Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 04:50 PM   #166  

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I see my avatar is there now! I had a hard time getting it the right size but downloaded a little program which helped. Taken Mother's Day.

Last edited by maryea; 05-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:51 PM   #167  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Mary, thoughts and prayers are with you that all is okay.............. PLEASE let us know!

Last edited by jess1; 05-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #168  
Sherry

S/C/G: 205/187.2/150

Height: 5'2" (really 5'1 1/4" ( but I refuse to accept that - I don't care what the doctor says!)

Mary - Thoughts & prayers for your DH & you. I'm glad he's going in to see the dr. Please let us know. Beautiful day here today. Did time at a display for dragon boat paddling at our local outdoor market. We did get quite a few interested & some even applying to join. I belong to a cancer survivor team. They are an amzaing group of women.I am a "supporter" as I've not had cancer. We all have great fun paddling & we participate in dragon boat festivals too. Everyone have a great weekend, eh? BFN
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Mary, I hope your DH is OK.

It was cool and cloudy here in the NorthEast, but my DF and I went into NYC and walked the High Line (a park made out of an old elevated train track). It is REALLY beautiful. We ate in a nearby restaurant.

Here is a link for photos of the High Line.

http://manhattan.about.com/od/histor...-Line-New-York

Lynn
Old 05-13-2011, 07:10 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary, thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby. Be sure and let us know what you find out.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:11 PM   #171  

Lynn, I'll bet that was fun. Looks like it.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:07 PM   #172  

Hello everyone. Gosh it is chilly here tonight! We got spoiled with those 80 degree days for the last few days and then today we got up to about 60 and it is sitting at 51 right now! We had the AC on for a few days there for a few hours in the afternoon--- tonight we may need to turn the furnace on! I guess they call it "Blackberry Winter" here.. not sure why.

Donna, our other son is --well, I guess he is doing ok. As far as I know he is still living with his bartender girlfriend. I don't know if he is working or not-- just don't ask anymore. He did come by here the other day and got his washer and dryer and some more of his stuff out of the basement, seemed to be a little surprised that I have moved stuff around and got my exercise stuff back where I want it. Now I have taken the wii down there so gosh, I think I have reclained my space! He did say while we were outside when he saw that we hadn't opened the pool yet---"It's about time to open the pool isn't it Mom?" I just answered "Yeah, it is" Didn't say anything about us going to Branson this coming week, don't want the pool open while we aren't here. He still hasn't brought "girlfriend" around to meet us--but probably won't be long after we do get the pool open! HA!! I was laughing with my Aunt the other day and said, "If he ever gets his bills all caught up I'm going to have to have her call me once in awhile just to see if the phone works!" Right now just about everytime it rings it is a bill collector for him. I very nicely give them his cell phone number and if they say he doesn't answer when they call, I just tell him they might check out the bar that I know he hangs out at! I know shame on me... I figure if he doesn't like it he can get his bills paid and/or stop using us as a reference. But anyway, I try not stress about it anymore-- He did call us while we were traveling to PA. and wanted to know if we could send him money for gas (Oh yes he did!) I just told him we were traveling down the highway and not going to do it. He hasn't asked for anymore money! So, he continues to live in his world, but I don't have to be part of it anymore and won't! OK Enough of that...

Other than that we are doing good. I'm anxious to go see this Battle tomorrow. They have streets closed down already tonight. I went to the Chamber of Commerce today and picked up a Commerative Medalion for it, and a program of all the events and the map. Pretty neat!

Guess I'd better get going for tonight. Everyone have a good weekend and I'll check in sometime tomorrow-- hope to get lots of good pictures! Will try anyway.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #173  

Karen31 - I can so understand how you feel about your son's behavior! Right now I am SO angry with my own son, I can hardly stand it! I typed a whole page here venting but decided to delete it...just know I fully understand and then some! Grrr.... Today he called to say he has another baby on the way...normally I would be very happy about that...it's not the baby's fault and I will welcome and love it but under the circumstances...I just wish he'd be more responsible and meet his commitment to us before adding more expenses. We have a decent retirement income but he makes at least $15,000 a year more (at his regular job and more at a side job) than we do yet we are having to sacrifice our dreams so he can have this house, and still take on more and more mouths to feed. I'm sorry if that sounds terrible but I am just so disgusted right now! We can't sell the house because we are of course upside down. If we take a chance and try to short sell it...1. who knows how long it would take to sell...many in the neighborhood are empty and at least our son currently is paying half and 2. even if we manage to short sell it, there's a good chance we'll get stuck with the difference. Again, grrr... LOL and this is the SHORT version! ;-)

Doctor said everything seems ok with dh. They did an EKG and drew blood. Might have been just a muscle thing from working in yard. That was what I thought maybe and why I didn't insist he go in right away. But I am still glad we went in because now I feel better about it at least. Thanks for the encouragement to take him in, Teagranny and all your good thoughts and prayers. There is one lab still to come in but he thinks it will probably be ok too. He went to a men's conference tonight so I'm alone which is good as I don't think I'd be very good company and he probably needs a break from stress.

Last edited by maryea; 05-14-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:43 AM   #174  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning GG's,

We have finally gotten our warm weather, it seems. We went straight from cold to hot. But that is typical, and we've had so much cold weather that I'm trying hard not to complain. I know I will later though, so apologies ahead of time. I really do not like hot weather either. I was supposed to work Friday, but got a peasky UTI on thursday. Went to the drug store to get some pyridium since I couldn't call my doctor untill the next day. Pyridium just helps with the pain. Well, I ended up throwing up all night. Really, all night, I was still up at 4 the next morning. So, no work. I got a script for Cipro from the Dr. and guess what? It made me sick too. I know I have to take it, so i'm taking it with maalox and eating before, but still get sick. I think I might have to call the Doc and get some zofran too. Trying to decide which is worse, the pain from the UTI or the Pain from the pills.

Nothing much going on here. Laying around being sick and feeling sorry for myself and mad at being sick when I have things to do. I'm not a great patient. Which made me think of all the patients I give Cipro to and they c/o being sick. I will be much more sympathetic from now on.

Check back later when I can do something besides compain,

Freda
Old 05-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #175  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning everyone ~

Off to work here soon. Weekends sometimes are a little less hectic ~ hope it is that way for this one.

Freda ~ sorry you are not feeling good. Feel better soon.

Mary ~ nice new avatar picture. Glad everything turned out ok with your husband. Sorry your son is giving you stress and upset.

Forgive me ~ I will have to respond to everyone else at another time.

Hope it is a good weekend for you all.

Take care
Old 05-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #176  
Donna

Good Morning, All...
Freda, so sorry you're feeling po'rely! Good thoughts!

Mary, glad your DH is okay! Better to be safe than sorry, and the doc was concerned, too.... so you did good!

KarenMO, is the bartender girlfriend someone new or is she the same tart he had before?

I'm finishing up the Wilderness series, so I need recommendations for more series! I've thoroughly enjoyed both Outlander and Wilderness... what next do you have for me?

Kind of gloomy today, but it'll warm up! I have 5 or 6 baby strawberries! Yeah! Except for the problem I had (have) about how to hang that heavy container, it's been a fun thing to do. I'll enjoy those strawberries, too!

Stay warm/cool/wet/dry.... Good Saturday, all...

Last edited by jess1; 05-14-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #177  

Donna, the bartender girlfriend is somone he met here-- well he drank 'til closing time and ended up at her apartment, which is above the bar!! But he has been with her basically since the end of Feb--that is when he quit coming back here or calling to let us know if he was dead or alive--- and lost his job! The "other" Slutina is still in Colorado! She is the one who called the police and he went to jail that time. So I don't know for sure what is going on-- but have backed away from it. At 36 years old he needs to learn how to make it on his own! I've decided to just enjoy "ME" from now on!! Selfish huh??

OK, got to get ready to go to the "Battle" I'm so EXCITED!! Hope I get good pictures to share!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 PM   #178  
Donna

KarenMO, NO, NOT SELFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're close personal friends:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fun - Royal Wedding Picture Spoof.jpg (40.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jess1; 05-14-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #179  

Just a quick howdy this am as it is almost noon and I'm sitting here in my nightie still! Got up late and haven't accomplished anything so far, except have breakfast. I had oatmeal with 1/2 T brown sugar and 2T NF milk and 2 t. slivered almonds and 1/2 c cottage cheese. So off to a good start with my eating but need to clean house now.

I agree with you Karen31, time to let him go and just look the other way...he's a grown up even if doesn't always act like it, and you have a life too. I'm trying to do the same with mine but it is hard when we are connected by the darn house loan. I know it will work out but meantime I hate it! So can understand your frustration. Do something fun and enjoy today.

Everyone have a great day...hope the sun is shining where you are at too! It's a very nice day here.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:00 PM   #180  

Hi everyone..kinda quiet and lonely at my house. dh and his friend are bear hunting at the cabin.i'm a bit stir crazy and want to eat eat eat..old habits die hard..so i cut up some vegies to munch on..good thing theres no junk to munch on. Mary am so glad u had your dh checked out,better safe than sry.Freda sry you are sick,cipro does that to me too.Jess i'd recommend the clan of the cave bear series,im reading them now authors name is Jean Auel or try wilbur smith. the 1st book is called the Burning Shore he has several series check his web site out..ive read and own all his books and love them.i could go on and on about my favorites but there to many My grandson Tyler called me this am to tell me he had just run a 5K and came in 5th..i was very proud and happy for him. 2 of my grands will come home with us on the 27th to stay for several weeks im going to enjoy that. my dr checkup in anch is 24th and then we'll stay at dd's for a few days and bring the 2 back with us. hope your having an awsome weekend (((hugs))) rosey
Closed Thread