Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:09 PM   #91  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

It has been a good day. I had weight watchers this morning and was resigned to the fact that I would probably have a gain ~ as I haven't been making the best choices here lately. But ~ I was plesantly suprised to have lost almost 2 pounds.

Then, DD ~ Sara, DS ~ Jason and DGD ~ Maddie showed up and we visited a bit then made plans for a picnic later. We did it today for mother's day, because Jason has to work tomorrow.

So, we planned a menu, went to the store and got the stuff, then came home and fixed up the sandwiches. Made it easier to get the stuff ready, then just take it to the park for a picnic. Grilling out is nice, but sometimes just taking a lunch there and not having to go to all the trouble of grilling is fun too.

We went to one of the local parks then ~ early evening. That turned out to be a good choice ~ it wasn't as hot by then, and there was a little breeze. The picnic table was by a pond ~ it was beautiful and such a nice time getting to be with my kids and grandkids.

That post above Donna ~ I was suprised to see it ~ not sure how it got there. I am thinking that I had logged in to 3FC and was about to make a post when Sara, Jason and Maddie showed up. I heard Maddie say something about she was doing something with my computer. I didn't think anything of it at the time ~ had forgotten I had started to do something. But how she managed to hit all the right things and make a post is beyond me (she is 3 1/2). Maybe mommy or uncle Jason finished it for her just for the fun of it. I may never know

Having trouble keeping my eyes open ~ guess I'll head to bed.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 05-07-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:05 AM   #92  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Well, Happy Mother's Day to all of us Moms, and a happy day as well to those who aren't moms! The sun is out here, and hopefully will stay out for a while. Yesterday was an extremely weird day - sunny in the morning, and then heavy rain/thunder/lightening interspersed with short periods of sun throughout the afternoon and early evening. Of course, everything has started to get very green from all the rain, so that's pleasant, but there was no bike riding yesterday , and it's unlikely that there will be any today unless it stays sunny and dh & I can go out for an hour or so when I get back from my Mother's Day festivities with my daughters. We - mother, daughters, and their mother-in-laws - are going to go to a movie together and then out for a nice early supper. The men will take responsibility for the children for the day, and dh will look after the cats like usual . Yesterday I made a good-sized dent in changing up winter clothes for summer - got most of the winter clothes into piles - several (huge) piles for the cleaner, another few (huge) piles of things that I only wore once - like suit jackets and skirts or pants - that I can put in my own dryer in a bag with those Dryel dry cleaner sheets and then into the vacuum bags for storage. I don't know how I managed all those years before they came out with those vacuum bags - I have a closet by my back door that I use just to stack those vacuum bags in from floor nearly to ceiling with alternating summer or winter wardrobes. So, I got a majority of my winter stuff out of the closets, and plan this morning to get as much of my summer stuff out as I can. A lot of it will need ironing before I can hang it up. Oh, blah. Hmmm. Will also make a nice pot of pea soup for dh to share with ds for their dinner. That and some wheat Cibatta bread and cheese if they want. I bought two big ham steaks at the grocery store yesterday, and will cube them up into the soup along with onions and carrots. Yum. One of my favorite meals, actually.
I spoke with my sister yesterday, and the news about my nephew is not good, but I'll not share it this morning since it's Mother's Day, and it wouldn't exactly contribute any joy to the mood. Suffice it to say that it looks like I'll be making a trip back down to NC in the very near future.
Well, time to be off to make soup, handle the Great Clothing Swap, bathe and wash hair, and whatever else presents itself before I leave at @ noon.
I'll be back tomorrow to check in with all of you individually - in the meantime, I'm sending hugs and a Mother's Day peck on the cheek -

Z
Old 05-08-2011, 08:28 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Hope you all have a Wonderful Day planned.

Zoe, sounds like you have a fun day planned too. Sorry to hear the news isn't good about your nephew. Will keep you and your sister and family in my thoughts and prayers.

I love living back here where I can get together with family more often and today will be one of those days. I can't believe that it will be 2 years on the 15th that we moved back here!!

I'll be back later....

Last edited by Karen31; 05-08-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 05-08-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #95  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mom's Day!!

Attached Images
File Type: gif GIF - Animal Cartoon - Sylvester Cat.gif (14.2 KB, 1 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #96  
Want to feel better

Happy Mother's Day everyone
Old 05-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

To all my new GG friends,

I wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I would just like to say that I am really greatful for the fact that I found this forum. It is really nice to have some company on my weightloss/healthy journey.

Have a great day!
Old 05-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Happy Mothers Day GG's! To all the Mothers, Step Mothers, Foster Mothers, Stand in Mothers and Women whom we love and couldn't do without - have a blessed day
Old 05-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Afternoon. We just got back from lunch and it was good. I think I did OK-- filled a plate with lots of salad and ate that then went and got a little bit of chicken, pork chop, and veggies. I did have a small bite of dessert, apple cobbler with ice cream but just a tiny bit! Here are some pictures that Tim took this morning.

Have a GREAT DAY!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3957.jpg (25.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3956.jpg (26.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #100  

Happy Mothers Day everyone hope your day is awsome (((hugs))) rosey
Old 05-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Happy Mom's day y'all
We as women tend to nurture others whether they be our children, our pets, or the stranger we greet with a smile. At heart, we are all mothers. Today we should all celebrate!

I decided to allow the day to flow as it will. I will not be upset if I don't get my way. I will rejoice in my many blessings. I will relax with a good book and put off housework for one more day.

Hope this post finds you all well and happy
Old 05-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #102  

Hope today was a terrific Mother's Day for all.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

It was a good mother's day for me and I hope it was good for everyone. Karen31 you look absolutely terrific!

I hope you all enjoyed a treat or two, of the food and nonfood variety.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #104  

Don't have time to post...have to go to bed soon. Been busy all day but Joe took this picture of me today for Mother's Day so thought I'd put it here. Talk more tomorrow.

ETA: Doesn't seem to be working. I'll try again tomorrow.

Last edited by maryea; 05-09-2011 at 01:47 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #105  
Want to feel better

Good morning everyone,

Well, it's back to work this morning for me. I had not been doing my walking for a couple weeks ~ just felt too tired to get up at 6am to do it. But really need to, so decided I would get back to it on Monday. I was tired last night when I went to bed though and thought ~ ok, if I wake up in time on my own, I'll go, otherwise, I'll get up with the alarm and try again tomorrow. Woke up on my own, so I did the walk. A couple weeks ago, I had to take a flash light, as it was still dark when I began, and I would circle around just in front of my house (didn't feel too comfortable getting too far from home when it was dark out), but this morning, it was light enough out ~ no flashlight needed, and I went around the circle (our street is a circle). It was already warm out and a little muggy ~ I was thankful then to be walking at that time and not later when it was really hot and muggy.

I just did puttery stuff yesterday ~ I had hoped to get my bedroom closet cleaned, but was too tired to tackle that, so I did some puttery stuff ~ more covering boxes ~ that kind of thing. That was fun.

Well, guess I'd better get going and do some more getting ready for work.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Take care
Closed Thread