Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #106  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default New to 50+

I hope I am doing this right. Not sure if I should post or start a new thread. I am 62,live in small town Iowa,and joined WW 5 weeks ago. I have a weigh in tonite,so will post my loss(hopefully). I stayed fairly slim,for 5 years,after a 50 lb. weight loss,but gained back over 50 lbs. this past year. This past year was a trying time for me,and I let my guard down and became an emotional eater. I guess some people can't eat if they are stressed or depressed,but I'm the opposite. I never thought I would be this heavy again,which has caused health issues. I am so glad,I am taking charge again,and getting this weight off. My confidence level went back down to 0,but slowly coming back. I wish my weight didn't affect every area of my life,but it does. I am so ready to be healthy again! I look forward to getting to know all of you. p.s. what are subscriptions?
susanjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #107  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

Question Golden girl thread?

I don't know where to find this thread. I looked at the control panel and didn't see it. Also,how do you know when anyone replies to your post or thread? I filled in the email page,but checked my email account,and haven't had any replies. Thanks for the info.
susanjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 AM   #108  
South Dakota Girl

S/C/G: 160/147/125

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hi all! I am Sherri from South Dakota and I've been lurking and reading these posts quite a while here. I have learned so much on this site. Reading through the posts is the last thing I do at night (in bed) before I go to sleep.

I was always the skinny girl, until I had my daughter when I was 42. I looked at pregnancy as my license to eat. I gained LOTS. I am trying to get down to what I weighed 10 years ago...around 125. Seems in the past I could lose 10 lbs in a week if i wanted. I guess age DOES change things

I embarked on a serious exercise program last year. I was lifting weights for 12 hours a week and running 12 miles a week. For 6 months. It did NOTHING in the way of changing my size. So discouraging! So in the last couple of months i started a real diet.

My Ideal Protein diet kind of transitioned to a high protein/low carb diet. I am losing VERY slowly but at least I AM LOSING. I do have the ocassional binge at Pizza Ranch or other buffets (my skinny daughter likes to eat there.) i have noticed, however, that a one day a week fall is not really affecting me too much. I mean, at least the scale is not going UP!

I work from my home office as an SEO/internet marketer for local businesses so the fridge is awful close and sitting at my desk all day isn't helping the middle age spread!

Anyway, thanks for y'all being here. I have been reading your posts for ao long that I feel like I already know some of you quite well! I look forward to learning lots more here and making new friends!
sdejager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #109  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Sherri ~ maybe you can join in one of the threads in the section down below this one. Lots of wonderful people here. Look forward to getting to know you.

Oh ~ I like your avatar pic ~ my daughter used to have one for a pet.

Last edited by glynne; 02-28-2013 at 08:14 AM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 255 / 230 / 185

Height: 5' 5"

Default Bio

Hi I'm Yvonne, I'm 53 and from Northern Virginia. I'm using medifast to lose weight and am an extremely slow looser. I'm hoping to find support on these forums as well as encouragement. I will gladly contribute to both as much as I can for the community.

I work from home a lot so my daily exercise routine varies. I've been hoping to find people around my area to walk with since spring is right around the corner. I look forward to being a part of the 50+ community.
YvonneH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #111  

Hello everyone. I'm 59 yrs of age. I have 7 children, his, hers and ours, 2 beautiful grandchildren. My 4 yr old granddaughter named me Mommo, love it! I work for People with Developmental Disabilities. My job is very rewarding, I look forward to going to work everyday!

I've been researching IP for quite awhile. With help and encouragement from my freind in Louisiana (She is also Nana to my 2 grandchildren) I've decided to do the program. She has been very successful on the program, she is my incentive. Problem is...I live in central NY and there is no clinics even remotely near me. So I'm jumping in and going for it on my own...and with a little help from my friends!

I need to do this for myself, my health, my self-esteem!
Mommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #112  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I'm Dora from Oregon. I am 62 and started this year at my highest weight of 260#. I am married (34 years) with 5 children and 2 grandkids.

I started the new year as usual on a new diet, but this year has been different. I have really embraced this new eating pattern as a way of life - basically, healthy eating. I also started walking with Leslie Sansone, first the 4 mile walk, and now I'm up to the 5 mile.

I need accountability and encouragement, knowing others are in it with me, as my family is NOT!!! Hope to find it here. Nice to meet you all.

Dora
Doragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #113  

S/C/G: SW:230, CW:198, GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Hi, I'm Jackie and I... wear ... Spandex!!! K. I admit it, and I hope my withdrawal will be a smooth one. The spanx police came and cleaned out all my drawers, even the ... the wall safe was cleaned out. They were my favorites... gold thread; I had no muffin top when I wore those >.< Well, glad I found this site.
hewkojm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #114  

Hi everyone! I just joined so wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

I'm 52 and have been married to my DH for 2 years. My daughter is 19 and married to a great guy. The picture in my avatar was 2 years ago when I got remarried. I was about 25 pounds over my WW goal weight (yes, I am lifetime and gained back... ) Anyway, after a year of marriage I gained another 15 pounds and then found out my blood pressure was high. The doctor put me on BP meds and told me to lose weight. It was a wakeup call and I re-joined WW the day before Halloween and have lost 20 pounds since.

