Old 04-15-2011, 06:18 PM   #136  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I did 40min of LB from another new DVD.

Annie and NP, Seriously, I gotta wonder about people. Hopefully, it was fake and no one is really that clueless.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #137  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

national- I am meeting them at one of their homes, everyone is bringing a different fattening food they made. I don't want to offend them if I don't eat the food they made. They know i lost weight & prefer to eat clean, they call me skinny bit** ( jokingly). I'm going to take your advice and say I've been having stomach problems, I'm not lying. It's true!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning.

Exercised well yesterday, but ate badly again. I'm getting frustrated about the eating. I need to clean out the house and do a few other things to make it harder to eat badly. The problem is, people are bringing in treats (including me, next week), and I have trouble saying NO.

FL--sorry to hear your stomach is still acting up. What does your doctor say?

Have a great weekend, everyone.
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/118

Good morning.. Scale didn't move one iota in this week's weigh in. I guess that is good news given that i had a couple days of binging. but thought i'd more than made up with it with a couple days of being at only around 1200 cals per day - but guess i shouldn't complain at breaking even.

sure is harder now that older

i finally got the zumba dvds and next week will start with am workout - pm zumba dvd - and eat clean
SILLYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #140  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hello~ Had a fun time yesterday evening with my friend at Panera's - got the half & half and had the soup and brought the half sandwich home. Yay. got home and found the dog had completely chewed the straps on my leather attache case for my work computer. It's unusable. I was/and still, to be honest, MAD. DH thinks she got mad because she didn't get to come with me. I don't know what to think - i wasn't wearing sneakers (the trigger for her to think she's coming - I don't wear sneakers out much except when we're walking/hiking) ... Anyway it just seemed like one more thing this week. I dunno. Then this morning I was pleased to see my weight drop on the scale close to 2 pounds! Skip on over to ww where I'm UP 0.6 pounds but what the heck? I was mentally crushed. I know it's not much and know it's an aberration because I've eaten well and been very active.

So not in a chipper mood today for whatever reasons and think I irritated hubby when he called at lunch - "are you going to be in a better mood tonight?" he asked. Huh. We'll see. I'm cranky about that, too - do I need to fake it moodwise I asked? Hm.

will get on the treadmill and get some endorphins going here before long, I guess.

Sorry for the pity note. Ha ha - need an attitude adjustment, i suppose.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #141  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

kitteh- i don't go to the doctor, no insurance. When I was in the hospital for stomach cramps there were tests that were not done cause I discharged myself & went home.

It's pouring here and chilly, still walked to the market & mailbox though. At least I got in 35min of walking. Going to the Farmer's Market later, then I go meet up with my old friends. My weight stayed the same, It's getting harder & harder to lose weight, is my age catching up w/ me? I really feel like giving up and letting my body to what it wants to do. My willpower seems to be gone most of the time, i don't know what to do. I'm past my calorie limit again, I'll end up at 1760 calories for the day, I went overboard with breakfast again. I feel hopeless
Old 04-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #142  
Enjoying la bella vita

FL - what happens if you plan to intake 1800 calories but increase your activity another half hour per day - to where you're active a minimum of an hour/day but don't have to limit your food so much? Then will you find peace, yet be able to burn those extra calories - or walk 75 or 90 minutes every other day - maybe with a book on tape, etc. - so you're spending more time on it but not beating yourself up as much the rest of the day?

Went to get on the treadmill as it's raining here, too ... well, it's jammed backwards against the closet because we just had the ceiling drywall replaced/repaired in that room. It's so heavy that I cannot budge it at all. SO my goal of getting in about 5 miles today ... until DH comes home and moves it for me, I guess.

Chicken fried rice (not sure why i call it fried since I just saute onions and peppers - nothing is fried) is for dinner - will make the rice ahead of time and wash that pot up. Also as a treat for hubby to take in to work tomorrow, I got peanut butter brownie mix. I'll make a pb frosting as well - then get it out of the house - for some reason I'm wanting to BAKE. And EAT. Bad combo. He's home in two hours.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #143  

I forgot to post my earlier workout; I did 40min of Upper Body exercises of the same new DVD as yesterday.

Hubby and I plan a hike and a picnic tomorrow. These will probably be two seperate occasions. Last week we found new wooded trails at the Agricenter/park and planned a return trip. Hubby found a beautiful park in an ajoining subdivision with a pond/fountain so that could be very nice. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and 75* while Monday has a chance of rain but maybe we can fit something in. Last night was the 'last frost warning' Yesterday was lovely, but today its 55* with a windchill of 52*. I"m confused.

NP, I have one pair of 'park' sneakers, April knows which they are so we put her outside, then get ready to WALK OUT THE DOOR before we let her inside to go out to the car. She'll get so excited whining, barking, and racing around, no way do we want to go though more of that than we have to!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #144  
Enjoying la bella vita

PP - hope you're enjoying a great day at the park and with the hike. Are you back to feeling 100% yet with your back? Now when's your birthday? I know he surprised you early but I think I missed registering when it was actually!

Slept in this morning - felt wonderful to wake up without an alarm. I ate a good breakfast and got bundled up to walk the trails with Lucy. Cold and windy. Was actually out there for close to two hours - from 10 a.m. until 11:50 a.m. Did a LONG walk and feel great. Now to not splurge today on extra food to make up for it... sometimes I do that.

Think it's Day 41 in my countdown, but I need to recount. Will do a pilates dvd later. I'd like to get more from the library, so I have a choice.

Loads of cleaning to get done today - cleaned the kitchen yesterday - looked great; then got to work baking a few things again. WHY? Oh well, sent most in with him to work.

Off to eat lunch! FL - how was your meetup with your friends? Annie - hope you're having fun with fiance this weekend! Howdy to all and look forward to reading all the updates when everyone's back on!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:04 PM   #145  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

My daughter & I went to meet my old friends last night, it was great. They had brownies & cookies there, I ate 5 cookies & two small brownies. Oh and a little apple crisp my daughter made to take along. I got on the scale this morning and I gained 2 lbs! Now I'm 9lbs heavier than I was last summer, I have got to get my mind off of junk food, and get back on track with my eating. Before I know it I will gain all the weight back that I lost. So, my goal for this week is to stay on plan with eating clean everyday & allow Easter to be my eat junk day. Yes, after I spend a week trying to lose weight, I'll gain it all back from blowing it for one day. I hate this!

Today is going good, rode the bike for 20min & walked for 30min. Eating clean all day and I will be right in my calorie range.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 170/167/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

Hello everyone!
I am a total newbie to this sort of thing. I was searchimg a diet and it was on a post here...So I took a look around and thought i would give it a try. Would be nice to have a little support. Not sure what else to say so..Bye for now
luckygemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #147  

Hubby and I took a 2 mile hike though the wooded trails, not bad for a couple of trail newbies. We also bought a new chain for my mt bike, and a couple of tomato plants and a rosemary {old one died again!}. My parents brought us some red honeysuckle vines, too. Off to plant them, while Hubby cleans limbs out of the backyard.

Lucky, glad to have you join us.

FL, glad today is going so well

NP, I'll be 42 on the 22nd!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #148  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

Hi Chicks, I'm back and I have missed you all! Life hijacked me as, you know, I am a tax preparer. It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't also in grad school. One more Tax Season while in school and I am graduated! Whew! Actually doing the work (taxes and teaching) will be easier than school. lol

Well, my eating hasn't been all that bad, but the big problem is that I haven't been exercising at all. I feel like a beached whale. I noticed that I only gained a couple of pounds back, so that is a relief. Happy to say though that the moment my rush ended (yesterday), I went right back to bellydance class and set up my Bellyfit schedule again starting tomorrow. I also agreed to learn a routine and perform this week and ongoing with the performance group (more advanced than me, but a good challenge). So I have something to practice = more exercise! This must mean that my mind is dedicated to this healthy goal.

I don't have time to read up on all of you right now as I need to now catch up on all of the school work that I've put off. I will be doing that later this evening. However, I send healthy, uplifting vibes to you all from the Emerald City, Seattle! ------------------->
archychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #149  
Enjoying la bella vita

Welcome Lucky! Glad to have you hear - looking forward to hearing your "story" and what your main challenges are! ... and Hi again, Archy! Glad you were able to come up for a bit of air ... Would love to hear about your belly dancing - I'd LOVE to try that (alone in my living room to start) ... ha!

Ended the day yesterday going WAY over on my points into the weekly allowance - with a mexican meal. I did extra exercise before we went out - back on the trail - and had exactly what I wanted (grilled chicken strips, rice and some queso dribbled over it - and chips!) and felt like a beached whale, to take your line, Archy. Sometimes that kicks my metabolism, though - a high exercise day and a high food day - and not necessarily all healthy foods. Yah, that's right, I did that for the sake of experimentation... Anyone buy that? :-) ha ha!

Have a good walk planned at lunch if it's not raining by then. And a hair cut tonight. And work in between now and then.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:06 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi ho everyone!! Got caught up on everyone's posts. Had a nice weekend with fiance. We went to the Spring Game at OU and really had a nice day. Guess who forgot her sunscreen?? Yes, I'm burned, especially my forehead-I took a hat and left it in the truck. What a ding dong. I'll be peeling in a day or two. Oh well...other than that, we had a real nice time. Here's a pic of me at the game:

I think I need to get a more supportive sports bra for sure.

Did nothing yesterday except grocery shop and prepare foods for the week. Had planned a nice, healthy supper tonight with everyone in attendance. But younger son reminded me of his band concert tonight at school. He has to be there at 5:45...why so early?? So I will come up with something for us two so we can get over to school in time. Older son will have to fend for himself w/ his girlfriend after they get out of classes.

Foodwise, my weekend was weird. Ate breakfast out on Sat. a.m. I had two pancakes and 2 slices of bacons. Ate about 2/3 of the pancakes. I had a hot dog at the game Sat. (no sauce or cheese) and some gummy bears. We had planned on going to one of two places to eat while there in Norman, but couldn't locate either one. So drove back home and had chinese at a new place close to my house. It was the worst chinese food I have ever had. I had fried rice w/ combination of meats. The only thing that tasted "real" was the 3 shrimp ( Woo, party!) that were thrown in. The chicken and pork tasted like imitation or processed meat. Egg rolls were okay. But after looking forward to a "splurge" meal all day, fiance and I were both very disappointed. So we stopped at Walgreen's and got a pint of ice cream for each of us.

I did real well yesterday except for the fact that I fooled myself into thinking I could actually display a big bowl of Easter candy on the dining table w/o digging in and eating a bunch of it. Oh well....can we deny marshmallow bunnies and Reese's peanut butter cups?? I had hoped to make an Easter cake next weekend for our dinner. I may compromise and instead of making it a two-layer, just freeze one of the layers and making it one layer that won't last so long (and tempt me for days), but still be able to enjoy a bit of it.

Back to exercise this a.m. with a 3 mile walk concentrated on waistline. That seems to be the area where I am picking up weight lately.

LuckyGemini-So glad you are here! Just jump right on in, the water's fine.

FL-Glad you enjoyed your visiti with friends, even if it wasn't the healthiest meal you had.

Kitteh-I'm with you on clearing the house of tempting foods....see above re: my bunny massacre.

Silly-I'd like to hear how you like the Zumba DVD. I would like to try it sometime, but worry it may be too high impact for my knees and spine. Let me know what you think.

NP-You grumpy ole thang you! Hope your mood lightened up as the weekend progressed. Chicken fried rice sounds like something I need to try at my house. Haven't made anything like that in a while.

PP-A hike and a picnic sounds awesome. I wish fiance wanted to do outdoorsy things like that. I have almost talked him into going on our annual hike with my co-workers this year (it is April 30). Last year we hiked up a mountain, but this year may be less strenuous. The promise of a good meal after may just bring him on board!!

Archy-Glad to see you back! You know, when I was searching for exercise that I enjoyed doing last year, I went to a couple of belly dancing classes. It is harder than it looks! Lots of control involved. I didn't stick with it, but I was glad I stepped out of my comfort zone for the two classes I participated in.

Whew! All caught up...unless someone slyly posted a note while I was typing....

Love and a healthy day to you all!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 04-18-2011 at 11:13 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote