Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello--- we made it fine!! Got a nice room in Branson and had lunch while they finished getting out room ready. I know this sounds pathetic but I saw a Dennys and got all excited!!! We ate lunch there!! We used to like to eat at Dennty a lot but I can' remember the last time we ate there.. BUT we are going out to a nice restaurant tonight. The Fall Creek Steak and Catfish house! Not sure what else we may do tonight but we are going to a show tomorrow-- just haven't figured out which one yet. But it is going to be ALL FUN!!!

Zoe, so sorry to hear about your nephew. But at least he isn't hurting anymore. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Be back later...
Old 05-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #212  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Zoe ~ sorry for your loss ~ thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....First day back at bridge. Had to laugh one elderly player asked me how did I burn my face...First said it was from a laser treatment, but shugged and admitted I had tried to nap on the stove. Her mouth dropped open and I said well I couldn't get in the oven. The entire room roared. Stopped in at the doctor's and he was shocked at the damage. Doesn't know what happened. I do, his NP amped up the wattage....of course she denied. It will be okay, but painful yet.

Zoe....Am so sorry for your lose. It is so hard on the family left behind. Your sister will be a year getting back on her feet. It just isn't natural to lose a child. I'll add her to my prayers.

NancyNc....i agree with everything Zoe said. BUT another thing to try is tucking in the shirt. Try a red top tucked in with the red skirt....give it a try. Get a stretchy belt and even flip flops....Your body is changing and you don't have to cover up alot of those old lumps. Add something glittery under the chin to brighten up your face. or earrings. Those pants are great just stop with the biege....

Lynn....Last baby shower I went to they had a bigger registry then most weddings. Nothing was cheap either.

Did you all see my tv fly out into orbit? good cause it was too cloudy to see the Shuttle this am.

Gayle....that is such a nice picture of you. You look younger there!

OMY Just looked out the slider and a hugh storm is about to hammer us....BBL.k3
Old 05-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi Ladies. Busy busy Busy-just a quick check in
Zoe, I am so sorry for your loss
Rosey, you be careful now!!
I was gone most of the weekend at my Herbalist class-stomping around in the woods, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
Catch everyone later-tomorrow is the dreaded weigh in day
Old 05-17-2011, 12:13 AM   #215  

Height: 5'3"

Gosh a lot of posts since I've been here! I've been very busy today and still don't have that much to show for it with the housework! I was on the phone quite a while with the loan (our son thing, remember?) and was able to get access to the loan info finally. It was easy but I just didn't know I could do it before since he had it. I thought one at a time you know but turns out you can have multiple people on it. So I learned something. The good news is he is paying a little more like he told me but he just never communicated that to me so I've been paying the same which caused an overpayment. At least I can pay less this month. I texted him that we appreciate it and letting him know how much we'd be paying as I want to encourage good communication. Just hope he keeps it up.

Nancy - I LOVE the red skirt!! My kind of thing or was before my tummy got so huge. In fact I have a purple skirt very much like yours. I like all the ideas others have given...gives me some ideas too! Hoping to get rid of this big tummy some day you know!

Zoe - I am so sorry about your nephew, but glad he went peacefully.

Karen31 - We like Branson too! Have never RVed there but we stay in a timeshare condo there. We eat at Denny's often when traveling...high cal, high fat but aren't they all?!! I've given up on finding a good low-cal, low-fat restuarant and have decided it is just up to me to limit the amount I eat of it.
I only today finished off the Creole Fish from Ruby Tuesdays and it still tasted very good.

Laffalot - yes, Rob did play a great game and he sorta won me over I'll admit. I didn't care for him when he was in Amazing Race. I was hoping Matt would get the player award ($100,000) for his winning so many duels and being on Redemption Island so long though. But Rob deserved to win the big prize and I loved what David said to the jury!

Freda - Do you know about Dottie's site? She's in WW and has a great site about it and weightloss in general. I'm not in WW but I love her site and I downloaded her app...it's made for WW and has the points for all kinds of foods but also has restaurants and I used it to select the best entree at Ruby Tuesdays. Very cool app that covers a lot of foods and restaurants. It cost me $4+ but I'm glad I bought it. I used it right there in booth at the restaurant.

This post has taken me a long time to type because after I started it we stared watching a movie. It was called The End of the Spear as is really good and based on a true story. Even my dh loved it and he doesn't always like the movies I select.

Ok, gotta end this long post and get something more done before bed. BTW, I watched the entire movie without eating!!! That's a first!!

Last edited by maryea; 05-17-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

AC folks are supposed to be here today to install new system. I have been lucky that it has not been too hot this Spring.

Not sure whether or not I will get to my volunteer job today or tomorrow. Depends on how long the AC people take.

Tomorrow I have a couple of appointments at the college I will be teaching for in the Fall.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn
Old 05-17-2011, 08:22 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5.6

Hey golden girls I am 54 years old and would love to join you
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #218  
Want to feel better

Good morning all,

Had a nice day yesterday. Weather was beautiful. Got to sit out on the swing on the deck for a few minutes with my cup of coffee. Temperature just right, not humid. Would have liked to fit in a bike ride, but things didn't work out that way.

Went for a hearing screening. Now the process of researching them and cost and provider begins. Not covered by my health insurance. Darn things are costly ~ best one according to the audiologist was $6,000 for a pair. And she said that they last 3-5 years then have to be replaced. I am hoping maybe I can get by with just one in my worst ear.

We went to Corbin's orchestra concert last night. That was nice. Then on to pick up some produce that was on sale. Maddie came with us ~ that is always interesting. She has something to say or ask about everything. Took her back home and got to visit Sara and Corbin for a few minutes.

Back to work today. Four days then off the weekend. Hoping to get my bedroom closet cleaned out this weekend.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Old 05-17-2011, 08:32 AM   #219  
Want to feel better

Welcome Philo ~ jump right in ~ it is a wonderful group here.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #220  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Just had a WONDERFUL continental breakfast here at the motel. I've never seen one that nice. I had sausage, biscuit and gravy, orange juice and coffee.. Tim had oatmeal, doughnut and coffee. Super nice place and I haven't met a "sour" person yet! We go to the presentation today at 2:00 for the timeshare condos. Not buying anything but it was part of our package. Tonight I think we may go to the "legends in concert" show. Unless we change our minds again!!

Welcome Philo---Glad to have you on board.. Pull up a chair and jump right in!

Got to go..going to try to fit in some shopping this morning at Bransons Landing.. Going to have to go home tomorrow to rest!! LOL!!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM   #221  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
PT/Zoe, so sorry to hear about your nephew... thoughts and prayers are with your sister and with you. I'm glad you'll be going to see her soon.

Nancy, it seems my Zoe suggestion was a good one! She had lots of good ideas for you! I also like the idea of the red top and the meshy belt from KarenFL!

KarenFL, are there going to be any permanent effects from the NP using too much wattage? I hope you're back to normal soon!

Nothing to report...

KarenMO, so glad your vacation is going well! I hope you have fun (and are brave and fearless in your refusal to sign a contract! Enjoy!

Philo, welcome! Be sure to add your birthday to the birthday list in the Age 50+ forum, and we'll make a big deal out of it on your day!

Later!

Last edited by jess1; 05-17-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Default Goodbye 140's :)

Finally the scale moved! and I get to change my ticker
- it's a good day so far even though it's raining and windy and I don't get to go harvest stuff in the woods. Guess I'll do some more spring cleaning, Zoe has inspired me to move the clothes around - get rid of the stuff that doesn't fit and exchange the winter for summer. Have a good day Ladies !
Welcome to Philo too!
Old 05-17-2011, 05:34 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

The good news is I now have a working AC. The workmen got here around 8 am and just left (6:30 pm). I sat in my living room watching tv all day - made me CRAZY! I didn't want to get in their way.

Well, I am ready for the hot weather now!

Lynn
Old 05-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #224  

Hi everyone..just checking in. i had a fasting blood test this am. we tried to consolidate all our business in one swoop. so by the time i got home at 3pm i was beyond hungry and had a raging headache and after i did eat i felt like poo so im reclined and resting. hoping your day is better than mine.tea granny congrats on the loss wtg gf lynn what classes are you going to be teaching? will it be at the college or on line? glad you are now set for hot weather. it was cool and cloudy here today,what i call sweatshirt weather. i used the steps today and when we were at out financial planners office i parked the wch and used mydh arm and walked into the office for our apt. i feel so tall when i do that hoping your day is going well rosey
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
First of all, Zoe, my condolences on the passing of your nephew. I’m so sorry. I know it will be a great comfort to your sister, having you there for the funeral. Hope you have a good & safe trip. And, your visit in January will be something positive for her to look forward to.

I did a stupid thing this morning. After reading the GG posts, I left the page up on my computer, & then went off-line, & put the computer to sleep. Then I went to the grocery store. My SO’s DD was in her room, watching TV. I completely forgot, that sometimes she goes on my computer to check her email. I don’t know if she did that today, but…… if she did, she could have read our posts! She hasn’t said anything, or acted “funny”, so I don’t think she did, but still - she could have! I’ll be more careful from now on!

I’m really overwhelmed with all the advice I’ve gotten on what to wear with my skirt & culottes! So many great ideas! Thank you all! I’m saving all the suggestions so I can refer back to them. What I end up with will depend on what I can find at the thrift stores, but at least I’ll have some ideas on what to look for! Interesting that several of you mentioned wide belts. When SO’s DD was getting rid of some of her clothes, I saved several of her belts, because they fit me. (I don’t know why she had them, unless they were from her “chunky stage”, during high school, when she got up to a size 12). Three of them are wide & fit around my hips. One is black & stretchy, one is white, & the other’s gold & silver. Maybe I can use one of them for some of the looks y’all were talking about. Oh, & Zoe, I do know how to sew, (I even have a sewing machine) but I really don’t like to.

Well, I’ve been getting to bed really late, but I’m hoping to make it earlier tonight. So, I’m not going to linger here any longer. Whoops, almost forgot to congratulate you Rosey, on your weight loss (& the walking)! Yay! And Yay! Maureen, congrats on your weight loss! And, to the new girl, Philo, welcome to the GGs! Now, nite nite everyone!
NCNancy
Closed Thread