Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #136  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning everyone, I've tried to catch up on the posts, at least read and see how everyone is doing. Like Lynn said, I feel like I know the people here and care about how all of you are doing. I agree with the quote that food addiction is a bit like being an alcholic. The only thing is, an alcholic can just totally quit drinking. You have to have food to survive.

Rosey, Congratulations on winning the 400 dollars!!! I like your idea for sweetpotatoes, adding the preserves. I usually just eat them plain, but that is something I am going to try.

Lynn, I'm so sorry to hear about your DD. Prayers coming through for both of you. Does anything hurt us worse than a child being sick? Have you tried yogurt for antibiotic tummy? As for the bra fitting, I finally broke down and went for one. I have been wearing the wrong size all my life! I thought I knew how to measure too. Quite a surprise. Have you tried the Tapenade yet? Waiting for your review. And have a good time on your trip.

Zoe, sorry to hear about your DD too. It hurts our heart when our children are sick. But i'm sure she knows how much she is loved, and that is a big help.

Em, Thanks for reminding me it's time for my mammogram. Yuck!!

Patti, We all get frustrated when those scales don't do what we want them to do. Just hang in there, you will see results. The coconut eggs sound sooo good. I know my weaknesses though, can't get near them. Kind of like superman with kyptronite.

Birgit. We had one good ice storm allready too, and usually get another one in March. I have a 5 year old GD too, just turned 5 this weekend. We went to her birthday party and they had the usual pizza and cake. I ate the crust of the pizza (too much cheese) and was still hungry. Against my better judgement I was going to have a piece of cake. They had already replaced the cover and I couldn't get it off. After strugeling for a min. I finally got it, I am not supposed to eat this!!!!

Laurie, I am in maintenace now and i'm still learning how to eat. I do eat a bit of everything, in moderation. So far, so good. The clothes you found for your dinner cruise sound cute, and something you can wear again.

YoYo, Wearing clothes that fit really helps with staying on a diet. Not only do you look better and get credit for losing, but you get reminded if you eat too much and they get a bit tight. I tried to buy just a few things as I lost, usually pants.

Lun, Sorry to hear that you have that flu. Nasty stuff. A lot of people are coming down with it. Take care of yourself. I know you wanted too see DD's play, but there will be lots of others.

Karen3, You have it too! Most of the people I know have had it. Feel better. I am a coffee-holic too. Take everything else away, but don't touch my coffee.

Phyllis, Congratulations on the 1 lb. And good luck with the move. You must be getting really excited now,

Cat, what is callenetics? I know some type of exercise. Something you can do with a bad back? I have had to stop exercising and miss it a lot. The only thing I am doing now is the weights.

Beth, Welcome. Join in and become part of a large, loving, supportive family.

Everyone stay well, Freda
Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Oh wow . . . I really, really do not do well with time changes . . . all I wanted to do yesterday was sleep . . . it was a good day for it, too, although we definitely did not get hit too, too badly by the latest storm. Sorry to hear about those of you that did. We've got lots of nice sun today although it is very cold out there -- hope the new weather pattern holds for a few days anyway.

Did manage to spend enough time playing with my new Wii to give myself a very sore right wrist. Boy, do I ever need to practice; my Wii fitness age is 76 So far, the cats have decided I'm totally and, you know what -- the cats are right.

Well . . . I'd better get a move on and get some stuff done around 3FC and around the house since yesterday was a total loss in both places. Have a great day everybody and I'll see you all later . . .
Old 03-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #138  

Height: 5' 8"

Quickie fly by this morning. Haven't had time to read the weekend posts so I'll just say hope everyone who had the flu is feeling better and hope things are turning more positive for those of you who have friends and family with health issues.

Thanks soooooo much to everyone who is encouraging me to break down and wear the old 14s. I'm just so paranoid that "muffin" thing might start going on again and when I look in the mirror I see these thighs that are so enormous - I swear they look bigger than they did before I started losing. Makes me feel self conscious about wearing anything that fits even remotely snugly. But, I'm going to give it a try this week. Even if it's just one day.

I'll try and check back later for more personals.

TTFN

Last edited by yoyonomoreinvegas; 03-10-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:48 AM   #139  
Lifetime Loser

Laurie, I worked in my friends art gallery for several months before we bought our office supply store. I really enjoyed it and learned so much and it's always nice to know he will sell, mat and frame any piece I want at cost!

Linda, I think we will get a Wii when we get settled in. We played one at my daughters and loved it and of course it will entertain the Grandies....you can really get sore from that thing....take it easy. I bet the cats are wondering what your doing....lol

Yoyo, you'll look great in those 14's. Wish I could get into mine, I'd be strutting all around town.

Freda, thanks for the good wishes. I am getting excited. I am cooking up a storm to freeze up dinners for my son....be a surprise for him when he opens our freezer.

Zoe, Lyn and all of you with colds and the flu I hope your feeling better.

Phyllis
Old 03-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Everyone,

I leave for FL tomorrow morning. Won't be back until the 18th. Have a good week.

Lynn
Old 03-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning y'all....Slowly feeling better, but now DH has it. Wonder if should put Quarantine Sign out front. Cupboard is bare and have to do a grocery run. Just the necessities for sure.

YoYo....wear the 14's and stop looking in your mirror. Do the surprise look. Catch your self in a window or door reflection. Shocked the beejueeze out of me. Apparently when we look in mirror at home we focus on the bad spots. Walking up to of all things a rest area door I couldn't believe that was me!!!! I looked like the old me.....Wanted to spend the day just walking up that path.....6 months later and am smiling again.

Forgot who wrote that the days we have when we crave everything is our body's way of trying to stop us from losing weight. Boy yesterday was the day. I wanted gooey chewy sweet and kept telling self it was a signal. Weight is down a pound. Thank you for the insight it really helped me get thru the day. Considering I've slept most of the week with no excercise that is perfect.

Check back later. Take care of yourself, eat heathy and hugs...karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-10-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #142  

Just stopping in for a min. again. I forgot to say earlier that this is the second month of being at goal and no gain. I'm due another charm this month! I know it's due to a lot of struggeling and hard work, but also have to give credit to the support I get here. Freda
Old 03-10-2008, 12:55 PM   #143  
Onward and Downward

FREDA . . . enjoy your 'charm' shopping; you totally deserve it.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #144  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Hi Girls,
Thought I'd do a quick check-in and spend some of my lunch hour with yous. Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well.

K3, Congrats on vanquishing the dreaded munchies yesterday. Good going!

Lynn, have a wonderful trip. We'll be thinking of you and are looking forward to your return.

Phyllis and Linda, hate to expose my (boundless) ignorance on all things technological, but what the heck is a Wii? I've heard people to refer to it, but assumed one needed to be 25 or younger to be clued in on what it is

YoYo, Geez - we women are all soooo hard on ourselves! You've lost a bunch of pounds, so of course you'll look terrific in those 14's! Go ahead - wear them and strut your stuff, Girlfriend! As long as they're comfortable, you'll look great.

Freda, congrats on getting that message about not getting into the cake. Sometimes those messages really do need to smack us upside the head, don't they? Good for you for walking away.

Laurie, I like the idea of keeping a 2X4 near the garage door. I'm not sure how, exactly I would use it to help me open the door, but it might work if I use it to chase down the next big burly guy walking down the street and threaten him into helping me get into the garage

Patti, I had no idea what you meant by Irish Potatoes. Then, over this past weekend, my local supermarket was giving away little Irish Potato samples -- OMG!!! I had one, and - never again! They are absolutely delicious and totally addictive. Trust me, I do NOT need another vice to fight. Are these things just a St Paddy's treat, or is it for Easter? Either way - delicious. I hope to never come across another one, thank you very much

Beth, blessedly I am over the whole PMS thing now but up until a very few years ago I would go thru the same thing you are right now. Would retain weight for several weeks running and suddenly - usually the first full day of TOM - would drop several pounds, sometimes as much as 5 or 6. That was the ONLY good thing about TOM, but kinda made me look forward to it.

Doing well here. Was able to walk to work this morning, so am able to have at least some semblance of normal routine for a day or two. Tomorrow afternoon I'll be off to Boston again for the rest of the week, for the second of two training sessions. Once that's behind me, I'll have a week of normality before Easter at my Mom's... and that's a whole other story re: weight issues. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. When all is said and done, I will consider myself to have been successful if/when I get thru March without having gained anything. Under the circumstances I really can't expect to loose - and I'll just have to live with that.

Hugs to all of you,
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #145  
Onward and Downward

Yes . . . Wii is the lastest Nintendo gaming system . . . but it's been taking the world by storm. In fact, it was this year's "Tickle Me Elmo" i.e., the thing on everybody's "that's what I want for Christmas list" that nobody could get their hands on. It's been so popular with all ages (it's very interactive and actually results in good exercise) that they are even being installed in Senior Citizen Centres all over North America. They are still in short supply all over, too. Here's a link . . . http://www.nintendo.com/wii/what . . . check out some of the videos of people trying Wii . . . hilarious good fun.

PS: I had the same attitude (this is for kids) until my 27 year old nephew got one for his birthday and I actually got to try it (while I was in Ontario over Christmas) . . . I've been trying to get one ever since. That's me, 65 going on 15, I guess.

Last edited by meowee; 03-10-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Added PS
Old 03-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #146  
Onward and Downward

Have a great trip LYNN . . . see you soon . . .
Old 03-10-2008, 06:15 PM   #147  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Wii Dance Dance Revolution

Wii Dance Dance Revolution is good exercise and alot of fun! The grandchildren and my teens love watching me try to do it, and I am just a beginner. We have a few mats, so people can work at different levels. We laugh sometimes until we almost cry! Of course, not being a video game player, it will take awhile for me to acquire good body-screen coordination skills. The kids are so good at it!

Had a good day today, although I have yet to fit in exercise. Drank all of my water and journaled. Still have some points to spare! Scale shows one pound weight loss, but official weigh in not until Friday.

Hope everyone is doing well! Bethz
Old 03-10-2008, 06:53 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 266/243/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi,

The Wii thing sounds interesting. I've seen it before and though the same thing as several others that this is for kids but I love playing games so may find interesting. My kids used to laugh at me when I played video games with them because I was always moving around with the action instead of just using the controler.

My DH mentioned yesterday that he had noticed I've lost weight by the way I stand it suprised me that just 22 lbs could make a difference.

YOYO - Put on those 14's and be proud.

Love the garage door stories, I grew up in WI so totally understand and laughed at the body slam comment, totally relate.

Have a great day.
Em
Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Sandypickle;2093128]Hi Girls,
Thought I'd do a quick check-in and spend some of my lunch hour with yous. Sounds like everyone is doing fairly well.
If you are going to try to impersonate a Philadelphian please be advised that the correct phrase is "youse guys!"

K3, I have only had one day with the munchies, have been told the Irish Potatoes did it, but I had some yesterday, and I am fine today. I so try to eat healthy food, even when it's dessert, that's why I make my yogurt cheese cheesecake (4 pts 1/12 pie, 5 pts. 1/10 pie). It cost me a forture to make the first couple times, but I am finding places that sell the ingredients much cheaper. Found a bottle of arrowroot today at the Whole Foods Store - twice the size and half the price of McCormick! Also, BJs sells the plain, non-fat 32-oz Stony Farms yogurt for almost half the price of Pathmark. Little things like that make a difference.

Lynn, do have a good trip. Will miss you. Who will monitor my menus on the Challange thread. (Going in to make a few adjustments after this.)

YoYo, although I've only lost 15 pounds, my husband keeps insisting my butt looks better and that I should put on smaller pants! Can I live on THAT for while, huh?

Beth, sympathies on your PMS. I had HORRIBLE PMS until 12 years ago at age 44, when the chemo for breast cancer took TOM away. I remember when the doctor told me it would stop, I asked for how long. When he said "for good," I jumped out of my chair, raised my fists and yelled "Yes!! There is a silver lining." I guess I don't recommend everyone solving their PMS problem that way, however.

Yes, Sandy, the Irish Potatoes go away after St. Patrick's Day. That's why I indulge. They ARE only one point per piece, however. They were GIVING them away?! Send me a map to that store!. I'm there!
Sandy, off to Boston? I'm jealous. I love New England, particularly, Maine (been there twice, coast and Moosehead Lake), but never really did Boston. On the way to the airport from Cape Cod one year, we got caught in a traffic jam and thought going through center city Boston was a good idea. NOT! That's all I've ever seen of Boston -- being lost in a bad neighborhood! I don't know what "circumstances," you can't expect to lose" under -- that's crazy talk! Git her done!

Greetings and felicitations to all.

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 03-10-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #150  

Hi everyone.. what is an irish potatoe? never heard of them..hope u are all having a great day..just got done perming my hair..hope i dont look like phee-phee the poodle..i always do my own(cutting too) sometimes it looks great but everyonce in awhile i really goof up..thats what hats and scarves are for right..(((hugs))) for all rosey
Closed Thread