Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #241  

hi everyone,rainy here today and cold. omg Lynn lucky you those menu's look so yummy,you will have to report what u all had and if it was good,my mouth is watering and i'd want to sample everything. karen31 so glad u got home safely. i spent yesterday altering clothes after i did dishes and laundry. you'r all right and i havent a clue what size i am now. i got some new t-shirts. tunic like kinda smocky on top from roamans. i washed them to shrink. then had to take in seams and shoulders. they look nice now! its my mil 90th bday today..i made a card and choc brownies and we will go and spend some time with her this aft. we wanted to have aparty but realized she couldnt handel that as she gets adgitated and confused easily.does any one watch american idol,they have some very talented singers this season and they're so young. nothing else planned. hoping your day is awsome. rosey :wave
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #242  

Height: 5'3"

Yes, I agree dieting is mostly mental and I think after all these years I'm doing better. Of course I've had my ups and downs before (as some of you know), but I do sense a difference in my mental attitude now. The weight is dropping about every other day and everyother day I stay the same, so far no ups. It is still not back to my sig weight but if I can keep this up I should be there before too long. I hope I never let myself gain again as it just takes me way too long to get back on track!

Been really busy recently. I'm almost caught up with my housework this week...have to vacuum still, but otherwise done. But have had so many phone calls and other business to tend to plus want to repot some inside plants and do other things outside too. Bobbi, I would love to see your yard, sounds lovely! Our yard has so much potential but we just have never been able to do that much with it...but we are now a little bit more. We finally made the decision to give up our landline phone. We love our iPhones and seem to have good enough reception. Yesterday I made a lot of changes and even found some errors in our Qwest bill so saved us a lot of money!

Some sad news: Yesterday, our son and his wife lost their newly conceived little one. Not sure how far along she was but maybe 4-5 weeks I'd guess. She hadn't gone to the doctor yet even. They called me about her bleeding and I told her to get in right away but it was too late. And of course you may remember I was disappointed with them for purposely trying to have another one when they need help with their mortgage payment...well now my son (and I think her too) thinks I am happy about their loss! I have assured him I am not, I feel very sad about it, all life is precious to me. I lost a baby at 6 weeks (after birth) and know how loss of a child feels and even though she wasn't far along I know she still morns what could have been. I had already told him I would love the baby and didn't blame the child...I was just wishing they would wait until they had there finances a bit more under control. After all we did not want that house and shouldn't have to pay for it when they make so much more than we do. But even knowing he's wrong about me, I still can't help but feel badly that he feels so badly toward me. I of course know it is just his pain talking and right now he just can't separate the two things. This loan has sure hurt our relationship! The last baby is only 7 months old though so I do think for the best health for her and both babies (the one she has and any potential one) she should wait a bit. She had a kind of rough pregnancy last time too.

Well, I need to get busy. Thanks for listening.

Last edited by maryea; 05-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #243  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Love spending my lunch break with you all and catching up
Old 05-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #244  

Hi everyone visiting my mil this aft noon was pleasant she was alert and joyful. heres a few pics and one of me doing the steps rosey :wave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 326.jpg (34.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 333.jpg (26.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 330.jpg (26.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 337.jpg (29.3 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-19-2011, 08:26 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

WOW Rosey!! Look at you go!! We are all so proud of you! You look so happy and you should be!!
Old 05-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Well, out & about today. First went to a couple of thrift stores (found some good stuff!), then lunch with my mom & sister. We try to get together for lunch at least once a month. That creates a slight dilemma for me - what to order! I only allow myself one pig-out meal a week, & I save that for the weekend. And, Gayle, I have been doing that the whole time (since June ‘09, when I weighed 250 lbs). I think that’s what keeps me OP the rest of the week. Back to today’s meal - I ordered country-style steak with Waldorf salad & mac & cheese, but I only ate the Waldorf salad, half the mac & cheese, & a couple of bites of the steak. The rest of the steak I brought home, & it will be breakfast, & lunch for SO, tomorrow. That was lunch & dinner for me (plus 12 frosted mini wheats I ate, a few hours after I got home). Probably not the healthiest of choices, but it works for me.

