Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

What a beautiful morning it is here in central Nebraska. Only a couple more days in the 90's and then we can relax with the 80's, quite honestly I'm ready for some 70's. Sorry I didn't get here Friday but I had to work out of town so I wasn't near my computer. I had a wonderful weekend, Friday night we went to a going away party for one of my DH co workers. I tried not to overeat or drink. Did pretty well, I was so tired I really didn't care one way or the other. Saturday was a much better eating day. Sunday was my weigh in and I lost another .4 lbs. hey it's a loss !!! We had breakfast and then didn't eat much till late afternoon when we made beef kabobs with lots of fresh veggies, oh YUM. Got my treadmill workout done before work this morning so now I just need to take time to do some strength work, as soon as I get the laundry caught up.
Where is everyone, they must really have been busy over the weekend.

SUE: Don't beat yourself up over that 5 lb gain. It is very hard to stay on track when we have company and we are so relaxed with an old friend.BUT now you must get back to work on it. We will support you all the way!!!!

LINDA: Your little family holds a grudge for a long time don't they? Hope they get over it pretty soon, or your going to be awfully busy cleaning up after them.

Dryer just buzzed me that it is done so I had better get my rooms set up for patients and do some general cleaning. Talk to you gals later, have a wonderful day.
DONNA
Old 08-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #137  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Morning . . . . . . see you all later . . .
Old 08-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #138  

Well chickies, it is "Quiz Tuesday" are you ready for a new set of questions?

First here are the answers to last weeks questions.

#13. Don MacLean sang a song in 1971 about "the day the music died"
This was a tribute to? BUDDY HOLLY

#14. We can remember that the Russians put the first satellite into orbit
It was called? SPUTNIK

#15. One of the big fads in the 50's and 60's was a plastic ring that we
twirled around our waist. It was called the? HULA HOOP

NOW, we are starting a new quiz today, when I did it I have to admit I did miss a couple of them. Let's see how you do!! This quiz has multiple choice
answers, GOOD LUCK !!!!

#1. In the 1940's where were automobile dimmer switches located?
a. On the floor shift knob
b. On the floor board to the left of the clutch
c. Next to the horn

#2. The bottle top of a Royal Crown cola bottle had holes in it
what was it used for?
a. Capture lightening bugs
b. Sprinkle clothes before ironing
c. Salt shaker

#3. Why was having milk delivered to your door a problem in
Northern winters?
a. Cows got cold and wouldn't produce milk
b. Ice on the hiways forced delivery by dog sled
c. If left outside the milk would freeze and force the
cardboard tops out of them

See you next week with the answers and 3 new questions
Old 08-21-2007, 03:51 PM   #139  

Hi Ladies...Got back home early this morning from our trip out to Oregon. We had nothing but boat/car troubles going and coming. Going out I blew a tire on the boat trailer, no air in the spare, so had to unhook the boat trailer and go to the next town to get air. When my hubby unhooked the trailer, the jack broke on the trailer, so the boat trailer was on the ground. By the time I got back to help him, some one had stop to help get the trailer off of the ground. Got the tire back on and drove to the next town to get the tire fixed and they didn't have one, so we had to drive 70 miles to the next town. Stopped at a Super WalMart, and a guy came running up to us. He said our back right trailer tire was smoking. Turns out that the berrings were gone, and we ended up spending the night so we could find some one to fix it. Got it sort of fixed the next morning, but it needs a new axel, so the boat is in storage in Bozeman, MT. We ended up renting a uhaul trailer to bring the stuff we were taking out to store at our son's place. We were suppose to be to Portland by 1 pm on Friday and instead we got there at 1am Saturday morning. The good news is we made an offer on a house, the one I really liked. It's a manufactured home on 1 1/2 acres. We are just waiting to hear if they will accept our offer. We left early sunday morning to head back to North Dakota. Going through the mountains in Montana, the road all of a sudden made the truck tires vibrate. We thought it was because the road were pretty bad, well it got worse and I told my hubby I was going to turn off at the exit. Well girls, my angel was looking out for us. We had only ONE LUGE NUT holding the tire on, the rest of the studs were sheared off!!!! Had to call for a tow and be towed 45 miles to Butte, MT. Ended up spending the night and got the truck fixed the next day. Hope the next trip out will be better. I was very stressed out and thank goodness nothing to munch on in the truck.

Donna...I know the answers to your quiz, but will let the other ladies have a chance this time.

Sue...Welcome....Look forward to getting to know you.

Linda...Hope your furry friends get to feeling better soon and start using their litter box and not your funiture. Have you tired Ordor Begone? Your spray it where they pee and they won't go back to that spot.

Denise...How are your girls doing? Hope they are making themselves to home. I picked my Princess up from my friends house this afternoon, she didn't want to leave, the little poop!

Well I have laundry to get caught up on, will chat with you later.

Cheryl ~
Old 08-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies,

Just got back from my regular 6 month check at the oncologist. Green light for another 6 months.

Wow! These little kitties sure like to be in charge. It's like I'm their maid. "Clean-up after me, feed me and perhaps I'll reward you by allowing you to pet me." hhhuuummm - not sure how long this will last. Just kidding - I was prepared for it - a bit!

Too bad about your trip Cheryl. I can't imagine all of that going wrong in one trip. Is your next one the last?

Donna - You're making me think. I only know #3 and I think it is 'C'

Linda Sue.

Talk soon,
Old 08-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #141  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Wow CHERYL . . . you certainly had enough problems on that trip to last you for A LONG, LONG time. Hopefully, that means a great stretch of everything going right from now on.

DONNA . . . think I know #1 (b) and # 3 (c) . . . BUT #2 (b) is definitely just a guess.

Here's a big PURRRRR for you DENISE . . . glad to see you are quickly coming to understand the world of the cat.

So . . . here it is afternoon already and I have accomplished nothing . . . at least I've had not 'surprises' from my feline menagerie (or, none that I've discovered, yet). We are having a wonderful day -- nice seasonal temperatures; nice comfy humidity levels; nice and . In my estimation . . . that's about as good as it gets.

Here's an interesting little article from Prevention Magazine that I thought you might all enjoy . . . http://www.prevention.com/cda/articl...news.views/0/1

Hope everybody is having a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . Keep doing the good stuff, gang and I'll see you all again soon . . .
Old 08-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #142  

I'm dancin because the sun is out but the temp is only 73 and it is going on 2 PM, what a beautiful day this is. They are talking about rain tonight but they have done that all week and we haven't seen any here, all around us though.

CHERYL: I'm so sorry that you had so much trouble on your trip out West. Wow that had to be very frustrating. Glad you got to put a bid on the house you wanted that you get it, time for some good luck.

DENISE:on your good news at the doctors office. Sounds like you have figured out your new family pretty well, or is it the other way around?

LINDA: Your furry little family is behaving, hope they keep it up, they just wanted to let you know they are still in charge. Don't you just love the Prevention magazine. I have taken it for several years now and I look forward to each new issue. Seems like I always find something in there to help me out.

Where are Hy and Sue hiding ? We miss you gals, hope we hear from you soon.

Have a wonderful day everyone. DONNA
Old 08-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #143  
Onward and Downward

Just a quick fly-by . . . . . . the day was gorgeous, but I spent too much of it at the Dentist and then too much more of it feeling kind of yucky.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #144  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Knew it was too good to last . . . today the weather is overcast and getting more humid by the minute . . . definitely going to be getting some rain before too long.

Anyway . . . here's another good article from Prevention magazine that I thought you might all enjoy . . . http://www.prevention.com/cda/articl...%20Tips%20Ever

Have a great day everybody . . . see you later . . .
Old 08-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #145  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . . another day and another weekend . . .

We have sunshine today and, while that is definitely nice to see after the torrential rains we had yesterday, the humidity is 97% and it feels like I'm living in a pressure cooker.

Hope everybody else has a good and fun kind of day on the go . . . see you later . . .
Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #146  
Onward and Downward

Hi again . . . Nova Scotia managed to set another 'mugginess' record yesterday and today is supposed to be even worse. Weird, weird, weird Summer we've been having.

Hope everybody is having a great weekend . . . see you soon . . .
Old 08-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #147  

Happy,happy,happy here. Scale finally gave up and let me lose

1 lb this week. I feel great and it gives me the incentive I've been looking

for to keep going. Want to lose at least 3 lbs by the 10th of Sept. with

your help I know I will get there.

Have a great day, I've already walked my first mile today and will try for

another one later on. DONNA
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #148  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Hooray for you DONNA . . .

Weather is much, much better today and I'm taking advantage of it. Just about to run out again, but wanted to say a quick Hi to everybody.

See you soon . . .
Old 08-27-2007, 09:53 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

I guess I've been away for a while - I didn't realize how long. I have been busy with people visiting, taking parents to doc's appointments but mainly my new cats.

They are really starting to feel at home. They will now come and sit on my lap if I'm reading. I'm really quite enjoying them.

Congrats on the loss Donna!

Meowee - There was someone from Environment Canada on the radio the other day and he was really talking about Winnipeg weather but he kept changing over to Nova Scotia and much of the east coast. He agrees with your analysis of your weather this summer.

to everyone.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #150  

Default Quiz Tuesday

Yes it is Tuesday again !! Here are last weeks answers.

#1. Where was the dimmer switch on 1940 automobiles?
B. On the floor board to the left of the clutch
#2. What were the holes in the top of a Royal Crown cola bottle used for?
B. To sprinkle clothes before ironing
#3. Why was having milk delivered in Northern winters a problem?
C. The milk would freeze forcing the cardboard top off the bottle

HOW DID YOU DO ?

HERE ARE THREE NEW QUESTIONS FOR THIS WEEK

#4. What was the chewing gum named for a game of chance ?
A. Blackjack
B. Gin
C. Craps
#5. What method did women use to look as if they were wearing
stockings when none were available due to rationing during
WWII?
A. Suntan
B. Leg painting
C. Wearing slacks
#6. What postwar car turned automotive design on its ear when
when you couldn't tell if it was coming or going?
A. Studebaker
B. Nash Metro
C. Tucker

OK get your thinking cap on and I'll see you next week with the answers and 3 more questions.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!!!
Closed Thread