Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #121  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I just got my Wells Fargo IRA, dropped $751.39. What are we to do?

Bobbi
Old 03-08-2008, 05:14 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi y'all....Have been in bed for 2 days and still sneezing my fool head off. DH knows I'm sick when cancelled bridge. Timing at least was good and got my trip to St Pete's in before collapse.

Rosey: Wow $400 Bingo win! Awesome. I get tickled with getting a free ticket with Lotto.

Zoe: Been thru so much over the years with my kids and always ready in heart beat to go to them. Remember one trip where son was in ICU in Springfield, Mass and the commuter plane I hopped on had prop fall off on the runway. I was so intent on getting to him just reboarded and flew on.(admit wet myslef later)With your DD just wait and when the time comes she will want her MOM!

Patti: No EGGS> Setting yourself to a hugh tempation. Send Cadiberry Egg Gift certificates. DD says all of Hunterdon County is under water.

YoYo: I have become a WallyWorld shopper and buy a couple of pairs of pants that fit. I gave away all my Fat Clothes took 2 trips in DH's Jeep. So if anything starts to get snug I have nothing to get by with. It was so hard because I really liked my stuff. Wearing alot of loose tops but at least not droopy drawers and if you feel put together you carry yourself better.

Laurie: 300kids a week.OMG...my worse nightmare is I died and woke up as a schoolbus driver.(would know I didn't make it to heaven)

Lynn: after writing about LgG being genetic I felt terrible. But when you noted it is male trait had to laugh. What a wonderful world of medicine is happening that even diseases can be traced like that. What I do remember is that the plasma episode was probably because of her LgG not the cause of it.

Am reading the latest Rita Mae Brown book and so mad am ready to send it back to her. I bought a book for the story not to spend 90% of the time reading a political rant.

Yesterday we had about 6" of rain in a few hours and the lania was flooding. I had sent for 2 36" poofy tubes that absorb water a few years ago from one of those little weird catalogues. Boy did they work. Sucked up all the water...will dry in a day or two and can reuse. Look like thing put against door for drafts. Dh asked me to order more. Be good to use during hurricanes.

Back to blankie and hot cuppa tea. Take care of yourself, eat healthy and hugs...karen3
Old 03-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
1) you wrote, "Haven't lost any weight the past two weeks, really getting frustrated." Please consider joining the March Challenge - doesn't matter when you join. I've been in the 150's for 20 days now - helps me to focus on my behaviors - not my weight.
Well I would, but when I looked for a March Challenge tthread, all I found was February's. Is it in another room?

I rained here ALL day, even when the sun was out! Even got some thunder. I love thunder and lightening. And snow. I guess I just love chaos!

Root canal! Well, I found it really gross, and the doc had to give me extra shots, which are probably worse than the freakin' pain of the root canal! Once they totally numb you, tho, it's not bad. It's just the noise and knowing what he's doing in there!

Cadbury! Surely you jest! After having homemade ones, they're all ruined for life! I am not worried about eating the eggs. I was on WW during Easter last time and was fine with the stuff in the house. I weighed every slice of egg I ate and pointed it. I will just have to refrain from licking my fingers while making them! My hubby still brings junk into the house, but not as much. I really don't crave it, but the Irish Potatoes are a once a year thing, and I only had four. That was 4 points. Anyway, I will let you guys know what I decide and how things went. Will power is not my problem -- it's that I get no exercise.

Wow, I never realized how much being out of work is keeping me healthy! I always got bronchitis at least twice a year when I was working. Hope you sick people all get well soon.

Well, TTFN.

Patti

Last edited by Phillygirl2; 03-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #124  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Patti . . . The March Challenge is in the Sticky area at the top of the forum.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 270/250/180

Height: 5'7"

Okie-doke. I never look there! lol
Old 03-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #126  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick fly-by tonight. Been on the phone with Mom. SF is out of the hospital - Yeah!!! Having a good weekend, cleaning and laundry most of the day. I need to get to bed early with the time change tonight

Hope you all had a wonderful Saturday! I will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow
Old 03-09-2008, 03:08 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 266/243/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi GGs,

Thanks Lynn for the advise and words of encouragement. I've gone back to planning this week and eating what I plan. I've also been doing WATL using the weight balls and 1 using resistance bands. So I've also added movement to my days.

Hope all of you sickies get better soon. Patti, I hadn't thought about it but I havn't been sick either since I've been out of work and I usually get sick every November and then this time of year when the weather starts to change.

Well losing an hour of sleep tonight but gaining daylight at night so off to bed for me so I don't feel it in the morning.

Nite
Em
Old 03-09-2008, 06:01 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Lyn, I'm so sorry to hear that you have the flu. Feel better. We had TONS of rain yesterday. If all of that was snow for you, you must be covered!

Hi Birgit, first problem with the MP3 - the thingy that is supposed to fit into my computer is the wrong shape. I have an old computer with different type of port. I will go to Radio Shack today & see if I can get an adaptor.

Hi Linda, I'll give you the Tapenade review - I'm off to the store this morning.

Hi Bobbi, my comment about your IRA was of a political nature, so I PM'd to you.

Hi Karen3, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. Feel better. Never worry about anything like the IgG comment - I thought it was funny (and true). As a mother, we ARE "responsible" for everything & we do feel guilty about anything that happens to our children.

Hi Patti, I see you found the Challenge thread. You wrote, "Will power is not my problem." WOW you are one lucky lady! Will power is ALWAYS a problem for me.

Hi Laurie, Glad to hear you got good news from your Mom.

Hi Em, the walking is GREAT for your general health, but won't do a lot to raise your metabolism. However, the weight balls will. Good for you for adding movement to your days!

I'm going to get to the gym early today - yesterday I was late & had to wait for my favorite Elliptical. Then to the store - stock up on that Tapenade. Then home to finish my mid-term, do some genealogy, and make a new recipe. I'm supposed to have dinner at my DD & SIL's tonight so I'll have a light breakfast and lunch.

Check back later,

Lynn
Old 03-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #129  
Lifetime Loser

Well, somehow I managed to lose 1 lb. Must be all the activity getting ready to move. I'll take it!!!

Wow, sorry so many of you have the flu. I think my son has it now, it usually gets to Florida last when all the "northerners" bring it down....lol

Lyn, I haven't had a cold in 2 yrs. since I retired....another good benifit from retirement. Feel better soon.

Lynn, your not going to be close to us on your trip to FL. Sorry, I would have loved to meet up with you. Enjoy the beautiful sunshine, I know I will miss it next year. We just have to plan our visits down here when it is freezing up there.

Linda, the place we are moving to in Ohio got over 15" of snow this week-end, that is a lot for that area. I actually wouldn't have minded being there and seeing that blizzard and cozying up to the fireplace! I must be insane???

Zoe, hope you get a wether break soon my dear. I guess rain is an improvement??? Not sure about that one. How is your sister doing?

Em, exercise is a key to faster weight loss, at least it is for me. I was doing the WATP walking tapes and losing inches, hurt my foot and am now out of the routine. Changing up your routine will help. Good luck.

Rosey, how ya doing? I now seeing the scales go up is hard, like I said I keep playing with the same 5 lbs. We will be on the road Easter Sunday so no goodies, I will miss being in church.

Karen 3 feel better soon and take care of yourself.

Karen, congrats on the weight loss. It just takes dedication doesn't it. Have a safe trip & hope Dad does well.

Em, this is a bad time of the year here in Florida with everyone from up north bringing down colds and flul, not so much the change of seasons. Stay well.

We went to an art auction last night, didn't buy anything. My friend in W. Palm Beach has an Art Gallery and I can get it all at cost. The prices were not really that bad but of course the piece I loved started at $1500....guess I have good taste but not the pocketbook. Was a nice night with little food or drink involved for a change.

Hi to everyone I missed....Phyllis
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #130  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I have family here and more on the way, so quickly buzzing in and will read posts when I have time...so posting this quickly and back to last minute cleaning..

I've been reading about Callenetics and seeing so many good reviews of it, I decided to go ahead and order the dvd. I tried it out for the first time this morning. OMG. I really didn't "feel" anything while doing it, but after my bath..wow. It really got deep muscles..especially in my butt. I can really feel it now. Wow. As most of you know, I hate any kind of "jumpy" exercising and machines. yuck..pitooee. (I also have a rotten back) But this is great if there are any other exercise slugs out there like me. It came out in the 80's , so the clothes and hair are pretty outdated, but well worth looking at.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning y'all...Forgot to set the clocks but didn't hurt a thing. Not moving around much today. Already canceled bridge for tomorrow. I hate people who come and cough all over me so am being responsible adult and not coughing on them.....yeah and too weary to shower/dress.

Lynn...you'll be about 80 miles from us in Brandon. Not far from Tampa or Orlando. Great area to find fun things to do. Try the tapenoda on flat bread with smear of FF cream cheese. I do 3-4 of them and serve as snacks at the club. Get alot of bites out of one flat bread. Pack a few sweaters as it's been a little chilly. Will be 74 rest of week.

Phyllis....when do you leave for Ohio? I've been outside waving all week! Congrats on 1lb when schedule is screwy.

I told you all to duck. That weather front drove thru here and sucked up the entire Gulf just to dump on you. DD says been the snow on the ground plus the rain every river in NJ is flooding.

Cat...This that a can of chickory coffee? OMG does that ever smell good. I can give up white food, sweets and chocolate but never good coffee!

It's either 12N or 11am computer changes self I think. Need a nap. Take care of yourself, eat heathy and hugs....karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 03-09-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #132  
Birgit

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6'0"

Good lord, K3 - you were not kidding! That storm front blew thru here, glazed everything, and blew right on out. I couldn't get into my garage this morning cuz the door was frozen tight to the ground. Took us 20 mins of hacking away at the garage door till it would finally open. We couldn't use my BF's car cuz it was covered in a sheet of ice over an inch thick, and we couldn't even get into the door to turn the car on to thaw it out from the inside - cuz the locks were frozen shut. Geez... needless to say I was quite late for church this morning. Ordinarily on a day like this I'd have bagged it, but I had an important meeting scheduled immediately after services so I really needed to find a way to get there.

And the fun part is that the weather guys are predicting another one in a few days. Ugh!

Cat, I am certainly one of those exercise avoiders. I walk as much as I can, but Lynn is right -it doesn't do a think for my metabolism. I'll check out Callenetics. Problem is, I really don't have enough space to dedicate to exercising inside my home. I live in a 2 bdrm condo with a lot of open spaces. Not really an ideal setup for this type of thing, especially with inquisitive pets running around and a sweet and loving BF who has made himself "at home" here by shlepping in his drafting table and musical instruments (tubas). So what space there was maybe in the guest room, is now no longer available. Still - I'll check out Callenetics. In the meantime, I wish you a lot of luck and am sending white light to your hurtin' butt

Patti, I've never had a root canal (and I fervently hope that I never will). But I have had my wisdom teeth pulled and it was absolutely horrible. I think the worst part of the entire ordeal (other than my face swelling up and looking like a chipmunk for a week) was the painkiller I was given. The stuff totally played with my head - I've never been so profoundly depressed in my life. I've had other surgeries since then, was given different kinds of painkiller, and I was perfectly fine. But that stuff - well, let's just say I'll never take it again if I can help it.

All those of you who are sick - I'm sending you healing vibes~~~~~

Best wishes to everyone,
Old 03-09-2008, 03:17 PM   #133  

Morning everyone.. another sunny day here..and when the suns shinning thru the windows the dogs follow it across the floor..2 are sleeping on their backs..so cute..the down size is all the winter crud is showing up as well,dingy windows and dusty logs (we live in a log house we built ourselves) anyways it has thrown me into a cleaning frenzy..so i have been sorting and organizing..started with my craft stuff, it looks worse than when i started but then when im done it will shine but for how long?,it never stays clean does it..hope all who are sick get better fast and hoping u all are having a great weekend ttfn rosey
Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #134  
On My Road To Good Health

S/C/G: 286/256/160

Height: 5'9"

Wink reporting in

Had a great weekend visiting with son and grandchildren. Sunny and cold here in MA today. Was pouring rain and windy yesterday. Glad just not to see snow.

Have made OK decisions as far as eating, although more difficult for me weekends and evenings. I find I am making better choices when grocery shopping as time goes on, though.

I am not a weekend exerciser, but I walk 20 minutes at lunch time each day at work. Working in a school the halls are long, so it is kind of like mall-walking! Eventually I will need to add some weight resistance exercises. Right now just building up endurance to eventual 60 minute walk on "rough terrain" around our country block when weather and road improves.

Maintained weight this week, which is OK because I am PMS. I generally lose more afterwards. ( Being perimenopausal, I sometimes can be PMS for quite a while!)

Have a great evening, everyone! Bethz
Old 03-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #135  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Quick flyby to say hello. I hope you had a great weekend!

Beth, I like to walk the school halls too. I put on my headphones and listen to books while I walk

Birgit - I have the same problem with my garage door. I have started leaving it open an inch starting the first of March until the snow is gone. Some years I have been late for work trying to get out of the garage. I also keep a 2x4 near the door to bang on the bottom. It seems to work better than using my body as a battering ram.

Karen3 - hope you are feeling better soon!

Cat - glad you found a new workout that works. I haven't done Callenetics, but it sounds interesting. I might just need to try it out! Thanks tto the recommendations from some in the 50+ forums, I ordered my Zumba DVDs yesterday

Phyllis - I love art galleries. I never buy anything, but I love browsing. Son is a photographer, so we have his work hanging all over the house. In fact, I need to find room for the Christmas presents

Rosey - feel free to come down here and inspire me to get some spring cleaning done. I'm not motivated at all.

Lynn - congrats on breaking the 150 mark! You are doing GREAT!

Em - congrats on the exercise. I really do believe that all of those little changes add up to big results. I love WATP too!

Hello to everyone else! Hope you have a great Monday!!!

Laurie
Closed Thread