I had to try on what I had bought, as soon as I got home. I wanted to see how my purchases looked with the things I already had. I ended up with some looks I really liked, & I was planning on taking some pics to show you all, but…… I was exhausted! Trying on clothes is WORK! So, Donna, don’t hold your breath, waiting to see them! Oh, & I love that term “creative fashioning” - sounds sorta glamorous.

KarenMO, 3.3 lbs. is not much of a gain, & I’m sure it was worth it! Both times we took a vacation in the last couple of years, I gained about 6 lbs. but, I got right back OP, & it was gone by the next week. I’m sure you & that Wii, won’t have any problem at all getting back to your pre-trip weight!

Lynn, I hope you’re enjoying/enjoyed your dinner out with your DD & SIL. What’d you have?

Rosey, you’re so talented, being able to alter your clothes to fit. I might have to drag out my sewing machine & try that myself. I bought a pink blouse today, that I really like, & it’s too big! Maybe I’ll be able to fix it??!! Glad you had a nice visit with you MIL.

Mary, sorry about your son & his wife, that’s sad. And it’s a shame there are hard feelings between you, so you can’t really comfort them. It does sound like you've got the right mental attitude now towards eating. The great thing about that is, the longer you stick with it, the easier it gets!

Gotta go now - my nightly snack is calling me (& I don't even know what it will be yet!).
NCNancy
Old 05-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #247  

Rosey, love the pics. You're looking GOOD!

NCNancy
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary, I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are having with your son and family. I hope things get better for you in the near future. I know how much it hurts though.

Nancy-- I know I will get the weight back off again just seem to be having trouble getting my head back in the game again! Between vacation to PA. then this one to Branson and the "stuff" that is happening in family life it just seems hard to get back on track. BUT I will!! I just have to make myself start again and then it will be easier from there.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:45 AM   #249  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey......... congrats!!! You look wonderful!! PLEASE use the profile picture from FB as your avatar in June. It's a great picture of you and Daisy!!

Tomorrow........
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM   #250  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Mornin'
All my flowers are in, just in time for the coming days of rain, rain, rain.
Friday mornings dh and I clean the two kitchens in our church then we're off to Austin (neighbor town) to JoAnn's Fabric. A little turd mouse chewed 3 holes in my umbrella last winter and I need to match the material to patch it. I usually store the umbrella in the basement over the winter but since we just finished off our basement last winter, I didn't want to have that eye sore down there. DH put many mouse traps in the shed but they got to the cloth anyway. I looked on line for some iron on patches but one hole will need a 7" patch and they just don't make them that large. We're also going to buy a large quantity of material to put over DH's 1932 Chevy......so much dust from the fields around our house.
Rosey...love the pictures and 100 pounds is a wonderful landmark, congrats! I agree with Donna, put that cute pic of you and Daisy as your avatar. And get that oak barrel besides you in the picture planted with some flowers.
Off I go......so nice to read how everyone's day is going even tho I'm too busy to post.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 05-20-2011 at 08:22 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #251  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning girls,

I worked yesterday and when I got home DH had gotten a pizza for dinner. NOOOO! I'm too hungry and stressed when I first get home to "just say no". I did stop at just one piece and that was dinner. But just one piece of pizza is still a lot of calories. I'm sure I still stayed within my calorie allotment, but I could have eaten something much better. Maybe with a little neutrition? But, that was yesterday, and today's here. Better choices.

You look great Rosie. Good to see you getting stronger all the time.

Bobbi, Your story with the mice reminds me of my problems with the squirrels who ate my patio furniture. Will those little critter eat anything? Actually, the squirrels ripped my chair cushions and dug out the stuffing to use for nests.

Nancy, Sounds like you did well at the Thrift Store! They are great places to find affordable clothes. Did you take pictures of yourself in your new outfits? I think it's really helpful to see an actual picture. You get a better picture of how you really look. I know I've seen pictures of myself in outfits I thought were great and saw that they were really not great after all. And the other way around. Outfits that I didn't think worked, really did.

Z, I hope you are your family are feeling our prayers.

HI Gayle. Have you had a chance to get back out on that bike yet?

Mary, So sorry to hear about the misunderstanding with DS. We all knew what you ment. I'm sure when he has a chance to think about it, he will too.

