Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:44 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! We did enjoy the battle of Carthage reenactment this afternoon even though it was kind of cold! I think it only go up to about 60 degrees. But we really enjoyed it. I have a few still shots that I can post here but I am in the process of posting videos on my facebook if anyone is interested in seeing them. I have 5 posted here and will post the others in another post. I hope you enjoy them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #5.jpg (40.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg #6.jpg (44.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg #7.jpg (44.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg #8.jpg (45.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg #9.jpg (44.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 05-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Ok-- here are the other ones and I won't bug you anymore tonight. Have a good night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg #10.jpg (45.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg #11.jpg (47.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg #12.jpg (45.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg #13.jpg (49.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg #14.jpg (47.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Hope everyone’s having a good weekend. Cloudy & rainy here today, but warm, so that’s ok. I know it will be hot soon & I’ll be complaining, but right now I’m just soaking up the warmth. Went to a couple of thrift stores, just to get out of the house. Got 3 blouses & a couple of purses. Then out to my weekly pig-out dinner. Afterwards, we went to a little outdoor festival I'd forgotten about. It was mostly finished for the day, because of the rain showers, & there were only a few people left. But, the band was still playing, & the rain had stopped, so we walked around about an hour, enjoying the music & getting a little exercise.

I want to mention a little problem I’ve been having, trying to find my “style”. For years I’ve been trying to blend into the background, & not be noticeable, because of my size. Now that I’ve lost some weight, I want to wear clothes that make me noticeable, but, hopefully, not laughable. I want to wear things that scream LOOK AT ME! & yet, I don’t feel like I have the self-confidence to carry that off. So, I always end up wearing jeans & a brightly colored shirt. Recently noticed that’s all I have to wear! That’s all I’ve been buying, & I got rid of my other clothes because they were too big. Anyway, last week I bought a pair of palazzo pants, or maybe they’re culottes (a split skirt?) - you know, looks like a skirt, but it’s divided like pants? Well, they’re silk, mid-calf length, black & white sort of jungle print, & they feel really good, & cool. I’ve been trying to find the right blouse to wear with them, & haven’t had any luck (also need the right shoes). Tonight I tried them with the brown & black leopard print blouse I bought today, & a safari-type hat I have (but haven’t ever worn). My SO said I looked funny, & his DD said it was awful & I looked like a clown! Did I mention she’s just like her father?! Ok, first of all - I agree that it didn’t look “right” together (though I think the clown comment was pretty rude!), I really had no intention of actually wearing it anywhere (guess they didn‘t know that), & my SO was not in the same room with his DD when she made the remark (her brother was, & he told her to shut up). And, she did finally say that the blouse or the pants/culottes would probably look ok if they were worn with something else, just not together. So, I guess I’ll keep trying to figure this out. Looks like I’ll probably be wearing jeans for a long time, sigh! I just want something a little “different”!

Mary, I’m so glad you’re DH is ok, & I really like your new avatar pic! And I’m sorry about all your trouble with your son. And, KarenMO, I’m sorry about your difficulties with your sons too. Glad you had fun today! Freda, sorry you’re feeling so poorly. Hope you’re soon better! And, Rosey, you should be enjoying that alone time while you can. Sounds like things are going to be pretty busy around your house in a couple of weeks. Hi! Donna, & Gayle & Lynn & Sherry & Zoe & KarenFL & All The Other GGs!

I’ve rambled on long enough, & it’s getting rather late….. Darn! How could I forget to tell you this - I’ve lost another 2.5 lbs., I’m down to 143.5 now! Yay! I’m not changing my goal weight, but I’m wondering if maybe I could, possibly, get down to the 130’s??!! Hmmmm……?? Well, night y’all.
NCNancy
Old 05-14-2011, 11:28 PM   #184  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hi NC Nancy ~ I wondered if you could look in some online clothing catalogs and perhaps see an article of clothing similar to what you have and what they pair it up with ~ and maybe get some ideas from that.

Just a thought.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 PM   #185  

KarenMO,
I enjoyed those pics. It's beautiful there. Bet those reenactors were glad it was cool - those clothes look hot.

Gayle,
I really like your new avatar pic. Thanks for the idea, I'll try that.

