Old 09-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/164/155

Height: 5'6''

Default hard to cope with getting back on track...

turned 50 last year and was doing great,down 20 + pds.lost dad in december,now back up 10 pounds and don't care....any suggestions??
Reggie in st. louis,MO
REGGIE56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

So sorry to hear of the loss of your dad. I have had some unusual stress lately and had fell hard off track. Somedays I would overeat and sometimes not eat anything. I'm now back on track after a few weeks of being totally messed up. I can empathize. It is so difficult to get back on track, but it's not impossible. I wish I could be of more help. My Dr. recommended me trying South Beach diet as a lifestyle change. I did it,, and it is hard. But, I do feel like I'm more in control again. With my change in eating again, I began to have a desire to exercise again.

It takes time to heal from what you've been through and I certainly believe you need to relax and give yourself time for this new stage of your life. I'm wishing the very best for you. I'm sure you will find your way back on track. Your even posting about it shows me you are ready now to try to get back on track.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Reggie, The same thing happened to me when our best friend died suddenly of a heart attack. I had lost 30 pounds on LAWL and he died 12 hours after we left his house for a weekend get-together. I just didn't even care. It took me months to get back on track - I have LOTS more weight to lose than you do and I promise you, you will get back to it - One day when you start feeling better, you'll just do it.
I'm so sorry about your dad's passing.
I have lots of relatives in O'Fallon. I'm just across the river from south St. Louis County.
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/238/165

Height: 5 feet 7

Thumbs up

REGGIE56, you are not alone. My dad passed in 1990. He was also my Pastor. Quite honestly, I say it really took my 10 years and one precious dd to care again. I went from not caring to angry in nanoseconds. I ate to feel better. One day I realized that I was 75 pounds over a comfortable weight. Then I was in the throes of menopause---which sure hasn't helped my metabolism. But something just clicked---I care now!!

Just give yourself some time. We are here for you

I hope you continue 3fatchicks. You'll find wonderful support.

Trish

Last edited by Piano51; 09-12-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Piano51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Reggie,

I lost my dh in June of 2006. For almost 1 year, I ate mostly gallons of ice cream. In March of 2007, I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. It was a REAL wakeup call for me. Since then, I have lost around 25 pounds. Come join in our Golden Girls thread. We support each other and help ourselves and each other with changing to healthy lifestyles. We'd love to support you through this tough time in your life.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote