in my free time.

Consider this your advance warning!
I'm sure the avatar gives me away! I am right now in the middle of the last few chapters of Breaking Dawn. It's been so difficult to try and get my class work readings in when all I wanna do is find out what happens to Bella and Edward. I should finish it today and I am excited and sad. I can't wait for the movie. I haven't been to the theater in well over a year and I really hated missing all of the awesome movies this summer cause I was worried my fat butt wouldn't fit in the seats. So I plan to celebrate my losses and make the Twilight movie my reward.

I am also a fan of trashy vampire novels, especially the Sookie Stackhouse novels which I read before I started Twilight. So of course I am watching the TrueBlood series on HBO. I plan to go on to Anita Blake after I am done reading, and had time to morn, the Twilight saga's end.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:21 AM   #137  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
I never heard of the Twilight seriers but they sound something I might be interested in. I don't know if anyone watched Moonlight last year on CBS, but it was a tv series about vampires. It was one of my favorite shows last year, but they canceled it.
Oh yeah I loved that show, Mick St.John was super sexy. They always cancel the good ones. Friday nights suck for TV, thank god for Netflix.

Ok enough of me for now, I am gonna try to get a nap in so I won't be so cranky this afternoon.

Bluesers ROCK!

Last edited by ChristinaGetsFit; 09-15-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #138  
since 10/23/07

S/C/G: 286/ticker/136

Height: 5'5"

Just wanted to stop in and say hey! I was on the red team last challenge and lost about 20 pounds. Looking forward to doing it again for the blue team!!

I'm ready
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #139  
Intuitive Eater

Hey, who was it that was looking for a good read several pages back? I got one for you ... TBL Blue team thread! lol That one will keep you busy for a very long time!

Hi McMomoma! Good to see you here!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #140  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

So excited to see you all!

Chellez...Manick is the name, 18 lbs off my goal for this game!

All right team...I am up and at 'em this morning! I made oatmeal with sliced bananas and strawberries and I'm going to try to "front load" my exercise goal for myself this week by getting in at least 90 minutes today! I'm aiming for 300 exercise minutes a week till Christmas. I figure I gotta get the habit fully in place now before winter.

Dh and I have a trip to Mexico planned for our second anniversary next year and I want to feel my best and have energy to hike all over AND look better in a swimsuit!

Make it a GREAT day team!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hi Blue Team!

Popping in to say Hi!

Miss my old teamies Manick, Jessica, and all the rest!

Chelle - I am in love with Edward. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the vampire sex scenes, but I guess it wouldn't be appropriate for a younger audience, lol.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:43 PM   #142  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceegee View Post
Hi Blue Team!

Popping in to say Hi!

Miss my old teamies Manick, Jessica, and all the rest!

Chelle - I am in love with Edward. I have to say, I was a little disappointed in the vampire sex scenes, but I guess it wouldn't be appropriate for a younger audience, lol.
Yeah for real, doesn't that just suck! I wanted Edward and Bella to get their freak on! lol We have Twilight peeps on Red too Ceegee!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #143  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

And on the subject of vampire smut...

I haven't read Twilight, but i've been reading the Darkyn series by Lynn Viehl. It reminds me of the Dark Brotherhood series.

If you prefer non-vampire/non-smut; I loved The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan.

As for TV: BL is the only reality show I watch on a regular basis, unless someone on Dancing with the Stars catches my interest. I've been catching up on TV/movie watching via tivo, Netflix and hulu.com, but my interests are scattered all over the place. What I've watched this month includes: The Covenant, Magnificent Seven (series and movie), Sky High, Friday Night Lights, Supernatural, Bones, Fringe, Sons of Anarchy. There's more, but that's what I can remember. I need a life.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:18 PM   #144  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I just restarted my C25K program today. 2 weeks off for moving and marriage and whatnot and not im back. Starting week 4 over today and although I was worried i would struggle.. it wasn't so bad! woo hoo.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #145  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Going for my first run in two weeks...was up to 4 miles before I left for holidays, I feel tonight might not be so brilliant but going is still better then not!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone!

My name is Stacy. I'm 27 and from St. Louis....soon to be 28 This is my second BL challenge. I was on the red team before so now it should be fun getting to know a whole new group of people (I have seen a few of my old red teammates over here )

Last challenge I struggled on getting everything together. I was either eating right and not exercising or exercising and not eating right. Finally I have gotten it together so I should be a lot more successful this time! I did hurt my knee last week so i've had to take a small break but i'm itching to get back to the gym!

Now I have to try to catch up a little on these 10 pages of Blue team chat!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Blue Team,

Nori, Praticeliving and anyone else who has asked me about it: In November 2006 I lost my dear brother John to a heart anuerism. It was a huge shock to our family. We had lost our other brother almost a year to the day before. There are now 4 girls left. I weighed 510 pounds and it really shook me to know that I would probably be the next one to go. I had always wanted to get healthy and lose weight but never seemed to be able to do it. I had high blood pressure and severe sleep apnea among other medical conditions going wrong with my body. My Dr. suggested weight loss surgery to help me save my life. I didn't want to do it until I tried dieting one more time. I went to ww and never cheated once in 6 months and I only lost 16 pounds. I knew at 510 pounds I should be loosing more than that. I went back to my Dr. and was sicker than ever. I had irregularities on my EKG. She again suggested WLS. This time I knew I had tried my very best and for my health I should at least consider it. I went to an information seminar and decided after much prayer that it is what I should do. The worst part was your BMI has to be at 60 or below to have the surgery and mine was at 72 so I had to loose 83 pounds to have the surgery. My Dr. suggested a medically supervised liquid diet. I was on that from April 16, 2007 until I had my WLS on August 29, 2007 and about 10 days after surgery. Before I would get out of breat just walking to the bathroom and I was in so much pain. Now I can walk for hours without pain or getting out of breath. It has been the perfect tool for me to continue to get healthy. I exercise aprox. 60+ minutes a day. I still have about 68 more pounds to go but I am not giving up until I feel that I am as healthy as I can possibly be.

Nori: I will be praying for your darling nephew.

Trailgroomer: I don't take any aquafitness classes but when I go to school for them I would gladly share anything I learn with you.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-15-2008, 01:32 PM   #148  
Mind over platter

Nori your nephew is absolutely adorable! I am sure it must be so hard and scary for your sister (and all of you) to patiently wait!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #149  
Mind over platter

Dogpal Incredible! Thanks for sharing! So glad you've had success and are feeling healthy!
Old 09-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey blue team

I need to ask a teeny, tiny favor of anyone here that has done or tried yoga of any sort while at a heavier weight. I have been MIA the past few days because I have a potential writing assignment (YAY FINALLY ) and am working on an article dealing with yoga...anyway, if you would let me send you a very short set of questions, and send me back the answers I would be forever thankful. We can use email or PM here.

Your name will not be used if you don't want it to be, and I may use just a short quote from it, and would let you know if I do that. Mostly I just need to get some viewpoint other than my own to finish this, and it's not experts that I need for my idea, it's everyday weight-struggling women like us for once

Even if you had a horrible time and HATE yoga, you still apply here. Let me know if anyone has a few minutes to answer it one day this week. Thanks!