Old 04-24-2011, 07:48 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I'm glad you enjoy the chicken dish, Silly. Do you wrap it in tortillas?
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

nope - just put it in a bowl and enjoy - if i am in a mood to splurge i do put some baked tostitos on it..
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #213  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Okay, folks - I realize that I eat too much out of boredom when I'm alone at home at night. In order to combat that, I had an apple (but then added a tbsp of peanut butter. Just because.) ... Later I brewed a cup of hot tea. Good choice. (but then added a full sheet of graham cracker. Just because.) Good grief, not good choice! Sheesh. Not the end of the world, obviously, but need to nip this in the bud. Actually want to hit the sack early in order to get up early and work out - channelling Annie and Sillycat. We'll see. Rain expected here this whole week until Friday!! So limited chance to walk at lunch and outside at night.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #214  

NP - you can do it!!!!! go girl!!!

let's share pre-work workouts!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:27 PM   #215  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILLYCAT View Post
NP - you can do it!!!!! go girl!!!

let's share pre-work workouts!
I'm in! My knee has been so stiff today. I think it is the damp weather....I'm not complaining, we need as much rain as we can get, but I woke up through the night last night and every time I sat down today for any length of time it stiffened up like cement. I took a leftover pain pill from my neck issues and hope it helps during the night.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #216  

Happy Monday everyone! My knee is still really stiff and sore but I was able to get up and do a 2 mile walking DVD this morning. Once I get it moving it's good. Still wondering why it flared up so badly this weekend. Maybe a combo of the wet weather and standing alot while baking/cooking. I'm icing it when I am sitting down. Hoping it gets better soon.

I'm taking younger son to his fav restaurant tonight as older son is driving to Tulsa for a concert and won't be home for supper. I hope to make wise food choices. TOM arrived yesterday so I hope all of the extra weight will be gone by Friday. Doubt I will lose after all the cake, but if I maintain, I'll be happy.

Have a good day, friends!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #217  
Enjoying la bella vita

I actually woke up at 5:50 (which I refer to as the butt crack of dawn - when it's still dark and NO dawn is visible) and got my teeth brushed and changed an ON THE TREADMILL. Yay for me. Called hubby a while later as he was on his way home and just told him i was up and 'at em' so he didn't need to call to wake me up. He is so nice, he wants to let me sleep in before waking me up to exercise. Anyway, got the activity out of the way. I'll walk the dog if it's not raining tonight since she needs some activity.

More this afternoon!

Annie - what type of restaurant are you hitting - italian, chinese, mexican, american? Hope your knee feels better soon! I've got a stabbing pain extremely infrequently but about 10 times this morning right under my shoulder blade ... never had that before but it's taking my breath away. Hope it disappears as fast as it showed up.

Anyone getting into the wedding of Kate and William on the weekend? I watched some TLC last night showing things from Diana's wedding - doesn't seem THAT long ago - 30 years! crazy.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:20 PM   #218  

NP-Good job (LOL, I miss-typed "goof job"...should have left it...) getting up at at 'em this morning. Watch that shoulder blade pain, hope it goes away soon.

We are going to one of our local places. It is a restaurant/grill/sports bar with basically American food. They do have healthy choices (grilled or blackened fish or chicken with steamed veg or seasonal fruit) and I'm going to try to stick to that....fingers crossed. The do make a good burger, though. Use to younger son would split one with me, but he is currently hung up on their club sandwich.

I had a fairly healthy supper planned for tomorrow evening, but I feel like we really need to eat up the Easter leftovers. Wonder if green beans w/ new potatoes freeze well. I don't think so with the potatoes. I've been making an effort to use up leftovers and not be as wasteful as I have in the past.

I'd love to see the royal wedding, but you can bet I am not getting up to watch it. I may try to DVR it and forward to the best parts....HER DRESS, etc! I love wedding dresses, always have.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #219  
Enjoying la bella vita

Can you split the burger with yourself - have the rest tomorrow night or for lunch and really enjoy it? I agree with you on the potatoes - I can't get them to freeze right; not sure what they do to prep them for frozen meals like Lean Cuisine, etc. Mine turn to MUSH. I have had luck freezing pasta and then letting it completely thaw before doing anything to it (not micro thawing it) Maybe it's the same??

I, too, want to see what she's chosen for her dress - but am not getting up to watch it. BUT it will lure me to get up and get on the treadmill on Friday to see what they're showing then ha ha.

Have to do a quick run to the market tonight - for 3-4 things. I hope that I KEEP it at that.

Sillycat - were you up early, joining us for your workout?

How's the week starting out for everyone?
Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #220  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

We get to take April <--- to the vet today. The vet is across the street from the off leash dog park so she's going to think she's going to the park, until we pull into the vets. sigh.

Groc shopping and other fun stuff like that for today. I'm hoping to get Hubby to do weights with me later. Its supposed to rain today and the rest of the week.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #221  

NP - Yay for you - the first week is the hardest.

Got up 5:30 - did my usual check of emails / feed the pets / coffee - then 40 minutes of hard core fusion (Firm DVD) then shower and cleaned up and in the office

Hoping to get some time this afternoon to take a 1.5 mile walk with friends and the beginning zumba dvd this evening..

Now that i've lost the first 20 i think i'm more motivated - course with my luck that'll end soon... ha ha ha - ok it for now.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #222  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

I can't say I had a good Easter, not only was I angry all day, but I also sat down to watch a movie last night with a big bowl of ice cream w/ P.B & marshmallow on it & all the Easter candy. Gained 3.3lbs., then today I ate the last of the ice cream & a half jar of P.B & candy. It's gonna take me 2 weeks to lose all this weight! Oh well, life goes on! I'm glad Easter is over & all the candy is locked up in hubby's safe. I'm going to try to put these two days behind me and get on plan. At least I got 70min. of exercise in today!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #223  

Good job, Fruitlady, on keeping up the exercise. Even if you did overdo it on the goodies, you CAN control your exercise. With all the cake I ate AND TOM, I feel huge. I hope there is no permanent damage at the end of the week when I weigh. Fingers crossed!

Went out to dinner with my younger son. I was able to resist the burger/fries I wanted. Still had 3 chicken fingers, although I did have steamed veg and a fruit cup with it. Also had some chips and queso. Could have been worse I suppose.

Going to ice my knee tonight. It is still stiff and sore for some reason.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #224  

By the way, here is the most evil and delicious cake I made for Easter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD533157.jpg (28.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SD533156.jpg (22.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #225  
Enjoying la bella vita

Annie - that cake looks so pretty! Now what flavor is it? Take care of that knee - what's the update on your ear? Good job on ordering veggies and fruit cup - better than I would have!!

I've eaten even when I'm not hungry tonight - was full and then remembered that stick blender we had and thought, "Hmmm .. a banana smoothie would be fun to make..." so broke up a banana and added milk and threw in the freezer for a half hour, whipped it up and drank the dang thing, which I just didn't need and now feel sick. I rarely eat until I feel SO full. Dinner was an omelet.

Will hit the sack early, I think ... and aim to get up early again to hit the treadmill. This week I'll aim for three early days - Mon, Tues, and Fri. I know after DH gets off working nights, he's up LATE the next few nights, so I doubt I'll be hitting the sack at decent times midweek.

Kitteh - hope your job went well today!

PP - how was the vet appt for April - all go smoothly? Did she think she was hitting the off-leash park? I hate stuff like that when I feel I'm "tricking" them - not on purpose.