NCNancy
Old 05-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #186  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Nancy, my tongue is bleeding from biting it... your SO strikes again!! And he passed his charming style on to his darling DD! Sorry, but BAH! (I have to go and gently kick the cat!)... You're doing so well, and congrats on more weight loss! WE'RE proud of you!!

I think you need to talk to Zoe, as well as perusing the catalogs. Her style is layered and can be flamboyant but is always classy. She should have some good ideas for you!

Gayle, LOVE the new avatar!! It's great! And that little girl is precious!
Old 05-15-2011, 08:43 AM   #187  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

NC Nancy ~ that is a good idea Donna has about getting ideas from Zoe. I had forgotten ~ she had posted pics back along of some outfits she had put together ~ they looked really nice.

Thank you Donna and Nancy about the picture. That is my DGD Maddie (the typer of cryptic messages on my post).

Ok, better get going ~ get ready for work.

Have a great day.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #188  

Height: 5'1"

Hi All,

Woke up this morning to the sound of rain, again. It rains every day, and it's turned back cold again too. Oh well, the couple of warm days we had were great. I picked a big bunch of lilac's yesterday and they are in my kitchen, and the house smells wonderful. Love lilacs. My DGS has been going to football camp this week and was named most valuable player. His "prize" was a jersey that was endorsed by a football player. He gave it to one of the othere players. At first I was a little upset and then he explained that the other kid really loved it and he already had one from last year. I'm really proud of him for being so thoughtful. Still not feeling great, but better. Thanks for all the good thoughts.

Nancy, Sorry I'm can't help with the fashion advice. My style is very conservative. Ralph Lauren, Ann Taylor......I guess your best best is Z, since she seems to be the style you want to develope. I don't think it was nice of your family to be so blunt, but, actually, mine is too. And on top of that, my sisters would laugh at me. You might not have been her last year when I got the bad (really bad) hair cut the day before vacation and had to wait untill after I got home to have it recut. She laughed at me all week and told everyone we saw (realatives). But, bless her, she would kill anyone else if they laughed! Oh, and congrats on the weight loss. I said I would know when I had gotten to my "goal" weight and I did. When you are comfortable where you are, you'll know. It's all right to change your goals along the way. After all, you don't know what you look like at any stage.

Gayle, Good profile picture. Is that Miss Maddie with you?

Karen, I know some people that participate in those re-enactments. They are so authentic. Even the ladies dressing and the things they have in the tents are from the period. My friend said that she had a teacup that wasn't from the right era and she had to pack up up. She has a lot of fun and visits lots of different areas.

Rosie, I am sure you will have fun with those grankids.

Not sure what is going on today, since it's raining. We usually spend the day at the football field watching the kids play, but not sure they will have it today. mayve just as well. Not sure I want to sit on those bleachers for hours.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 AM   #189  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, been awhile since I have been here. Glad to see some faces I know. Just checking in will post more later.....Phyl
Old 05-15-2011, 02:29 PM   #190  

Height: 5'3"

Nancy I think your split skirt pants sound beautiful! I don't know what they are called any more...maybe gaucho pants? That comes to mind but may not be right. I honestly don't keep up much with fashion. Anyway, are they a silky type material (I mean the feel, not the actual fabric necessarily)...if so I'd probably top them with a silky feeling white shell. You could go with black but white was the first thing that came to my mind esp for summer. Hard to know without seeing but sounds good to me. Then if you are up for it (I'm not!) some black wedgie heels. I can't walk in any kind of heels any more so stick to flats and if you are the same, you could wear some black flats (kind of ballet style maybe?) Just my thoughts without actually seeing the outfit. I agree too that Zoe will likely have more ideas.

I can't wait until I am able to look better in clothes!! So GFY, and you experiment and wear what YOU want. I guess if my dh actually told me not to wear something I wouldn't (at least not when with him) but as long as it is just his remarks, I wear what I think looks best on me. Men often don't know what they really like...for instance my dh used to tell me he preferred women not to wear makeup. Well, one day we were watching TV and this girl comes on with all this makeup on and he says see, I like that she looks so natural without makeup! LOL At that moment I realized he didn't have a clue! And it was not that I wore too much makeup either...he just knew I wore some...so from then on I just wore it without talking about it and he was fine.
Then he didn't like that I let my hair go gray, but I like and now he does too. Also he didn't like me getting it cut so short, but gradually he has come to like it this way and has complimented me on it. So, I think it's just the way men are.

