Old 05-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #196  

Height: 5'6''

Hey girls! Ok, I didn't answer the questions yesterday, but I will today.

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for? Pretty much everythink above a size 12! I have lots of 12s that I used to be able to wear (I lost a lot of weight before and then put it all, plus more, back on). I have a few 10s that I can't wait to wear, I only barely fit into them before I started gaining again. I have so many clothes in every size from 10-22/24, so I can't wait to be rid of all the fat stuff!

2. (in lew of our win this week) Have you ever won anything before?
I have won a few things, but nothing spectacular. A few academic awards (I am a geek) and maybe a little on lottery (I won $50.00 on lottery ticket dh gave me in stocking one year at Christmas).
Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 AM   #197  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Default congratulations to all of us

Sorry to be awol, teammates! Kids and I have the flu. I have spent most of my time since Sunday in bed (and not in a good way), but did go take an exam last night and have to take another one tonight.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations on my loss. I was really shocked to see I was the winner, because I looked at how many people posted awesome losses for the week. I was helped by the leaving of AF right before weight-in, and I look forward to seeing all the other winners we'll have in the coming weeks. Congratulations to everyone for making it through the first week! I think we all deserve huge props just for signing up for this.

Needless to say, have only done a little bit on RED WINS. BUT, the water challenge helped me to remember to drink lots of fluids, which I actually think helped with the fever and dehydration. I've had absolutely no appetite, which is scary because my metabolism seems to be super-efficient at slowing down when I drop my calories too low. So, I'm making an effort to eat again. Had an omelet with lots of tomatoes and some cheese and that went down pretty well, but I could only get about half of my toast down.

Well, I'm off hit the library to study for my test tonight, then take a nap this afternoon. At least it's raining like crazy so I won't feel too deprived.

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #198  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Oh Charity is having a big bon fire too! LOL!!

Ann...I'm so sorry to hear that you are sick! And have to take exams on top of it! Hopefully you'll be feeling alot better very soon. Just go easy and dont push it, get all that rest and fluids! Congrats on a fantastic first week! Good luck on your exam tonight!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #199  
Melissa

Okay Red Team...working on my "I" here!!

So I drove to the park and ride parking lot this morning, and WALKED to campus! I even beat the bus! Then instead of catching the bus back to the parking lot I WALKED again!! Its approx. 15-20 minutes each way.

Plus, I've got to go do PTA stuff at the school and instead of driving I'm going to WALK to the school and back! Its only about 5 blocks but its is over a rail yard, so a great big hill/bridge to climb.

See, if I can change my habits so can you!!!

So far so good on my RED WINS!! I think I'm gonna make it!!

How is your day going?

~melissa
Old 05-02-2007, 12:52 PM   #200  

Melissa -- Would you have ever thought of the walking before you started your weight loss? I know I always looked for the closest spots (especially with the two kids!!) now I just park in the back and we all walk the distance --- good for me, good for them

Ann -- Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:54 PM   #201  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Danielle – Great! I have credits for audiobooks right now, so I’ll check out Janet Evanovich next time I’m buying one. Is there one you’d recommend I read first?

Eusebius – I used my voucher to take a friend and myself to the Dominican Republic for a week. It was the first time either of us had that type of vacation, and we had a blast. I have lots of shapeless jacket too, can’t wait for new tailored stuff! I know I don’t need to, since we are all just writing not ‘talking’, but I’d really like to know how to pronounce your name properly. Would you mind spelling it out phonetically for me?

Melissa – I think you just answered my question to Danielle about which book to read first….they come in order! Awesome. The PTA meeting outside sounds great.

Ann – I hope you are out of bed and feeling better soon. Good luck on your next test!
Old 05-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #202  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday Girlfriends!!!!

Karen, you & I will share a seat at Mel's. She makes some of the best food, I swear! Not to mention, she's got great fresh air out there in beautiful MT!! I hope you're having a great day!

Charity, hey girly! I can't wait to be rid of my fat girl stuff too! I say we take up with Melissa and burn it all together! Ha!

Ann, I'm so sorry you are sick!! Get lots of rest so you can get well fast. Good luck on your test tonight!

