Old 05-03-2007, 09:00 AM   #211  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Thursday Morning Red Team!! My goodness where has this week gone?

Sara...hey there!! I was wondering where you went! Sorry to hear you are having one of those weeks. I hope your little one is better too. I am NOT a morning person. I just cant do those morning workouts no matter how hard I try, so I really commend you on being able to get up and get it in. And then look how great the rest of your day feels. Dont sweat the WI thing, it was the first week, it takes everyone at least that much to figure things all out!

Shelby...your mom is so right! We are our own worst critic and noone is thinking about us the way we imagine it. Think about it, do you remember anything about anyone you saw at the grocery store? I sure dont. We all need to learn to be nicer to ourselves!

Love....Good Morning!! Another early morning exerciser! LOL! I just dont know how you guys do it, I understand why, I've just never been able to drag myself up and do it. You are doing so great with your weightloss people ARE going to be looking at you at the gym and thinking...WOW!!!

Karen....I have before pictures...they are awful! LOL!! I too avoid the camera, I'm just content to stay behind the camera. But then i got to thinking. If something happens to me, my girls will have NO pictures of me. And I would really hate that for them. So I try now. I'm sorry to hear what your community is dealing with. We just had some really weird murder/suicide deaths here too.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #212  
Melissa

Amber!....I know exactly how you've been feeling I've been there!!! I'll tell you my little story. A few years back I was 242 lbs, and I kicked but and lost 75 lbs. You'd think I'd be feeling great right? NOPE!! I was feeling exactly how you are. I'm really cheap, and I didnt want to keep buying clothes in smaller sizes I wanted to wait till I was at my goal weight and just buy all new clothes then. So I walked around in my thinner body wearing clothes for a fatter body. Literally I had shorts that were size 20 and I fit a 14 comfy maybe even a 12. (ask Danielle she saw em! LOL) Anyway, one day when I was feeling particularly frumpy and icky (exactly how you've been feeling) I went out and bought myself a couple of tshirts and a pair of shorts in the right size. Keep in mind that I only spend maybe $20 and OMG I felt so good! I felt so pretty and thin, I cant tell you how great a new tshirt made me feel. Plus, it was inspiration to keep chugging ahead. Another thing is to get a haircut or some do it yourself highlights. I dont know about you but it really changes how I feel about myself to have stylish hair (and it can be done cheap too). Little things really can make a great big difference in your outlook about yourself.

Now for the pick me up!

Look at how far you've come! Look at all the amazing changes you've made in your body and your life! These are not easy things to do and you've done them!! That is something to be so proud of! It inspires your team, I know because you inspire me! You are a beautiful, amazing, inspiring woman! I hope that you woke up today realizing how wonderful you are! Smile Amber...it looks Fantastic on you!!!

~melissa
Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 AM   #213  
Melissa

Its raining, its pouring!.....you know the rest! LOL!

So doesnt look like I'll be walking from the parking lot today. Plus, I think we've got a sickie home sick today. My youngest had such a long hard day yesterday she came home from track practice and fell asleep on the couch. Then she got up a little after 10, hungry, crying and running a fever of 102. Not a good day for me to miss classes but the kiddos come first.

So the big news....I GOT A RED WINS YESTERDAY!!!! I had to go through each letter to make sure it was true but its true!!! I did it!! I'm so proud of myself LOL!!

Okay, running late as usual so I'm off to the showers but I'll be back later on today to see how everyone is doing!!! I hope everyone has the best day today!! Keep up the great work RED TEAM!!! We can do this!!

~melissa
Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #214  

Height: 5'6''

Wow, I am so glad to see that we are all posting so much! It is great!

Ann, sorry to hear you and the kids have the flu! That sucks! Concentrate on feeling better, and get lots of water and other liquids.

Melissa, WTG getting all that exercise! Rain really puts a damper on my exercise too. DH and I were going to go for a walk yesterday, but got rained out. Hopefully we can get it in today. Oh, and congrats on the RED WINS! You are awesome!

Angie, I have read one of the Stephanie Plum books, maybe I should get a couple more. Let me know which one you get and how you like it.

Erika, I hate when my family does that!!! We go out of town to visit my mom a lot and I always ask if they can try to make something healthy (my grandmother always makes huge meals when we come in). They have told me that they don't know how to make anything healthy! I have even volunteered to give them recipes, have given them suggestions and said I would help make it, but they usually don't "like" the ideas I have (doesn't sound fattening enough I guess). It is really frustrating! So, I totally understand where you are coming from! Perhaps you mom will learn from this and make healthy foods if she wants you and your dd to come around for meals.

Love and Amber, WTG on the exercise!!! You all rock!

