Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #76  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Here are my guesses Donna . . .

The Lion Sleeps Tonight -- not sure if those are the exact words or not -- always loved that song.

The Limbo -- never could do it, even when I was a lot younger and a lot thinner.

Found this little article in my e:mail after I returned from collecting Jazz from the Vet.

http://www.50plus.com/display.cfm?do...&cabinetID=323

Thought you might enjoy it.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:02 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2 View Post
I decided to cancel my WW account. I went in with a 3 month special, so I won't be officially canceled until, Oct 10Th. I don't want the 3 months to go by, then have the monthly payments, start up.

I'm not trying, it isn't WW, it could be any diet plan. If I'm going to idle, I don't want to keep making payments. I will use it until oct, then continue on my own.

ready2 sometimes it just isn't happening and that's OK, imo. I think you're smart not to plunk down more money for something you aren't getting anything out of at present.

My friend that lost the 22 pounds in 12 weeks on WW is in her 30's so of course her results were pretty impressive. Interestingly enough, she had tried a well known low-carb program earlier in the year with absolutely NO success. So each of us have different challenges and not one diet or program works for all. I guess the biggest challenge is finding one that works for YOUR situation.

I also read something that I found interesting - some people (myself included) are actually stressed by going to public diet meetings and being weighed in front of others, so that the after effect is that they become really really hungry!! Group meetings for diet are definitely not for me anyway. I also am not a huge fan of "experts" lecturing me - lol. But that doesn't mean I can't learn from the principles of a diet or program like WW's or SB or any of the other ones that have been around for some time.

My program is kind in a stasis too right now, so I hear what you're saying!! I'm not gaining but not really losing. But I am eating the way I think is best - fresh and healthy foods, staying low-carb, which is most beneficial for my situation and doing moderate exercise. Sometimes that alone has to be good enough However, each month I like to set new goals for myself and August is just around the corner, lol...

Hugs,
Hy
Old 07-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #78  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl120 View Post
...Still very busy painting, packing and cleaning.... Should be done by Thursday, I hope. Will work on painting the out buildings when my hubby starts his vacation on Friday.

Cheryl

Cheryl you are an inspiration!!!

I'm eyeing the walls in my bedroom now after reading about all your painting projects and thinking that room could probably could use a nice new coat of paint too - the last time they were painted was 1999...I might even go crazy and change the wall color from "Divinity" ( the color of the candy by the same name I think) to a nice soft taupe. I think the taupe would look good with our Swiss Coffee (basically white - lol) plantation shutters in there.

I'm kind of a color-in-art-on-the-wall kind of girl and like my walls and furnishings all neutral, but the bedroom walls might be fun to experiment a bit with...hmmm...

Anyway, FANTASTIC JOB Cheryl!!!!!

Hugs,
Hy

Last edited by hyacinth merry; 07-24-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 AM   #79  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning everybody . . .

Although summer got off to a slow start in Atlantic Canada this year, it seems determined to make up for lost time. Another hot and humid day is shaping up. Phooey . . . hate the humidity with a passion.

Nothing too new and exciting in my world . . . trying to get all the chores done early and then I can sit in a heap and knit or crochet my way through the hottest part of the day in front of the A/C.

Here's a little FFFF for today . . .

The expression "living high on the hog" originated from the way meat was once portioned out to the British army. The officers received the more tender cuts that tended to come from the front and upper portions of the pig - i.e., higher on the hog - while the lower ranks shared the remains.

Oh . . . BTW here's my all-time favourite piece of trivia. Not food related, but definitely British army related.

King George III, noticed one coollish night that his soldiers that were patrolling the castle grounds were wiping their runny noses on the sleeves of their uniforms and he thought this was a terribly disgusting habit; so he had the royal tailor sew big sharp objects to the front of all the soldiers sleeves to try to get them to stop --- and that is why men's suit jackets have sleeve buttons.

Have a great one gang . . . hope you can keep your cool while moving and shaking your way to better health and fitness. Later . . .
Old 07-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Just have a minute to run through and say "HI"

It's cloudy, cool and chance for rain today. Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend. Keep on Keepin On.

Time to go to lunch, busy day ahead.

DONNA
Old 07-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #82  
Onward and Downward

Hello again . . . wherever you are . . . hope you are all having a great moving and shaking kind of weekend . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #83  

Here it is Monday again !!!! I feel great today, had a very restful weekend. Thursday DH and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary,we went out to dinner at a new steak house down the road. It was wonderful, and I was pretty careful about what I ate, in fact brought about half of it home. Yea for me. Friday was my company "Summer Party", we went bowling. What a blast, I hadn't picked up a bowling ball in over 30 years. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to use my hand the next day, but it felt fine. I didn't bowl too badly, we just goofed off at first and then we only had time for 2 full games that counted for prizes, I bowled a 116 and a 90 and no prizes. There were some that were much worse and some much better, but it was lots of fun. We had a buffet and I had some fruit and veggies and a roast pork sandwich, did splurge and have a piece of cake as it was my boss's birthday. We had another inch of rain over the weekend,it was just drizzily all day Saturday so didn't really get outside much, it finally stopped around noon on Sunday so I did get out and get my flower beds all weeded again. Weigh in was good, I stayed the same, I'm happy with that.

Hope all of you out there are having a good day.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can" Unknown author

Talk to you tomorrow with new questions, DONNA
Old 07-30-2007, 04:56 PM   #84  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Glad you had such a wonderful anniversary, Donna. And the office party sounds like a hoot, too.

Our stupid hot and sticky record-breaking weather hasn't given up yet. Weather man says no relief until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest, although it is pouring rain right now. Actually the Humidex is only 36 C (97F) today as compared to yesterday's 39C (102F). Between my two little window A/C units and the equally noisy dehumidifier in the living room, the house has been staying not too bad. I've got it totally shut up and all the blinds drawn mind you and I'm beginning to get a little claustraphobic.

Anyway . . . this too will pass (quickly, I hope ) Keep things moving and shaking gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-31-2007, 08:58 AM   #85  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . .

I didn't sleep well last night and work up in foul humour and with a sore back. Then found some more "kitten-sprinkles" just to had to my morning's enjoyment. Still hot and steamy and I have to go out and get some more SHOO to spray on the furniture and a few other places. It actually seems to keep them off of it as long as I spray every morning. Trouble is, I don't like the smell either so it also keeps me off the furniture.

Oh well . . . hope you all have a great day . . . see you later . . .
Old 07-31-2007, 11:57 AM   #86  

Donna it sounds like you had a very nice anniversary celebration. Again, congratulations on #43!!

The bowling things sounded like fun! I too haven't bowled in YEARS - I imagine there was lots of laughing and good-natured teasing going on there.

Congrats on all your good work with your program!

Hugs,
Hy
Old 07-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #87  

Ok ladies it is Tuesday and time for a couple more questions from the
"Old Kids" Quiz:

#7. N-E-S-T-L-E-S,Nestle's makes the very best WHAT ?

#8. Satchmo was America's "Ambassador of Goodwill." Our parents
shared this great jazz trumpet player with us.His name was
WHAT ?

#9. "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking" WHAT ?

The answers to last weeks questions are:

#5.----the Lion sleeps tonight

#6.----Limbo

My cousin just sent me another quiz, so if you are interested, we can do it when this one is done, so let me know how you feel about it,maybe you are tired of it. Let me know

Thanks for all the well wishes for our anniversary
Last night we went about 40 miles down the road to meet our daughter and grandson to help him celebrate his 7th birthday. Met them at a park and she brought KC fried chicken and coleslaw and fresh corn on the cob from her garden and a cooker so we could cook it up fresh and birthday cake.Well so much for good intentions that's just too many times eating away from home and I caved.Today I haven't had much, don't really feel hungry yet.
Better get to moving here and get some work done and then I can go home and really get to work.
Have a great day gals, ttyl, DONNA
Old 07-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #88  
Onward and Downward

Keep 'em coming Donna, please . . . great fun. Think I know all three this time, but I'll let somebody else have the first kick at the can.

My e:mail was just blessed with a great little article about the better choices you can make at some of the fast-food establishments that tend to call to us from time to time . . . it's actually aimed at diabetics, but thought everybody would like to see it . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowCo...e_through.html

Have a great evening, everybody . . . see you soon . . .
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM   #89  

Just a fly-by...Just about have the painting done inside. Hubby and I have been busy taking loads of stuff to storage, and sweating like crazy!!! It is so HOT and HUMID here. Lost 2.6 pounds last week and will find out tomorrow if I have sweated off more.

Donna...#8 is Louis Armstrong. Think I spelled his name wrong.

Hugs and a great big Hi to everyone else!

Well I need to get back to painting, I would like to be done with my part tonight.

cheryl
Old 08-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Happy August!

Hope all is going well for all of you. Not too much happening here. My sister just told me that she'll be coming in for a week in mid August. I'm really looking forward to her visit.

Donna - on your anniversary and on eating reasonably at the restaurant.

Cheryl - Wow! Another 2.6 pounds. That's awesome!

Meowee - I hear you about the humidity. We've been having highs of 33 or so with humidex readings at about 42. One day 44. One of our small towns hit a humidex of 53 last week. Record for all of Canada! Aren't they proud!?

Ready2 - Maybe your new scale will be magical!

Hy - How are things?

Hope you all have a great day! Don't melt with all that humidity - or maybe that would be a good thing.

Talk soon,
Closed Thread