Nancy and Karen31 - thanks for posting the pics. I enjoyed them!

Slim - How nice that you can bring in lilacs already!! I love them. You may remember we recently bought a miniature lilac bush (an Asian type) and yesterday I noticed it is blooming already! I'm so excited as I've wanted lilacs for so long! I hope to eventually get a regular bush but not sure where to put it. Dh didn't feel we had room in the space we were planting this time...and besides he always likes small plants...I like large. So we compromised by saying later on I can plant a larger growing one somewhere else...plenty of room in the back yard. I just want the fragrance all around our yard!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #191  

Hey GGs,
Just had to share this with you, another example of what I’m dealing with, with SO’s DD. We were sitting at the breakfast table, & I mentioned something about my weight being up this morning (typical for Sunday). SO’s DD then said “You’re not supposed to weigh first thing in the morning. That’s when you weigh the least, so that’s not your REAL weight.” What???!!! At first I was speechless, so SO jumped in with “She’s lost over a hundred pounds, she’s in the 140’s now.” Not sure how relevant that was, but at least he was trying. I should mention here, this girl is a size 8 & has no idea what she weighs, & doesn’t care. I tried to explain that it wasn’t my actual weight that I was checking every morning, just whether I’d gained or lost, but, by then she’d lost interest in the subject. Mean, evil person that I am, I’m hoping that later on in life, she’ll have weight issues of her own (shame, shame, shame on me!!!). It is likely though, her mother was very big (around 300 lbs.), & all of her mother’s siblings are too. And, although my SO was apparently quite slim when he was younger, he says he started gaining in his 30’s, & now he has weight issues of his own (he’s just under 6’ tall & weighs around 230). You know, now that I’ve ranted about this, what she said doesn’t seem so bad. But, that’s just one example, out of many, many, of how she thinks she knows more about just about everything, than I do! I know - that’s how most young people are, but I think, they generally are taught to have more respect for us “older folk” than to be “in our face” with it. I know I definitely was! Ok, I feel much better now. Thanks you guys!

Just read the new posts. Thanks for the support Donna (it’s funny, when I mention something about you to my SO, I refer to you as “the one that hates you”, & then he knows who I‘m talking about - LOL). Flamboyant but classy, yeah that’s sounds like our Zoe. I’d just looove to be able to achieve that “look”, but don’t think I’ve got it in me! Maybe she could give me some ideas though. Guess I’ll have to take a pic of these culottes, & ask for suggestions. (Y’all might just tell me to toss them!) Gayle, thought that must be Maddie - what’s she holding? Freda, sorry about all that rain, but I’m glad you’re feeling a little better. I only have one sister, but she’s like yours - she can laugh at me, but others better not! I guess most families are like that. Right now, I don’t really have a plan with this weight loss thing. I’m just comfortable with the way I’m eating, so I’ll just see where this takes me. Hi! there Phyl. Look forward to hearing more from you. Mary, thanks for your ideas. That’s sort of what I was thinking, but……. I’ll just HAVE to post a pic of these culottes (or maybe they are gaucho pants?!).

Well, I’ve got things I should be doing. Catch you later!
NCNancy
Old 05-15-2011, 04:40 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all....Been for my weekly groceries and printed up a new bridge convention card. Still hiding out from most people. I have a long 3" burn on my left jaw. It's healing but sore. We had a hellaous storm last night with 1.5" of rain. The lightening had my lamp popping thru all 3 wattages. Had to wipe Dash down with a Downy pad before he stopped panicing.

Phyllis.....Oh kiddo welcome back! You looked fabulous. How are you feeling and are you down here or up North? So gald to see you.

Lynn....I will literally threw my tv out if that Boston Rob wins tonight. Been reading other sites and the other team keeps saying they watched him totally mind control his team.....this is his 9th reality show without winning any.....even the Amazing Race.....at least if he does win he has to be done doing these shows.

Mary ....Glad Dh is ok. If they didn't have us to worry where would they be.