Sorry if I missed anyone, we are all so chatty it is hard to keep up, but I love it!!! It means we are all motivated and are working to encourage each other. So, yeah RED TEAM!!!

As for me, I finally got my disseratation proposal sent to all of my committee members! It has taken me forever, but it is finally moving along! Now, I need to concentrate on getting in my RED WINS and staying on track! The past week has not been that great!

Well, I have a lot to do today, so I should get to it. I will try to stop by again later. Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 AM   #215  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

Well, I was grumpy this morning but was able to turn it around. I lit a stick of incense, put on some music and did yoga for half an hour. I feel quite a bit better now. By the way, if anyone is looking for some music that is relaxing and uplifting, try the album "Bali" by Midori. I think it would be great for background music for a hot bath!

Love - You are doing great! Your eggplant dish sounds scrumptious. I LOVE eggplant. I am with you on the laundry. I think there are 3 baskets of it upstairs right now and I just DO NOT want to put it away.

Melissa, Karen, Charity, and Love - thanks so much, you are the best!! Actually I am not going to my mom's for the wings. I told her that I have the ingredients to make pizza with Claire (which is true!) and we're going to do that tonight. Little does she know it's Sonoma-friendly Greek pizza on whole wheat pita crusts. Here's the hilarious part ... I phoned her up and she told me she's going back on Weight Watchers, tracking her points etc. Ha! I asked her how many points a chicken wing was. "well," she says, "a drumstick with no skin is 1 point." bzzt - wrong answer! She then looks up chicken wings. "Oh," she says in a disappointed tone, "3 points for each one." I think at that point a light bulb went on in her head ... Sometimes I really wonder what she is thinking! Anyway I really appreciate the support from ALL of you!

Sara - You couldn't have said it better ... you and I are both incredible winners because of our wonderful families!!

Shelby - We are making the pizzas tonight! You are right, kids love them better than anything. Claire did sleep better tonight, but not before complaining of a sore throat and ear at 11 PM and then whining for half an hour before going back to sleep. Sigh ... Thank you so much for being interested and supportive, it means so much to me!!

Amber - I think we have all had many days like that. But you are beautiful and awesome and strong! And so close to your goal weight! Before you know it you will be buying all sorts of gorgeous clothes that fit you perfectly.

Karen - No cookies you hear? TOM is so hard sometimes. Come back and let us know how you did today! Whereabouts in Maine are you? I grew up in New Brunswick (Canada) and we used to drive around in Maine quite a lot. Such a beautiful state!

Melissa - WTG on your RED WINS!!!!!!! You are awesome and we couldn't do this without you!!

Charity - WTG on your diss proposal!! I remember how hard it was to get that together and it is a big achievement! What field is your degree in? Mine was in musicology and my husband did his at the same time as I did.

Ann - how are you and family feeling today?

to Danielle and anyone else I missed! Hope you are having a great day!

In a little while I will go off to the party supply store for favor bags and treats for the party on Saturday. Should be fun! Have a good afternoon everyone!
cheers
Erika
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #216  

Amber, I forgot to suggest that you check out Good Will for some "in between" clothes. Also, yard sale season is upon us, perhaps you could find some good deals there. In addition, you can get really cheap tops and such as Wal-Mart (under $10). These would be good options. Even if I could afford it (which I can't), I just hate to spend a lot of money on clothes I only plan to wear for a couple of months! I understand your frustration, I am kind of between sizes now, so everything is either too tight or too big! I hate looking shlubby, but I also hate to have clothes that show off my fat rolls! You just can't win sometimes!

Thanks Erika! I am doing political science, so is dh! It seems common to marry inside your field. I suppose it is because we are too busy to meet anyone else!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:40 PM   #217  

Karen, I missed you in my last post. I used to hide from the camera when I was at my heaviest. However, I had my husband go through our digital pictures and find some of me that I could use as "before" pics. It is amazing to look at them and see how far I have come! I can't wait until I have my final "after" picture to compare them to!

On a different note, I have a really great NSV to share, and am going to use this as my "inspiration" for the day (I WILL get a full RED WINS today!). I haven't been doing very well this week eating wise, my husband and I have gone out to lunch twice already - and I didn't order healthy foods Well, today he wanted to go out again, as its just been one of those weeks, and well, we cope with food. We were debating on where to go (of course, I would not have been OP at any of these places) and finally I said, "Nope, let's just eat here." So, we did. I had a boca burger with cheese on a light bun and some shellie beans with oil on the side. I stayed OP, got in some veggies and my oil, and I feel really good about my decision! Yeah for me!!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:19 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

Here I am twice in one day...I left work earlier as I got the great phone call from the school nurse. So, I had to pick up my ds.(he's almost 14 but still my baby )
Well, no warm chocolate chip cookies ..the funniest thing happened. i was walking through the jail with one of the deputies and one of the female inmates decided to flash him. She pulled her shirt up(no bra) and she probably weighs close to 500....nuff said...no cookies for me!

