Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #1  
Bobbi

Default Golden Girls - March

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you pasted the 50 mark?
Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:07 PM   #2  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls!
I pigged out this morning on a turkey bacon omelet with tapenade on my toast. It was a feast before my eyes but not that many calories. Egg whites 40 calorie, turkey bacon 40 cal, low cal toast 80 cal and tapenade 35 calories. I've never eaten tapenade or Pesto before the Flat Belly Diet put me onto it, yum! Any of you fans of these two items? We have a basketball game tonight, DH is trying to dig us out again. Yesterday we have 45 mile an hour winds and our driveway is hard packed. He's getting too old to shovel and our snow blower probably won't go thru it. But tonight is the next to the last game for the season and our grandson sure appreciates the support. I'm going to catch up with all you this week-end. I dropped out of a forum on another web site, it was getting to be too much plus the 3FC is an old friend of mine and I'd rather spend my time here. Have a good week-end, Bobbi
Old 03-01-2008, 01:37 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Glad to hear that, BOBBI . . . . . . we definitely have not been seeing enough of you lately, girl.

BTW, how much olive-flavour is there in the tapenade? Although I love olive oil, I absolutely cannot stand olives (they actually make me gag). I've been eyeing the tapenade in the stores and wondering if I'd feel any differently about it?

Hey, where is everybody else hiding
Old 03-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Ladies!! Well, I was able to lose a pound this week! YAY!! I was hoping for more but I'll take it!!

Bobbi, glad to see you back with us. What is "tapenade"? I've never heard of it. Are you feeling better? I kow that Spring has to be just around one of these NEXT corners!!

Linda (meowee) I hope you are feeling better too. We are supposed to get up into the 60's today and then tomorrow the bottom falls out again! With a high only in the 20's with snow again!! Be glad when we get through March! But we can still get snow here through April and even into May!! YUCK!!

I've been cleaning house like crazy this morning and decided to take a break with a cup of coffee and see what was going on here. Kind of quiet around here this morning.

Hello to everybody and hope you all have a good weekend! Try to catch up with everyone later....
Old 03-01-2008, 02:06 PM   #5  
Bobbi

Meowee... Sorry but Tapenade's 1st ingredient is olives. Do you hate both green and black olives? They make both kinds but if you hate olives you will not like either. It's very rough cut chunks of olives, red peppers, zucchini, capers, tomatoes, plus lots of spices.

I put together a good recipe for Chocolate Cherry Pudding this morning.
1 pkg. of SF Chocolate pudding mix (Not the instant, the kind you cook)
2 cups of skim milk
1 serving of frozen tart red cherries. (3/4 cup or 140 g) You can buy these individually frozen and sugar free. I diced up the frozen cherries (no need to thaw) and distributed them among 8 tupperware/Rubbermaid cups with lids. Top the cherries with cooked pudding, give a little stir and cover. These make tasty little desserts @ 43 calories each. I usually add SF Cool whip when serving.

I was wondering where everyone was too, usually Lynn gets the thread started. I see she has the March challenge going, where art thou Lynn?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-01-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy y'all....posted earlier but forgot date change...Just got call from bestest friend in the world her Sil 49 went into Tampa General for hernia operation and died. MF is just been put in a wheelchair and for the first time said I can't get there...."The I Can't" has ripped my heart in 2. Don't know whether to barrel up in Md and hug her or go to St Petersburg to her daughter. They were my image of the golden couple (married in the chapel at Annapolis,planned renewing their vows this May on beach in Cancun).
karen3
Old 03-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Oh . . . how awful for you K3 . . . bad news wrapped around bad news.

We always get snow in April, too K31 . . . but I always keep hoping.

That's what I was afraid of BOBBI . . . guess I'll save my money. My first hatred is for the green ones, but the black are running close behind. Hey, the pudding sounds great -- no olives.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi y'all....Kept me busy and got the tax paper stuff all orangized and just have make the appointment with Ol'Fred.

Linda when I was growing up in snow country we always had "the onion snow". Which the farmers said came just after you planted the onions and warmed the bulbs. Remember one year we had the onion snow, the carrot snow, the cabbage snow, pea snow, etc etc etc.....think it snowed into June. Then in Md on the Eastern Shore they planted their Engish peas by Valentine's Day. Up North you could have done that....sure with dynamite!.....That was not a real weight gain, but your old body protecting its self from winter cold......yeah and then what is my excuse down here in Fl.

I have been tossing in a few dried cranberries in my salads. No enough to raise the calory count much, but boy do they pop bright in your mouth.

Thank you all for just being here....nice to have a place to share a pain.........hugs. karen3
Old 03-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #9  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Bobbi - thanks for the head's up on the weather - it is headed our direction. I love pesto and use it quite a bit. I try incorporating MUFas in my diet as well

Karen - good luck on the house showing! I hope it goes well

Karen3 - I will keep everyone in my prayers! I know what you mean about the snows. They NEVER seem to go away. We have had snow in June. We had snow for my brother's wedding in July. I don't recall snow in August - but it is the only month without snow

Busy weekend here trying to get things done for church tomorrow and usual weekend chores - cleaning, laundry, cooking ahead, etc.

The 17 year-old kitty was really matted. He has arthritis in his back and can't groom himself. He HATES being touched there. Thus, it was an ugly experience shaving his mats. I waited as long as I could, since he does like to go outside. Poor think, he has a couple bald spots now where I had to trim him right down to the skin.

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. I need to get some exercise so I have a date with Leslie (WATP).

Laurie
Old 03-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #10  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning GG's. Quickly passing through to wave.

Karen, so sorry about your friend's sister. What a shock that must have been for everyone!!

We are having wonderful weather here, so took advantage of it yesterday and started putting our new little vegetable garden together. The back yard looks really ratty right now after the freezes we had, but hopefully will be cleaned up soon. (Yeah, I know my fence looks awful too...we lost the "good" one in Katrina and decided to put up a wire fence and grow star jasmine on it...then if it ever comes down in a storm, we can just shove it back up. Hopefully the jasmine will fill in more this summer so it is eventually a solid wall of vines)

I am still waiting for 2 more of those black planter boxes that are on backorder and last night ordered a bunch of "exotic" veggies that we can't find locally. Hoping the boxes will be here before the plants are.

Today I am bringing my Mother back to Mississippi so she can have one more visit at the cemetery before she leaves to go back to North Carolina next week. My daughter is coming in on Thursday, My sister and her husband are coming in on Sunday, then they are leaving with Mama on Tuesday and daughter is leaving on Thursday. I decided to go ahead and take off of work next Wednesday so we can at least have one whole day together for a "girl day out".

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-02-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #11  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Oh Cat - Those photos make me so jealous! We still have a white world here. I can't wait to start my gardens again. Nice photos and lovely garden.
Lyn
Old 03-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Well, that GD old March Lion is still roaring around here in northern Nova Scotia. Definitely another not very nice day.

Hope the rest of you are getting better weather than we are.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Cat-- loved the pictures of your garden! Right now if I took a picture all you would see is WHITE and BLOWING WHITE!!! We had 60 degrees yesterday and beautiful, today we will be lucky to get in the 20's andthey are predicting 6 to 12 inches of snow! Of course then tomorrow and the next day are to warm up again just in time for another storm coming in Wednesday! March is a crazy month here and I can hardly wait for it to get over!

After getting all the cleaning done yesterday I think that I may just get some of the kitchen stuff down and packed that I am not needing now. I can probably get at least 2 or 3 boxes packed up. Sure don't want to do anything outside!

Hello to everyone! I'll be back later...
Old 03-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #14  
Bobbi

Good Morning!
Today in Church someone asked me how I was, my reply Meowee?
I was enjoying the balmy weather. We actually have melted snow in the streets and all the snow on the roof is disappearing. You keep that nasty weather up there!
If I'm smart enough to figure it out I'll show you what we have in our back yard, not near as pretty and green as your yard Cat. What do you have in the new bins, looks like some herbs among the Marilgolds. I can't wait for spring, we already have all our seeds sent for and we buy live tomato, peppers. I planted all my herbs last year in a large planter and brought them in last fall. They are still looking good and producing except for the Basil. I did dump some Basil seeds in a couple of days ago, that's something I use lots of. Getting time for lunch, I hear DH out in the kitchen making a salad to go along with our Elk Roast for supper. He saw the recipe on a cooking show, it's Beets, scallions, celery, mustard and a vineagrette of some kind. I don't know how I'm going to count the calories in that, guess maybe.

Take Care, Bobbi
Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #15  
Bobbi

Back Yard, this will take until July to melt. This is even higher now, even with the roof eaves.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 12-27-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Closed Thread