Still have a ways to go and the motivation is starting to slip. It was much easier before menopause to lose weight. Now I struggle even though I work on our property on the weekends from sun up to sun down. I have a desk job during the week though.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys here!
Tryintosave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:19 PM   #115  
Yo Yo Me

Height: 5'10"

Hi all...I'm 62 (ugh) and had the weight game conquered....I thought. Emotional eating (and not even aware i was eating) took over and so I'm back. Seems silly but I'm looking forward to getting my ticker!
sunster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #116  

Smile Hello from Nebraska

Hello! I am 62 years old from mid-Nebraska. I recently retired as an LPN, as my back and right hip won't allow me to walk as much as I need to. I plan to have my hip replaced in June when my daughter can come and stay with me. I have lost about 30 lbs over the past year and a half and have gained 10 of it back. I would like to lose those 10 pounds before my surgery if possible.

I've been widowed for about 14 years and have been raising my youngest son. He is a junior in college about 40 miles away. I have four VERY supportive children and seven wonderful (of course) grandchildren. My children recently moved my sewing room to the main floor from the basement. I love to sew and quilt. I do hems, repairs, zippers, etc. for others.

I haven't been too good at following WW or any other plan for very long. I'm hoping I will be able to follow this forum and receive the support I so badly need.

Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by jkbsapphire; 04-10-2013 at 06:04 PM.
jkbsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #117  

Hi everyone, I am 60 years old--how fast did that get here, ha.ha. I have been married to the same wonderful man now for 40 years. I have great kids a son and daughter and 5 beautiful grandchildren now. I am a very fortunate person to have such a family.

I had exercised most of my life, quit for a few years--and went to my doctor a couple of years ago and got the over the glass look--"we better pay attention to how much weight you have gained over the last few years." It really hit me between the eyes when she stated that she wanted to give me a test for diabetes?? I thought to myself--well--I am not that overweight--why would she want that? After watching a program called "The weight of the nation"--I learned that you really don't have to be classified as obese to get this horrible disease--you only need to be a few pounds overweight and you can become a victim of it. That scared me.

My eating problem was always at night. For some reason I got into the habit of snacking a lot after dinner. I was fine during the day--but at night--it was like a switch turned on in my bottomless pit stomach and over a few years I had gained 25 pounds. Just like age, pounds sneak up on you if you do not weigh yourself regularly. My top weight during all this came in at 164 pounds which was too much. So I took my doctors advice seriously, rejoined my Jazzercise group and lost 15 pounds over one year. I still have the last hard 10 to lose which is real difficult, but I am going to stay with it, until it happens and I am going to make certain it stays that way.

It's nice meeting others who are fighting the battle of the bulge, and I look forward to reading all of your posts and suggestions.

Last edited by Kscott; 04-16-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 196/171/140

Height: 5'6"

Default May I join you?

Hi everyone. I'm not quite 50 yet...I just turned 49 but I thought it would be better to join this group as I will be 50 next year!

PERSONAL INFORMATION: I'm married and have 5 children. I have only one child living at home--a 16 yr old daughter. I am also a grandma of an adorable grandson! I love indexing (helping index vital records for family history research), reading & movies (Tolkien, Jane Austen are my favorites), playing the piano, knitting (beginner!), and spending time with my family. I sell items at a craft show 3x a year.

DIET / EXERCISE REGIMEN: I am 5'6". I started my weight loss journey this past February after reading the book "Eat to Live". I don't follow it strictly but it has give me a good foundation. My weight in February was 195 lbs. I'm now down to 171, I've lost 24 lbs! My goal weight is 140 so I still have another 30 or so to go. My husband has also been on his own weight loss journey, but he is closer to his goal weight than I am. It has helped to have his support, but he's not as strict in his eating as I am. I have never lost this much weight in my life! I'm just eating healthier and exercising regularly. I use the LoseIt! app to keep track of my calories/exercise and it has been a great motivation for me.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES: My husband and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary next year, along with my 50th bday. We are planning to go on our first cruise, so I want to lose all this weight before then! We will go next year sometime in the spring or summer.

I love hearing about other successes and what works for them! I know that at my age the weight doesn't come off as quickly and takes a lot more work and diligence. I hope to give and get support here!
angelareads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning Angelareads! Welcome to our little corner of the world. We would love to have you come and join us in the Golden Girls http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-...den-girls.html Just pull up a chair and jump in. Lots of wonderful people there and we would love to get to know you.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

Good afternoon ladies. It has been awhile since I have been to any of the forums here. I am 55 years old and am battling weight issues as well as some other health issues. I will try to be here more often as I believe that support on my journey to successful weight loss is important, and for some reason I do not feel fully supported at home. I am hoping that will change over time.
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote