Old 04-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #166  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Sheesh I'm behind! LOL!!

Amber...girl I dont know if I could WALK 6 miles so the fact that you are gonna run it!! That is simply amazing! How did the 10 go?

Charity....how'd your run go? I think it is so great we've got so many runners who can support each other like you guys are!! Way to go team!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:35 PM   #167  
Melissa

Love....way to go on those workouts this weekend!! Chinese food is my downfall, but it always makes me feel icky the next day, must be all that msg! I can never make heathy choices with that so good job!!

Charity....oh! got the update on your run..guess I should read ahead before posting LOL!! Way to go!! I've never had eggplant before but I've been curious. I bet I'd never get my fam to eat it! LOL!

Angie....WOOOHOOO!!! Way to go! 3 lbs gone forever!! Excellent job lady!! See all that hard work last week paid off big!! I see another great week in your future! Keep up the great job!

Erika...way to go on your run!!! I want to try C25K after I've taken off some pounds so its not so hard on my chins. Do you like the program? It seems nice for someone like me who doesnt run. Way to go on your trying something new!

Shelby...like I said before...scales are for fish! LOL!! I'm with you, I'm working hard to just stay far away from it but for weigh in day!

Danielle...ugh those busy days! Does the new job start tomorrow or was that today? Dont forget those visits with bob!! he really did miss you so much! I hope you had a great day too!!

Karen....hello!!!

Amber....see....read ahead and I would have gotten your update too LOL!! Way to go on 9 miles!!! that is so amazing!! You guys are so inspiring with these runs!

Sara.....Way to go on an awesome week!!!! 2.2 lbs melting off!!! Yay!! Congrats on a job very well done!! Keep it up! You are shrinking!!! I'm not a runner but I would suggest looking into the couch to 5K program, it is geared for beginners.

hrbabe...excellent point!!! Thanks for explaining that, I forget we've got alot of first time BL challengers with us!!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:45 PM   #168  
Melissa

Good evening red team!! Such a chatty bunch today I LOVE it!! I just hate that I was gone all day to miss it. Luckily the countdown on this semester is almost over!!!

Its been a weird day for me food wise. I had a plan, and stuck to it till I had to go to the school to take care of PTA stuff, then off to get my other daughter for her wellcheck where she got 4 shots...yes 4! My poor girl! Here we thought we were just going for her 12 year old tetenus. Wrong! Apparently they do 2 chicken pox now, and also for menengitus AND we went ahead and did the cervical cancer one too. Well, needless to say once she was done being a human pincushion she wanted Burger king for dinner, and i was so hungry I was having chest pains so thats what we had. I wish I could say I made healthy choices...i did not! But I'm chugging the water now trying to was some of that salt out.

So not a RED WINS day for me but close! I think tomorrow just might be the day for it!!

Have a lovely night everyone! I'm off to study and hit the hay! I got a couple of good books to dive into I've gotta force myself not to! Anyone else love to read?

~melissa
Old 04-30-2007, 11:54 PM   #169  
Melissa

Okay Red team according to the official chart here is who hasnt weighed in

707goddess
donisha81
soon3bbikinibod

Remember you only get 2 freebies!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #170  

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-N-Spice View Post

Charity, your stats are FANTASTIC! How have you been able to lose your weight? It must feel incredible to have shed so much and be so successful!!!
Aw, thanks Danielle (and Karen too!)! I am doing weight watchers. It has taken a while to get this far. I started in January 2006. Since December I have only been doing it half-way. I really need to get back with it and lose the rest of this weight!

I know it is sometimes hard to be kind to ourselves, but you have already made the hardest step. Deciding to lose weight and following through with it are the hardest parts. You should feel very proud of yourself!! You can do this, and you should tell yourself that everyday. You deserve it!

Last edited by CharityKB; 05-01-2007 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:06 AM   #171  

Height: 5'6''

Amber, WOW, 9 miles!!! That is a 3 mile jump, so you should be really happy with it! I am glad I helped to get you motivated, you do the same for me!

Bella, WTG on the 2.2 loss! That is fantastic!

Eusebius, I started with the C25K program too, I think it is great! How are you liking it?

Melissa, your poor daughter!! I hate that my dd has to get so many shots (it seems like every dr. appt. when they are little they have to get 2-4 shots!). Don't worry about the Burger King, one spluge isn't going to have a really large effect. Good for you for drinking lots of water, by the end of the week I doubt it will matter. Just stay on track the rest of the week

Well, I have lots of work to do today, but I will try to check back in later! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #172  
Melissa

Guess what??

RED TEAM WINS WEEK 1!!!

Way to go RED TEAM!!!

And a great big congrats to Mariposita who was our Red team biggest loser with a whopping 4 lbs lost which was 2.68%!!!! You did GREAT!!!!

Keep up the great work RED TEAM!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #173  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Well done RED TEAM! We are the champions ...

Congrats Mariposita on your smokin' 4 lb loss!! And congrats to everyone who did so well this week.

It's a day off from running today so I did some yoga this morning - about a half hour. It's kind of a grey day out there so I'm glad we have the results thread today to help motivate us!

Charity, this is actually the 3rd time I've done C25K. I have fallen off the wagon a few times ... I actually ran my first 5K in 2000 and in Oct 2005 I ran the Niagara half-marathon. But after that I got lazy ... I found that because I was running so much I was hungry ALL THE TIME and didn't actually end up losing any weight, although I am sure I was in much better shape. So I think I can find a balance this time ... I want to get to goal weight FIRST before training for something really major.

Melissa, to you and your daughter!! I am sure you will get rid of the salt & water in no time. Yes, I love to read too!! What are you reading right now? I am reading a mystery called "Ratking" by Michael Dibdin. It's set in Italy ... boy do I love Italy! I've been lucky enough to visit twice and can't wait to go back again ...

Have a RED WINS day everyone!
cheers
E
Old 05-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #174  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

You girls are simply THE BEST! Thank you so much for the incredible support & motivation that I not only receive on a daily basis, but for yesterday especially. You all have no idea (well, Mel might! ) what that means to me. I didnt get a chance to read any of it til this morning and it sure made my day already!

I'm doing another quicky drive-by for right now. DD has a dentist appt. and I've got errands to run after, but I just had to stop by and say hi and tell you girls how much I appreciate each and every one of you. You are awesome!

First day at my new job = F-U-N! I had such a blast, never mind that I ran around for 7 hours straight! Despite the fact that I didnt get a chance to work out, I got 'some' walking in at work! And! I brought healthy foods so I stayed on plan with that all day!

Okay, gotta run....
I'll be back later to do personals and check on you all!

Make today the best gang, keep on shining!
Old 05-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #175  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

WTG Red Team!!!! Let’s make it a winning streak!

Melissa/Love – I have had Chinese food on the brain for ages now. I’ve finally decided to have it as a reward for reaching 30lbs, but I’ll try to make the best choices possible!

You guys are all so inspiring with all the exercise you fit in. Right now my exercise all involves my 2 yr old son…last night is was pulling his tricycle (rope on handle bars) to the park while he ‘rode’ it. Still, it was two 15 minute walks, so I’ll take it.

Danielle – I’m glad your new job was so much fun! I’d love to hear more about it.

Melissa -- Thanks for doing such a great job in remembering everyone and keeping us feeling like a team and motivated!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:26 PM   #176  
Melissa

Good almost afternoon everyone!! Its so beautiful out and i've got so much inside stuff to do...not fair!!!

Charity...I just started She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Comes highly recommended and apparently was and Oprah Bookclub pick at some point. We'll see how it goes. Excellent job on your morning workout!

Danielle....all that running around is burning calories!! I hope the Dentist goes well!! Way to go on sticking to plan yesterday!!!

Angie....I look at it this way...at least you werent home sitting on the couch. anytime you are up off that thing and moving is a step in the right direction! so good job!!

Alright Red team!! Keep on making those healthy choices...its working for us!!! I hope everyone is having a RED WINS day!!

I'm to grocery shop for some healthier choices!! This eating on the fly stuff is for the birds! LOL!!

~melissa
Old 05-01-2007, 01:30 PM   #177  
Melissa

Lets do some more get to know each other stuff....

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for?

2. (in lew of our win this week) Have you ever won anything before?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 PM   #178  
Melissa

Here's mine -

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for?
I have this dark green outfit that I wear every single year to dh's christmas party and every year I say its gonna be the last time I wear it. (backstory - I'm cheap and dont like to buy new clothes in this size!!) So once I'm at my healthy weight, I'm starting that sucker on fire!!! LOL!

I'm sure that I've won something before but I cant remember right now. Nothing major though just fun little things.

~melissa
Old 05-01-2007, 01:34 PM   #179  

Anything in a size 18!!! Actually, the sweats/shorts I wear around the house because they are more comfortable than jeans.

$300 once (bought a digital camera with it).

Great job this week ladies --- Yeah!!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for? My weight has ranged from 200-169 and I have always been either a 16 or a 14. So I've had the same clothes for years and years cause I'm too cheap to buy new stuff too. So I'm looking forward to getting rid of all of them! And buying 12s and heavens, dare I dream... a 10!

My rugby team in college won states and we came in third at nationals I didn't have a lot to do with it, since I was B side... sometimes C side, but It was great