Karen....We have a Civil war reinactment about a mile up the road every March. Must admit that fried bread is a weakness. They take raw bread dough roll it out put pie filling in, fold over and deep fry. OMG. Apparently the troops ate alot of fry bread. The cannons will rattle our windows.

NancyNc.....Past few years I have added the brightest colors that I never worn before....Purples Reds and Lime Green. Growing pale blonde pinks and blues as a child and then 50yrs of black cause it shows less fat. I have a pair of cullottes that i wear with a tank and a white jacket that has shape. Every one down here wears culottes or pedal pushers etc. I wear alot of knit tops just because after 50 yrs of ironing I DON"T Now. Last time I wore a skirt went to lady's room and dropped it like pants. Can't remember last time wore panty hose either.

Donna....Did you get snow? Rosey suggested The Clan Bear series before I could type it in. There are a bunch and I just finished the latest. I loved the first ones the best.

Would you believe a neighbor just brought me a bag of apples she picked in her yard. They look like yellow delicous. They have 1/2 dozen trees. Guess Fl apples ripen before the summer sun makes them in apple sauce on the tree. I now have zucchinne to make bread with, green tomatoes to fry and yellow squash calling me. I have no urgh to cook or do the dishes.... Made an asian chicken salad for Dh....used romane noodles, canned chowmein vegies and soy sauce....oh dash of italian dressing. Good would be better with few chunks of pineapple...

The shuttle goes up at 8:55am tomorrow. Wow I get to watch my bluebirds and the shuttle and have my coffee too at the dining room table. I'll try for a picture to post. Anyone else watching the Deborah eagles. They are gettting so big. That is one mean looking mama. The other day they were moving the cam and she turned that white head and glared into the lens. It was awesome and chilling.

If something is in an early orbit....it will probably be my tv set. k3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-15-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #193  

Ok, here’s a pic of the “clown” outfit, & a pic of the culottes with the only other blouse I own that might work. As you can see - I need HELP! Suggestions anyone? Should I just give-up on the culottes?!

Hi! KarenFL. I like the sound of those colors (& I just LOVE!!! lime green). Do you wear them all together? I’d like to try that. Your chicken salad sounds good, which reminds me - I haven’t had dinner yet, & I’m getting pretty hungry! So, I’m off to figure out what we’re having to eat. I haven’t a clue, except it will have to be something QUICK! Bye y’all.
NCNancy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg culotte outfits 002.jpg (27.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg culotte outfits 008.jpg (23.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-15-2011, 06:35 PM   #194  

Hi everyone..sure is quiet here. usually i love my "me " time but this time i was lonely.Made me think what my life would be like if i was really all alone..sigh not liking it at all. i guess ive been thinking on these lines becuz our friend just lost his wife and its so hard for him. we try and spend time with him esp in the evenings.on alighter note i tried to walk with just a cane..probably shouldnt have done that while alone but i was curious to see if a could. i made sure i had the kitchen counter on one side and stuck my phone in my bra incase i fell..i managed but was really wobbly and my balance wasnt that great..i think in time with some practice with my dh helping i could learn to do this.. yayyy me.Nancy am sry that youngster is giving you fits your wanting to change your look i can really relate to. the skort sounds classy. i think marys idea of a white shell or blouse would be great. my kids call my clothes my uniform sweats and smock like blouses i make and crazy colored socks. i have dressed like this for yrs. its comfy and hides the bumps. now ive started wearing other clothes..store bought, what a treat. i love my t-shirts. just finished decorating a pink one that has pink boxing gloves on it and says fight like girl on it..ive even looked at some long skirts and ordered apr of real blue jeans and matching jacket..fun fun.welcome back florida rusty,i was just thinking about you and there u are karen 3 sry your face is so sore,is this your last treatment? its cold out today and no sunshine, things are starting to green up and the snows finally all gone..it'll be awhile befor flowers bloom i envy yours everyone..hope your weekends awsome rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-15-2011 at 06:43 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #195  

Nancy we must have been posting at the same time..i love your skort.. esp the 2nd picture..i think white would be nice for a top to.. rosey ps i had chix salad for lunch. chopped some celery,red onion, and 1/2 an apple.1/2 cup chopped chix breast,1 tsp mayo and a small splash of lemon juice.. turned out yummy. great mind think alike.

Last edited by akrosey49; 05-15-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread