Old 02-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 153

Height: 5

Hi everyone, I am 50, married with 4 children, and 2 grandchildren. Only one child still at home and in college! I currently work as a civilian for the Dept of Army.

I love to travel, which as you know is super hard when trying to lose weight! I also like to go camping, boating and spend time with the kids and grandkids.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I am 5'0" and as of today I weigh 153. My highest weight was around 190. Once I hit 190 I had a Lap-band inserted and it was smooth sailing for the next 10 years. Okay not that smooth, as everyone who has had some kind of gastric bypass knows, IT IS HARD. After about 6 yrs. my band flipped, which is very painful and I had it replaced with another Lap-band. After the 10 year mark the band again flipped and I had it removed. I didn't want to, I actually considered living in pain as opposed to having it removed because this time the Dr would not replace it. Lap-bands were on the way out and because I had maintained my weight for so long he said “I know what to do when it comes do diet and exercise.” During the 10 years with the band i stayed consistently at 120-130lbs. Great weight for me. It has been two years since the removal and I've gained 30lbs with no end in sight. It brings back so many fears for me (as it does when anyone who has ever been overweight knows). In the last two years Ive been in and out of this and that diet. I joined weight watchers, did KETO 2x which kept me maintaining my weight but no weight loss, I went to a weight loss program with meds, but to no avail. I have kept a food journal, and used myfitness pal and still no results. Is it menopause? I just can’t lose a dang pound. I have also went from not working out to starting in Oct 2018 going 3 to 4 times a week to a high intensity class (Orange Theory) still no luck ! I do feel better overall with my workouts.

I went to Metabolic Research Center (MRC) 20 years ago and lost 60lbs but like everyone else has said when you start to “eat” off their plan you start gaining. I was thinking of trying that out again? Anyone else doing MRC?

What have you lost weight doing? I need help before my weight is out of control again!

Last edited by Diane50; 02-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.
Diane50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:13 PM   #242  

S/C/G: 235/161/125

Height: 5'2"

I am new. 68 years old. Was seeking a weight loss support forum for seniors. Was hoping this might be it, but noticed that the last posting was 2 months ago. Is anyone still active in this forum?
snowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 235/161/125

Height: 5'2"

I am new. 68 years old. Was seeking a weight loss support forum for seniors. Was hoping this might be it, but noticed that the last posting was 2 months ago. Is anyone still active in this forum?
snowell is offline   Reply With Quote