Shelby, I do the parking thing too. Yeah, my kids grumble the entire time & I always tell 'em if their old mom can do it so can they! lol

Angie, yes, the Stephanie Plum series goes in order (well, you 'could' read out of sequence but I don't think they're as funny that way. ), and starts with One For The Money. We're all the way to 13 now so you've got some catching up to do!

Melissa, great job on the walking today, sister!! You're definitely set up for a Red Wins day. Yahoo! Yeah, about the Gardisil.... I think it's a good thing as long as these girls are taught that it doesn't prevent anything else, ie. AIDS, other STD's or pregnancy! The way some of the commercials are presented makes it sound like a cure-all. KWIM? I'm just thankful that my girls ask lots of questions (even tho at times it is WAY embarrassing! lol) and want to educate themselves. DS is the same way, and I feel really good about sending them out into the world of dating/relationships knowing that they are arming themselves with facts about things that could affect the rest of their lives. Ok, done with the soapbox. LOL .... your PTA meeting sounded like it went well yesterday, and being outside I'm sure made it alot easier to be at. Hope you enjoyed that walk to the school today, I'm sure its a workout with the hills & all, but well worth the effort!

Okay gang, time to go. I got a date with Bob. He is promising me that if I keep hanging out with him that I will have a smokin bod in no time at all! Woo hoo!!!

Make today a great one!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:41 PM   #203  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

WARNING _ Mini Rant! I have a couple of challenges right now and I thought it would be better to tell you ladies about them than to go try and drown the emotions in food.
I am exhausted today. DD decided it would be a good idea to wake up in the middle of the night for an hour and a half and talk. It took ages to get her back to sleep again. So now I am a zombie, and even though I just took a nap I still feel knackered. Sorry to whine ... I am trying not to let it get me down.

My mom just sent me an e-mail asking if I want to bring DD over for "chicken wings and whatever" tomorrow night. Is she kidding me? CHICKEN WINGS? She knows I am trying to eat healthy !! Here is the crazy part: she makes stuff like that for my dad, expects everyone else to eat it, but doesn't eat it herself!! It drives me nuts!! Why not just make something healthy that everyone can eat? Doesn't bother my dad ... he actually SKIPS LUNCH every day so he can eat whatever he wants at dinner ... Then she wonders why I would have food issues or be concerned about my weight ... well DUH ...

Anyway, I said no, I had already bought the ingredients for mini-pizzas so that Claire and I could make them together. Which is actually true, but if she'd suggested something healthy for dinner I could easily have done it another night. Sigh ...

No matter ... things like this will not keep me from my goal!

Melissa - Great plan for the day and WTG on walking the extra distances!! That's the attitude you need to succeed and you definitely have it!!

Charity - You are going to rock the size 10s very soon!! What kind of a geek are you? I am a music geek, not so much a math or science geek though ... math challenged would be more like it.

Ann - All the best for your exam tonight and I hope you are feeling better soon!

Angie - Actually my real name is Erika so that might be the easiest thing to call me. Eusebius is pronounced "you-SEE-bee-us" and it's an obscure music history geek reference ... I usually use it for screen names because it's almost never taken ... gee I wonder why
That's cool that you went to the DR! I just went there for the first time in Feb. for my brother's wedding. What a beautiful place.

Danielle - ITA with you and Melissa about the cervical cancer vaccine!! It's all about protecting our kids AND giving them the facts. I hope you had a great date with Bob!

to Shelby and anyone else I missed!

All right ladies ... my last student just left so it's time for some knitting! Have a terrific evening everyone!
cheers
Erika
Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 PM   #204  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

HI red team,
Sorry I've been MIA for the past couple of days. Things wer just a bit crazy around here. I've been trying to get my house in order. My DH is going out of town and I am throwing a party for my DS in a couple of weeks. Since we'd been sick, the laundry was a bit backed up. I still have tons to fold. I don't know if I am going to ever get caught up. See this is were I am not so good at being a SAHM. I like to see progjects completed and laundry is one of thos things that's never complete. UGH.

At any rate, I am back on track today. I had a great and filling lunch and a really good breakfast. I am hooked on roasted califlower. I think I am going to try eggplant at some point this week. I have a dish that I make using it, but it's usually masked my the bread crumbs and italian sausage. I think I could even modify that dish a bit too though by adding turkey italian sausage and wheat bread crumbs.

Today I did my walk and jog WATP and took the kids for a walk to the park. I am going to try and sneak another workout in tonight. I took Mon and Tues off so I've got to put some extra in somewhere. I was just soo tired. I feel a little more energetic today though.

Glad that we won the 1st week weigh in. I've got my eating together, and plan to switch things up a bit, with some Tae bo. I am shooting for a RED WINS day today.

My DD woke up from her nap earlier than I would have liked today, so I'll have to do personals later. Wishing you all a happy and healthy day.
Love
Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM   #205  
Melissa

Shelby....you know what, i've been "trying" to lose weight for so long I cant even remember how I acted before LOL!! But, I can say, that because of my weight I would go out of my way to avoid people looking at me and saying (at least in my head) "no wonder she's fat, she parks in the first row" stuff like that. Or hide the junk food in the grocery cart...anyone else do these things. As if I'm fooling anyone....oh I dunno how I got fat! I walk all the time and I eat only the healthiest of foods! LOL! Oye!

Hi Angie!!! Definelty start with One for the Money. The characters really develop as you go along so you want to go in order. Have fun!!!

Danielle...how'd your date go? Speaking of the girls asking embarrassing questions, Taylor asked me how lesbians had sex. That one was SO MUCH FUN!! LOL!

Erika...you did the right thing coming here to rant!!! Get it all off your chest and dont try to drown it with food because you know its only going to make you feel worse. Kids...what can you do but love me! LOL!! I'm sorry you had a long night, hopefully tonight will be better. and as far as the wings go....PORTION CONTROL AND MODERATION! Plus, I dont know about you but we always have celery with our wings. Bring along some lowfat italian dressing to dip. And just dont overdo on the wings. Enjoy without letting it derail you. I'm sorry you have to be put into that situation but you really can work it through, I know you can!! Good luck!!

Love...good to see you!!! Sorry things are crazy, hopefully they settle down but I always say...busy keeps you out of trouble! Roasted cauliflower huh...yummo!!! I love cauliflower, my only problem is it makes my tummy really gassy (I know TMI! ) LOL!!

Have a great afternoon everyone!! I'm off to run a few errands and then its track practice!!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #206  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for?Everything, I would love to see nothing but a size 10 and under in my closet!

2. (in lew of our win this week) Have you ever won anything before?
Never really won anything...actually scratch that out I 've won lots! I have a wonderful family, agreat hubby and two beautiful children...there my biggest and the best win anytime anywhere!

Sorry for not keeping up with the personals but i've had a rough week to say the least. TOM finally showed up Tuesday morning. Started my new position at work Monday and my son was real ill last night, so its been a pretty tiring week. ALthough, I must say I've managed to exercise on Monday morning and this morning and I love it. I know I am strange either than the fact that I hate getting up at 5:30am to exercise, I love the way I feel when I am exercising and after I'm done.

It's awesome that we won the first weeks weigh ...GO RED TEAM!!! Hopefully we will always be the winners, regardless though we will always be winners as we all have a great support team and we can do this.

Oh yeah sorry about the screw up with entering my weight...I will try to follow instructions now and just edit my chart each week....sorry for any confusion this may have caused. I will be more careful.

Hope you all have a great evening.

Take care!

Sara
Old 05-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #207  

Sara – That’s awesome, I never thought of “winning” my family, you make me feel guilty that I forgot them! My brother-in-law told us when our first son was born that we were millionaires – because you wouldn’t give him up for a million dollars!!

Melissa – I have such a complex about people “knowing” I’m overweight and making judgments. When you order dinner out, what groceries I buy, the clothes I look at in stores, etc. I’ve gotten better and, as my mother puts it, “what makes you think you are that important that anyone is staring at you anyway”. That gets me through the gym most days!!! When I started a year ago just walking threw the door into the exercise room I would swear everyone was staring, now I don’t even look around myself.

Love – Good to see you!! I have to admit, when I worked full time (before kids) I definitely had a different impression of SAHM’s until I became one. There is more work to do than I will ever finish! I’ll be going back to work next year when my youngest starts school, but I want two months off first to catch up on everything!! I used to drive myself crazy getting stuff done, but finally decided I’d rather play with the boys than wash walls – because they won’t remember the clean walls but they will remember that I took the time to play with them.