Freda
Old 05-20-2011, 10:51 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning all.....Thought I posted yesterday....sighhhh another senior moment! Found a unopened puzzle yesterday and spent the afternoon sitting out on the lania getting the border done. One piece still missing. Dash stands and rests his head on the card table as if he knews where the pieces go....or is eyeballing them for a snack.

Dash vs Down. Dash is a quacking mess with thunderstorms! Since Tampa is the lightning capital it is a big problem when a 70lb dog climbs into your lap. Anyway this vet on Oprah said that it wasn't the thunder that bothers dogs but the static electricity and rubbing them with a dry Downy pad would help. Well it is just about a miracle.....he hears the storm long before we do and herds us to the cabinet where they are and smiles while he gets rubbed down. Then sleeps thru the rest of the storm. Problem happens when it's 3am....he herds me from bed! Have friends that love this treatment and others that say it doesn't work.....must be indivual to each dog. Any dryer pad works....just like saying Downying Dash.

Donna....Dh's buddy put out a cam for pictures of what ever was eating his bird seed and the last picture taken by the cam was a hugh black bear eating the cam. He is going get into a mess. He leaves his BBQ grill on his deck and has had bear up there trying to clean his grill. I half expected that they would have broken in the house this past winter while he was down here. He's one of those men who know it all.

Rosie....You glow in these lastest pictures. I can see where those steps/rails work like a wide walker for support. Still look steep. Good job. Just look what lossing the first poundage has done and how much more you can do....by the summer you will be dancing with the grandkids!

NancyNC...PICTURES! You can't tease us about new outfits and nothing.....

Lynn.....I gained a lb reading the menu. Was it as good as it sounded and what did you have.....

Please send some of that rain down here.....we are so dry. County is on fire watch. Sometimes it feels like Florida is in another world.

Mary....So sorry to hear about the loss. Often wonder how many "heavy" periods we all have had in the past that might have been......It's really natures way when things aren't right.

Bobbie....Thanks I wandered around yesterday looking for somewhere to plant sweet peas. since morning glories grow like trumpet vine down here afraid sweet peas would too. But I want them!

For the first time ever...I am totally out of cinnamon. Been using it a lot they say it is good for diabetics and have been putting in everything for Dh. He's am BS have been 110 to 115 so something is working.

Well back to the lania.....dash needs a snack....k3
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Good Morning! Just a quick check in to say Hi My DS is coming back to town tomorrow- he will still have to travel back to Alberta every 4-6 weeks to see his surgeon, but they are releasing him to finish his rehab from the accident at home. He and his lady have a small house close by in town here. I am off to the Red Cross Loan Cupboard for the "stuff" that his surgeon and physiotherapist want installed in their house to help him out- a shower chair/bench and such. He can move about on crutches using his right leg for support, but not allowed to even try with the left( that was the side of his body that smashed all to h3ll). My heart is so full of joy and gratitude - I saw the video, I don't think he will ever truly recognize just how lucky he is to be alive! Later GG's!!

Last edited by Tea Granny; 05-20-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #254  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning GGs! Thanks for the kind comments. My dil did send me a pic of the 7 mo old, so maybe she at least isn't too mad at me.

Well I got a nice surprise. I ate too much last night and figured I'd have a gain this morning but actually the scale went down .2 ! Maybe it will show up tomorrow but I am going to try very hard today to be good and so far, so good. My bs is still not cooperating though although it is better at times. I really want to get control of it so I don't have to go on Byetta (injectable med).

I'm lov'n my chocolate milk mix again..I had one full one for breakfast then followed that with oatmeal with 1/8 of a large apple, a little cinnamon and 1 T nf milk. Didn't think I'd be able to eat all that but I did. Went to the gym, just came home and drank another 1/2 cup of it. It's very filling and has 28 gms protein in a full glass of the mix and nf milk. It has quite a few calories with the milk but somehow I don't gain as much when I drink it even when I go over ...don't quite understand it but think it's the protein. And there is very little carb in it. I got a good workout this morning. I usually only do 15 min on the treadmill...but today I did 20, plus the regular 15 on the bike and I did a 24 reps on each of 3 weight machines. I was tired but felt good too. We stretched a few minutes here at home before going too.

Today I have a few monthly type things to do in the kitchen and our bedroom, but nothing big deal. Also want to fertilize the herb plants I have in my kitchen window. This is the first time I have grown herbs but they were given to me and I am really enjoying them. One doesn't look so good right now (sage) but the other two are doing well (mint and oregano).

I organized the pantry the other day...I don't know how it gets so cluttered but it sure does! Now that I have my new small vac and steamer, I threw out my old Swiffer Vac. It had lost it umph anyway and was time to buy another. I was trying to make it go until I used all the dry cloths but am finding they are good dusting cloths too so will use them up that way.
I have my new bedroom curtains up now and they look really nice. Thinking about putting the old ones in the spare bedroom but not sure yet. The ones that are in there are ok, just not lined but then neither are the new ones I have now in the master bedroom. The old ones were actually higher quality.

My dh is off to the service place to see if they can match the paint on the messed up door on our RV before we try to sell it. He has managed to pound out the dent pretty well but still has to repair where the surface is broken and paint it. Might work and will be cheaper if he can...there really isn't much he can't do. But we will see.

Karen3 - Love hearing about Dash! We don't have pets anymore so I enjoy hearing stories from those who do. And yes, I agree that miscarriage is probably nature's way of dealing with things that aren't right. But of course, right now they grieve.

Freda - as you know I have a slice of pizza at Costco now and then...my dh and I usually share any more as they do have a lot of calories, but I think it's ok now and then. I get the kind with veggies (but also pepperoni!) but read recently that the veggies are sauteed in oil before topping so the calories can be even more. I had never thought of that. But I love the pizza at Costco and am not about to stop having a 1/2 slice now and then. Just have to make sure the rest of the day is light. I have given up those lovely mocha freeze's they make though! I now make my own or have the chocolate milk I buy online.

Bobbi - the slugs got 3 or 4 of our flowers. My dh noticed and put some slug bait and salt around them but think we will have to buy a few more to make the ring again around our lilac bush. when the lilac bush gets large we won't need them so we just planted annuals.

Rosi - enjoyed the pics! You do look good! You have such a happy, glowing face in all your pics!

nancy - sounds like you are having fun shopping and picking out clothes! Can't wait til I get there too! You've come a long way and look so nice. One pig-out meal a week, huh? Sounds good to me. I think I do that kind of naturally actually without trying, anyway. But it does make the rest of the week easier when you know you can have that one meal.

Well, I've rested enough...now time to get to work! Have a great day, GGers!

Last edited by maryea; 05-20-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #255  

Hey GGs,
Been busy on the computer today. A couple of months ago we opened accounts at a different credit union, because we weren’t happy with our old one. Finally got SO’s paychecks being deposited into the new one, so now I’ve got to get all the auto-pays for the bills, switched. Got half of them done! The rest will have to wait til Monday, because I’m tired of dealing with it! I love having most of our payments on auto-pay, but it sure is a hassle when you have to change everything!

The sun is shining & the birds are singing, so I’m going to head outside, & sit in my swing & “chill out”. Just wanted to stop in & see what everyone’s doing before I shut down the computer. SO will just have to settle for a TV dinner & salad tonight, because I really don’t feel like cooking. (He said he didn’t mind.)

KarenFL, I will get some pics of my new outfits - it’s just such a pain to get the camera set up. I have to use a tripod or the pics are all shaky & blurry, & it’s hard to find a good place to put it. And I have a hard time getting it far enough away to get full-length. But I will, soon, I promise.

Freda, I have the same problem about knowing how I look in an outfit, without seeing a pic. Through the years, many of my outfits ended up getting tossed , after someone took a pic of me wearing them (& until I saw the pic, I thought they looked fine!). That’s why I’m so grateful for digital cameras, & that I figured out how to use the timer on mine! Now if it just wasn’t so hard to set up!

Bobbi, aren’t you talented! I didn’t know you could patch umbrellas! KarenMO, I KNOW you & your Wii will soon be right back on track!

Maureen, I’m happy for you that your DS will soon be close by. Glad that he’s doing so well!

Mary, you sure sound busy, busy, busy, as usual! And all that exercise! Congrats on the weight loss! And, thanks for the compliment.

Hi! Donna & EVERYONE! I’m headed outside now! Have a great weekend!
NCNancy
Closed Thread