Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
A woman at work asked me if I was pregnant yesterday, which basically threw me into emotional eating mode, but I "woke up" before I did too much damage, and realized it would be stupid to let her words affect me that way.
Congratulations on being stronger than those stupid words from some stupid lady!

I think I would have had to deck her. And then I'd have eaten a cheeseburger. I must say your way of handling was much better!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 PM   #227  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good evening everyone!!!

Angie...WAY TO GO!!! Excellent job stoping yourself from a total binge on junk food!! I'm so sorry you had some rude woman make such a comment to you. You know I NEVER comment on someone being pregnant even if its so obvious for that exact reason. And even if they are pregnant I still dont comment on the size. I find it rude and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Just know you are on the path to a fitter healthier life! You'll get there I know it! Just keep up those good choices!! We can do this!

Amber...I expect to hear a report on that morning run!! You can do it! Way to go on dinner tonight!! You are SO good!! Hey, you know what...sometimes life just calls for icecream! The key is moderation. Nothing in moderation is ever going to hurt you. And sometimes you've just got to feed that craving or it'll lead to worse things. I'm sorry your tummy didnt agree but its out of your system! Excellent run tonight!!! You are doing so great! I'm so impressed with you! The meeting with the scale tomorrow is nothing but a number, it doesnt neccessarily reflect all your hard work! Let us know how it goes!!

~melissa
Old 05-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

good morning All!!! Hooray it's Friday!

Angie: People can be sooo rude. That happened to me a few years back. I could feel my face turn red but I looked the woman straight in the eye and said "no, I just quit smoking (never smoked before) and for some reason I am constipated." I know it wasn't a great comeback but it just fell out. I watched her mouth kind of drop and she looked like she had no idea what to say. All she could say was "I hope it gets better." I think she walked away wishing she had never asked. TMI hehehehehe
Amber: I'll await your running report as well. Someday when this weight comes off, I hope to be able to run or at least find a good bra that keeps the girls in place......
Melissa & Danielle--that's a neat story about how you two met and have stayed friends....awwwwww.
BTW Melissa, I saw your picture on you profile and you are cute as a button and what pretty girls you have.
Good Morning to all the rest of you and hope everyone has a most wonderful day! The sun is shining her in Me. but it is on 32 degrees at the moment. I hope it warms up...kinda windy here too.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:55 AM   #229  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!!

I had an amazing experience yesterday ... well not that amazing really, but a big NSV and I want to share it with you.

My big problem in the past has always been emotional eating. I have suffered from depression, officially since 1997, but I am sure that it was actually much longer than that and I just didn't realize it. Anyway, like many, many people, I would back away from my uncomfortable feelings and try to cover them up and chase them away using food.

And last night ... after Claire got sent home from daycare with pinkeye, and DH was at the office until 9PM yet again ... I was really about to cave.

Well, then I checked my e-mail and I came across this quote from the Buddhist teacher Pema Chödrön:

Instead of asking ourselves, “How can I find security and happiness?” we could ask ourselves, “Can I touch the center of my pain? Can I sit with suffering, both yours and mine, without trying to make it go away? Can I stay present to the ache of loss or disgrace—disappointment in all its many forms—and let it open me? This is the trick.”

Light bulb! I mean, I knew this, but the fact is that I keep learning it, over and over again, and forgetting, and then learning it more. And this time ... knowing I had support and accountability from all of you, and really wanting to make it this time ... it is sinking in.

So thank you all
Anyway I'll be back with personals later so that this post isn't longer than "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". Have a great day!
cheers
Erika
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 AM   #230  
Melissa

Good Morning Red Team!

Karen...we've got the same weather as you this morning, I see blue skies but everything is frosted. Way to put the rude comment maker in her place!! I could have used a snarky comment like that the other night! LOL!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Erika....first of all I have to give you a great big congrats on your NSV!!! Thank you so much for sharing that quote. Have you read the book "The Secret"? I'm not sure I buy the whole idea but the concepts I totally agree with. Anyway, in the book it talks about being grateful for everything in your life, including pain. That its not until you can be thankful for it, be grateful for the experience, that you can finally let it go. I'm a big believer that everything happens in our lives for a reason, that there is a lesson in everything especially the not so good stuff. Sometimes its hard to find that lesson and because of that it holds us back and keeps us down. Okay, getting deep now! LOL!! What I mostly wanted to say was I thought it was great you had your moment last night! Its a step towards that healthy you physically and mentally.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:56 AM   #231  
Melissa

"Failing to plan is planning to fail" That was me yesterday. I went from having a stellar day on Wednesday to an off day yesterday. My big struggle is making healthy choices at lunch time. For whatever reason I get lazy and its really hard to stick to healthy eating during this time of day. I might have to just buy a bunch of frozen WW and lean cuisines but so much sodium in those usually. So here is my plan for today:

Breakfast - SF shake, banana
snack - apple and almonds
Lunch - sandwich, diet pepsi, cucumbers
snack - yogurt and trisquits
dinner - goulash and a salad
snack - popcorn

Its a busy busy day around here, our PTA carnival is tonight which means it will also be a LATE night too. And I've got 3 lbs of chocolate chip cookie dough to cook up and 2 trays of brownies!! But, not to worry I am stronger than goodies!

Also, since its not raining I want to try to walk to campus today...my last class of the semester!!

Okay, thats a pretty decent plan! Now, as long as I dont have a sickie home today and I use my time wisely I'll have no worries! have a wonderful day RED team!!

~melissa
Old 05-04-2007, 10:27 AM   #232  

Height: 5'6''

Happy Friday everyone!

Well, I am sad to report I had a .6 gain this week So sorry guys. I promise to do better...

Angie, you handled that situation really well! When my dd was about 5 or 6 months old, some lady in the grocery was talking to me and saying how beautiful dd was and such, and then looked at me and said "looks like you have another on the way soon." She even patted my belly!! I just said, "Nope, still trying to work off the weight from the first one." The sad thing is, the women didn't even seem that embarassed!

Amber, we are expecting a report about your run. You are a better woman than I, I can't even ATTEMPT morning runs yet! I am luck to get out by 9 or 10! Good luck on your weigh in. Isn't your 1/2 marathon tomorrow?

Erika, that is a great quote, wonderful inspriation! Congrats on the NSV!

Melissa, good luck with your plan today! You can do it!

Sorry for those I missed in personals, it is hard to keep up!

I hope you all have a great Friday and a wonderful weekend! My 5K is tomorrow and we are leaving this afternoon to go out of town (the race is in my husbands hometown). I will try to check in a little over the weekend.

GO RED TEAM!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #233  

I'm happy to report! I went on my run this morning It only took 4 previous tries, but I got up and ran my 3 mile loop! It feels great to have it out of the way. My half is on Sunday, I've decided to just have fun and run for the joy of running.

Erika! Awesome NSV!!! We all need to be reminded of things we already 'know' sometimes.

Charity: Don't let the gain get you down! Sometimes scales don't cooperate.

Melissa: Hope you have an OP day today Good for you getting right back on the wagon

I'm happy to report this kid is down 2.5 pounds! I'm finally back to my ticker weight. Wooohoo!

Last edited by AmberD; 05-04-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM   #234  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Morning Gang!

Amber, WTG on the loss this week and the run! Nice attitude in preperation for your run this weekend!!

Charity, yanno, .6 is nuthin' lady! You're still doing fabulous and that lil blip on the screen will disappear in no time! Best of luck to you on your 5k this weekend, I know you will do great!

Melissa, it sounds like your plate is full today with all you got going on! All the better to stay on track, right? I do not envy you with the chocolate chip cookie baking.....altho, Kathy may want to drop by for one as long as you promise of no flashers!!! Those are my absolute fave so I'm glad it's you and not me, because I would eat the dough by itself, forget making them!! lol Enjoy your last class today! Yahoo!!

Erika, I am thrilled for you and your nsv for the day! What a great feeling it must be to really connect to something. Good for you!

Kathy, yes, Melissa is my bestest friend in the whole wide world. I really wish I'd have been blessed to meet her years & years before, she is amazing. And yeah, I agree, she is "cute as a button", huh? I hope your day today is filled with lots of good things and more importantly, no flashers. Oh, and to answer your question about my job....
I just work part-time in a major-chain bookstore. This store in particular is extremely busy and I am on my feet & on the go the entire time I'm there. It's alot of fun to be around all those books (movies and music too!) and nice to know that while I'm there I can't forage thru my fridge! LOL

Angie, I am SO sorry for what you had to experience! I have had the same exact one a few years back so I know the hurt and humiliation you probably felt at first. I had even dropped about 20lbs when it happened and was feeling pretty damn good about myself! Nothing like someone's ignorance to blow your self-esteem. Good for you for being stronger than those words and moving on! I hope you're feeling much better today sweetie!
Old 05-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #235  
Danielle-Red Team Member

I am so glad it's Friday!! Felt like a really long week and I'm glad to have the weekend to catch my breathe alittle. Anybody have plans for the weekend? We are going to see Spiderman tonight & then the weekend will be filled with errand running, work, & housework. Wait. Did I say, "catch my breath", in that first sentence? LOL As usual a mom's work is never done, is it?

Hey, got a question!
I weighed today and I am down 2.5 pounds. BUT. Here's the question: I was up .5 last week. Do I subtract that part of my loss for this week to say I only lost 2 pounds? I'm confused! LOL I know Melissa's busy so thought I'd throw it out there for you girls and see what you thought.

Alright, well it's time to don my maid outfit and start a-cleanin. All you girls be good and keep on shining!!!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:58 PM   #236  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Wow, this thread has really taken off and there's no way I can catch up now. I'm really bad with being chatty and talking about my daily life and such. Oh well. Guess I'm just quiet (online! Not in person... haha). Just know that I'm here and that I hope everyone's having a great OP week! GO RED TEAM!
Old 05-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-N-Spice View Post
I weighed today and I am down 2.5 pounds. BUT. Here's the question: I was up .5 last week. Do I subtract that part of my loss for this week to say I only lost 2 pounds? I'm confused! LOL I know Melissa's busy so thought I'd throw it out there for you girls and see what you thought.
I normally just post my weight for the week and let Chellez do the math because I'm not entirely sure the method she uses.

Lindsey: Every team needs the strong silent type I guess you're ours!

Charity do you have a 5k tomorrow?

I was soooo bad at lunch But, while not the healthiest of meal choices I only ate half and wrapped the rest up. So it's the small victories that count. Right!? Right...?

To answer your question Danielle, This weekend I plan on doing LAUNDRY I hate doing it with the fire of a thousand suns. But it's been like 3 weeks. We're out of the bare essentials if you know what I mean!
What's everyone else up to?
Old 05-04-2007, 03:59 PM   #238  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Why is it everytime I feel justified in going hog wild with food whenever I've had a good weigh in???? This really REALLY irks me. I know that I should reward myself with something substantial and not crappy food, but yet, there I go. Argh! I'm so disgusted with myself! I ate nothing but garbage for lunch today and after I was done I realized that I didn't even like it very much. Am I seriously trying to punish myself over and over again with food, or what????

I figured coming here and confessing my "sins" would help me to reign it in for the rest of the afternoon. Tonight, I then will have to contend with movie theatre popcorn, which I love!

I seriously need to focus harder and maybe set up a rewards system to help me stay on course. Do any of you guys have rewards picked out for certain parts of your weight loss journey?
Old 05-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-N-Spice View Post
Why is it everytime I feel justified in going hog wild with food whenever I've had a good weigh in???? This really REALLY irks me.
I'm right there with you my friend! I had a good weigh in today, so went out and got myself one of those mega buritoes because "I deserved it."

The important thing is that we recognize this is NOT a good behavior the 'reward' (food) isn't really what we want or worth it.

The second important part is breaking that cycle. I'm still working on that one.

All we can do is brush ourselves off, say "Oops, I'll do better next meal. Next time I feel I need a reward I'll think of something better" and move on.

As far as rewards go... I struggle with this one. I've always rewarded myself with food and it's hard for me to break that. I'm interested in what the others do.

Danielle, our bad lunches didn't ruin our hard work this week! We'll just be good this weekend and kick some major butt at next weigh in too. And (hopefully) find a better way to reward ourselves.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #240  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

OK back for personals as promised!
Thanks everyone for listening to my big ol' speech ... I have been feeling really good ever since!! I finished Week 4 of C25K today ... on to the 2 mile run next week!

Angie - OMG, I can't believe the rudeness of some people!! Well, phooey on them ... you will rise above all that pettiness and meet your goals! WTG on your victory over the burger and fries ... I don't know if I could have been that strong with them staring me in the face!

Charity - WTG on eating a healthy lunch at home! That is truly a great NSV. .6 is nothing as Melissa said and it will be gone in a jiff. Have a terrific time away and have a great 5K! Will be thinking of you!!

Karen - on that flasher! Hey at least she put you off the cookie! So you are really a Maritimer ... very cool. I just love Maine, maybe I can come visit you someday!!

Amber - 9:01 ?? You are a speed demon!! I think my fastest mile is like 10:45 or something (and I couldn't do that right now). Terrific job working out your stress with running ... WTG! Well done also on the morning run ... it does feel great to have it out of the way (and to be able to rejoice in it all day)! I hope you really do have a fun half. I'm looking forward to the day when I can run another one. Maybe Toronto this fall ...

Melissa - Fantastic plan for today ... how did it go? You must be at PTA carnival now ... I hope it went well and you were able to resist all the goodies!

Danielle - 2.5 pounds - that is AWESOME!!! : Hope you enjoy Spiderman and have a great weekend. You said it about a mother's work!!
Re rewards -every 5 lbs or so I like to use things like new makeup, a magazine or book, a CD, shoes ... you get the picture. Anything that is non-food but still pampers me! No worries about lunch ... it's just one meal and you'll pick right back up I'm sure.

Hi Lindsey, great to hear from you!!

Well, tomorrow is Claire's birthday party and I plan to have 2 pieces of pizza (with multigrain crust) and a VERY SMALL slice of her birthday cake, and a glass of wine (as I do most nights on Sonoma). Send me your vibes ladies!! I will need them to avoid all the snackies that will be around for the kids. They are coming in costume and Claire's present is a dress up box full of hats, shoes, a doctor kit etc. Should be fun!

Have a great night everyone
cheers
Erika