Erika – Did you make the pizzas? I love making pizza with the kids – they love it and seem to eat anything they make better than when I just set a good dinner down in front of them. Hope your daughter sleeps better tonight. It never fails with my youngest, whenever I actually get a chance to go to bed early, he will have some “issue” during the night and keep me up for an hour – extra sleep never works out for me!!

Danielle – How was your date with Bob? That man seems to spread himself pretty thin, but you guys definitely work hard to compete for his attention!!

Angie – Hope you have a great day and get to some of those books!!

Ann – Hope everyone is feeling better.

I’m sure I missed someone – sorry – I’m trying to get everyone down but my goodness, there are a lot of “losers” here!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:12 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Hi guys !

It's kind of late, so I haven't gone through I'll the latest posts, I'll do that sometime tomorrow.

I just needed to have a small little pity party for myself.

I'm having a fat and ugly day A fat and ugly week actually. You guys ever get that? The face looking back at you from the mirror doesnt look much different from yesterday, but you just FEEL like you are completely disgusting looking? Yea, well I've felt that way the last couple days.
Ironically, I think it's because of the weight loss. None of my clothes fit me anymore. Everything looks frumpy and baggy. It makes me look disheveled. Throw in a bad hair day and poof! you have an ugly day.
I don't have the money to go out and buy anything at the moment, plus I'm hoping to drop another size before too terribly long.

Anyway, pity party over! Having clothes be too big is better than them being too small! I just need to keep telling myself to deal with it for a bit longer! I've promised myself some new wardrobe items as soon as i get my tax refund.

I haven't read the posts! But I will tomorrow morning. I hope they are all well and good and tomorrow's are too!

RED TEAM RULES
Old 05-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #209  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

My, My, it's soo hard keeping up with this chatty bunch.

I can definatley identify with the whole hiding things in the grocery cart. I know other people think it, cuz I look at people and think it myself. I know, I know, it's wrong. But sometimes it actully helps me to make better choices. If I could snatch all of the junk out of someones cart I would. Can't they understand, that big ol bag of cheetos is not helping only hurting.

The gym is the other place that's hard for me to do. I feel very akward there and like people are looking at me. Shoot I am about to adobt Shelby's moms philosophy.

AmberD-Like you said better to have clothes too big than too small. Just think of the prize, and the new wardrobe you are going to give yourself.

Mia-I too love the way I feel when I am done exercising. I have a friend that says she hates to exercise, and I'm like, don't you like to sweat? Don't you like the burn, how you feel afterward? She was like NO! Once I start doing it, I love it. It's the getting started part that's hard. I am supposed to be getting up at 5:30 tomorrow so I can get my workout in and maybe a few loads befor the day begins. It's going to be a crazy one here tomorrow.

Ericka-Sorry your mom was attempting to sabotage your weighloss efforts. I know that people don't really mean to do this, but most of the time they don't really understand just how hard it is to stay committed and focused.

Sorry I have to cut this short. If I have any intetion of getting up in the morning I need to get in the bed ASAP.
Love
Old 05-03-2007, 06:06 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

Good morning Red Team!
Love getting up to read all the new posts! I was thinking Wow you guys stay up late but then realized DUH we are all in different time zones.

Erika-I understand the mom sabotage thing. My mom is extremely fit and eats very healthy. My mom doesn't mean to do it. She just splurges herself when we come over...it is her exuse to have an off day on her healthy ways. I hate that. Sometimes they just don't think. She odered 3 double cheese/stuffed crust pizza's.. ugh, my kids were like OMG, no vegetables?

Question? Dod anyone take a before picture of themselves before starting this? I have avoided the camera since I was in high school. (over 20 years)
My dh mentioned this to me.. (btw, he is actually noticing) My first reaction was like NO Way, but then I thought it may at least help keep the motivation going?

Well, getting ready for work... I don't know if I said but I work in a jail. We have had a couple of murders in the last two weeks and for Maine that is HUGE HUGE HUGE. So, I am sneaking in back doors at work cause the media is always waiting to get some info from us. ugh, the paperwork! fortunately TOM is almost over...this week has really been a test for me on self control.....I could really go for a warm chocolate chip cookie