Old 09-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 185/170/135

Height: 5'3"

good morning, everyone. i am posting for the first time. i am 66 years old and have about 40 lbs to lose. i started low carb on 9/18/13, and have lost 9 lbs so far. i must start an exercise program and have ordered an exercise bike and ab roller. hopefully, they will be here within the week. i also will be walking at least 15 minutes a day, to start. i have lower back issues and am hoping losing weight will help this. i live with my SO, Jim, who is very supportive, but slim and trim. we have a wire haired dachsund and 2 spoiled cats. i come to this site numerous times a day for support and info and you never fail me. hoping, by sharing support, we can all help each other. have a fantastic day!!!
sweetlinable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome ladies and so happy to have you here with us. Be sure to come on over to http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...-girls-12.html and join us. Just pull up a chair and jump in! Looking forward to getting to know more about you.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #138  

Good morning everyone.
I am 53 years old and need to loose about 4stone. I am in not sunny Kent, England, where we don't talk about pounds, so I think that is about 56lbs, which sounds just about impossible. I was looking for motivation on the interweb and found 3fatchicks and was hooked.
Looking forward to any advice anyone can offer!
squeakyhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:07 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, started IP diet 4 days ago. I will be 66 this Christmas Day. Need to lose 20-25 lbs. look forward to this thread and all the great words.
Not 2 old 4 skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #140  

Hello everyone. I'm 56 and the married mother of two grown children in their twenties, and live in Michigan. I'm pretty active during the days as a nurse and beginning to really enjoy our empty nest, after being depressed that the best part of our life was over. I just worked my way up to 145 pounds, never been this heavy and have started the Ideal Protein diet 6 days ago and have lost 4 pounds so far. Want to work down to 125-130...just want to feel good in my clothes and have lots of energy. I want to be able to drink alcohol when I feel like it, not count calories, but eat healthy with splurging now and then. I've never taken any prescription meds but now take 2 on a daily basis. I don't like this getting old thing...had a foot and knee surgery this year for arthritis...feel like my body is finally feeling it's age so I have to get serious about getting the weight off to feel the best I can feel. We've had a lot of serious health problems in our family up to this point, so raising our kids was a pretty stressful time but things are runnning smoother now and we're hoping our next 20 years will be the best of our lives.
FIRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #141  
Jacksonville, FL

Default Hello

I just "joined" a few days ago and have been tooling around the site. I am and in 50 days I cross over into old age...70. it just seemed to happen!

married 49 years, 4 children, ages 48-16, and 8 grandchildren, 24-8. We moved from Ohio to Jax, Fl 6 years ago. love both states, boys in Ohio girls in Florida...I worked for many years as an Elementary Librarian in a private Christian school.
I am 5'2" and currently 170.

Tried almost every " diet" out there with varying success. the last 10 years have not been able to lose because of thyroid up and down...a couple of weeks ago ended up in hospital with bp and thyroid making me faint, so I have to lose and get healthier. I believe I need to limit sugar, but know from experience I cannot do cold turkey, it messes up metabolism so am trying to eat healthier with less sugar.

Exercise is mostly beach walking....
We have a "LBD" Little brown dog, a border terrier we dearly love and up to last December a Siamese cat...we love them but have decided it is best now to have only one animal at a time.....
Deelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRN View Post
Hello everyone. I'm 56 and the married mother of two grown children in their twenties, and live in Michigan. I'm pretty active during the days as a nurse and beginning to really enjoy our empty nest, after being depressed that the best part of our life was over. I just worked my way up to 145 pounds, never been this heavy and have started the Ideal Protein diet 6 days ago and have lost 4 pounds so far. Want to work down to 125-130...just want to feel good in my clothes and have lots of energy. I want to be able to drink alcohol when I feel like it, not count calories, but eat healthy with splurging now and then. I've never taken any prescription meds but now take 2 on a daily basis. I don't like this getting old thing...had a foot and knee surgery this year for arthritis...feel like my body is finally feeling it's age so I have to get serious about getting the weight off to feel the best I can feel. We've had a lot of serious health problems in our family up to this point, so raising our kids was a pretty stressful time but things are runnning smoother now and we're hoping our next 20 years will be the best of our lives.
Welcome, there is also an Ideal Protein thread if you are interested. It's under the topic of Diet Plans like WW, etc. I'm 66, 4 grown kids. Got up to 157 am looking to get to 125-130 as well. Have been on IP for a week, going well so far, down 6 lbs. and learning lots of tricks for the IP thread. Good luck and keep moving "downward"
Not 2 old 4 skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 270/235/155

Height: 5'5

Hi. I just turned 50 this past September, my name is Wind and I live in Florida. I am disabled and a single mom to a 14 yr old. It is hard for me to exercise with my disability, but I try to do things that won't aggravate it. I have spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia. I really need to get the weight off for my health. I eat healthy, I am allergic to corn and gluten, so I have a limited diet. Nice to meet you all and good luck in your journey.
EhecatlChantico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Hello!

I am just joining today! My birthday is in just 7 days and I will be 55! I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I am well into menopause and an empty nester! I am finding weight gain so frustrating.

Today begins my 17 day diet start date. I found this site through the 17 day diet support page and hope to find others my age who need and give encouragement and also a way to be accountable on this journey.

I have been up and down the diet journey road for decades and desire sweet relief to just become the woman God made me to be. I hate stressing over my weight gain and today I am determined to do something about it!
Becomingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:25 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 143/143/125

Hi Firn,

I just joined too and read your post. I can so relate to your life's situation! It sounds like you are on the right path to finding success. I hope the best for you!
Becomingmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello and Welcome to all of you!! We would like to invite you over to our Golden Girls circle-- http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...n-girls-8.html We all have a good time there and look forward to getting to know you. So pull up a chair and jump in...
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Hi- I've recently turned 65.
Been on 3FCs for most of this calendar year, and recently have just about reached my goal by using a fat burning-protein sparing diet since last December. Now ready to begin the journey to maintenance. The maintenance path is obviously more challenging for those of us on the other side of 50, so hope to find support, friendship and favorite ways to stay on track!

Retired 4.5 years now. Married 44 yrs, 2 grown daughters, 4 granddaughters, and 4 sisters!

Love travel, jazz, papercrafting/card making, involved in several book-groups, and taking life long learning classes at our local univ. and anything to do with my family

Don't love yard work, cleaning the bathroom or unloading groceries!

Last edited by 65X65; 10-28-2013 at 08:08 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 204/194.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello! I just turned 50 a couple of weeks ago. I've been married for 28 years (as of Nov. 2 2013), have one almost 16 year old daughter and one ornery cat. I'm an author of Young Adult fiction, love traveling, hiking, hate housework.

I grew up in Hendersonville, TN, and believe it or not, Taylor Swift and I went to the same high school - twenty seven years apart.

My hope is that this will be my last weight loss journey. I want this to be for keeps!
Fran Veal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Good luck on this journey! It has been my experience that one needs to embrace a mind set of making weight loss a life style change. That seems to be something I am still battling with.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:54 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 216.6

Height: 5'1''

Hi, I am over 60 and trying to lose weight once again. It seems that every New Year I start over. Never really getting to the weight I want to be. This is my first time joining a weight loss community. Maybe I'll gain new friends and lose some weight.
Sparkle101 is offline   Reply With Quote