Erika- I live in about 20 min. north of Augusta. My parents are from Nova Scotia..so I have spent many summers in NS and NB (cousins in Moncton). Now my family is spread as far as Edmonton, Calgary and Victoria. Maine is beautiful and I really can't imagine living anywhere else. Great place to raise kids!
Melissa --you are sooooo right about the pictures. I should do it at least for the kids. Btw- you are such a great support for all of us..Thank you! You are wonderful and you are going to do great things for this team!
charity--you go girl on the diss.... and great job staying on plan.. I know how tough that is! I struggle every minute of the day!! Keep staying strong.

Hi to everyone else...be back on shortly
Yeah RED TEAM!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:06 PM   #219  
Danielle-Red Team Member

I'm so far behind today here!! You guys have been a chatty bunch for sure! It's wonderful to see such great support and excitement for eachother's success. You guys rock!

Melissa, you had me giggling about T's question about lesbians. Only kids can come up with some zingers, huh?! And were you able to answer her with a straight face? Or did you pretend not to hear her question? Congrat's on your Red Wins day!!! Simply fabulous woman, I bet you feel good too!

Shelby, my "date" with Bob was great! He is so attentive and encourages me and tells me how awesome I am. What a swell guy, eh? Seriously, I really would love to meet the man in person & train. I think quite possibly he is the only one I could actually workout and sweat in front of and not be embarrassed. Heck, I can barely exercise in front of dh cause he makes me feel weird.

Amber. I'm sorry you're having an oogie day. Melissa gave you some great advice, couldn't have said it better. Her tip on trying to find some inexpensive stuff is great, trust me, you will feel like a beauty queen! I hope that you've been able to smile and accept what an awesome person you are right here & now.

Karen, hey girly. Tell me that you're job isn't scary! I can only imagine the stuff you must see. And yep, the 500lb flashing inmate would cure me of chocolate chip cookie cravings too! I have always hidden behind the lens when it was time for pictures. But, like Melissa I came to a conclusion that my kids wouldn't have any pictures of me if something should happen to me. I really try to smile nice, but my heart is so not in it! The entire time I'm thinking just how huge I'm going to look that my smiles come out more like a cheesy grin, and I am never satisfied. Hope DS is feeling okay? Got a 14y/o ds, he's my oldest and he will always be my baby boy!

Charity, fantastic job on lunch today!!! I know how hard it is to say no to eating out. I love it, no dishes, no cooking.... good for you for staying strong and choosing great food. I cope with food as well, such a hard habit to break! You're doing awesome!

Erika, I'm glad you were able to chase the grumpies away! Pretty funny about your mom and the WW deal. I know moms just love us to death and think food is always the answer, and they are hard headed when you try to convince them that you really don't want all the junky stuff. My mom is stubborn to the nth degree, and feels every time we visit that she's gotta be standing in the kitchen feeding us the entire time! Glad you stood your ground with yours and she understood!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #220  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Love, I admit I do the shopping cart thing too. I dont mean to, guess it's just human nature. The part I hate is being the one being judged! lol As for a gym, I am too terrified to even step into one, so you are much farther ahead in that arena! My thinking has always been; once I lose the weight THEN I'll go to the gym. Gotta love it, huh?

I think ( I hope) I got everyone. If I missed you I am sorry, what a long list!

As for me:

Worked last night til 11 and then turned around and worked this morning, and lemme tell ya, I'm pooped! I had forgotten how much running around at this job entailed. Oh well, good exercise, right? I brought healthy stuff for my meals while at work and stayed completely out of the cafe. I can't go in there, too tempting with all the goodies and drinks! I didnt work out today and I don't know where I will have time, but I'm gonna try. Yesterday's workout left me really sore in my legs & butt! I still haven't gotten my letter (for Red Wins) that entails the affirmation thingys. Just can't do it. Weird. I know!

Alrighty, well its about time to start getting dinner ready so I'm outtie for now! Be good & stay strong!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

Wow Danielle, you crazy woman! Sounds like you have a ton of energy. Maybe I can go eat at Melissa's and then follow you around for a bit. Great job staying away from the goodies and having healthy foods! I really know we can do this! Now, I have to go back in the thread and figure out what you do for work? My job is more mental than physical. I have to make time at work to get away from my desk.
Now I have to ask, how do Melissa and Danielle know each other. Sorry if you already explained...I can't remember.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 PM   #222  
Melissa

Good Afternoon Red team!!

