Old 05-01-2007, 01:43 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Charity...I just started She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Comes highly recommended and apparently was and Oprah Bookclub pick at some point. We'll see how it goes.
I think I read this book back in high school. Is it about a fat girl whose really messed up?

I don't remember details about it, I just remember really really really disliking it. I hated the main character. Maybe I was just too young to get it.

What do you think so far?
Old 05-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #182  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL....well I really only read the first few pages and so far all thats happened is she's remembering buying the TV when she was 4. We'll see, I've heard reviews like yours to go along with the good ones. It'll be very interesting. I'm not usually a big fan of a man writing a womans point of view...go figure! LOL!

A size 10....wont that be fantastic!!!! Thats my goal as well!

~melissa
Old 05-01-2007, 01:53 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I'm not usually a big fan of a man writing a womans point of view...go figure!
Me either!!!! I'm pretty sure that's why I didn't like Steve Martin's book Shop Girl. The whole time all I could think was this is a man... trying to write in a woman's perspective... and failing...

We're totally going to rock size 10s someday~!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #184  
Melissa

I've not read that one or seen the movie, it just never interested me, perhaps we are on to the reason why! I'll give this one awhile, but if I really hate the character I'll move on, lifes to short to waste time on bad books right!? I'll just patiently bide my time till the 13th Stephanie Plum is out...do you read those?

I might just have to make that a reward for myself. I cant get that book till I've taken off 25....oooHH!! Theres a plan LOL!

~melissa
Old 05-01-2007, 04:42 PM   #185  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Ya'll are some busy bees today!!! I love it!!

Mariposita, CONGRAT'S on being our biggest loser this week! Rock on!!!

All our Red Team: You girls are awesome! WTG on a great team win! I am way thankful as all I contributed is a half pound gain! I promise, next WI will be better!

Angie, I am with Melissa, anything that keeps you movin & groovin is a definite step in the right direction! And that includes pulling little monkey's on their trikes! My job? I work part-time at a major-chain bookstore. Worked there for about 6 months a couple years back, and it feels awesome to be back. I love books!!! And I really love interacting with people, so nice to be in the land of adults after speaking kid for so long! LOL

Charity, my amazing shrinking woman! Well, the way I see it: You're in the home stretch now, those few pounds have got nuthin on you. You WILL see goal!! And we will all be here to witness it!
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #186  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Bella, Amber, hrBabe, Shelby, I hope you ladies are having a great Tuesday!!

Melissa, what a big bummer for DD! Mine all go in this summer for their well checks and it's always drama until they find out for sure if they're getting shots or not. And I'm the worst when it comes to that! LOL Did they ask you if you wanted the "cancer shot" or is it now just part of the regimine they give? I'm not entirely sold on the idea yet, so their doc has some convincing to do. I hope DD is feeling better today. Don't sweat the BK, one flub won't make much of a difference, just keep slugging that water down and you're golden!

Looks like rain here today. Yuck. 100 degree weather, wind & rain. I hate that when the sun doesn't shine I get so melancholly(sp?) and very sleepy! Good thing we have mostly sun year-round or I'd be a mess! lol

Alrighty girls, I'm outty again! Momma duty calls!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 PM   #187  
Danielle-Red Team Member

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for? I can't think of just any ONE thing! lol I want to get rid of ALL of it!!!!!!! I hate all my clothes, my shirts look like giant squares and my pants...Lordy!

2. (in lew of our win this week) Have you ever won anything before?

In high school when I was in band we won all kinds of awards, and color guard I did too. My best $ win tho was in Vegas a few years back, where I won 900.00 at a video poker machine I just happened to be standing next to while waiting for DH to cash in chips & all with $5!! That night I won 1500.00 playing one round of Keno, and then 2 days later I won 2200.00 on my first hand of video poker. That was a fun vacation to say the least!
Old 05-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

hey red team..sounds like everyone is doing great. thanks for being such an encouraging bunch! I am staying away from the scale tomorrow. After a five pound loss, I went out tonight and had a couple glasses of wine and ate a little more than I should. Work has been stressful! I am sorry not to be posting a lot. My goal this week is to make a list of everyone on the team and make the effort to get to know a bit about each one of you.!

WOOOHOOO GO RED TEAM!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #189  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for?
Hmm…all my big fat bathing suits, and all my big ugly bras. I want all cute colourful ones!

2. Have you ever won anything before?I won a sales contest at work once, and the prize was a $2000 travel voucher…that was awesome! I won a cell phone when they were still too big to fit in most purses…lol.

I would loooove to be a size 12…that’s about where I will be when I reach my goal. Last time I weighed 175 I was very comfy in a 12 and could sometimes buy a 10 if it had enough lycra..haha.

Melissa – Who is Stephanie Plum? I’m an avid reader, and always looking for new recommendations.

Danielle – That sounds like a great job! It’s so good to love what you do.

Quote:
my shirts look like giant squares
You are so funny! I feel the same way, I hate looking at my great big stuff when I fold the laundry.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM   #190  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
1. What item of clothing are you most looking forward to getting rid of once you get to that healthy size you are aiming for?
Hmm…all my big fat bathing suits, and all my big ugly bras. I want all cute colourful ones!

2. Have you ever won anything before?I won a sales contest at work once, and the prize was a $2000 travel voucher…that was awesome! I won a cell phone when they were still too big to fit in most purses…lol.

I would loooove to be a size 12…that’s about where I will be when I reach my goal. Last time I weighed 175 I was very comfy in a 12 and could sometimes buy a 10 if it had enough lycra..haha.

Melissa – Who is Stephanie Plum? I’m an avid reader, and always looking for new recommendations.

Danielle – That sounds like a great job! It’s so good to love what you do.

You are so funny! I feel the same way, I hate looking at my great big stuff when I fold the laundry.

OMG Angie, you don't know who Stephanie Plum is??? You will seriously love this character if you want to be entertained and laugh out loud! Janet Evanovich is the author, definitely start reading!!!

Talking about hating to fold my laundry, we wont even go into folding undies! I can't wait to get rid of my big icky bras either!
Old 05-01-2007, 11:51 PM   #191  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Old jeans. I really really want some new jeans that REALLY fit. Also I noticed today that I have a lot of big shapeless jackets. They have to go!!

2. (in lew of our win this week) Have you ever won anything before?
DH has won $10 in the lottery a few times I won a few classes in the music festival when I was a kid. Lost my share, too.

Melissa - We should have an old clothes burning party when we all reach goal. On the beach somewhere perhaps? Great questions! Let us know what you think of "She's Come Undone!"

Amber - I am so impressed that you were on a college sports team! LOL I never used to get picked for elementary school gym teams, never mind college sports!

Danielle, I hope better weather is coming your way!! I love books too. I used to work in a library in high school and I'd get caught reading the books instead of shelving them. So those "get caught reading" commercials on PBS make me laugh

Karen - I hope things cool down at work for you soon. You have been doing great and I'm sure the wine and a bit of extra food won't keep you off track for long. Hang in there!!

Angie - Wow $2000 in travel, awesome! Where did you go? I can't wait to see pics of everyone rocking their dream clothes sizes!

to Shelby, Bella, hrbabe, Mariposita, and any one else I missed!

Have a great night everyone and make it a great Wednesday!
cheers
e
Old 05-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #192  
Melissa

Danielle....hey lady!!!! the Gardasil was my choice. We talked about it with the doc and he highly recommended it. I guess I just dont view it like alot of these other people are, I dont see it as giving her a license to go have sex. Because she KNOWS being protected from cervical cancer doesnt mean she cant get pregnant, or get AIDS or any other STD. We talked about it....you should have seen her face when I told her why people were against the vaccination....such a little lady I have! Oh sorry to ramble on about that! Sheesh woman...remind me to take you to vegas with me!!! LOL!

Karen....Celebrate that 5 lbs girl!! You deserved it!! Dont sweat tonight just remember its over now and back to business!!! You are doing so great!!! Keep it up!

Angie....oohh pretty underwear!! wont that be fun. Dont you just hate how they dont make really cute stuff for the big girls?! I'd love to be able to wear some sexy lacy things and get rid of the over the shoulder boulder holders!! LOL!! Danielle answered the Stephanie Plum question. There are 12 books in the series, #13 comes out this summer! Janet Evanovich, she's not the best writer (although each book gets better and better), but the characters are so lovable. All of her characters just have so much going on. And funny! She could spin off any one of them and they'd be wonderful. I highly recommend picking up One for the Money ASAP!! Make sure you read them in order too!

Erika...I am definetly having a big bon fire when i reach goal!! And everyone is invited!! Wouldnt that be so fun!!
Old 05-02-2007, 12:24 AM   #193  
Melissa

Okay....I was looking at our RED WINS challenge and OMG!! You girls are kicking butt!! I want a RED WINS!!!! Thats it...tomorrow is the day! I'm going to make my plan right now!

Breakfast - SF shake and a banana
snack - apple and almonds
Lunch - ham sandwich, no mayo no cheese
snack - veggies and trisquits
Dinner - Italian chicken penne w/ peppers
snack - sugar free lime jello with pineapple

Okay....this is so doable!! The hard part will be the exercise but I think I'll walk instead of using the park and ride bus!

I'm gonna have a RED WINS day!!! I can do it!! Who is with me?!

Long day today can ya tell? I'm a little giddy! We had our first track practice tonight then directly to PTA...where we were locked out of the school but since it was so beautiful out we just had our meeting on the lawn! I'm ready for bed!!

Sleep well Red team!!!

~melissa
Old 05-02-2007, 05:51 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 253/241/170

Height: 5'6

hey Melissa, sounds like a great menu. can I come over...yum
Old 05-02-2007, 08:48 AM   #195  
Melissa

Absolutely I'll set an extra place! LOL!!