Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM   #1516  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Karen way to go on the jeans.. on my other forum we call that a NSV
Non Scale Victory.. things that keep up going.. CONGRATS

Vanessa hope all is well with you.

Today I've had my little ones at fitness and gymastics, running all over so we're home for a quick respite.
Have a great weekend all!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #1517  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

HI ALL BLUE PEPS!
Studying crazy for my test on April 7th, same as our last week with our challenge, great timing huh? I am getting ready to do a comcast on demand workout, because it's Sat and I am too lazy to go to the gym today. My back is hurting more than usual, so I hope that the work out will loosen things up.

Here is a fitness tip:
RUN from the gym to your car! I hate running on the treadmill, so why not??
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #1518  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. My mom is in town so can't stay. Sorry I've been gone so much. I really neeeed to be here too. Very hard time lately. Saw this and wanted to share.

Big hugs, Selina

Become a positive thinker. No matter how dark things seem to be, or actually are, raise your sights and see the possibilities - they're always there.
— Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLUE!!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 07:57 PM   #1519  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

HI, if you have comcast on demand, you can work out with bob and jillian like i just did, AWESOME!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #1520  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Momto2 - Congrats on the 6.5lbs and inches. I was going to get measured on Friday but the girl who usually does it for me was busy so I'll have to catch her another time.

I don't know what to do about DH. He had that interview on the 20th. They called before he even got home to set up his drug test. Then they paid for his medical card as well (usually they drivers have to pay for that themselves). His drug test was Monday and we didn't hear anything all week long. He called Friday and the receptionist was very suspicious sounding he said when he asked if they had a start date for him. Said that he would have to talk to J but what a surprise he was outside and sent him to voicemail. We never heard from him. The way DH told me she just sounded very off. Like oh crap he's calling and we hired someone else.

I don't get it. DH was laid off in June of last year. One guy wanted him to work and for safety reasons DH declined. (Almost falling out of the truck because the door wouldn't stay shut, didn't lock, there were no seat belts, and there was NO passenger seat, just a milk crate where he was expected to sit!) The rest of his leads have gone no where. Either they hire someone else or just quit returning phone calls. He came right out and asked a few people and they all have said his references are impeccable as is his driving record. We are more than willing to relocate if needed. I just don't get it.

I am really afraid for his mental and emotional well being right now.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 AM   #1521  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6

Wow, that's rough, Zinke. Is he a interstate driver? Local delivery? I wonder if since he's so qualified (wants more $) they hire more inexperienced drivers who will do it for less. Has he not worked a regular job for 9 months now? That would be rough on any man's psyche I think. I can see your concern.

I'll have to check out Bob and Jillian on OnDemand! Thanks!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:56 AM   #1522  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

zinke--what kind of driver is he? My hubby is OTR trucker and I have never heard of anyone not finding a job..esp. with good driving record and references, you could get on anywhere around here with that. Maybe he's not OTR though? I hope he finds something soon...if that happened to my hubby he'd get depressed and I would be super worried as well.

I am still alive guys, weekends are just insane around here as hubby is home and working up the backyard...literally! There is a huge tractore sitting in my front yard and in a couple hours it will be out back leveling the yard...well, if that get that far before hubby has to go out. Going to take my first freebie week, sorry guys!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:55 AM   #1523  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bluesers,

Dropping in to be accountable with my team. I've had a horrible off-plan weekend and I'm struggling to get myself back in-line. I'm not sure exactly what happened. I think it might have something to do with finding my measurements that I took in May of last year. I had a very unhappy wake up call. My measurements that I took at the beginning of this challenge and my measurements from May are exactly the same! And, the scales are only 11 pound lighter than my number for May! Yes, I've reversed my insulin resistance and brought my cholesterol numbers down....and I'm not discounting those accomplisments at all as this is amazing progress for my health. But, as far as looking thinner and better, I've not done a darn thing in 10 months. I keep telling myself that I was able to lose 30 pounds last year and pretty much keep it off, but I guess I let this numbers thing get to me in a big way and I've been off-plan all weekend. Today, I have a horrible headache and I just feel so discouraged. I haven't given up, though. I'm still fighting to pull myself together.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 AM   #1524  

He doesn't want to drive OTR. He knows he could in a heartbeat but he can't bear to be away from the kids that long. We had unemployment for 6 months but since then have been living off of the savings which are almost gone. We live in northern MI and the economy here stinks. Plus over the years he has worked for everyone worth working for within a 60 mile radius.

Mostly it is just the getting jerked around that is killing him. He has had at least 3 potential employers tell him he has the best references and driving record they have ever seen only to hire someone else. Then two others didn't want to hire him because we lived to far away and they knew we owned a home here that we would have to sell. They didn't seem to care that we are willing to move.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #1525  
One life, live it well

Rhonda - sorry the numbers bug bit you. 11 pounds down isn't *nothing* though! I know it feels like it for the amounts of effort and time we invest in getting healthy. And you just recently realized that the amount of calories you were taking in was way to high to lose on. We live and learn. And I know that if you stick with the C25K you WILL see results!

On that note, my scale has only moved .8 of a pound this week. I wait until tomorrow to post though. I did have 2 very hungry days and ate 2000 calories both days.

How nice that you're getting a new back yard, Theresa! I gotta get busy in our yard also. My tulips are all up about 5 inches now!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #1526  

Tulips already? Thats just not right. We still have over a foot of snow on the ground.

<-----head hanging in shame. I really don't even want to look at the scale in the morning. I'm getting back on track and am determined to do this c25k so that will help.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:20 PM   #1527  
One life, live it well

My back was hurting way to bad to start the C25K program today. Did you, Rhonda?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #1528  

Ok its time to weigh in tomarrow hope we all do great.
I think if i lose it slow i can keep it off dont get in a hurry.
I taught water aerobics at ymca and lost weight about 3 years ago.
But got depressed and all came back need to learn how to
deal with things in a different way besides food.
I think i got my head on straight nowi
I'VE had a lot of trouble with my sister who lives in WV
When my mom died she was left to divied some land with us
kids.well she got like 57 acers and the rest between 7 and 14.
And i got 8 but it was about all mountain and me and my
husband went to WV and stayed over a year and helped
take care of mom.But she was mom 's pick i lost my mom and my sister.
So i let it get to me sorry didnt mean to say all that but thats my
problem.i love my sister didn't think she would do me like that.
Ihave 6 brothers and 1 sister i cant get over this please help me
if you cantalk to all later good luck to all.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #1529  

S/C/G: 124kg(272)/94kg(209)/70kg(154

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Rhonda - sorry about the funk you got into.

I had a fitness eval today at the gym. It's been about 1 year since my last one. Although the poundage lost isn't great (about 30), I did drop 6 1/2 inches off my waist and hips. Am very pleased about that.

Good luck everyone on your weigh-in.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:08 AM   #1530  
Mom2ThreeCuties!

S/C/G: 260/252/140

Height: 5'5

Ellie, I'm sorry about your sister. Have a sibling when you're adults can be SO difficult.

I weighed in today - no change. Not surprised since 2 of my 3 kids had hand foot & mouth disease last week so it's all a blur of me not sleeping and rocking feverish sweaty babies and feeding popsicles. For one day each that was all they could stand to eat from the pain in their mouths. When I don't get enough time during the day, I don't eat enough, then I'm ravenous at night when DH gets home and I totally binge. Guess I'm grateful I just stayed even and didn't GAIN, yk? Seems like everyone is feeling better now, PLUS!!! We have GREAT weather suddenly so I'm taking the kids to the park to run around this morning and really enjoy it!!!