Chastity....thanks a million for the pats on the back! I really appreciate them alot! Your dissertation huh....my goodness you are ambitious, that is so incredibly admirable of you! Well....the past week wasnt the best but you can make this coming week a winner! I know you can do it! And I gotta say a great big WAY TO GO for your NSV!!! Its so easy to just give in and go out, especially when you've got alot going on! Excellent job doing what is best for your body!! Those are winning choices!!

Erika...I'm so glad to hear you turned your day around! Its much easier to make good choices when you actually want to! LOL!! Excellent job on that workout! Thats funny with your mom and the points, I've noticed ALOT of people do that when they think they are counting carbs too. Way to go on making your healthy choices!!

Karen....I'm sorry to hear your baby is sick! Ive got a sickie home today too. I hope he gets to feeling better soon! And NO chocolate chip cookies!!! Excellent job, even if it did take quite a sight the stop it! LOL!! And thank you for the compliments, I cant tell you how much your kind words mean to me.

Danielle...LOL! I did answer her, but, not entirely. Shes only 12 she doesnt need to know all the specifics! I just tried to act like it was no big deal for her to be asking...inside I was screaming OMG!!!! LOL! I dont like to exercise in front of anyone either...bob I would make the acception for! All that running at work is burning tons and tons of calories...as time goes by its gonna get easier and easier too. Now lets talk about those affirmations. Remember those dont have to be anything major... some examples "oh my toes look cute today" "I made healthy choices today, go me!" "I am a great mom" "I do my job well" "my hair is really pretty today" see...easy! Doesnt have to be deep you can start totally on the surface and go from there! Excellent job on those healthy choices btw!!
Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #223  
Melissa

Karen....Danielle and I met on a different weight loss support board way back in 2001 I think it was. At the time we both lived in Phoenix so we got together for lunch and to walk the mall one day. And we've been thick as thieves ever since. Shortly after we met she moved to California, and then I moved to Montana and she moved back to Arizona, so we dont get to see each other, but I'm hoping we are both going to meet some serious weightloss goals before next May when she comes out for my graduation...right Danielle..hint hint! LOL!!!
Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #224  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

I'm a little too behind to attempt personals right now, but I've been thinking about you.

I went to WI this morning and was up 2oz, but I'm sure I'll show a loss by Monday. I had a minor tangle with a cheeseburger last night, but managed to stop mid-cheat...threw away the bun, left the fries.

A woman at work asked me if I was pregnant yesterday, which basically threw me into emotional eating mode, but I "woke up" before I did too much damage, and realized it would be stupid to let her words affect me that way.

Definitely was not a RED WINS day! I struggle with the N thing especially, I feel pretty stuck in my routine on weekdays.

Talk to everyone soon. I hope you're all doing well this week.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Goodnight all!

Have to get to bed because I'm DETERMINED to run in the morning. I'm trying to make a morning run a habit. So far I'm 0/3 in my attempts to accomplish that, but I think I can, I think I can!

Thanks for all the wonderful advice ladies I think I might hit up the local Walmart. Actually the Walmarts here suck a lot. Maybe I'll take a trip home to see mom and go to that Walmart.

For dinner I was good!My BF was making dinner tonight (spaghetti) so I stopped at the grocery store on the way over and picked up some chicken and frozen vegtables and I asked him (read: told him!) to make them for me. So for dinner I had half a plate of veggies, a broiled chicken breast and a little bit of pasta. Go me!

Then I was bad: I for some reason felt i NEEDED icecream. Simply had to have it. (Don't know why, I haven't craved sweets in months and it's starting to come back... not cool) Anyway, we went and got McFlurries. BAD AMBER. Let me just say the Tummy is NOT a happy camper.

Weigh in is tomorrow for me, I hope it didn't screw me up too bad. I had a not great day at work (An inmate didnt' flash me, so I'm doing better than Karen, ) So I went for a run to try to work out my frustration. I've heard that's a better alternative than an eating binge. So, I ran really hard and really fast! I ran my fastest mile ever today!!!!!! 9:01!!!! Down from 9:50 something. My lungs felt like they were on FIRE. But I felt better. (If only I hadn't gotten the idea of ice cream into my head before the run.)

How are all you C25k -ers doing? And all you walkers? I've become a bit of an exercise pusher My mommy is up to 17 minutes walking on the treadmill! I'm so proud of her She think she thinks I'm being condescending when I tell her that. She's like "Yea right... it's not like it's 9 miles." I just tell her "It's not 9 miles YET!"

Any way, that was a bit of a ramble.

Talk to everyone tomorrow

Last edited by AmberD; 05-03-2007 at 10:59 PM.